Options

Jonathon Ross Show

Comments

• Options
    Tangledweb7Tangledweb7 Posts: 3,890
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What was that stupid bit with Colin Farrell all about. ' Oh look Team GB got more medals than Team Ireland' seriously does he think we here in Ireland give a crap about the number of medals our team won. As Colin Farrell said we have the nicest flag.;)
  • Options
    Mr.HumphriesMr.Humphries Posts: 1,043
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The show only pulled 3.5 million viewers even with the Olympians. Time for a rethink of the schedules methinks. I see the X Factor viewing figures have declined. Almost as bad as BBC1. I think ITV are dreading the upcoming Autumn months.
  • Options
    LolaSveltLolaSvelt Posts: 2,293
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    People ask Jessica Ennis the same questions all the time and it's getting annoying. At first I thought I was getting annoyed by her, but then I just realised it was the interviewers.

I don't know what it is, but Jonathan Ross's show isn't as interesting as it was on BBC.
  • Options
    chitariverachitarivera Posts: 36,905
    Forum Member
    Straker wrote: »
    I think you answered your own query as to why she was on!

What will she do when she can’t trade on her looks anymore?

Warm her arthritic hands on all the money she made when she was younger. :D
  • Options
    StrictlyRedStrictlyRed Posts: 12,451
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It is a pity that the Olympic guests cheapened their brand by appearing on this excrement. I heard Mo has signed up for the X Factor. How long will it be until the halo drops from their heads? Well done Messrs Sir Chris and Wiggo. A dignified silence.

Is this true?

Doing what? :confused:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,402
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is this true?

Mentoring one group of contestants in one episode.

Typical X Factor hype bigging up the show because they know they need to
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,402
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    LolaSvelt wrote: »
    People ask Jessica Ennis the same questions all the time and it's getting annoying. At first I thought I was getting annoyed by her, but then I just realised it was the interviewers.

I don't know what it is, but Jonathan Ross's show isn't as interesting as it was on BBC.

Jessica Ennis has absolutely spectacular legs! You never really get a chance to see them in all their glory when she's competing, but put a pair of heels on the girl and.......oh YEAH!!!

I should go and lie down now.....
  • Options
    GlowbotGlowbot Posts: 14,847
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    LolaSvelt wrote: »

I agree. Maybe it was the lack of movie stars.

I always thought the set on BBC was ugly, this is far nicer but it seems bland and characterless, as does Ross. He seems to have been neutered.
  • Options
    nvellanvella Posts: 697
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    There were too many people on so no-one got interviewed fully. Much prefer Graham Norton's show when they are all on together not waiting forever in the green room
  • Options
    HazelKeelanHazelKeelan Posts: 1,413
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    DFI wrote: »
    Jessica Ennis has absolutely spectacular legs! You never really get a chance to see them in all their glory when she's competing, but put a pair of heels on the girl and.......oh YEAH!!!

I should go and lie down now.....

Oh, you do; believe me, you do. :)
  • Options
    lundavralundavra Posts: 31,790
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Stansfield wrote: »
    Watched JR on ITV for the first time last night, just because of the Olympic medal winning guest's....never again.....

Similarly first time I have watched him since his move to ITV, probably the last time. The only improvement is getting rid of that bunch of useless "musicians" that he had as his house band on his BBC1 show.
  • Options
    GlowbotGlowbot Posts: 14,847
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    lundavra wrote: »
    Similarly first time I have watched him since his move to ITV, probably the last time. The only improvement is getting rid of that bunch of useless "musicians" that he had as his house band on his BBC1 show.
    God I hated them so badly.
  • Options
    mrsmoosemrsmoose Posts: 2,090
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I much prefered Friday night with Jonathan Ross, it seemed to be more fun. I don't like ITVs version
  • Options
    Mr.HumphriesMr.Humphries Posts: 1,043
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is this true?

As a 'mentor'. I shid you not!
  • Options
    ValerianValerian Posts: 2,224
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Too many guests, too rushed, too many ad breaks and the theme tune is rubbish. I think that covers all angles ;)
  • Options
    the_lostprophetthe_lostprophet Posts: 4,174
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mrsmoose wrote: »
    I don't like ITVs version

Me either. I tried watching a few episodes of this when it was first on but thought Ross has calmed down too much since moving from the BBC and so it doesn't quite work. I only watched on Sat because of the Olympic athletes - Bolt was amusing. :D
  • Options
    Zero gravitasZero gravitas Posts: 12,368
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Glowbot wrote: »
    He seems to have been neutered.

ITV have his balls in a glass jar somewhere, and he'll get em back if/when he returns to BBC.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,400
    Forum Member
    Why is it that anybody who goes to ITV from the BBC always looks lost. Ross just looks a pale shadow , hes just looking like a washed up old has been , pining for the glory days.

:)
  • Options
    degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
    Forum Member
    Jess is always going to look good but she looks better in her skimpy outfit.

Kelly Holmes looks awful dressed up.
  • Options
    Dirty RoosterDirty Rooster Posts: 1,331
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jessica Ennis' skirt was astounding (I agree with the great legs comments), but she should have given it to Kelly.
    Everyone who said too many people was absolutely right.

Anyone else think J.Ross is suddenly on steriods : he's got that freaky fat face bubbly nose thing going on which wasn't there last year ( or whenever he was last infesting the telly )
  • Options
    pauljoansspauljoanss Posts: 1,408
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Two problems
    1) JR thinks it is all about him and not the guests. Parkinson was the exact opposite. JR is not a comedian but the show seems to be setup in the believe that he is.
    2) Canned laughter, unbelievably false. Starts too early, rises to unrealistic pitch, then cuts off suddenly. I later watched a live stand up comedy show and the laughter was completely different. If there must be canned laughter then surely they can do better.
  • Options
    ZicoZZicoZ Posts: 7,642
    Forum Member
    I'm out of touch , who the hell is Rita Orr ??

I thought it was Rhianna till he introduced her !!??
  • Options
    ZicoZZicoZ Posts: 7,642
    Forum Member
    Jessica Ennis' skirt was astounding (I agree with the great legs comments), but she should have given it to Kelly.
    Everyone who said too many people was absolutely right.

Anyone else think J.Ross is suddenly on steriods : he's got that freaky fat face bubbly nose thing going on which wasn't there last year ( or whenever he was last infesting the telly )

I thought that Kelly won the battle of the legs tbh
  • Options
    sandydunesandydune Posts: 10,986
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ray wasn't too bad singing his song, 10/10. Jonathan on the other hand.:D
  • Options
    ParthenonParthenon Posts: 7,499
    Forum Member
    Jenson Button - Didn't really say much! Seemed like a nice guy.
    Dom Joly - Not a fan of his comedy, but he was alright.
    Suranne Jones - Love S&B and looking forward to A Touch of Cloth, good guest. Very attractive. :D
    Ray Winstone - Always a great guest IMO. Sang well too! Not really looking forward to The Sweeney. Don't think it could do the old show justice.

StooShe were good.

Next week: Mo Farah, Rosie Huntington-Whiteley, Gareth Malone, and Plan B.