Options

'Waiting for Chryed to Get It On' - Christian & Syed (Part 262)

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,453
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Zoetjetoch wrote: »
    Through all the sadness of today, I have to say I think this is an excellent episode of EE so far. You can tell a skilled writer has been at work (Pete The Fabulous)

Loved the dialogue between Jay and Jean. Very good Shirley scenes too.

I hope everyone is okay. Hugs to everyone needing it. Thread is so busy....
    Good to see so many familiar and new faces.

Hi my dear twin Clarkie !! xx

Evening Zoetje, thinking of you (((((((((hugs)))))))))) x

I'm not watching because I haven't seen yesterdays yet, but will look forward to catching up:)
  • Options
    jenn123jenn123 Posts: 19,578
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'll make you all LOL when you see what I come up with :sleep : It's going to be that awful but I've warned ya :sleep : : o

LOLing is a good thing though - I hope you're doing a Chryedians fic :p
    lovesy wrote: »
    Aww jenn, (((hugs))) to you, I'm feeling all weepy again:cry :, but kind of happily so: D

I never got to take part in the OCRA's either, but loved reading them in retrospect, would love to take part in another one and think it would be a really fitting time, especially seeing all the old faces amongst all the lovely new posters too:)

I must catch up with Chryedguys fanfest post and have a think if I can do something and if I've got time! Am I too late to put my name down?

ETA Just seen the post, I'm not too late!:p:o
    Thanks elphie:D

(((hugs back!))) I think all my tears have been happy so far.

Yes, even reading the OCRAs were fun! Would be awesome to take part.

And glad you're going to take part! :D
    Hello again all - how's everyone feeling now? (((((biiiiig hugs to those needing them))))))

Thank you for the lovely caps as always Jenn, I understand it was emotional to do them. ((((special hugs to you))))

Hi Clarkie :D Hugs to you too!

You're welcome, and thanks for the special hugs! When I heard the news last night, and opened the article, it stayed open in a tab but I couldn't bring myself to click on it again, or close it. It was weird. :o
    Chicklette wrote: »
    Me too! I'm not creative/artistic etc in the slightest, but what the hell - I'm going to make the absolute most of the last few weeks on this thread :D

Yay! Let's all throw ourselves into everything now, may as well :D
  • Options
    ClarkeyfangirlClarkeyfangirl Posts: 2,899
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ((((((((((((((((((Claaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrkieeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!))))))))))))))))))): D: D

Hope you're ok! So brilliant to see so many wonderful posts from you lately my dear!!

And yeah, that email I sent last night was before I heard the news.... obviously:sleep::o

Stretchy page :sleep: :p

SOOOOOOOO lovely to see you here again, my love.
    And nothing brilliant and wonderful about those posts, I fear, just me waffling on as per :o

Yeah... obv.... before The News... I hope you're OK darling. I saw it just as I was logging out and closing my laptop yesterday...
    BIB: Challenged accepted!

*goes back to catching-up*

:cool: :D
    Through all the sadness of today, I have to say I think this is an excellent episode of EE so far. You can tell a skilled writer has been at work (Pete The Fabulous)

Loved the dialogue between Jay and Jean. Very good Shirley scenes too.

I hope everyone is okay. Hugs to everyone needing it. Thread is so busy....
    Good to see so many familiar and new faces.

Hi my dear twin Clarkie !! xx

(((((((((((((((((((((Zoetje my darling twin)))))))))))))))))))))))))))))) xxxxx
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Chryedguy wrote: »
    Välkommen Clarkie! (And that and "hej" are the entirety of my Swedish...:o)

But my dear, Jenn and I were so hoping that you would participate!! We love your fic (gentle hint). ;)

We're prepared to beg shamelessly if necessary. :sleep:

I second this! I'm totally willing to beg! :cool:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 745
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Lovely episode tonight awesome lawson at his best
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,093
    Forum Member
    I was just thinking - when Chryed leave there won't be any gay characters. Another reason for me not to watch it .
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,599
    Forum Member
    Can anyone remember what part number of this thread the OCRA's were on? Or does anyone have a link? I want to see what that's like again, I only ever skim read it :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,757
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Greetings Zoetje! I hope that you are coping all right.
    Evening Zoetje, thinking of you (((((((((hugs)))))))))) x

I'm not watching because I haven't seen yesterdays yet, but will look forward to catching up:)

Thank you both xxxx
    I'm not too bad. Feel oddly at peace with it - though maybe it hasn't quite sunk in yet...
    The things I hang onto are
    - they're leaving together, like we wanted. That must mean things will end happily for Chryed, surely?
    - Marc and Johnny are going off to do more fabulous things with their amazing talents and we definitely haven't seen the last of them
    - we will always be Chryedians. No way this amazing community will just wither and die... we've all made new friends, opened our minds to new insights and learnt so much from each other. It's a lot to be grateful for... Friendships will remain.

