Options

Man United Supporters Thread (Part 31)

Comments

• Options
    zielerzieler Posts: 8,038
    Forum Member
    From Henry Winter:

Outside Goodison. Just seen a kid in an #mufc No 20 shirt with "Van Persie" on the back. Also wearing an anti-Glazer green-and-gold scarf
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 949
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hope it's good game tonight with lots of goals hopefully it will be us scoring them ;)
  • Options
    Banana RamaBanana Rama Posts: 3,177
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cantona07 wrote: »
    Which is another reason why the Kaka deal might not be THAT daft. Effectively he can playing anywhere in an attacking position.

thats nonsense, he is a classic second striker/number 10, his pace has gone so he's too slow to play on either wing these days, people have to understand that what made kaka such a great player was his electric pace, he doesn't have that pace anymore so he is not the player he was. the kaka of 2006 would of been starting for madrid ahead of ozil all day long, but he's not that player anymore.

united already have 8 attacking players for 4 positions, what would we do with kaka, he's not good enough to start for us as we have better players in his position, and before numpties start suggesting that we play him in central midfield, he has never played there at any point in his career and has none of the attributes required to do so.

Kaka at united would be swapping one subs bench for another, and the glazers have no intention of paying a bench warmer close to 200k a week, this is a rumour that has been created on twitter, it has no truth to it whatsoever, frankly i don't even think kaka would make the bench at united most weeks.............
  • Options
    Joey BoswellJoey Boswell Posts: 25,141
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Stories from the papers today

Daily Star

Darron Gibson reckons Everton will face an angry Manchester United at Goodison Park tonight.

The Toffees midfielder who scored 10 times in 60 appearances for United says his former team mates are still seething from the last time the two sides met on Aprill 22.

United, five points clear at the summit with four games remaining, were leading 4-2 at Old Trafford with seven minuets remaining when Everton scored twice to deny Sir Alex Fergusons troops victory.

It was the begining of the end of Uniteds title dream as Manchester City went on to clinch the premier League.

And Gibson believes United who are set to include new £22m signing Robin van Persie will be seeking revenge tonight.

The Republic of Ireland international, 24, said: 'It makes it eben bigger, given what we did at Old Trafford last season, and everyone is excited. United try to win every game, but maybe there is a bit of anger there because the game against us lost them the league really'.

'But we'll go out and try and get the right result'.

The Sun

Danny Welbeck will this week sign a new four-year contract to rubberstamp his Old Trafford future.

The Manchester United rookie, 21, has been in talks for months after establishing himself as first-choice strike partner for Wayne Rooney.

Now he is finally ready to put pen to paper - days after Robin van Persie's £22million arrival from Arsenal.

The deal is further proof of his growing status at United ans reassurances he is a key figure in Alex Fergusons plans despite Van Persies capture.

Welbecks deal is worth £50,000 a week, treble his current wages.

But it is packed with a variety of clauses and incentives which could see it rocket to £70,000.

Manchester United have made a shock £4million signing of defender Alex Buttner.

United swooped to steal the Vitesse Arnhem full-back from Fulham, QPR and Southampton.

The Dutch ace 23, said 'This is a dream come true'.

He had threatened to go to the Dutch FA to force a move to England.

Daily Mail

Kaka has been offered to Manchester United on a season's loan as Real Madrid prepare for the arrival of Luka Modric.

Galatasary and Kaka's former club AC Milan are interested in the 2007 World Player of The Year, but United are the biggest draw for the Brazilian.

Sir Alex Ferguson is giving the 30-year-old serious consideration but has fears about his form and fitness after so many injuries.

The Brazilian's salary is around £250,000 a week and although Real are reluctant to let him join a Champions League rival, his wages are a burden considering he will spend most of the season on the bench at the Bernabeu.
  • Options
    Cantona07Cantona07 Posts: 56,910
    Forum Member
    thats nonsense, he is a classic second striker/number 10, his pace has gone so he's too slow to play on either wing these days, people have to understand that what made kaka such a great player was his electric pace, he doesn't have that pace anymore so he is not the player he was. the kaka of 2006 would of been starting for madrid ahead of ozil all day long, but he's not that player anymore.

united already have 8 attacking players for 4 positions, what would we do with kaka, he's not good enough to start for us as we have better players in his position, and before numpties start suggesting that we play him in central midfield, he has never played there at any point in his career and has none of the attributes required to do so.

