Options

'Waiting for Chryed to Get It On' - Christian & Syed (Part 262)

Comments

• Options
    jenn123jenn123 Posts: 19,578
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Chryedguy wrote: »
    Kqv and I did meet this afternoon in Hartford, CT for a late lunch. We had a great time! Lots of good conversation about, gee, guess what? ;) I've invited her to come for a visit to Boston when she has some time off.

She is a lovely person, and I am totally jealous that she is going to the con! (Also jealous that she has met Marc and Johnny!) Must pay the mortgage, so I cannot make the con. :sleep::(

I'm contemplating a possible, though iffy, trip to the Mother Country in February. We'll see. :)

Sounds great, glad you had a great time. :D

You could maybe time it with Johnny's shows at the Hippodrome! :cool:
  • Options
    momentarythingmomentarything Posts: 20,139
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jenn123 wrote: »
    This is exactly it. They can't explore any aspect of the storyline deeper than surface level because anything else would give the game away. Is she guilty she's having an affair with a married man? Unsettled because she's sleeping with a man who thought her child was his once? Confused because her mystery lover reminds her of her uncle Harry? Without knowing any of this, her guilt and whatever she's feeling comes across as purely self centered. And the disposing of keys and phones and wanting to stick with Alfie, all to avoid temptation, is irritating me too, because it suggests she literally can't control herself; and therefore, it's the mystery lover's fault for being so irresistible. :rolleyes:

Ugh, exactly.

BiB: I HATE THIS. I needed caps lock because it annoys me so much. I can't quite put my finger on what it is that annoys me so much- apart from its blatant stupidity- but I think it's something to do with having a woman needing a man to 'keep her in line' because she can't control her emotions. Something like that. :sleep:

But BiB2 will be hilarious in retrospect if it's Derek. :D
    Kqv and I did meet this afternoon in Hartford, CT for a late lunch. We had a great time! Lots of good conversation about, gee, guess what? ;) I've invited her to come for a visit to Boston when she has some time off.

She is a lovely person, and I am totally jealous that she is going to the con! (Also jealous that she has met Marc and Johnny!) Must pay the mortgage, so I cannot make the con. :sleep::(

I'm contemplating a possible, though iffy, trip to the Mother Country in February. We'll see. :)

I was going to ask about this. I'm glad you had such a good time. The internet is an amazing thing. :D
  • Options
    elphaba7589elphaba7589 Posts: 74,162
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Glad you had a great time meeting up with kqv, Chryedguy :)
    I used to adore Kat too. It's such a shame to see what she's turned into. :( It's quite something when you turn a hugely popular character into someone who 'wins' on 'Most Unlikeable Character' polls.

I know our thread has slowed down a lot but Christian and Syed basically haven't been onscreen for almost a year. I know Jessie had that break, but she's basically been on our screens nonstop since she returned! And people are still posting here every day, and there's still a lot of love for the characters themselves and I'm sure it'll pick up when there's actual stuff to talk about! It's perked up a bit these last few days already. The way the Kat thread has just totally died says it all, really.
    This is exactly it. They can't explore any aspect of the storyline deeper than surface level because anything else would give the game away. Is she guilty she's having an affair with a married man? Unsettled because she's sleeping with a man who thought her child was his once? Confused because her mystery lover reminds her of her uncle Harry? Without knowing any of this, her guilt and whatever she's feeling comes across as purely self centered. And the disposing of keys and phones and wanting to stick with Alfie, all to avoid temptation, is irritating me too, because it suggests she literally can't control herself; and therefore, it's the mystery lover's fault for being so irresistible. :rolleyes:

Totally agree with both these posts!

And because we don't know who the man is it kind of absolves him of guilt in a way, because all we see is Kat being the one who is cheating. And by the time it's revealed too much damage will have been done to Kat's character. Seriously, if the new tptb had any sense they would cut this stupid storyline dead in it's tracks. As long as they then didn't fill the time with Derek because he's even worse than this Kat storyline!

Fell asleep for an hour now I better properly go to bed! Night all :) x
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 765
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You could maybe time it with Johnny's shows at the Hippodrome! :cool:

It's just possible that such a thought passed through my head...:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Test of All Internet Broadcasting System:

"Ahem. *tap* *tap* Jenn and Lyra have written Chryed smut!! Oh, and it was good!"

