✭✭✭
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p00yfl66

Nice familiar face in the clip for next weeks ep :):D:D:D

Luc!!! He's better off without Eddi :p
  • Options
    MsWilder11MsWilder11 Posts: 13,498
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't actually know whether I enjoyed the episode or not! My annoyance scale went ballistic tonight!

Malick and his students were alright, but it didn't really go anywhere. I lost interest the minute that blonde girl came out with "OMG" :sleep: Only thing I liked was the Malick/Ric interaction and even the Chrissie/Malick interaction. Felt a lot like a filler SL though.

Don't know where to start with the Max/Eddi thing. That guy just needs to go! I had a mini pnaic attack when I saw him in theatre, drugged up holding the knife! Not to mention him bundling that woman into a cab - seriously, nobody saw that?? There's no way he can keep blagging his way out of all these catastrophes either.
    I really thought Eddi had more sense than to knock around with the likes of him. She came into Holby looking to take charge of the ward and stay on the straight and narrow, but somehow, ever since Josh-gate, she's slowly ruined herself.

Sacha needs to grow a pair though, he really does. The guy is just too nice and everyone seems to run rings around him. I'm annoyed that there hasn't been any significant aftermath to his stabbing. It was referenced tonight, but only briefly. I was also annoyed by the way Chrissie told him he was over it and he just accepted her word. He's a lovely guy, but if he stays as a pushover then he'll get rather irritating for me to watch!
    Apart from that exchange, I found myself actually not minding Chrissie :eek: Eddi was so unlikeable tonight that I found myself not caring that Chrissie was taking some sort of moral highground!

And now we move to the supreme irritant of the lot.....Tara. I've never felt so much rage/hatred for a fictional person! Even Super-Sahira never made me feel this much anger! Two Tara-free episodes were heaven, but she had to come back with a vengeance :mad:
    I don't care if she's got some sort of mortality time limit, she does not badger/talk down to people higher than her!! :mad: She did it with Hanssen and tonight it was Jac. I was so hoping Jac would just not read her damn paper at all - although Jac's a better woman than me since she was prepared to spend a whole night with her, working :sleep:
    I was fuming that she never got that early scan either. Is it too much to ask that something's progressed and she has to leave??
    The Ollie thing still does not work at all. Why the hell they've been paired as an official couple I will never know! Even worse is the fact that she gleefully ditched Jac with a "yeah well, I didn't care anyway" attitude! ARGH!!!!

*breathes*
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 606
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What a great episode. I loved it very much. I got to give credit to Martha Hillier, i have said time and time again, she is the best writer on the show.

Max is an evil git but i like it because the show needs a character like him, he brings excitement and suspense. The actor plays the role very well. Eddi is so easily manipulated by his actions and going on the wayside. Fortunately enough, Sacha is able to suss that there's something not right about Max and calls Luc.

The Malick SL was funny to watch and very entertaining. Chrissie works very well with Malick and it nice to watch their friendship. She is less annoying when working in Kellar.

I could have done without Tara Lo in the episode. If I was the producer, I would axe Tara, Johnny and Ollie because i think they bring nothing to the show.

I also thought it was a nice twist that the sickle cell patient could speak french. Hanssen is a man of many talents. His french was wonderful. Is there anything he cannot do? Maybe dance?

Overall 9/10, would have got full points if not for the presence of Tara Lo.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,600
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I loved that we saw Eddi want to take Maxs blood. The way he jumped she should have guessed he was lying about hay fever or whatever he was banging on about.....but for him the to say he suffered depression.. hell even I thought he was telling the truth and believed him!!! :eek: then I mentally slapped myself and took note *hes a bad man* :o

Oh and they went to the cinema?! Eh!?! What the actual F***!! I thought it was all Sex & alcohol...it was never supposed to be 'relationship-y' :eek:

Bad dude for dropping Eddi in it at the end!! :eek: Cant wait for her to find out and then live happily ever after in the Caravan of dreams! :D

Couldnt help but laugh at Max in theatre though: "Clipity Clip" :o:D

Oh and jac? "Oh Crap" :D:D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 331
    Forum Member
    Brill episode, loved it :)

Jac was great 'oh crap' made me laugh.

As much as I love Malick, I didn't really like his storyline tonight.

Eddi, oh dear! I can't believe she's so naive when it comes to Max. But I did love some of her scenes tonight, especially with Sacha. Sacha was as lovely as ever.

I really dislike Max, the actors good, but I don't find the character a 'baddie' I like, can't wait for him to leave. I can't believe no one saw him take a patient off the ward and smuggle her into a taxi!

Chrissie was as annoying and hypercritical as ever!

