Chris Morris. True comedy genius!

Comments

• Options
    koantemplationkoantemplation Posts: 101,293
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    MarkBeales wrote: »
    Chris Morris. True comedy genius!

Yes good to see it being shown, shame they are not showing the Pedo episode though.
  • Options
    MarkBealesMarkBeales Posts: 3,600
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes good to see it being shown, shame they are not showing the Pedo episode though.

Yes. That was brilliant. And not half as bad as the Daily Fail made it out to be. I think The Day Today was even funnier though!
  • Options
    MarkBealesMarkBeales Posts: 3,600
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Phil Collins wearing a t shirt promoting 'nonce sense'. :D
  • Options
    koantemplationkoantemplation Posts: 101,293
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    MarkBeales wrote: »
    Phil Collins wearing a t shirt promoting 'nonce sense'. :D

Celebrity Bedlam is not a patch on Brass Eye.
  • Options
    EurostarEurostar Posts: 78,519
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

His message got totally lost : he was mocking the hysteria and paranoia in the media (and among the general public) about child abuse and "perverts", but there was a predictable backlash (thus proving his point about how hysterical and paranoid they were)
  • Options
    MuzeMuze Posts: 2,225
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Aah Brass eye, always good for a chuckle!

Elephant with is truck stuck up its arse is a classic, I seriosuly hope those 'celebs' are in on the jokes :D
  • Options
    OldvinylOldvinyl Posts: 1,504
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    When is it on? What channel?
  • Options
    Super_FurrySuper_Furry Posts: 774
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Muze wrote: »
    Aah Brass eye, always good for a chuckle!

Elephant with is truck stuck up its arse is a classic, I seriosuly hope those 'celebs' are in on the jokes :D

The subsequent complaints from the celebs suggests otherwise.

Check out the book 'Disgusting Bliss' - plenty of good stories about everything that surrounded Brass Eye in there.
  • Options
    mattybmattyb Posts: 1,185
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Brass Eye and The Day Today were superb programmes.
    The people behind Brass eye and The Day Today were geniuses.
    Two of the writers wrote Father Ted, The I.T. Crowd and Alan Partridge
    Muze wrote: »

I don't think they were as if i remember correctly Phil Collins seeked legal advice after he realised it was all a joke when it aired on TV.
  • Options
    Hugh JboobsHugh Jboobs Posts: 15,316
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ALh yes, the Brass Eye paedophilia special. A programme of true comedy genius!

What made it even funnier was the furore it caused after it was on. Absolutely brilliant!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 21,093
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oldvinyl wrote: »
    When is it on? What channel?

It was on last night as part of CH4's comedy fortnight (or filling time fortnight :D) I think it's on 4OD though.
  • Options
    Andy-BAndy-B Posts: 6,800
    Forum Member
    ALh yes, the Brass Eye paedophilia special. A programme of true comedy genius!

What made it even funnier was the furore it caused after it was on. Absolutely brilliant!

Possibly the most ironic moment in the history of media. And possibly the most despairing.
  • Options
    AerrowAerrow Posts: 107
    Forum Member
    The target of all these Brass Eye shows was public ignorance of a number of topics deemed important by an aggressive and ruthless media, and they hit the mark every time. I assumed that the celebrities were playing along, and was later genuinely amazed to find out that they thought the stuff they were reading out was serious. Tania Bryer talking about clouds raining upwards, Richard Blackwood recoiling in horror at paedophile 'suggestibility' wafting out of his keyboard, Kate Thornton claiming that cars and children in Cumbria might have been squashed by 'heavy electricity' etc. I'd love to know whether anyone actually worked out what was going on and refused to participate. Seem to remember Peter Tatchell quickly becoming very dubious about the line of questioning. Still, any programme that makes a grim-faced Lineker look a complete arse, just to make a valid point, is fine by me.
  • Options
    Super_FurrySuper_Furry Posts: 774
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    "It's scientific fact. There's no evidence to prove this, but it IS scientific fact."

Genius.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 818
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It was a good show, wasn't it? :D
    What exactly was the media's objection to that 'paedogeddon' special, anyway? I didn't see it the first time round because I wasn't that into comedy at the time, and I didn't really pay much attention to the news either...
  • Options
    DomestiquesDomestiques Posts: 1,720
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Daily Mail, and I think the news of the world went balistic.
  • Options
    Hugh JboobsHugh Jboobs Posts: 15,316
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    "The British Isles should be renamed the Paedoph Isles." :D:D:D
  • Options
    SemieroticSemierotic Posts: 11,132
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Was it the Daily Star that had an article lambasting the pedo episode and them, on the adjacent page, had a large picture of a 15 year old, voluptuous Charlotte Church with the caption 'my, hasn't she grown!'
  • Options
    Phoenix LazarusPhoenix Lazarus Posts: 17,306
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    "The British Isles should be renamed the Paedoph Isles." :D:D:D

Cue Chris Morris shrinking to a child's size and running off, screaming! Another great bit, among others (most of it!) were the rioters outside the prison, where the child abuser is, with one person 'plaited round the axle of the prison van,' another fired by catapult, to go over the wall, and hits the wall head first: 'He'll survive, but with his neck as an internal organ!'

Also, loved the stereotypical police mugshot of the abuser with grim staring eyes, that get bigger whenever they show it again during a reconstruction-and one of his victims remembering, in a little girl's voice: 'One day he got his bottom out!':D
  • Options
    cliffy91cliffy91 Posts: 1,462
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The paedophilia special was genius :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 277
    Forum Member
    Ted Maul disturbs...
  • Options
    bbclassicsbbclassics Posts: 7,806
    Forum Member
    I love Brass Eye and The Day Today.
    I like The Day Today a bit more though, 'Peter, you've lost the NEWS!'

:D
  • Options
    AneechikAneechik Posts: 20,208
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Quite possibly the funniest thing that's ever been broadcast on TV was Brass Eye's "paedophile disguised as a school". Just saying those words makes me laugh out loud, I honestly can't even comprehend how someone could think up such a situation, it's literally genius.

A paedophile, disguised, as a school. It's so logical and obvious but I doubt anyone has ever thought of it before.
  • Options
    Sophie ~Oohie~Sophie ~Oohie~ Posts: 10,395
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    MAKING JOKES ABOUT CHILD ABUSE, WHAT'S THE WORLD COMING TO :mad::mad::mad::mad: I'm going to protest outside the TV studio because they actually have a sense of humour. Mind you I'm not going to put nearly as much (or any) effort into protesting against economy-ruining banks, companies that don't care about the environment, nuclear weapons or even slave labour workfare, as they're too much like ACTUAL issues, but comedy shows?! Grr, where's my placard? :eek:

Kidding. Seen them a while ago but still very good. :D
    Chris Morris also wrote the film Four Lions, which isn't quite as funny as Brasseye but still worth watching.
  • Options
    OldvinylOldvinyl Posts: 1,504
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It was on last night as part of CH4's comedy fortnight (or filling time fortnight :D) I think it's on 4OD though.

Thanks.