This concludes our test of the AIBS.

Thank you. :sleep:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,256
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lyra500 wrote: »
    Three random things:

1. Have decided not to link detailed spoilers in order to save your collective sanity. :cool:
    2. I really need to go to bed.
    3. I think I found a thing. Anyone else think Syed may have a touch of 'Best Little Boy in The World' Syndrome? (I say this without having read the book, which I think I will now have to read).

1. Thank you
    2. Goodnight :)
    3. How amazing is it, that so many people took the time to write such lovely and helpful posts to the Mum. I got tears in my eyes after reading some of them. :o

Totp goodies: Marc in drag, etc.

Hi :) Pleased to hear you had a lovely lunch with kqv. :) And really hope you can visit in February. :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ugh, exactly.

BiB: I HATE THIS. I needed caps lock because it annoys me so much. I can't quite put my finger on what it is that annoys me so much- apart from its blatant stupidity- but I think it's something to do with having a woman needing a man to 'keep her in line' because she can't control her emotions. Something like that. :sleep:

But BiB2 will be hilarious in retrospect if it's Derek. :D

It's a multitude of annoying things I can't put my finger on as well. Hiding the phone in the drawer because she couldn't trust herself to answer his calls was so annoying!

BIB: I hope it is :sleep:
    Totally agree with both these posts!

And because we don't know who the man is it kind of absolves him of guilt in a way, because all we see is Kat being the one who is cheating. And by the time it's revealed too much damage will have been done to Kat's character. Seriously, if the new tptb had any sense they would cut this stupid storyline dead in it's tracks. As long as they then didn't fill the time with Derek because he's even worse than this Kat storyline!

Fell asleep for an hour now I better properly go to bed! Night all :) x

Yes, there's that as well! Absolves him of guilt and doesn't explore one tiny bit of what he might be feeling.

Night night! x
    It's just possible that such a thought passed through my head...:D

Ahh, really now. :D It would be great if you came!

"Ahem. *tap* *tap* Jenn and Lyra have written Chryed smut!! Oh, and it was good!"

Keep your voice down! :sleep::p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Sorry Jenn but this did make me laugh! :p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    LoveChryed wrote: »
    Hi :) Pleased to hear you had a lovely lunch with kqv. :) And really hope you can visit in February. :)

Hello! Several things in my professional life would have to tip in the right direction this fall for it to work. I am crossing my fingers! :cool:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hello! Several things in my professional life would have to tip in the right direction this fall for it to work. I am crossing my fingers! :cool:

I will cross my fingers too. It would be lovely to meet you. :D

The night crew could all chat into the early hours! :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

That blog is great :D

And why am I not surprised you asked that question! ;):p:)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sorry Jenn but this did make me laugh! :p

:p As long as it stays in this thread, we're grand :cool:
    I will cross my fingers too. It would be lovely to meet you. : D

The night crew could all chat into the early hours! :D

Does this mean you're going to the Hippodrome shows too? :D Night crew united! :D

It could only have been one of a few people :p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It could only have been one of a few people :p

And what likely perpetrators would have appeared in your line up before I outed myself?? :D:cool::eek:

ETA: Cat got your keyboard? ;):)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Does this mean you're going to the Hippodrome shows too? :D Night crew united! :D

Maybe! I never really thought about ever meeting anyone from the thread until recently, but if Chryedguy is able to fly over the pond, I think I should get a travelcard so the night crew could meet up! ( I would be too nervous to talk mind you!! :o )
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    And what likely perpetrators would have appeared in your line up before I outed myself?? :D:cool::eek:

ETA: Cat got your keyboard? ;):)

I would have put a lot of money on Mercs asking the question, since she reblogged it :p Also, Gabriel and Lyra seemed like likely culprits :cool:

Ha! I was reading disturbing non-Chryed fanfic given to me by Mercs...scarred for life :eek:
    Maybe! I never really thought about ever meeting anyone from the thread until recently, but if Chryedguy is able to fly over the pond, I think I should get a travelcard so the night crew could meet up! ( I would be too nervous to talk mind you!! :o )

You so should!! You wouldn't need to be nervous :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I would have put a lot of money on Mercs asking the question, since she reblogged it :p Also, Gabriel and Lyra seemed like likely culprits :cool:

Ha! I was reading disturbing non-Chryed fanfic given to me by Mercs...scarred for life :eek:

Oh dear :eek: What are they about or should I just guess?

