Options

Prisoner Cell Block H

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,040
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Last night's was a good 'un! After the bashing from Margo (evil Margo is fun to watch), Lil and Bev and after being locked in the storeroom, Bea's memory's back and Margo's going to get hers! :D

(But how dull is the storyline with Meg the probation officer and the "poor little rich boy" Nick? :yawn:)
  • Options
    GroutyGrouty Posts: 34,043
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ms Katt wrote: »
    Last night's was a good 'un! After the bashing from Margo (evil Margo is fun to watch), Lil and Bev and after being locked in the storeroom, Bea's memory's back and Margo's going to get hers! :D

(But how dull is the storyline with Meg the probation officer and the "poor little rich boy" Nick? :yawn:)

It was great when she got her memory back, Margo does indeed get it :D, and yeah, agree on the Nick storyline, didn't think much of it myself, wasn't really much to that one. :)

Looks like Bridges is finally going to get it, Lizzie found 2 of the bodies in the garden, was funny when Bridges came to her, and Lizzie said its a body, he was really excited and said, no lizzie, its 2 bodies!, definitely a screw loose there :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 709
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I can't believe i have only recently found and started watching PCBH, absolutely loving it, just up to episode 55. My favourite character so far is lizzie!!
  • Options
    woot_whoowoot_whoo Posts: 18,030
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Grouty wrote: »
    They were great episodes those. :)

I was right about that Mr Bridges, bumping the women off, i just had a feeling, and then in 414 which i watched last night, he was supposed to be getting Sonia out, but she was late getting to him, as the Freak was on her, so that Randy Goodlove went instead, as she bumped into him, and i knew as soon as he opened the door and she walked through smiling, she was a gonner :D

Then when doing the search for her, he said to Mrs Powell that he would check the boiler room for her, and thats where you saw Goodlove, dead as a door nail, up on top of the boiler, thats 3x hes done in so far :p

One of the great Prisoner plot holes: Randi's body is never found or mentioned again on screen, so presumably it was rotting there for the rest of the series!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    woot_whoo wrote: »
    One of the great Prisoner plot holes: Randi's body is never found or mentioned again on screen, so presumably it was rotting there for the rest of the series!

Bet she was glad to get the end, she'd have been stiff as a baord being stuck there for another 200+ episodes :p
  • Options
    CupidStunt2010CupidStunt2010 Posts: 803
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Bugger me gently! :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    bailey8 wrote: »
    I can't believe i have only recently found and started watching PCBH, absolutely loving it, just up to episode 55. My favourite character so far is lizzie!!
    Bugger me gently! :D

"Yer blood's worth bottlin'!" :D

Lizzie's just brilliant, isn't she? She'd make an elephant laugh. I posted this link earlier in the thread but here it is again as it deserves a second mention - Lizzie's greatest hits! :D

Can't wait to get up to those David Bridges episodes :eek: but even with back to back watching all weekend I'm still a while off yet! :p:)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Think ive just seen Lizzies final episode, and if so, it was absolutely terrible, im very disappointed if that is how she finished.

After finding the bodies outside, and Bridges going to kill her, she had a Heart Attack and was taken to Hosp., then in her final episode, Judy, Pixe and Cass are taken to see her, she has a moment with Judy, where she says she saw Hazel, Maxie etc..., and they asked what she was doing there, and to bugger off, after that its back to Wentworth, then after a bit of being back at the prison, it goes back to Lizzie at the Hosp., and her son Arthur is with her, he just says she'll be home soon, she goes on about seeing her mates, he says about her still seeing them, which makes her happy, and thats it, back to Wentworth, and that was the last of Lizzie.

Next episode, the mug shots have changed again, no Lizzie now, and during the episode, an officer comes in with a big food parcel, and they say its from Lizzie for the women, so im assuming she is gone now, and if so, terrible, i thought you would have at least seen her back, getting a send off from the women in the rec room or something, and with it being her last episode, had like the piano prisoner tune, and them showing clips of her up to her antics, with Bea Doreen etc...., but no, looks like she finished like that in the Hosp. :(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Awww, makes me sad thinking about Lizzie's last episode even though I originally saw it ages ago. I thought at the time that the writers could have given her a decent sendoff. As Grouty said, a party in the rec room would have been a fitting goodbye. Love Lizzie. :cry:

I'm now up to where Erica's snooty battleaxe mum has died, and in true Erica form she's back in work without shedding a tear or a hair out of place. Talk about cool, calm and collected. :p

And that Terry is a crooked one-Vera bending the rules to cover for him?! Must be love. :D
  • Options
    stud u likestud u like Posts: 42,100
    Forum Member
    Black gloves choking Penny Seymour.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,910
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm in the 600's atm, Maxwell, Connors, Ferguson and Reynolds are the stand out characters in this era.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Awww, makes me sad thinking about Lizzie's last episode even though I originally saw it ages ago. I thought at the time that the writers could have given her a decent sendoff. As Grouty said, a party in the rec room would have been a fitting goodbye. Love Lizzie. :cry:

I'm now up to where Erica's snooty battleaxe mum has died, and in true Erica form she's back in work without shedding a tear or a hair out of place. Talk about cool, calm and collected. :p

And that Terry is a crooked one-Vera bending the rules to cover for him?! Must be love. :D

Yeah that would have been more fitting, for such a legend as Lizzie, it all seemed rushed to me, bloke turns up says hes her son Arthur, and its all taken for granted by everyone that he is, then next thing you know, hes getting her to live with her and his family, and shes out.

