Options

Emmerdale - Past and Present (Part 6)

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,509
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Like the factory staff! They'd kill for some much needed and much deserved time off instead of working all the hours that god sends! They get treated like slaves up there! :cool:

Quoted for truth.

They never get any time off, no proper lunchbreaks- they never even get a cup of tea- it's shocking how those evil Sharmas brothers are exploiting them- Nikhil will be making them join a factory running club next:cool:

And what happens when they find themselves in difficulty, when they wreck an order cause they can't read and lied about it, or they need time off to not visit their ill husband in the loonie bin; or they need to spend some quality time with their lover Marlon- where's the support for them then:mad:

They need to strike again- they had such great reasons for the last strike and I don't think their working conditions have improved one little bit
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 67,320
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Nikhil will be making them join a factory running club next:cool:

Can you just imagine Lisa and Lizzie trying to keep up with Nikhil out on a run! :D:D:D
  • Options
    dobby's bludgerdobby's bludger Posts: 1,552
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Can you just imagine Lisa and Lizzie trying to keep up with Nikhil out on a run! :D:D:D
    he he
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,509
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

No, but It's a scene I'd like to see:D
  • Options
    OldnjadedOldnjaded Posts: 89,126
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    kwynne42 wrote: »
    Analysis of Emmerdale Characters sponsored by the company that makes the Gormless Moron's Pitymeometre.

1) The Gormless Moron thought he was vile and disgusting last week so in this ep he was even more vile and disgusting than ever, his whining and self pity reached whole new levels and broke his Pitymeometre scale measuring machine which his kind of Ironinc given who is sponsoring this analysis.

Meanwhile everyone did we know the Moron can read let alone read a law book, after all he's more used to the pretty pictures in cookery books.

2)Loopy Laurel, while Moron was being vile and disguting loopy was almost breaking the scale on the i'matotalhypocriticalbitch scale, what a hideous woman she is.

3) Paddy If your going to NZ go and stay there forever, as if everything that has happened you would even want to come back and live in the same village as the beast and the harridan

4) Rachel is likely to last 12 hours in her posh flat get bored and be back in the village by nightfall, wealth is not for you Rachel, well not until you learn to dress yourself, goodness knows what your child will be allowed to wear growing up.

5) Ali, Ali dear I award you with the please shut up prize of the week.

6) Rodney - Driving badly is indeed a reason to sack you especialliy when you are already on a formal warning.

7) Charity - in fine manipulative form.

8) Jimmy terrible boss useless in a crisis.

9) Carl is being delightfully nasty to everyone in sight.

10) Edna - Everyone else in the village would be delighted with a weeks holiday, when they are doing any work that is.

Bib 1 - ROFL! :D:D:D
    Bib 2 - Ditto :D:D:D
  • Options
    OldnjadedOldnjaded Posts: 89,126
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Quoted for truth.

They never get any time off, no proper lunchbreaks- they never even get a cup of tea- it's shocking how those evil Sharmas brothers are exploiting them- Nikhil will be making them join a factory running club next:cool:

And what happens when they find themselves in difficulty, when they wreck an order cause they can't read and lied about it, or they need time off to not visit their ill husband in the loonie bin; or they need to spend some quality time with their lover Marlon- where's the support for them then:mad:

They need to strike again- they had such great reasons for the last strike and I don't think their working conditions have improved one little bit

There's a Union Leader job out there with your name on it, Wildy.

:D:D:D:D
  • Options
    lotty27lotty27 Posts: 17,858
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Quoted for truth.

They never get any time off, no proper lunchbreaks- they never even get a cup of tea- it's shocking how those evil Sharmas brothers are exploiting them- Nikhil will be making them join a factory running club next.

:D:D:D

'Everybody OUT!' :D
    (that's one for the oldies on here? Remember 'The Rag Trade?')