Thank you, I will think about it. :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oh dear :eek: What are they about or should I just guess?

Thank you, I will think about it. :)

It was a very disturbing crossover fic....and I think I'll leave it there :o:o

Great! :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It was a very disturbing crossover fic....and I think I'll leave it there :o:o

Oh dear. I never have cared for those. :sleep:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,727
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I'm shocked Jenn, shocked that you would say that about me! :eek:

I resemble that remark. :sleep:
  • Options
    demented yoyodemented yoyo Posts: 4,508
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lyra500 wrote: »
    Oh dear. Have just about managed to slog my way through next week's detailed spoilers. :yawn:

Kat, affair, Kat, Kalfie, Kat, Michael, Derek, Kat, Lucy...:yawn::yawn:

I may need to bury myself in a Chryed rewatch. :o
    So, let's see if I've got this right - there's a teeny, tiny, little bit of Kat/Kalfie/Mystery shagger next week?

At least Lucy's suddenly decided to open her eyes (with a little help from Sharon) and can see that her Father is ILL, cos y'know it hasn't really been obvious has it :sleep:
    Jack Nasty wrote: »
    I was just having a quick lurk before bed but had to delurk to rant about this...only I'm actually lost for words:rolleyes: I mean, seriously, it's just embarrassing. Thy should just drop it now and hope everyone forgets about it like they did with Billy stealing the post. If they need to fill the screentime just give us Chryed randomly snogging, I'm sure even the most ardent Chryed-haters would agree that would be better viewing than this shagger crap:sleep:
    Dropping storylines doesn't really make people forget they happened though, does it? It just makes tptb look stupid when they come up with something bad to fill the gap. Remember the Ferierra's and Kidneygate :o They should just let this stupid storyline play out in all its hideousness so they don't have to fill the gap with even more badly thoughout crap :o
  • Options
    AlexinBrumAlexinBrum Posts: 989
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just wanted to pop on to say I'm so glad Chryedguy and kqv had a great meet up, and very excited that Chryedguy and LoveChryed are contemplating coming to the Hippodrome thing - I'd love to meet you both! I know from experience that Chryedian meet ups rock. I was terrified the first time - I'd never met anyone off the internet before and had all kinds of escape plans formulated. In the end I was really gutted I had to leave and now everyone feels like old friends. The weirdest thing after Canterbury was coming back on here and being able to 'see' all the faces behind the posts.

Bring on ChryedCon, bring on panto, bring on Hippodrome! :D
  • Options
    BcUhTrTyEeRdCUPBcUhTrTyEeRdCUP Posts: 19,189
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Evening all
    How are we all?
    :)
  • Options
    LovelyLauraLovelyLaura Posts: 50,041
    Forum Member
    Afternoon :)

Glad you had a good meet-up Chryedguy and kqv! Chryed meet-ups are the best!!!

Next week's EE looks pretty awful. Alfie finding out about Kat's affair but not who with so we get to have more weeks of Kat hanging around with mysterious foots and hands - oh joy! :rolleyes:

At least next Monday's spoiler night should be better with Chryed stuff! And the wedding date reveal maybe? If the mags haven't published the date before then! Mid October would be a nice time for a wedding maybe.

When were Bushra and family spotted on set btw, can anyone remember?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,165
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Afternoon :)

Glad you had a good meet-up Chryedguy and kqv! Chryed meet-ups are the best!!!

Next week's EE looks pretty awful. Alfie finding out about Kat's affair but not who with so we get to have more weeks of Kat hanging around with mysterious foots and hands - oh joy! :rolleyes:

At least next Monday's spoiler night should be better with Chryed stuff! And the wedding date reveal maybe? If the mags haven't published the date before then! Mid October would be a nice time for a wedding maybe.

When were Bushra and family spotted on set btw, can anyone remember?

BIB:So Alfie knows, but we don't? Sorry, I'm a bit behind. I wonder what body part they're gonna show next:eek::D

Not very good with dates, but I thought the Bushra spot was in July? But you probably want an exact date:o
This discussion has been closed.