So call me naive and soppy
    I like it. :sleep:

Random, but no matter how sad I am - Miranda always makes me LOL! :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    (((hugs to whoknew and anyone else feeling upset))))
    Välkommen Clarkie! (And that and "hej" are the entirety of my Swedish...:o)

But my dear, Jenn and I were so hoping that you would participate!! We love your fic (gentle hint). ;)

We're prepared to beg shamelessly if necessary. :sleep:

That is perfect Swedish actually :cool: What else would you like to learn to say? I can teach you!

(Oh, that made me think about LIW! Has anyone heard anything from her in like forever? She has to be here for this... well, if she wants to...)

Me participating... ermmm... but I have absolutely nothing, and I haven't been able to write anything even half decent for absolute aaaaaaagessss, I don't think I could do that to anyone, really :o And I can't do anything else either...
    jenn123 wrote: »

Hi Clarkie :D Hugs to you too!

You're welcome, and thanks for the special hugs! When I heard the news last night, and opened the article, it stayed open in a tab but I couldn't bring myself to click on it again, or close it. It was weird. :o

Hiya love and thank you so much for the hugs *mmmwwwaahhhh*

I know, it felt so weird seeing it, and realise it's so soon too...
  • Options
    DessieDessie Posts: 5,731
    Forum Member
    Evening all! :)

I have nothing really to add as it's all been said, but wanted to say thanks for all the amazing posts today, and lovely to see so many familiar names again.

I'm so sorry for those who are sad. :( For me, I'm still pretty happy and relieved - it's like a great weight's been lifted off my shoulders, no more waiting and hoping for something that will never happen.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,165
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Evening:)

I have left work, had dinner and reflected on the news for a bit. Mainly I'm very pleased that I didn't wail loudly when I found out at work - it would have aroused some suspicion from my boss:o (I haven't wailed, btw, promise:))

I have been reading all the posts and I agree with everything!! Even the contradicting ones! I wonder whether Marc would have gone if he had had better characterization and some meaty dialogue - the stuff with Amira was either really that pathetic or cut to nothing. If we could see it, so could he:rolleyes: I also remember someone spotting Marc in LA early in the year and there was some speculation that he might be leaving then - we are good;). And Johnny seemed to be doing more and more things away from EE, which signalled to me that EE was not enough for him (that man appears to have never ending energy levels). I am sad, so so sad, but I know it is the right thing for them and Chryed. I agree with all the posts about the missed opportunities for Chryed and I really wished EE had managed to do more with them than have them labelled 'the gay couple' - so many s/ls went to other characters and Chryed were boxed by their sexuality a lot of the time - it was too late by the time things looked like they were moving forward with the football team:(.

What I will actually miss most is this thread. It has been so lovely to come on here and post honest opinions and get pleasant responses - not necessarily agreeing but always polite and with the idea of developing ideas, rather than arguing to goad. I really wish I had joined sooner and i wish I was going to Chryedcon - but I'm too shy:o I have read so many excellent posts today that I can't re-post them all - but thanks to everyone who is posting because I love reading them and no doubt I feel the same.

Missed the episode.....nevermind.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 765
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    whoknew wrote: »
    I was just thinking - when Chryed leave there won't be any gay characters. Another reason for me not to watch it .

Hi whoknew. Even if DTW takes up with Derek? ;)

In all seriousness though, (((hug))).
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,453
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Stretchy page :sleep: :p

SOOOOOOOO lovely to see you here again, my love.
    And nothing brilliant and wonderful about them, I fear, just me waffling on as per :o

Yeah... obv.... before The News... I hope you're OK darling. I saw it just as I was logging out and closing my laptop yesterday...

:cool: :D

If you can't stretch a page on a day like today then when can you?:p

I'll back you up with the begging! (nagging:sleep:)

Claaaaaaaarkie... pleeeeeeeeeease:p
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 23,837
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Can anyone remember what part number of this thread the OCRA's were on? Or does anyone have a link? I want to see what that's like again, I only ever skim read it :)

Here :)
  • Options
    ChickletteChicklette Posts: 5,500
    Forum Member

Just sent off my form to Chryedguy on a total whim :eek: I must be crazy! I didn't take part in the last one because of my lack of skills... not sure if anything's changed between then and now, but hey :sleep:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,093
    Forum Member

Random, but no matter how sad I am - Miranda always makes me LOL! :D

Same :D I'm watching it now - I used to hate it cause it made me cringe but now I love it :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just sent off my form to Chryedguy on a total whim :eek: I must be crazy! I didn't take part in the last one because of my lack of skills... not sure if anything's changed between then and now, but hey :sleep:

Yay! And thank you. I'm sure that what you do will be fine and most gratefully received. If you put your love for Chryed into it, it will be great! :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,165
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hi lovely, I know exactly how you feel, I'm the same:)

BIB We could couldn't we?:D I wasn't on the thread for the original storyline, would be great to re-watch it together and comment/discuss as we're watching, in real time:D We might still get new Chryed fans occassionally too, that discover them on youtube. Then we could rewatch again.. and again:p

Year 2045, Chryed re-watch no. 157 -_-

I love this idea - I found the thread late so I had no-one to talk to during the angst of the first kiss to getting together!! They were my wilderness years. We might have to skip Black Friday;)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,599
    Forum Member

Thank you :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If you can't stretch a page on a day like today then when can you?:p

I'll back you up with the begging! (nagging:sleep:)

Claaaaaaaarkie... pleeeeeeeeeease:p

Well, quite :sleep: Hope you're OK, not too nervous aso about what's coming up.
    Am I totally weird, btw, in thinking that this being their exit s/l makes it more likely to have enough thought and care in it (it's been planned for around six months after all, Awesome Lawson seem to be at least a bit involved and "busy")? /Yeah... course I am.