Now THAT is a scene I would almost kill to see :D

I'm finding myself just rolling my eyes and sighing during any Maurel, Paddy scenes nowadays. Aside from shouting at the screen for Maurel to f*** off and never darken my telly again, I feel like I've said it all before and have nothing further to add. It's all just a bit stupid isn't it? Professional, educated people breaking a court order? Don't be ridiculous ED. It's all gone down the OTT route again when it could have actually been a good storyline.

Agree with Kwynne. Ali should have her mouth taped up so she can't inflict that awful 'I'm gonna punch ya lights out ya b'stard!' voice on us.

Someone said Carl was behaving very panto and on relection they're right, subtle ED ain't. Jimmy is trying to tell him what Charity is up to regarding his BUSINESS, his LIVING but he's more concerned with blackmailing Chas and Cameron? *sighs*

Leaving party for Rachel? LEAVING PARTY?! Am I living on a different planet? She's moving to LEEDS FFS not Outer Mongolia :rolleyes: (She's leaving her places of employment, that's it, and let's face it she hasn't worked at those places for very long has she?) Even if she did move (which we all know she won't) she'd be coming back for visits on t'bus. Leeds is not that far away to warrant a leaving party. Idiotic IMO. My God though, I wish someone would give Rachel a make over - she has to have the most horrendous clothes and unflattering hairstyle of any female soap actress, well now that Hev's gone from EE anyway.)

More Marlon gurning - what the hell have I done to deserve this? And what was that walk about when he came through Laurel's door? Like I said on t'daily - he looked like he had piles!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    lotty27 wrote: »
    :Leaving party for Rachel? LEAVING PARTY?! Am I living on a different planet? She's moving to LEEDS FFS not Outer Mongolia :rolleyes: (She's leaving her places of employment, that's it, and let's face it she hasn't worked at those places for very long has she?) Even if she did move (which we all know she won't) she'd be coming back for visits on t'bus. Leeds is not that far away to warrant a leaving party. Idiotic IMO. My God though, I wish someone would give Rachel a make over - she has to have the most horrendous clothes and unflattering hairstyle of any female soap actress, well now that Hev's gone from EE anyway.)

That leaving party was completly bizarre for one reason only! Why on earth was Diane there? I honestly burst out laughing when i saw her there i never knew Diane and Rachel were best buddies all of a sudden!
  • Options
    kwynne42kwynne42 Posts: 75,337
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

'
    Agree with Kwynne. Ali should have her mouth taped up so she can't inflict that awful 'I'm gonna punch ya lights out ya b'stard!' voice on us.

Leaving party for Rachel? LEAVING PARTY?! Am I living on a different planet? She's moving to LEEDS FFS not Outer Mongolia :rolleyes: (She's leaving her places of employment, that's it, and let's face it she hasn't worked at those places for very long has she?) Even if she did move (which we all know she won't) she'd be coming back for visits on t'bus. Leeds is not that far away to warrant a leaving party. Idiotic IMO. My God though, I wish someone would give Rachel a make over - she has to have the most horrendous clothes and unflattering hairstyle of any female soap actress, well now that Hev's gone from EE anyway.)

More Marlon gurning - what the hell have I done to deserve this? And what was that walk about when he came through Laurel's door? Like I said on t'daily - he looked like he had piles!

Ali is still the hatchet faced one indeed

As for Rachels party I did think it a bit strange, of course it depends how far Leeds is from Emmerdale, if its near york its a good hour on the bus, that's like going all the way to New Zealand in a soap where some people never set foot outside their village in their entire lives.

As for her clothes i've been saying for ages that this is the producers idea of what a person from a poor estate dress like, of course in real life even the poorest people have a few nice clothes but try telling them that.

The Hag and the Moron are a complete waste of space.
  • Options
    desperate housedesperate house Posts: 3,176
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wasn't going to comment on last's night's offering of ED, but as it will be my 1,000 post I thought I would share it with you! It's only taken me four years to get to 1,000. How long to the 2,000, if I should live that long.:p

What a load of old cobblers from beginning to end. I looked up from my newspaper and saw, in full HD, on our giant telly, with my new specs, the moron with a face like a bloodhound with a hangover, wittering one minute all pity me, the next snarling that he was going to fix Paddy and Rhona.

