Options

There isn't a 'GOD' [as in, the one we're told to believe in] but there IS a creator

Comments

• Options
    KJ44KJ44 Posts: 38,093
    Forum Member
    batgirl wrote: »
    Yes, I'm clearly posting as an enraged devout person.

She shoots, she scores! Brazilian!
  • Options
    batgirlbatgirl Posts: 42,248
    Forum Member
    It was that or ignorance?

Explain how it might've been ignorance.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    KJ44 wrote: »
    She shoots, she scores! Brazilian!

Back to the stubble. :p
  • Options
    zx50zx50 Posts: 91,299
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just because you don't get fooled by the 'God' we're told exists, for purely social control purposes, it doesn't follow that there's no creator. It just means we're being manipulated by organised religion. These ones who control that, don't know anything the rest of us don't know. They don't believe in God themselves but they aren't any the wiser than anyone else. The idea that we're here by accident doesn't stack up. There is an originator, it's just that we will never know why this entity started it. We're stuck with that. end of story.

I think there's too many things that are 'coincidental' for our planet to simply be the way it is through sheer luck. That's my opinion anyway.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Leanna1989 wrote: »
    The true God is the God of the Bible. He's also the Creator.

I also don't think that the idea that we came from some big bang really makes any sense.

I think it makes perfect sense, but I still think everything was set in motion by the universe's creator though.
  • Options
    HenryGartenHenryGarten Posts: 24,800
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Leanna1989 wrote: »
    The true God is the God of the Bible. He's also the Creator.

I also don't think that the idea that we came from some big bang really makes any sense.

Your proof for this?

The fact that there is more than one "God" should make you highly suspicious if you had a thinking brain.
  • Options
    alan29alan29 Posts: 34,684
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Richard46 wrote: »
    I know; ;) how dare we be so arrogant as to question their certainties. :D

Yet when I question the idea that science will provide all the answers I get totally reasoned and dispassionate responses. ;)
    Funny old world. innit?
  • Options
    alan29alan29 Posts: 34,684
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Back to the stubble. :p

:o:o:o:o:o:D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 30
    Forum Member
    SULLA wrote: »
    You are confusing God with Satan:)

Hey, don't rope me into it.
  • Options
    Littlegreen42Littlegreen42 Posts: 19,964
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Explain how it might've been ignorance.

I'm not sure, but i think we have our wires crossed, i am not an obsessive religious person, it seems neither are you. I was just adding a fluke comment.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    zx50 wrote: »
    I think there's too many things that are 'coincidental' for our planet to simply be the way it is through sheer luck. That's my opinion anyway.

Actually, we're not as lucky as you think. This planet couldn't support human life for most of its history and will kill us in the not too distant future (by the kind of time scale universes deal in, obviously). We are lucky that we're right here right now, but then other species have had their day in the sun too, before us, and, no doubt, once we're gone others will dominate for a bit. This is only our planet for a short while.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I'm not sure, but i think we have our wires crossed, i am not an obsessive religious person, it seems neither are you. I was just adding a fluke comment.

Cool. :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think it makes perfect sense, but I still think everything was set in motion by the universe's creator though.

And that iswhere your thinking is entirely wrong. So who created the creator?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,797
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Snickers are wrong, so I eat Mars Bars.
  • Options
    AnKahAnKah Posts: 483
    Forum Member
    Richard46 wrote: »
    Genesis does not mention the moon in this context. It does say that he created the heaven and the earth I think that was intended to cover everything known at the time.

It does, as the 'lesser light', to say Genesis does not mention the moon, is to say it does not mention the Sun.
  • Options
    jsmith99jsmith99 Posts: 20,382
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Give us a link and I'll reply.:)

It's the thread about myra hindley; I'm not sure I can do link to thread but I'll try.

http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1721001&page=3
  • Options
    SULLASULLA Posts: 149,789
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Pete Grain wrote: »
    And it takes just one lemming to have an 'off day.' ;)

What are you on about?:confused:
  • Options
    SpeedOfLightSpeedOfLight Posts: 1,118
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why must there be a beginning? You are human, you think beginning, middle and end because that is all you know.

And I think this is one of humankind's biggest drawbacks in respect to this subject. Via religion, the concept of a God is pretty easy to grasp and believe, but try putting that thought process into how this God came to 'be', and it doesn't work. And because it cannot 'be', it is easy for some to dismiss. When you can accept that God is unique and there is no likeness or comprehensible explanation for Him, then you can just accept it and move on.

Maybe we have been 'programmed' in such a way, that we will never be able to answer this question to a humanely satisfactory level. *Waits to be flamed by the 'your not giving humans enough credit brigade'.*

Personally I think, it (knowing for certain) will always be, just out of our reach. Causes just enough doubt to keep faith alive. Ultimately it seems, faith is all that God asks of us.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    And that iswhere your thinking is entirely wrong. So who created the creator?

The creator was already there. That's what I think, just like the above is what you think.
  • Options
    TheSilentFezTheSilentFez Posts: 11,104
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm an Atheist, meaning I do not believe in a god.
    I am also a Materialistic Atheist, meaning I do not believe in God, but I also believe that all that can be measured or observed is all that exists.

There isn't a single piece of evidence for a creator, so I have no reason to believe that one exists.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Actually, we're not as lucky as you think. This planet couldn't support human life for most of its history and will kill us in the not too distant future (by the kind of time scale universes deal in, obviously). We are lucky that we're right here right now, but then other species have had their day in the sun too, before us, and, no doubt, once we're gone others will dominate for a bit. This is only our planet for a short while.

The fact that our planet's at just the right distance from the Sun. Since life started roaming this planet, everything was there to keep them alive.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm an Atheist, meaning I do not believe in a god.
    I am also a Materialistic Atheist, meaning I do not believe in God, but I also believe that all that can be measured or observed is all that exists.

There isn't a single piece of evidence for a creator, so I have no reason to believe that one exists.

So basically your sitting it out on the fence :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Not really. Again if your religious, this planet will be supporting life for as long as promised by God. We have already been made aware humankind's existence will only be a short one. It's not unlucky or a con, it's a fact that we have been made aware off.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The creator was already there. That's what I think, just like the above is what you think.

So how come you know this?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So how come you know this?

You're not reading my posts properly. I said THINK.