Options

Apple have made a huge mistake !!!

Comments

• Options
    DejaVoodooDejaVoodoo Posts: 5,764
    Forum Member
    Dai13371 wrote: »
    Thinner don't forget. The 5 is now the world's thinnest phone. Break out the champers.

Isn't that the thinnest phone Apple have ever made rather than the thinnest phone ever?
  • Options
    alan1302alan1302 Posts: 6,336
    Forum Member
    swordman wrote: »
    It so sounded like they invented that screen but .........
    :eek: you saying apple talk rubbish you better give your turtle neck back your not fit to wear it.

I've not mentioned Apple - I said the poster was talking rubbish.

I don't have a turtle neck to give back
  • Options
    Forum Member
    swordman wrote: »
    No its just apple believe me :D

No - all companies come in for flack - the bigger they are the more they seem to get.
  • Options
    flagpoleflagpole Posts: 44,641
    Forum Member
    alan1302 wrote: »
    No - all companies come in for flack - the bigger they are the more they seem to get.

Apple are some what controlling, sharp practice is second nature. It's very easy to dislike them.

It's not just apple's size or success. It's their nature. I think you know this.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    flagpole wrote: »
    Apple are some what controlling, sharp practice is second nature. It's very easy to dislike them.

It's not just apple's size or success. It's their nature. I think you know this.

I honestly don't think they are any different from any other large multinational company.
  • Options
    zz9zz9 Posts: 10,767
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thine Wonk wrote: »
    You do talk rubbish, Apple doesn't make the screens or a lot of the components.

Where you get the idea that the 3.5" screen was the only size available I have no clue, must have just been made up in your head!

I think he was actually mocking Apple there. The way they always announce some amazing new innovation that's actually been on other phones for a year or so.
  • Options
    swordmanswordman Posts: 6,679
    Forum Member

No again just apple you'll find
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 385
    Forum Member
    It makes me laugh they way they presented the iPhone, they really emphasised on the dimensions like they actually invented it :D
  • Options
    m4tt24m4tt24 Posts: 843
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Looks like they have found the ideal grip width so if they keep the phone the same width but add a little in length each year they can keep adding more exciting tiles.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=31520530&postcount=325
  • Options
    zz9zz9 Posts: 10,767
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I honestly don't think they are any different from any other large multinational company.

Google and HTC don't make me pay for a ringtone when I already have the song on my phone.
  • Options
    niceguy1966niceguy1966 Posts: 29,560
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    steviedab wrote: »
    It makes me laugh they way they presented the iPhone, they really emphasised on the dimensions like they actually invented it :D

I'm sure they have taken out a patent on the dimensions by now.
  • Options
    beecartbeecart Posts: 545
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ... And it wont received 4G LTE on 800/2600mhz :((
  • Options
    springyspringy Posts: 363
    Forum Member
    Guys seriously... You need to try a bigger screen. When I got my first android phone it was a 4.3 inch, and I was thinking it will be too big... but once you use a bigger screen for a period of time you wonder why you have not been using it for ages.

Apple realise this and it is good that they have finally adopted a bigger screen. If you are scared and the screen will be too uncomfortable... you won't be. Try it out in the apple store and once you use it you won't go back.

For me, 4 inch is too small... At least a 4.7 is needed.

The problem with the 4 inch screen is the apps.. You guys are going to get a lot of black bars everywhere :). Too bad they don't adopt the same approach as android in app development...
  • Options
    welwynrosewelwynrose Posts: 33,666
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    zz9 wrote: »
    Google and HTC don't make me pay for a ringtone when I already have the song on my phone.

You don't need to do that with an iphone either I never have
  • Options
    Dan SetteDan Sette Posts: 5,816
    Forum Member
    soran wrote: »
    Ahhh but you are forgetting that 99% of the apps will run with a black bar top and bottom, thus still making it a 3.5" screen :D;)

And your point is?

So did the BBC in the early days of 16.9.

Mind you, look at the complaints they still get over widescreen programmes.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    DejaVoodoo wrote: »
    Isn't that the thinnest phone Apple have ever made rather than the thinnest phone ever?

As I understand it, it is the thinest smartphone ever.

There is one that is mostly thinner - apart from one bit that is wider ;-)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    steviedab wrote: »

Oh come on. There's criticism and just sniping.

Fair criticism of the iPhone is OK - after all it has faults.

But criticising Apple for using hyperbole and superlatives at a press launch is going a bit far.

No-one expected then to say, "OK, here it is, it's a bit sh!t and we've run out of ideas" **

Any more than a film-maker will say his latest film is a bit rubbish - it's always the best thing he's done - till the next one - or he retires.

** Though I would have been more impressed if they did.
  • Options
    CuBz90CuBz90 Posts: 4,013
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why do many iPhone users think they are rich because they purchase an iPhone, and Android users are poor because they didn't. Shut up being so stupid.

All Android phones I've owned were the same price or near enough as the iPhone at the time of purchase. It has nothing to do with what I can afford, it's to do with what I prefer, and I prefer Android, that doesn't make me poor so stop making out like you're part of a big special rich clan.
  • Options
    Step666Step666 Posts: 1,284
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dan Sette wrote: »
    As I understand it, it is the thinest smartphone ever.

There is one that is mostly thinner - apart from one bit that is wider ;-)
    You're thinking of some of the Motorola RAZR models.
    There's actually something like half a dozen Android handsets that are thinner than the iPhone5, a number of which don't have thicker bits.

So it's not the thinnest smartphone, no matter how you measure it.
  • Options
    alanwarwicalanwarwic Posts: 28,396
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    m4tt24 wrote: »
    Looks like they have found the ideal grip width
    Male or female grip width?

What a load of codswallop.
    In a few years time we will all be laughing at the stuff written.
  • Options
    muntamunta Posts: 18,285
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Step666 wrote: »
    You're thinking of some of the Motorola RAZR models.
    There's actually something like half a dozen Android handsets that are thinner than the iPhone5, a number of which don't have thicker bits.

So it's not the thinnest smartphone, no matter how you measure it.

The phones I have seen are all thicker at the camera. Perhaps you can find one that isn't and educate us all.
  • Options
    Step666Step666 Posts: 1,284
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    munta wrote: »
    Ok - Can't argue with that. :)
    I'm mobile just now so it's a faff to dig through all the specs but I suspect that even if it isn't quite the thinnest, the iPhone will be far better-specced than the handsets that are thinner than it.
    So it's still pretty remarkable, it's just not correct for Apple to claim it's the very thinnest.
  • Options
    seelleeseellee Posts: 10,725
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    skunkboy69 wrote: »
    I belittle Apple because I owned an Iphone and found it totally wank and over priced.After playing with the new one today I'm even more convinced of my stance.Fools and their money are soon parted.Which,to be fair,I find amusing.

If you found the iPhone totally wank. Why on earth would you be bothering to play with the new one? You also say you are now convinced of your stance. Are you trying to justify not getting an iPhone to yourself? Sounds very insecure to me.

There ain't half some tripe spouted on this forum from all sides. Grown adults trying to belittle other peoples brands and choices. Pathetic!

I'm an Apple user and I think that androids are great, I just prefer the iPhone. Competition is great for all smartphone users.