And I'll just ignore that last part :sleep:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That is perfect Swedish actually :cool: What else would you like to learn to say? I can teach you!

Me participating... ermmm... but I have absolutely nothing, and I haven't been able to write anything even half decent for absolute aaaaaaagessss, I don't think I could do that to anyone, really :o And I can't do anything else either...

Clarkie, ma chère, you are the Platonic form of the word "humble." Might I suggest that you are also a teeny bit stubborn in a thoroughly charming way? ;);)

Besides, you would get the information from the questionnaire of the person to whom you would be matched as inspiration. :D:cool:

I hereby beg most pitifully (being a slightly stubborn sort myself--just ask my partner if you do not believe me!). ;)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,757
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Hey my lovely twin! Hope you're okay.
    My r/l is a bitch right now (a really really mean bitch!! :mad: :cry:). (will pm you) Had a bit of a meltdown yesterday at the spoilers, and that was before "the" news broke. So it's all been a big jumble of emotions for me these last few days....
    I just really felt I needed to be here with everyone - all those lovely cyber-shoulders to cry on.... and reminisce with, of course..
    :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,858
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm sure she will! I reckon there'll be a lot of real tears between the Masoods and Chryed in their last episode- they all seem incredibly close, especially Nina and Marc.

I think there will definitely be a lot of real tears- I know for sure I'm going to be a blubbering mess (I already am today and that's just hearing the news).
    surreal wrote: »
    The what ifs, eh? *sighs* The long running frustration of the thread, Kirkwood has so much answer for! :mad: *sighs again*

For DTC to tweet about it when he hardly ever tweets says it all..........:(

I think for BK's sake it's good he left before this news broke out.
    KatrinaK wrote: »
    DTC must be feeling it. Chryed was his baby and now they're off after having literally no movement in thier story, since he left the show.

Really we owe alot of the success of the story to him. It's the reason we're fans and why we're here here on part 262. He reallly created something special.

I will forever be grateful fro DTC! He was a genius!
    I often wonder what it would have been like if Santer and DTC had stayed for longer. Chryed would have been treated so much better, no doubt about that.
    The wasted opportunities will always hurt
    , guess we've just got to focus on the good times :)

I've wondered this many times and now more than ever it hurts. I thought things might be different with LN (although she was around when BK was in charge so it could have turned out the same way)... they might have got better treatment but now I know that its all coming to an end and should just stop hoping to an extent.
    surreal wrote: »
    I think they must have despaired at times, but that's the nature of the beast I guess...............Still, the original storyline will forever be one of the most wonderful love stories EE has given us and for that I will always be grateful to Santer/DTC............... and of course, Marc and Johnny :)

Here Here! VivaChryed!
    I love Johnny, Jon and DTC ♥

DomTreadwellCollins @dominictc
    @mustbejp Lots of Chryed mourning on here. It's like a funeral! Xx

John Partridge @mustbejp
    @dominictc well I refuse to die!!!

DomTreadwellCollins @dominictc
    @mustbejp If that happened, I'd go back and dig you up myself! Xx

Jon Tsouras @jontsouras
    @mustbejp @dominictc amen sister x

awwwwww :)

LOL! I actually felt like I was/am going through the process of grieving- When I first read the news, i was devastated (the shock really hit me hard- I knew that they would leave but I just did not think it would be so soon- 2 months) but I had to go out today to do stuff (a la denial stage-because being busy meant that I did not have to think about it) however I couldn't shake the feeling of sadness. Then I decided to the read the thread on the go on my phone but got all teary and emotional reading so many wonderful heartfelt posts. Then when I was walking back to my house, I felt so angry with tptb and their treatment of chryed :mad:. Now I don't know I'm back to being sad again...and to make matters worst my light bulb in my bedroom has gone so I'm sitting in my room with the lamp on.

Poppy we better get our joint interview and Chryed reveal /pleassse

Starfish great posts about Christian and Syed full-circle.

Welcome back to all those past and new posters :D (Katia, Redbanana, rome81 (I've read your fanfics- there brilliant), kushtitillmaybee [Sorry if I spelt some names wrongs- I wrote them on a piece of paper when I was catching-up but can't seem to read my own writing :o:o. I'm really sorry and embarrassed :p])
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

You could totally do some stats and make it all pretty :D Or do another chapter of your epic fic :sleep::p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

:sleep: :sleep: :sleep: :sleep:

ETA: Oooopppssss... TOTP - I'll do my standard one - thanks Cazzie for it!
This discussion has been closed.