BUT I cannot wait for next week!!!! LUCs return at last!!!
  • Options
    Maria747Maria747 Posts: 2,493
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This was a good episode, particularly the AAU and Keller story.
    The sickle cell anaemia patient story in AAU was the most interesting and the way it intertwined with Eddi and Max situation and the drug theft but it was a tad confusing at times.
    Seeing the disintegration of Eddi emotionally and physically was quite heart breaking imo because she is a brilliant and compassionate nurse. I really liked Sacha as the sincere friend and the way he goes out of his way of concern to try and help Eddi who is in a state of confusion and denial and cannot see that Max is a dangerous and devious person who will bring her down. Max was out of order, bungling that patient into a taxi, spaced out during a surgical procedure, I am glad I was not his patient he should have been suspended. I loved it when Hanssen sprung a surprise by speaking in French to that patient and I hope he can smell a rat in Max

I thought the Keller story with the students was hilarious, it was tops in the comic relief stakes of the episode and almost eclipsed the AAU story. Malick, Ric and Chrissie really work well together, they are a solid unit. The way the students were running rings round Malick, he’s quite a softie really. I felt so sorry for him and I really liked Chrissie tonight, it’s a good job that Chrissie was there to keep the students in check when they got too cheeky and also Ric, the wise old Jedi Master to show Malick the ropes. I didn’t quite get the story with one of the students though, was she winding up Malick with the pill story? Don’t you just love Malick, I do.

The Darwin story was the most boring of the episode, Jac and Jonny saved it from being total dross with their one liners, it was good that Tara stood up to Jac and decided to get a life in between her work and go out and enjoy herself. I am still trying to be positive for Tara, still not working really

After seeing the clip for next week, I couldn’t help but punch the air and say ‘yessssssss’ ! I can’t wait, Luc is looking so fit, and with his shaved head, looks like a hard man with a scalpel. I hope he uses it on Max. I can see Eddi will be on fire next week.
  • Options
    nick202nick202 Posts: 9,919
    Forum Member
    I thought on the whole it was a really good episode - it was interesting to see how Max kept wriggling out of every situation he found himself in. The only jarring note was him bundling that woman into the taxi - surely the taxi driver would have refused to take a woman in such a state?
  • Options
    fredsterfredster Posts: 31,802
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Maria747 wrote: »
    This was a good episode, particularly the AAU and Keller story.
    The sickle cell anaemia patient story in AAU was the most interesting and the way it intertwined with Eddi and Max situation and the drug theft but it was a tad confusing at times.
    Seeing the disintegration of Eddi emotionally and physically was quite heart breaking imo because she is a brilliant and compassionate nurse. I really liked Sacha as the sincere friend and the way he goes out of his way of concern to try and help Eddi who is in a state of confusion and denial and cannot see that Max is a dangerous and devious person who will bring her down. Max was out of order, bungling that patient into a taxi, spaced out during a surgical procedure, I am glad I was not his patient he should have been suspended. I loved it when Hanssen sprung a surprise by speaking in French to that patient and I hope he can smell a rat in Max

I thought the Keller story with the students was hilarious, it was tops in the comic relief stakes of the episode and almost eclipsed the AAU story. Malick, Ric and Chrissie really work well together, they are a solid unit. The way the students were running rings round Malick, he’s quite a softie really. I felt so sorry for him and I really liked Chrissie tonight, it’s a good job that Chrissie was there to keep the students in check when they got too cheeky and also Ric, the wise old Jedi Master to show Malick the ropes. I didn’t quite get the story with one of the students though, was she winding up Malick with the pill story? Don’t you just love Malick, I do.

The Darwin story was the most boring of the episode, Jac and Jonny saved it from being total dross with their one liners, it was good that Tara stood up to Jac and decided to get a life in between her work and go out and enjoy herself. I am still trying to be positive for Tara, still not working really

After seeing the clip for next week, I couldn’t help but punch the air and say ‘yessssssss’ ! I can’t wait, Luc is looking so fit, and with his shaved head, looks like a hard man with a scalpel. I hope he uses it on Max. I can see Eddi will be on fire next week.

Was the girl max bundled into the taxi the same girl that Hansen spoke to in french? If so why didn't the girl tell them it was max who sent her away? I was only half watching while doing the washing up.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    fredster wrote: »
    Was the girl max bundled into the taxi the same girl that Hansen spoke to in french? If so why didn't the girl tell them it was max who sent her away? I was only half watching while doing the washing up.

Yes it was. This is what I didnt understand! :rolleyes:
  • Options
    nick202nick202 Posts: 9,919
    Forum Member
    I'm liking Luc's new look in that clip - gorgeous....
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
  • Options
    FluffyBunnykinsFluffyBunnykins Posts: 3,934
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I didn't understand it all, but I think she told Hansen (in French), pointing at Max, that he gave her money to go away.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    nick202 wrote: »
    I'm liking Luc's new look in that clip - gorgeous....

After watching the clip again, I couldn't help but have a grin on my face. I am usually not into shaved heads but Luc is looking way too sexy with that shaved head look. :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Yes, she did tell Hanssen she was forced to leave in a taxi and was given money by Max.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    BTW, I thought Malick's one liner to Ric, 'alright Gandalf' was absolutely delightful.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,040
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just watched tonight's episode on I player... Oh be still my beating heart, I just love Sasha for finally calling Luc.

I love even more that Luc clearly comes back just for Eddi's welfare.

Eeeeee I really dislike Max and can't wait for Luc to come over all knight in white shining armour :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just watched tonight's episode on I player... Oh be still my beating heart, I just love Sasha for finally calling Luc.

I love even more that Luc clearly comes back just for Eddi's welfare.

Eeeeee I really dislike Max and can't wait for Luc to come over all knight in white shining armour :D

I echo your sentiments but not quite the knight, more like the bloke from the campervan with scrubs on.
This discussion has been closed.