Options

Two episodes in and this is a rubbish start to a new season

STACEYFISHERSTACEYFISHER Posts: 155
Forum Member
The talent is weak. The staged little soap opera chats are pure cringe and the judges ''someone good has to come on'' is old and boring now.

X Factor is showing its age.

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,283
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    no one is making you watch it lol
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 396
    Forum Member
    no one is making you watch it lol

This isn't really the attitude, is it?
  • Options
    bazztheman93bazztheman93 Posts: 4,511
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You must be watching a different show because we have seen incredibly gifted musicians and artists and not karaoke singers for a change, people who actually perform their own material and show originality.

Ella Henderson, Jahmene Douglas, Curtis Golden, Lucy Spraggan, James Arthur, Kye Sones. These are very talented people, and not ur ordinary popstar
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,283
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    OddsOn wrote: »
    This isn't really the attitude, is it?

attitue?? no

just stating that no one making you watch it so if you dont like it turn over like most normal people do.
  • Options
    PaleHorsePaleHorse Posts: 5,681
    Forum Member
    You must be watching a different show because we have seen incredibly gifted musicians and artists and not karaoke singers for a change, people who actually perform their own material and show originality.

Ella Henderson, Jahmene Douglas, Curtis Golden, Lucy Spraggan, James Arthur, Kye Sones. These are very talented people, and not ur ordinary popstar

Originality does not equal greatness.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 530
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's odd though, I'm watching X-Factor Australia and it's got the identical format down to a T but it still feels exciting to watch and very fresh!
    Lots of good auditions and only 1 or 2 bad ones out of about 9 auditions per episode. Much quicker and I get to watch it without commercials. Plus two of the judges are actually good as opposed to the 0 we have in the UK. Which is odd because their version of the Voice was pitiful.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 38
    Forum Member
    You gotta realise also, the best is yet to come. When they put amazing acts on early last year, the hype had gone by bootcamp, they don't wanna do that again. (Think Janet Devlin) So the talent levels will increase gradually over time.

Ella was incredible by the way.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 525
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I really have to disagree. Tonight's in particular was filled with great performances before anyone bad was shown. Bar the first guy, Rylan but he was a bit of fun. Lucy, James and Kye were all great. James in particular was fantastic.
  • Options
    walford-e20walford-e20 Posts: 6,554
    Forum Member
    It's trash, but it's entertaining trash. :cool:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 20,096
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's awful; tbh all these reality shows/game shows BB, Red and Black are really god damn awful these days. It's not just the X Factor dying on it's arse, it's pretty much reality tv as genre. The market has become over saturated, the manipulation has become too obvious and the viewer is more cyncial now than ever to buy some of what XF is selling.

The talent has been low par, to be as kind as someone can be about it. There has not one remotely intriguing or good voice - 'decent' is not enough, not least without other qualities like stage presence, star quality, uniqueness. Of which none of those with 'decent' voices actually have. There has been no one remarkable, and no one worthy of this ridiculous OTT praise the judges have been giving out to some. They not superstars, or artists, or 'amaazing'. This is kareoke quality performance.

The pacing of the show is shite. These scenes with people taking amongst themselves are an utter joke, and TPTB at XF should really edit them out. Who are they kidding? And the judges. There's zlich chemistry. And, the joke acts are no longer funny, but just awful. I was watching some old XF clips from 2007, 2008 - the difference is massive. Now there was a show, I loved and enjoyed. This is just awful. If this is the best XF can do, then I really doubt it'll last five, ten more years.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 83
    Forum Member
    It has been sh*t. I thought Ella was sh*t, more originality has come out by arse.
  • Options
    InTheLoopInTheLoop Posts: 6,595
    Forum Member
    TeenieTina wrote: »
    I really have to disagree. Tonight's in particular was filled with great performances before anyone bad was shown. Bar the first guy, Rylan but he was a bit of fun. Lucy, James and Kye were all great. James in particular was fantastic.

lol, it's not april fools yet
  • Options
    Hit Em Up StyleHit Em Up Style Posts: 12,141
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The judging panel hasn't worked with Tulisa and Gary if you ask me. Although I can see why Gary was kept on because he has that middle age women demographic lusting for him.

Tulisa is just useless. Had her group not won last year I reckon they would have replaced her. Nicole is also void of personality. Melanie B should have been the first choice.

If the panel is right then the show works. Someone on here last week said X Factor is a show more about the judges than it is the talent and that is the truth. This is why X Factor has lacked since Dannii, Cheryl and Simon left.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 525
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    InTheLoop wrote: »
    lol, it's not april fools yet

I was not trying to be funny or make a joke.
  • Options
    IrishGrannyIrishGranny Posts: 1,072
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Sadly it appears a lot of X Factor viewers are unable to appreciate genuinely talented people who can sing their own music live. I've never been on the X Factor forum before, I expected people to be raving about how great Jamie and Lucy are, I am totally perplexed by the negative reaction on here, I am sorry for all those FMs who must only have access to Karaoke in their home towns and don't know what real music is.
  • Options
    LunarLegendLunarLegend Posts: 3,489
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Loved last weeks show however I didn't enjoy tonight's show at all.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,324
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sadly it appears a lot of X Factor viewers are unable to appreciate genuinely talented people who can sing their own music live. I've never been on the X Factor forum before, I expected people to be raving about how great Jamie and Lucy are, I am totally perplexed by the negative reaction on here, I am sorry for all those FMs who must only have access to Karaoke in their home towns and don't know what real music is.

Personally, it has nothing to do with the acts for me.

I've never been keen on the auditions anyway, I much prefer the show from bootcamp onwards, but you only have to watch an episode of auditions from 2004 - 2008 to see how much better the auditions use to be.

We only got to see four acts go through tonight, the pacing is dreadful.
    All the scripted chats and filming at home is baffling. It's not entertaining at all.

Introduce the act > sing > result > a few seconds of backstage reaction before moving onto the next act.

How hard is that? They know how to do it - they did it for the first five series.

Live audience doesn't work at all, the "joke" acts become nothing but cringeworthy rubbish that fail to make you laugh because they're being screamed to get "off" the stage and being booed.

The auditions are just awful now. They get a big fat zero out of 10 from me. Bring on bootcamp...
  • Options
    weelizweeliz Posts: 162
    Forum Member
    Order wrote: »

I've never been keen on the auditions anyway, I much prefer the show from bootcamp onwards, but you only have to watch an episode of auditions from 2004 - 2008 to see how much better the auditions use to be.

All the scripted chats and filming at home is baffling. It's not entertaining at all.

Introduce the act > sing > result > a few seconds of backstage reaction before moving onto the next act.

How hard is that? They know how to do it - they did it for the first five series.

Live audience doesn't work at all, the "joke" acts become nothing but cringeworthy rubbish that fail to make you laugh because they're being screamed to get "off" the stage and being booed.

The auditions are just awful now. They get a big fat zero out of 10 from me. Bring on bootcamp...

I couldn't have put it better myself. For me, the decline of The X-Factor began when the auditions were staged in front of a live audience, and the auditionees were given backing tracks. The whole appeal of the original auditions was that you could see the actual process without any audience distractions.
  • Options
    PJ1893PJ1893 Posts: 1,669
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I've never been keen on the auditions either but even though I'm enjoying it *slightly* more this year, you've hit the nail on the head - the pacing is bloody terrible. They need to show more acts OR shorten the audition shows.

I couldn't care less what the acts are doing to prepare or what they're talking about/eating/drinking backstage. There seems to be a pattern each week where there's a series of bad auditions, whilst two people chat backstage about how nervous they are, then they come on and wow everyone :sleep: :yawn:

It's too slow. Then when a good act does come on, we have to sit through a couple of minutes of the audience cheering whilst loud emotional music plays over the top. Get rid of the live audience - it works for BGT but not for XF.

The show really needs to freshen up the audition stage.

BUT saying that, I remember last year during the auditions thinking that they hadn't shown that many good, memorable auditions but already I think they've shown quite a few good contestants this year.

On the plus side, and I may be in the minority, but I think Gary, Nicole, Tulisa and Louis are working well.together :o
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 53,142
    Forum Member
    Loved last weeks show however I didn't enjoy tonight's show at all.

i agree..Next weeks looks good again, so it might pick up :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,324
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    weeliz wrote: »
    I couldn't have put it better myself. For me, the decline of The X-Factor began when the auditions were staged in front of a live audience, and the auditionees were given backing tracks. The whole appeal of the original auditions was that you could see the actual process without any audience distractions.

Yep - talk about fixing something that isn't broken.

The old format worked brilliantly. Just the act singing to the judges, no backing track and we got to see the acts progress to the live shows without having seen them perform in front of a live audience before.

And whilst the show is more about the judges now than it's ever been (although, it's always been about the judges to a certain extent), you just don't get the same interaction between them as we use to - especially when it comes to the joke acts - and that's down to the live audience.

Such a shame to see it in the state it's in. It's frustrating because to me the mistakes can easily be put right but it seems Simon's too stubborn and is taking it in a completely ridiculous direction.

Having said that, it's only the auditions I have a problem with and I certainly don't think the show will suffer overall because of it - I just can't help feeling annoyed at the producers messing this up when we had a perfectly good setup already.
    PJ1893 wrote: »
    I've never been keen on the auditions either but even though I'm enjoying it *slightly* more this year, you've hit the nail on the head - the pacing is bloody terrible. They need to show more acts OR shorten the audition shows.

I couldn't care less what the acts are doing to prepare or what they're talking about/eating/drinking backstage. There seems to be a pattern each week where there's a series of bad auditions, whilst two people chat backstage about how nervous they are, then they come on and wow everyone :sleep: :yawn:

It's too slow. Then when a good act does come on, we have to sit through a couple of minutes of the audience cheering whilst loud emotional music plays over the top. Get rid of the live audience - it works for BGT but not for XF.

The show really needs to freshen up the audition stage.

BUT saying that, I remember last year during the auditions thinking that they hadn't shown that many good, memorable auditions but already I think they've shown quite a few good contestants this year.

On the plus side, and I may be in the minority, but I think Gary, Nicole, Tulisa and Louis are working well.together :o

Got nothing more to add when it comes to the auditions, you sum it up perfectly.

As for the judges, like I said above, I believe it's down to the live audience.

The judges never get any time "alone."
    Auditions - 4,000 people screaming 24/7 making it hard for them to interact.
    Bootcamp Final 60 - Live audience again
    Judges Houses - Don't work together
    Live shows - back to a screaming audience.

The auditions used to give us an insight as to what the dynamics were like between the judges but we just don't get a chance to see that side anymore so many viewers come away feeling as though the judges don't mix well together.

Personally, I'm happy with the panel this year but I can see why some won't be - but then for as long as the live audience stay, I think the majority will be unhappy with the line up, whatever line up that maybe.
  • Options
    mal2poolmal2pool Posts: 5,690
    Forum Member
    Think a lot are coming on just to show off. Trying to get a career in tv , not a singing career. Lot of them rabbit on and on telling their life stories Usually some irritating idiot, which usually means they get their own tv series on ITV2 or guest on this morning. Cant get rid of them after that.
    I blame Louis. Btw the panel are rubbish this . Simon Cowell was great with his put downs. Dont show enough funny acts either.
    Hate these singer/songwriter acts that they are tending to prefer this year. Credible acts....no way will they be any good in Abba week!!
  • Options
    LunarLegendLunarLegend Posts: 3,489
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Orangemaid wrote: »
    i agree..Next weeks looks good again, so it might pick up :D

Have heard rumors about who is on next weeks show if these rumors are true I am very excited.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 434
    Forum Member
    It does feel a bit flat this year. Still watchable but lacking in energy. The Cheryl/Dannii years were compulsive viewing and I wonder if thats because the panel were simply more interesting and had superior chemistry. The talent was always generally average but the panel and their interactions was what kept it interesting. Thats been lacking the last two years.
  • Options
    steve2013steve2013 Posts: 2,167
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Its the exact same year after year we get all sorts of how rubbish the start is. Also once we get to the live shows we'll get threads on about how rubbish every act is in the live shows for the first show it happens every year.

Agree with the intro act sing result move on.

Also imho the joke acts have never ever been funny even without the live audience the joke acts are cringeworthy. Whats so hard to do away with the joke acts and just show talent.