Options

Day 16 | Sunday 12th August | Closing Ceremony and 'The End' | Live Chat Thread

Comments

• Options
    kutoxkutox Posts: 16,368
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Don't know about everyone else, but seeing all the huge successes of these games makes me feel bad about my own feeble life :o
  • Options
    CBFreakCBFreak Posts: 28,602
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mrs Teapot wrote: »
    Yes, well done to them all Grouty :)

HIP HIP HOORAY!
  • Options
    MeoquiMeoqui Posts: 2,868
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That's it I am DETERMINED to go to the Commenwealth games in Glasgow in 2014 now!!! Right when do tickets go on sale?!?.......*whispers* please let the ticket process be better than the Olympics! If not for the fact we won our tickets we never would have made it to the Olympics!
  • Options
    planetsplanets Posts: 47,784
    Forum Member
    striing wrote: »
    Half an hour to get in the shower then. It's not like I'm still wearing my nightshirt or anything. Or that I watched the whole of the marathon, mountain biking and modern pentathlon just because it was the last day and I didn't want it to end. :o:D

today was the first time i wore clothes in a week and that was only cos people came round:o:o:o
  • Options
    BirthdayGirlBirthdayGirl Posts: 64,291
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I just missed that montage as my wee one's pal fell over, and I had to run out with baby wipes and plasters. Selfish wee madam :mad:

My mother chose to ring me bang in the middle of that montage.....is she not psychic and KNOW I'm busy?? :rolleyes:
  • Options
    TennisFreak08TennisFreak08 Posts: 9,451
    Forum Member
    Not the Beeb's best montage... And they usually nail this sort of stuff. Too sombre, I felt.
  • Options
    ScarletStarletScarletStarlet Posts: 2,390
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My mother chose to ring me bang in the middle of that montage.....is she not psychic and KNOW I'm busy?? :rolleyes:

How very rude people are :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    For the athletes. For the volunteers. For the coaches and the crews and the people who brought it to our TV. To the support of fans everywhere. To Every country that took part. To the big people. The little people. The Common man. To everyone everywhere. To you guys here as well.

This is for you all.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tgcc5V9Hu3g
  • Options
    domedome Posts: 55,878
    Forum Member

Is she not following the Olympic dream?

You need to take her in hand.:D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 22,127
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    there's going to be a "review" into why the swimmers were so bad ;)
  • Options
    gemmaovwales03gemmaovwales03 Posts: 7,183
    Forum Member
    Bex. wrote: »
    i think "Eurosport" will become my new favorite channel, apparently they show Track Cycling and other events :)

Yep I'll be looking into that too :)
  • Options
    MeoquiMeoqui Posts: 2,868
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They have nicotine patches................well where are the Olympic patches. Because many of us may just need one!
  • Options
    shadowassassinshadowassassin Posts: 1,770
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Anybody hear take that in the background of that interview? :D
  • Options
    FuddFudd Posts: 167,029
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Er, didn't a Lithuanian win the Modern Pentathlon?
    Fittingly the last gold medal of the London 2012 Games went to a Brazilian, Yane Marques, in the Modern Pentathlon with GB's Samantha Murray taking silver.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/olympics/19235488
  • Options
    CoronisCoronis Posts: 24,718
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Eurosport doing a montage of Olympic dramatic moments, Del Po vs Federer at the mo.
  • Options
    Apple_CrumbleApple_Crumble Posts: 21,748
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Does the closing ceremony start at 9? I haven't had chance to check 100%. I think it does :o
  • Options
    Lisa.BLisa.B Posts: 57,280
    Forum Member

She should know better, you need to lay down the law! :p
  • Options
    Mrs TeapotMrs Teapot Posts: 124,896
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    CBFreak wrote: »
    For the athletes. For the volunteers. For the coaches and the crews and the people who brought it to our TV. To the support of fans everywhere. To Every country that took part. To the big people. The little people. The Common man. To everyone everywhere. To you guys here as well.

This is for you all.

That is a lovely message and Bowie as well, perfect :)
  • Options
    far2coolfar2cool Posts: 6,334
    Forum Member
    Fudd wrote: »
    Er, didn't a Lithuanian win the Modern Pentathlon?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/olympics/19235488

I think the Brazilian got the Bronze
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Does the closing ceremony start at 9? I haven't had chance to check 100%. I think it does :o

It does indeed.
  • Options
    far2coolfar2cool Posts: 6,334
    Forum Member
    CBFreak wrote: »

This is for you all.

:D:D:D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 22,127
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    got my Haribo Games Mix ready :)
  • Options
    geemonkeegeemonkee Posts: 2,720
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    kutox wrote: »
    Don't know about everyone else, but seeing all the huge successes of these games makes me feel bad about my own feeble life :o

:D They've left me feeling inspired but it's 30 years and about 30 lbs too late! Could always take up Archery...:p
  • Options
    all_nightall_night Posts: 7,619
    Forum Member
    Are we holding a sweepstake as to what NBC will cut out of the Closing Ceremony :p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mrs Teapot wrote: »
    That is a lovely message and Bowie as well, perfect :)

Heroes was the only choice for me.