Options

Worst advert on TV at the moment (Part 7)

Comments

• Options
    MissCultureMissCulture Posts: 704
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Cannot abide that Coors ad with J-C Van Damme making angel wings in the snow....and I hate loathe and despise that bingo ad with the two Liver birds at their computers....'here we ger!'........their accent makes my grind my teeth!
  • Options
    chuffsterchuffster Posts: 8,822
    Forum Member
    Cannot abide that Coors ad with J-C Van Damme making angel wings in the snow....and I hate loathe and despise that bingo ad with the two Liver birds at their computers....'here we ger!'........their accent makes my grind my teeth!

They sound more like they're from Wakefield, not Liverpool.
  • Options
    MissCultureMissCulture Posts: 704
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oh, I stand corrected - whatever accent that is it sure bugs me. Like when 'Airline' was on and when that EasyJet customer service girl from Liverpool, Leanne Chung, came on I had to mute the TV because her voice to me was like a fingernail down a blackboard....
  • Options
    chuffsterchuffster Posts: 8,822
    Forum Member
    Oh, I stand corrected - whatever accent that is it sure bugs me. Like when 'Airline' was on and when that EasyJet customer service girl from Liverpool, Leanne Chung, came on I had to mute the TV because her voice to me was like a fingernail down a blackboard....

Now SHE'S a Scouser!:D

Awful accent!
  • Options
    RingoJ739KRingoJ739K Posts: 23,347
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The new "Tanfastic" haribo advert is LESS annoying than the "Starmix" one but it's still a bit cringey, the way they pull those faces when eating the sweets, I swear it's not even that sour...:/ and the boy looks like he's 8 years old while the girl looks like she's 13...
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 979
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Oh tough on youse ;)
    I spent last part of last week listening to a barrage of
    "sha arpp".."oh baybe" .."oh f***ing sha arpp" from members a wedding party in a rather nice Italian hotel.
    It isn't how we say it but what we say..... I find.
  • Options
    valkayvalkay Posts: 15,726
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    kezo wrote: »
    I much preferred the other Plenty ad but these are just awful to watch .... maybe he should drop by on the "big brother" house and use plenty with juan sheet! :D

He should listen to those girls in the B.T. ads to learn a genuine Spanish accent.
  • Options
    kezokezo Posts: 11,086
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    valkay wrote: »
    He should listen to those girls in the B.T. ads to learn a genuine Spanish accent.

surprised he gets away with sh.t just about when he says "shheett" :eek:
  • Options
    SillyBoyBlueSillyBoyBlue Posts: 3,258
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Teacher: What colour is this?
    Creepy monotone children: Reeeeddddd...
    Teacher: And this?
    Creepy monotone children: Greeeeeeeeeeyyyy...
  • Options
    PunksNotDeadPunksNotDead Posts: 21,312
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just be thankful we don't have this advert shown over here...:eek:
  • Options
    manic maniacmanic maniac Posts: 110
    Forum Member
    v10. Stella Artois - Still here on my list, mostly due to the "cidre/cider" tw*t, Pile of pish that it is :mad:

^9. Aldi - This advert is so crap, the old lady with the "bits", in her orange juice, immature joke, and the old woman talking is extremely irritating :mad: Plus ALL the Aldi adverts are crap

-8. Peugeot - This advert has been on all week, I have mentioned it before, and it's a pile of crap :mad:

v7. Mcdonalds - This ad has been played over and over, with their Olympics-themed shite :mad:

^6. Galaxy Minstrels - This ad has been annoying me all week and it's crap :yawn: :mad:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    v10. Stella Artois - Still here on my list, mostly due to the "cidre/cider" tw*t, Pile of pish that it is :mad:

^9. Aldi - This advert is so crap, the old lady with the "bits", in her orange juice, immature joke, and the old woman talking is extremely irritating :mad: Plus ALL the Aldi adverts are crap

-8. Peugeot - This advert has been on all week, I have mentioned it before, and it's a pile of crap :mad:

v7. Mcdonalds - This ad has been played over and over, with their Olympics-themed shite :mad:

^6. Galaxy Minstrels - This ad has been annoying me all week and it's crap :yawn: :mad:

That Galaxy Minstrels ad should be well scrapped now its over 5 years old :rolleyes: .... everytime I see it on now I actually cringe at it (was OK when it was FIRST out but now on all the time makes me wanna punch the TV.... "the grande bulge" yeah ok .... we know you at a male strip show just shut up! :mad: ... and doing the shaking head dance with the "posh" glasses ugh!)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 29,701
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That Galaxy Minstrels ad should be well scrapped now its over 5 years old :rolleyes: .... everytime I see it on now I actually cringe at it (was OK when it was FIRST out but now on all the time makes me wanna punch the TV.... "the grande bulge" yeah ok .... we know you at a male strip show just shut up! :mad: ... and doing the shaking head dance with the "posh" glasses ugh!)

