Options

F1 Coverage - The Verdict: 2012 Season (part 4)

Comments

• Options
    JonpollakJonpollak Posts: 2,552
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    WOW..Nigel Roebuck's piece on Ronnie !!
    THAT'S what we need on this dedicated channel.
    More meaningful reflection from erudite witnesses.
    You struck GOLD with that piece.

Jp
  • Options
    pakokelso93pakokelso93 Posts: 11,036
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    RE: Race length, they are perfect IMO. However I'm surprised they didn't increase mileage of Monza Race. They could/should really do with another 10 or so laps.
  • Options
    stej86stej86 Posts: 921
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Dont forget full coverage of the race with Jake, Eddie and David is available in stunning high definition later today on BBC One HD.
  • Options
    DanielFDanielF Posts: 2,006
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    stej86 wrote: »
    Dont forget full coverage of the race with Jake, Eddie and David is available in stunning high definition later today on BBC One HD.

Full? More like most and not stunning, just lower bitrate ;)
  • Options
    stefmeisterstefmeister Posts: 8,415
    Forum Member
    If they mention the latest news which is what is happening with Hamilton's contract and then do a few pieces on our British drives, it gets called the Hamilton and Button show.
    The problem with the Hamilton contract situation wasn't that they mentioned it, It was that they took up every practice session build-up with it & basically ignored other stories like Grosjean's ban that didn't even get mentioned any of the practice Build-Up coverage.

They also never added anything new to the story each time they discussed it, They just basically said the exact same thing with Hill/Herbert/Brundle giving the exact same opinions in all 3 practice build-up shows + the F1 show. By the time we got to the qualifying show those that had watched every bit of action had heard the same story & the same opinions 4 times.
    Why are some so anti-British in our own county? As seen with the opening, Italy supports ferrari and with a passion whilst some here go all out you be as anti-British racers as possible.
    Its not about been anti-british or not supporting British drivers, Its about balance.

Im british & I do like seeing the British drivers doing well, However I want to hear about other teams & drivers, I want to hear about all the F1 news & not just speculation surrounding 1 driver.

The build-up with Italy & Alonso was simply trying to get across some of the passion that surrounds this race, Dedicating a few minuites to that at the start of the show is fine. If they had gone on & made the entire show about Alonso & Ferrari then people would have complained.
  • Options
    Funk YouFunk You Posts: 6,864
    Forum Member

I shall check out BBC coverage later as well as I prefer them :)
    DanielF wrote: »
    Full? More like most and not stunning, just lower bitrate ;)

Dont make a difference if you have a SD TV still like me ;)
  • Options
    droogiefretdroogiefret Posts: 24,117
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't know why Sky Race Control is so blurry on my Mac - I like to watch the driver tracker but it's unreadable.
  • Options
    Pete_ukPete_uk Posts: 2,178
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is the race all on 5live today?
  • Options
    Calibans DreamCalibans Dream Posts: 3,768
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Some nice slow-mo shots for FOM with the car airborne.
  • Options
    davedpgdavedpg Posts: 960
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Pete_uk wrote: »
    Is the race all on 5live today?

It is but Sports Extra isn't being used which is bloody stupid
  • Options
    R410R410 Posts: 2,991
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't know why Sky Race Control is so blurry on my Mac - I like to watch the driver tracker but it's unreadable.
    That is because of the variable quality setting on Sky's streams.
    Massive pain in the rear. 20 meg line, only the XBOX running and it still keeps dropping.
  • Options
    swillsswills Posts: 4,004
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Is not in 'stunning high definition' on Sky then? plus the race is identical, just a different commentary
  • Options
    dansusdansus Posts: 2,559
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Really? What time?

Great race btw, BBC will struggle to cover it all.
  • Options
    habbyhabby Posts: 10,027
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I got a link from the Wiziwig site. :) Its the Sky transmission anyway & looks HD. :)
  • Options
    R410R410 Posts: 2,991
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    swills wrote: »
    Is not in 'stunning high definition' on Sky then? plus the race is identical, just a different commentary
    Only if you have the Sky HD pack. It is in HD for free on BBC One HD. I think that was his point.

I wish that the commentators would not talk over the announcer on the podium ceremony. Ben did it last weekend too.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 94
    Forum Member
    Can't believe David Croft nicked one of Ben Edwards lines "lights out, away we go!!!"
  • Options
    pakokelso93pakokelso93 Posts: 11,036
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    R410 wrote: »
    Only if you have the Sky HD pack. It is in HD for free on BBC One HD. I think that was his point.

I wish that the commentators would not talk over the announcer on the podium ceremony. Ben did it last weekend too.

Announcer is more of the Crowd's benefit...

Podium interview shite, is still... shite. Martin doesn't sound impressed with it.
  • Options
    habbyhabby Posts: 10,027
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Blimey, Nikki Lauda's eaten all the pies!!! :eek:
  • Options
    BenFranklinBenFranklin Posts: 5,814
    Forum Member
    thought FOM disappointed again, missing Alonso getting past Vettel was unforgivable.

thought Brundle was very slow to realise Sauber were having a great race with Perez
  • Options
    DanielFDanielF Posts: 2,006
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ptl141 wrote: »
    Can't believe David Croft nicked one of Ben Edwards lines "lights out, away we go!!!"

Both Croft and Edwards have used that line for some time now, well before this season. I doubt either of them could really lay claim to it.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    This post race has been really good so far.
  • Options
    MODTLMODTL Posts: 1,408
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ptl141 wrote: »
    Croft has been doing that nearly all season. His only weak part of the commentary I thought as it always sounds like a poor Ben Edwards impression but definitely enjoyed him more than usual. He does need to find his own catchphrase (Ben's is 'Lights out away we go', Murray's was 'Go go go'', maybe David's should be 'and we go racing!').

Found Simon Lazenby quite wooden however. Watched on an internet live stream as we're away from home so not HD. Tooned was excellent.

Can't wait for BBC's highlights later though :D
  • Options
    stevvy1986stevvy1986 Posts: 7,106
    Forum Member
    FOM need to stop showing us replays of the start as soon as we get to lap 3 when the DRS is enabled. They did it earlier in the season. If there's nothing to show, don't show it, and if there is, don't wait until the start of lap 3 when the DRS becomes enabled and you spend a lap or so missing moves.

Still not convinced by Lazenby. He's ok I guess, but we're 13 races in, and I just haven't taken to him. Not saying they should get rid, but.......I'm not a fan to be honest.
  • Options
    TheIllusionistTheIllusionist Posts: 332
    Forum Member
    I'm watching the post race analasis on BBC. The McLaren bias, the lack of any organisation and structure and the boring duo of Lazenby and Hill (which is only just shaken up by Herbert - but he ain't no EJ) have dissapointed.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    FFS thats twice now Lazenby has said about Perez's laptimes at the end of the race being quicker than the leaders laptimes at the start, coming across as totally ignorant. Get rid please.
This discussion has been closed.