Kaka at united would be swapping one subs bench for another, and the glazers have no intention of paying a bench warmer close to 200k a week, this is a rumour that has been created on twitter, it has no truth to it whatsoever, frankly i don't even think kaka would make the bench at united most weeks.............

I strongly disagree with most of that.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    JoTaylor wrote: »
    Waiting patiently at Hamburg airport for our flight home.

I've left half my belongings behind so I can avoid baggage reclaim at Manchester and just have carry on luggage.

Fingers crossed I can get home for 8pm!!!

Hope you get back in time Jo.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    RVP and Rooney start up front apparently.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I strongly disagree with most of that.

what in particular do you disagree with, that his pace has gone, because it has, you just had to watch him play last season to see that, there is a reason why he has made so few appearances at madrid, it is because he is not a world class footballer anymore, valencia, nani, a.young, kagawa, rooney, van persie, hernandez, welbeck, kaka wouldn't start ahead of any of those, kaka has declined in the same way that shevchenko did, and he would flop in the prem just like shevchenko did............
  • Options
    Forum Member
    RVP and Rooney start up front apparently.

Unexpected (by me anyway) but awesome. :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    surprised that RVP starts, he must be some way off match fitness, he has only played like 20 minutes in pre-season, i wouldn't of thought they would take a risk on a player with his injury record but there you go, worried about carrick at cb with the aerial threat of fellaini and jelavic, we look light in centre midfield too without carrick there............
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Im champing at the bit for the match to start.
  • Options
    f_196f_196 Posts: 11,829
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's very odd seeing RVP in the gingham.

Granted, it's odd seeing any of our players in the gingham. :D

ETA: RVP on the bench according to Sky.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Now saying he is on the bench - standard Talksport accuracy! Sorry folks!
  • Options
    FlukieFlukie Posts: 40,578
    Forum Member
    f_196 wrote: »
    It's very odd seeing RVP in the gingham.

Granted, it's odd seeing any of our players in the gingham. :D

ETA: RVP on the bench according to Sky.

It was odd seeing him in the club suit, walking in with the rest of the team!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    DDG
    Valencia Vidic Carrick Evra
    Cleverley Kagawa Scholes
    Nani Welbeck Rooney

Interesting...
  • Options
    shelleyj89shelleyj89 Posts: 16,292
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sorry to be nosy, but why are you playing Valencia at RB? I know Smalling and Jones are injured, but where's Rafael?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    f_196 wrote: »
    DDG
    Valencia Vidic Carrick, Evra
    Cleverley, Kagawa, Scholes
    Nani, Welbeck, Rooney

Interesting...

Insane. I like it :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's very attacking. If we don't score goals I'll be very dissapointed.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Attacking looking team, goals tonight please.
  • Options
    BomoLadBomoLad Posts: 17,821
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Rule of thumb: line-ups speculated an hour and 10 minutes before kick off are ALWAYS wrong
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    carrick and valencia in defence, cleverley-scholes in midfield, doesn't look great defensively does it, just goes to show what a mess our central midfield is when carrick is not playing there, cleverley-scholes is a weak central midfield, if any of our league rivals fielded those two at centre mid we would say the same thing, its amazing that united have gone this long without buying someone to play there...........
  • Options
    Danger CloseDanger Close Posts: 3,281
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well, at least I have DDG in my fantasy team. Will get some points for saves hopefully.

Can't see a clean sheet tonight.

But can see goals.
  • Options
    TribecTribec Posts: 9,345
    Forum Member
    You lot know my opinions about the idea of Carrick and Valencia in the back four. So Woolton and Rafael on the bench, the only excuse for Rafa is he's having a break having played all the way to the final of the Olympic's tourny.

MUFC are suggesting a more 442 formation with Kagawa on the left wing. Either way it's going to be tough tonight with that defence. I'm just not comfortable with it, however I can't do anything about it.

RVP on the bench was always going to be the case, a 20 or 30 minute run out at the end of the game I suspect.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    v23e23
  • Options
    kendogukkendoguk Posts: 13,804
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Lucklily everton are like Wigan slow starters
This discussion has been closed.