Surely Mars Inc. have enough money to invest in a new Galaxy ad? Why are they forcing this rotting (it IS old) pile of crap onto us?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    maurice45 wrote: »
    Surely Mars Inc. have enough money to invest in a new Galaxy ad? Why are they forcing this rotting (it IS old) pile of crap onto us?

More like Mars Inc should INVEST in brand new adverts for its brands rather than use ads possibly dated back to say 2000 or just before..... forgot they are "saving" :D
  • Options
    grimtales1grimtales1 Posts: 46,695
    Forum Member
    If the genders were reversed in the Galaxy ad there would be outrage :rolleyes: :mad:
  • Options
    unclekevounclekevo Posts: 20,749
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nice 'N' Easy - Kate still looks like...Kate! Really? You don't say!
  • Options
    Utopian GirlUtopian Girl Posts: 8,275
    Forum Member
    There's many but the old lady in the Aldi ad does my head in!:mad:
    Again, the 'Direct Line' ads - as I said before , I'm ashamed my hubby & kids insure with them!:mad:

Forgot those Wonga Oaps are so annoying too!:mad:
  • Options
    matt86matt86 Posts: 24
    Forum Member
    The new pampers one, with the noisy alarms going off whilst the baby sleeps, sorry but it came on at least three times last night when I was watching TV, absolutely irritating to say the least!

And those Wonga puppets really annoy me, the way the main one wrings her lips at the end does my head in!
  • Options
    be more pacificbe more pacific Posts: 19,061
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    More like Mars Inc should INVEST in brand new adverts for its brands rather than use ads possibly dated back to say 2000 or just before..... forgot they are "saving" :D
    That company certainly believes in milking adverts for all they're worth. We have:

Skeletor's secret stash of Galaxy.

Harridans eating Minstrels while ogling strippers.

The woman off "The IT Crowd" and her mate put their sleeping boyfriends (the bloke off "Phoneshop" and his mate) in each other's arms because eating Malteasers made them feel naughty. (This ad was part of a series with the same characters, but it's the only one that gets shown anymore.)

The football player who turns into Joan Collins if he hasn't had a Snickers.

The sour-faced woman who wants a snack, so her boyfriend brings her a giant M&M in a bowl.

The red car and the blue car had a race, but smart old blue he took the Milky Way. (This one must be over 20 years old now. Although they replaced the word "smart" with the vaguer "good" in 2009 in case it seems like they're misrepresenting their product as a "smart" healthy option.)

In fact, Mars Bar itself seems to be the only Mars product which gets new adverts.
  • Options
    EastEnders-1105EastEnders-1105 Posts: 11,022
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Wonga OAP's

Argos Aliens

Gabi the H2o camel
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wBUakLRtLYQ

Chedds cheese for kids.
    Is the boy the same as in the H2o advert?
  • Options
    rosco2010rosco2010 Posts: 7,501
    Forum Member
    I can't remember which brand of toilet roll, but its the one where some guy yells that its made from 'TREEEEEEES'. :mad:
  • Options
    rosco2010rosco2010 Posts: 7,501
    Forum Member
    I-er like-a theee BT advert weeeeth the a-fake-a spaneeesh girls, they're preeety.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    That company certainly believes in milking adverts for all they're worth. We have:

Skeletor's secret stash of Galaxy.

Harridans eating Minstrels while ogling strippers.

The woman off "The IT Crowd" and her mate put their sleeping boyfriends (the bloke off "Phoneshop" and his mate) in each other's arms because eating Malteasers made them feel naughty. (This ad was part of a series with the same characters, but it's the only one that gets shown anymore.)

The football player who turns into Joan Collins if he hasn't had a Snickers.

The sour-faced woman who wants a snack, so her boyfriend brings her a giant M&M in a bowl.

The red car and the blue car had a race, but smart old blue he took the Milky Way. (This one must be over 20 years old now. Although they replaced the word "smart" with the vaguer "good" in 2009 in case it seems like they're misrepresenting their product as a "smart" healthy option.)

In fact, Mars Bar itself seems to be the only Mars product which gets new adverts.

The Red Car and the Blue Car ad is the only true classic from that entire list :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    rosco2010 wrote: »
    I-er like-a theee BT advert weeeeth the a-fake-a spaneeesh girls, they're preeety.
    They seem like real Spanish girls to me - if theyre not I thought their accents are bloody good :confused:

And yes they are very pretty/hot - I would :D;)
  • Options
    Ed R.MarleyEd R.Marley Posts: 9,162
    Forum Member
    The Toyota advert that mauls The Proclaimer's "500 miles". Why can't they just leave good songs alone:mad:
This discussion has been closed.