Couple of episodes after that, Judy is given the job of packing Lizzies things up, where she reminisces, she picks up Sids photograph, and you see a clip of Lizze in the Laundry on about getting spliced at her age, then she says 'anyone touches my stuff....', and Judy turns round thinking shes there, then she says silly old bugger :p

Im now onto where the Freak is Gov (as Reynolds is in hospital after having a breast removed for cancer), and Ericas back as a Dept. observer, because Mrs Morris sent a report into them about what Joans up to, and Helen Smarts back :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Good episodes last night (433/434), Poor Colleen, husband and kids blown up in a car bomb mean't for Manning. :(

Reminded me of when Fletchers wife and kids got blown up by that parcel bomb off Jeff Butler.

Had to laugh when they all scarpered off the Bus going back from the Glee competition, was like a comedy with Judy trying to stop them all, Reb away in a car, Bobbie doing a runner with Minnie going after her to bring her back, then Phylis taking Megs gun, and taking the bus drivers little girl hostage, with Cass going after her to get her back. :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Awww, Lizzie's lost her Sid :cry:, and the legendary Vinegar's away to Barnhurst!

Inspector Grace has featured quite a bit in the episodes I've been watching (200s) and the more I watch him the more I think the writers of Life on Mars and Ashes to Ashes were PCBH fans on the quiet. There's a bit of him in Gene Hunt if you ask me-not just Jack Regan. :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,138
    Forum Member
    last night ep for me was Lizzie's day out, courtesy of the stolen visitors pass and the rest of them were doing up the 'love shack'. Bea's back to being a complete selfish bitch again since Ken Pearce's visits have been granted, so I guess we'll see the 'gurning like a loon' Ken back any day now. :mad:
  • Options
    will2510will2510 Posts: 1,098
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh good. Post will be delivering volume 16 to me tomorrow. Picking it up from episode 481 :D
  • Options
    Sunny BSunny B Posts: 7,359
    Forum Member
    Does anyone own the rights to these in the UK? What are the chances of CBS Drama showing them?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Awww, Lizzie's lost her Sid :cry:, and the legendary Vinegar's away to Barnhurst!

Inspector Grace has featured quite a bit in the episodes I've been watching (200s) and the more I watch him the more I think the writers of Life on Mars and Ashes to Ashes were PCBH fans on the quiet. There's a bit of him in Gene Hunt if you ask me-not just Jack Regan. :D

Was sad when Sid died, i had a feeling he was going to die then on the couch, i liked him :(
    lil lexie wrote: »
    last night ep for me was Lizzie's day out, courtesy of the stolen visitors pass and the rest of them were doing up the 'love shack'. Bea's back to being a complete selfish bitch again since Ken Pearce's visits have been granted, so I guess we'll see the 'gurning like a loon' Ken back any day now. :mad:

I remember that, was that the time she just strolled out the gates :D

Luckily Kens not in it that long, so doesn't gurn for long :p
    will2510 wrote: »
    Oh good. Post will be delivering volume 16 to me tomorrow. Picking it up from episode 481 :D

Still a bit to go :D
    Sunny B wrote: »
    Does anyone own the rights to these in the UK? What are the chances of CBS Drama showing them?

I don't know, it would be good if they showed it all again on the Tv, as i bet it would still get some decent ratings, think the last time it was shown here, was when Channel 5 started, as they started showing it every morning at about 6am or something. :p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Doreens back! :D

Shame shes not in it long though :(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just remembered about Pixe, shes been gone a bit, i wonder if she eventually comes back, as while out on work release, an old flame said that hed been to see Reynolds, and she'd been released, so they were going off to get married :p
  • Options
    Paul1511Paul1511 Posts: 11,584
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Doreens back! :D

Shame shes not in it long though :(

God awful character, should have killed her off long before she finally left.
  • Options
    Paul1511Paul1511 Posts: 11,584
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They were great episodes those. :)

I was right about that Mr Bridges, bumping the women off, i just had a feeling, and then in 414 which i watched last night, he was supposed to be getting Sonia out, but she was late getting to him, as the Freak was on her, so that Randy Goodlove went instead, as she bumped into him, and i knew as soon as he opened the door and she walked through smiling, she was a gonner :D

Then when doing the search for her, he said to Mrs Powell that he would check the boiler room for her, and thats where you saw Goodlove, dead as a door nail, up on top of the boiler, thats 3x hes done in so far :p

Possibly the best episode ever and the one that really got me hooked. I think my first episode was a few before this one (I'v tracked back and think it was 406 or 407), but this chilling cliffhanger was the one that got me hooked.

Mind you this was 20 years ago, it's taken me that long to get around to watching from the start, which I finally started to do last year. I'm up to Episode 286 now, the next episode being the arrival of The Freak.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yay! Sandy Edwards and Kate Peterson's first appearances in the last episode I watched.

Those two were great characters. Kate's very genteel and sedate at the moment-can't wait until she eventually shows her psycho colours! :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    And now poor old Lizzie's being terrorised in Sid's house with the phone going at all hours, etc. Sid's son Gordon is a nasty piece of work and no mistake, but I still think of him as the pervy hotel manager from some of the very early episodes where he pestered Marilyn Mason. :p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    And now poor old Lizzie's being terrorised in Sid's house with the phone going at all hours, etc. Sid's son Gordon is a nasty piece of work and no mistake, but I still think of him as the pervy hotel manager from some of the very early episodes where he pestered Marilyn Mason. :p

I thought id seen him before, just couldn't think where, so thanks :D
    Paul1511 wrote: »
    I'm up to Episode 286 now, the next episode being the arrival of The Freak.

I didn't know the Freak came into it that early, i thought it was much later than that :p
    Yay! Sandy Edwards and Kate Peterson's first appearances in the last episode I watched.

Those two were great characters. Kate's very genteel and sedate at the moment-can't wait until she eventually shows her psycho colours! :D

Its great when she changes, turns into a right nut-job :eek: