Options

just had a complaint about my cat

Comments

• Options
    molliepopsmolliepops Posts: 26,829
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    edduk1981 wrote: »
    But how many dogs attack people and then have to be put down because of this?

I have never heard of a cat being put down becuase it attacked someone

You don't hear of any small dog doing so either so what is your point ? A lion just another cat afterall could and would kill a human we just don't see them wandering the back gardens of England.
  • Options
    dekafdekaf Posts: 8,398
    Forum Member
    molliepops wrote: »
    You don't hear of any small dog doing so either so what is your point ? A lion just another cat afterall could and would kill a human we just don't see them wandering the back gardens of England.

Small dogs do attack people, and then you just got rather silly.
  • Options
    molliepopsmolliepops Posts: 26,829
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dekaf wrote: »
    Small dogs do attack people, and then you just got rather silly.

Yes but they don't appear in the news as killers which I thought was what you were alluding to. Blimey I have seen mice attack humans most creatures with teeth do if they are afraid enough.
  • Options
    edduk1981edduk1981 Posts: 2,215
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

That is rather silly, if you saw a lion you would not go upto it to pet it (unless your with a trainer) unlike a dog u see in the park with its owner that looks cute and you go to stroke it and it bites u

I have just found a website which i wont share as its quite upsetting and most of the stories on their state that children mainly were attacked by the "family dog"
  • Options
    2shy20072shy2007 Posts: 52,579
    Forum Member
    That is rather silly, if you saw a lion you would not go upto it to pet it (unless your with a trainer) unlike a dog u see in the park with its owner that looks cute and you go to stroke it and it bites u

I have just found a website which i wont share as its quite upsetting and most of the stories on their state that children mainly were attacked by the "family dog"

You should never ever approach a strange dog and pet it, no matter how cute.If you do and it bites you, you only have yourself to blame.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    2shy2007 wrote: »
    You should never ever approach a strange dog and pet it, no matter how cute.If you do and it bites you, you only have yourself to blame.

I totally agree but we know it happens
  • Options
    OsusanaOsusana Posts: 7,520
    Forum Member
    But how many dogs attack people and then have to be put down because of this?

I have never heard of a cat being put down becuase it attacked someone

Cats can be very feral and eat people though, ask the policeman who has broken into a house where a suspected death (old age/natural) has occurred.
    If that person had cats - they would have had a good old nibble of the person if time had passed. (more common than you think)
    Not the cute sweet kitties that many owners think they are.

If cats are so free spirited and 'free to roam' AND their behaviour cannot be controlled; surely they should not be allowed as domestic pets?
    It's all about convenience though with a cat isn't it? Hardly any looking after or caring for needed....................
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Osusana wrote: »
    Cats can be very feral and eat people though, ask the policeman who has broken into a house where a suspected death (old age/natural) has occurred.
    If that person had cats - they would have had a good old nibble of the person if time had passed. (more common than you think)
    Not the cute sweet kitties that many owners think they are.

If cats are so free spirited and 'free to roam' AND their behaviour cannot be controlled; surely they should not be allowed as domestic pets?
    It's all about convenience though with a cat isn't it? Hardly any looking after or caring for needed....................[/QUOTE]

Sorry i totally disagree with your comment marked in bold.

I make sure my cat is healthly and free from fleas etc and take time to make sure is happy and content, i take him to the vets when he is ill and to get him his jabs. I always try to make sure he is in the house at night.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sorry duplicate msg
  • Options
    OsusanaOsusana Posts: 7,520
    Forum Member

Sorry i totally disagree with your comment marked in bold.

I make sure my cat is healthly and free from fleas etc and take time to make sure is happy and content, i take him to the vets when he is ill and to get him his jabs. I always try to make sure he is in the house at night.

That's fine we cannot all agree

Cats however don't need to be cared for if you are away overnight, don't require exercise etc - much more convenient than a dog
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,147
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    personally, I think the woman harrassing the cat owner lady needs to be kept in.
  • Options
    cobwebsoupcobwebsoup Posts: 4,862
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    abarthman wrote: »
    I was only doing about 25mph when my neighbour's white cat ran out in front of my car at the end of our street.

I braked immediately, but I had no chance of stopping in time, even at such a slow speed and I felt the little bump under my front wheel.

I felt really guilty when my neighbour's kids started putting the "missing cat" posters up on all the local lamp-posts, but I didn't have the heart to tell them that "Snowy" was at the bottom of my bin.

Better to tell them that you killed their cat rather than have them hoping that Snowy will come home though. It might upset them, but I know what it's like when a loved pet goes missing. I'd rather know they died than always wonder what happened to them.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    caras wrote: »
    I live in an area surrounded by neighbours cats and it does annoy me when they use my front garden as their local toilet :mad:
    However I just pop on a pair of gloves and clear it up. Not the most pleasant job in the world, but better that than having to leave my windows shut or face a disagreement with my neighbours.

However I must admit to lettin my dog out if I see one of the local pussy's in my garden. Is that wrong? No I don't think so! :D

Yes it is wrong. Some dogs maul cats and it's a horrible sight and terrible for the owner of the cat, don't set your dogs on them. I agree with your comment about it's better to clear it up than face a disagreement with your neighbours.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,579
    Forum Member
    I am very proud to report that my outdoor cat, who seemed to ignore the litter tray, just found it in the garage (I moved it because we had a bar-be-que with friends who don't own cats). Anyway, I heard scuffling and went to investigate, and bless her heart, she'd done a poo! One less poo for anyone without a cat to moan about. Although saying that I have never, ever had anyone complain about where my cats go to toilet.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Osusana wrote: »
    That's fine we cannot all agree

Cats however don't need to be cared for if you are away overnight, don't require exercise etc - much more convenient than a dog

Some do, some don't. My cat needs attention and love, or she'll sit meowing or come and sit on my shoulder until I stroke her. They are a convenient pet yes and each have their own personality..
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,596
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    NoodleGuru wrote: »
    Seriously, you are nuts if you think providing litter trays to cats will change anything. You think most people with free roaming cats don't also have a litter tray inside, too?

Stop talking about a subject you know nothing about. I can't believe you've ever owned a cat. If you have, I feel sorry for it.

You're in a serious minority when it comes to complaints made against cats. You're like the old lady every neighbourhood has, who stands at the window, twitching her curtain, and yelling at the kids coming home from school for shouting too loudly, or playing ball outside her house. Everyone else is fine with it. It's not irresponsible, it's how the world works. It's a shame the natural order of the world causing you stress, but that doesn't mean the world has to change just for you. You are fighting one hell of a losing battle.

It`s a shame you are so deluded and ignorant that you just cant step out of your little fantasy world, the one where cat owners think they can do what they wish and no one takes offence.

You lack the intelligience, and dont even read previous posts! It`s easy to be an ignoramus and label people `cat haters` because you dont have an argument to stand on!

Your posts are showing you up to be nothing more than one of those utterly self-centred, deluded cat owners who think they are the only thing that matters and anyone else who takes offence are just mere cat haters
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,596
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So just because someone has the opposite opinion they are automatically a cat hater. I can't see anywhere that they have said or implied they hate cats if anything they seem to care more for the cats welfare than some of the owners !

Thankyou. I cant see where i said or implied i hate cats either. NoodleSoup prefers to go on with his delusions and diversion tactics, its far more easier for him/her. Must be on a different planet to us.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,124
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    right i am going to diversify slightly here from the op tonight my two INDOOR cats were relaxing in our bedroom my big boy who is 2 days out of 8 week cage rest after a broken foot was relaxing on the window sill when some little shit decided to bang on the window and frighten him to death when i ran outside and shouted he ran off and the little girl with him was left standing alone.

I am waiting for some irate mother to come around and say i upset her little angel my cats dont bother anyone and i wont have them treated like that in their own home also my partner who has severe mental health issues and physical disabilities was sleeping and this is what we have to put up with.

My neighbour has 3 outdoor cats who use my garden as an extension of their own and they sit on my guinea pig hutches they have never once harmed the pigs and are quite protective of them my cats happily share the pigs food with them as koppa is quite partial to a spinach leaf he is a very odd ragdoll

I now expect to be told well they are only children well i don't have any and i wont put up with other peoples obnoxious offspring who have no respect for others or animals
  • Options
    Forum Member
    right i am going to diversify slightly here from the op tonight my two INDOOR cats were relaxing in our bedroom my big boy who is 2 days out of 8 week cage rest after a broken foot was relaxing on the window sill when some little shit decided to bang on the window and frighten him to death when i ran outside and shouted he ran off and the little girl with him was left standing alone.

I am waiting for some irate mother to come around and say i upset her little angel my cats dont bother anyone and i wont have them treated like that in their own home also my partner who has severe mental health issues and physical disabilities was sleeping and this is what we have to put up with.

My neighbour has 3 outdoor cats who use my garden as an extension of their own and they sit on my guinea pig hutches they have never once harmed the pigs and are quite protective of them my cats happily share the pigs food with them as koppa is quite partial to a spinach leaf he is a very odd ragdoll

I now expect to be told well they are only children well i don't have any and i wont put up with other peoples obnoxious offspring who have no respect for others or animals

Haha! bib! My cats also use my neighbours garden as if it is theirs, (all with the acceptance from my neighbours, who also love my cats) and my cats used to sit with their guinea pigs when they were in their run! My neighbour used to laugh as my cat gave them sideward glances! My cats also like to sit on their swinging chair too!

Edit: I totally agree that the children were out of order, and I hope I have brought my kids up with respect.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Zigesa wrote: »
    Haha! bib! My cats also use my neighbours garden as if it is theirs, (all with the acceptance from my neighbours, who also love my cats) and my cats used to sit with their guinea pigs when they were in their run! My neighbour used to laugh as my cat gave them sideward glances! My cats also like to sit on their swinging chair too!

Edit: I totally agree that the children were out of order, and I hope I have brought my kids up with respect.

oldest kid wasnt so brave when i went out and yelled at him little shit ran off
  • Options
    Forum Member
    oldest kid wasnt so brave when i went out and yelled at him little shit ran off

That is not surprising ah! Coward!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    he left the poor little girl with him all alone but i was pleasant to her as she wasnt tall enough to have done it
  • Options
    Deb ArkleDeb Arkle Posts: 12,584
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    cobwebsoup wrote: »
    Better to tell them that you killed their cat rather than have them hoping that Snowy will come home though. It might upset them, but I know what it's like when a loved pet goes missing. I'd rather know they died than always wonder what happened to them.

Keep it confined then...problem solved. ;)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Deb Arkle wrote: »

That's helpful isn't it. Try keeping a cat confined that doesn't want to be confined, then you might refrain from posting unhelpful and pointless comments like that ;)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Deb Arkle wrote: »

Even when I have come home from the vets, with instructions to keep one of my cats in, I have tried, for as long as possible to keep them in, but because they are not human, and can't understand 'You have to stay in', however many times I tell they will never understand, and my girl cat practically dug her claws out by digging at the closed cat flap. I felt that rather than her tear her paws to shreds, I would let her out and that is what I did.

There is no way I would ever confine my cats indoors indefinitely, because they would be unhappy, miserable and sad and stressed and would never understand why I have done it. They will always be free to leave through the cat flap when they choose to.
This discussion has been closed.