Next he walks into Paddy's house without a by your leave, Paddy tries to be fairly nice about that, and big man Moron starts laying down the law. Paddy should have picked him up by the scruff and slung him out the door. Pearl, once again at the root of it, wagging her tongue and speaking out of turn.

I thought that I couldn't hate Maurel any more, but last night did it for me. No more Mr Blackburn, the end of my tether has been reached. Maurel are the angels of innocence and everyone else in t'village of the damned is wrong. In future I shall just read the P&P and ignore the "show" until the Chef and the Shrew are gone or they get their comeuppance.

So that means I will not be watching this pile of horse manure until SB is out and replaced by a producer who knows the show and its roots, and those roots are not "real, or gritty or so, so, so, romantic" It is and always was a rural soap.
  • Options
    dobby's bludgerdobby's bludger Posts: 1,552
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That leaving party was completly bizarre for one reason only! Why on earth was Diane there? I honestly burst out laughing when i saw her there i never knew Diane and Rachel were best buddies all of a sudden!
    maybe she went there to stick her oar in:D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13,572
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    maybe she went there to stick her oar in:D

I suppose it's because Rachel worked or rather hung about in the kitchen of the pub

Congratulation dessie 1 on your 1,000 posts
  • Options
    mr. mustardmr. mustard Posts: 48,888
    Forum Member
    I'm loving the educated insults there Musty! :p:D
    Ta JR :D Nice to see you back in Dallas by the way :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ta JR :D Nice to see you back in Dallas by the way :D

Cheers you can never keep an evil genius down! :D:D:D
  • Options
    DuchessKittyDuchessKitty Posts: 821
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I'm finding myself just rolling my eyes and sighing during any Maurel, Paddy scenes nowadays. Aside from shouting at the screen for Maurel to f*** off and never darken my telly again, I feel like I've said it all before and have nothing further to add. It's all just a bit stupid isn't it? Professional, educated people breaking a court order? Don't be ridiculous ED. It's all gone down the OTT route again when it could have actually been a good storyline.

I'm not the only one who says F*** off Marlon/Laurel every time they appear then? Good to know I'm not alone! :D Marlon and his legal research reminds me of someone I know who tried to lecture a lawyer using an entry printed from wikipedia. (True story believe it or not!) :eek:

Every time I see Ali, I keep thinking about her character in Shameless, and how she was married to Chris Bissom who plays Jai!:) She doesn't seem all that different here really.

Perhaps Rachel could offer Maurel the flat as Leeds is clearly very far from t'village? That would solve all our problems, provided they never return! :D
  • Options
    mr. mustardmr. mustard Posts: 48,888
    Forum Member
    Cheers you can never keep an evil genius down! :D:D:D
    Indeed - even Swellen couldn't do that :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13,572
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If Gennie was that worried why doesn't she have an elected C section?
    I was a little shocked to see Laurel actually at work but haven't got a clue what she was cutting out or what it had to do with sweets, however, yet again Ali wasn't there. I hope Rachel stays in that flat but I know it's not going to happen.:mad: although I had to agree with her about the keys. Maurel rubbish, yuk. I sort of zoned of most of it
  • Options
    AllyLKAllyLK Posts: 951
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I actually enjoy tuning in for any episode where Maurel get a proverbial kicking - based on next week's spoilers looks like little Gabby is going to be on a roll doing the honours :D Can't wait!
  • Options
    DuchessKittyDuchessKitty Posts: 821
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    AllyLK wrote: »
    I actually enjoy tuning in for any episode where Maurel get a proverbial kicking - based on next week's spoilers looks like little Gabby is going to be on a roll doing the honours :D Can't wait!

I am Team Gabby all the way! She's like the voice of all of us here in P and P and I'm loving her resistance to Maurel.
  • Options
    Jimmy SkitzJimmy Skitz Posts: 3,584
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    its quite apt and a not too subtle dig from SB that the person given Laurel the most grief is a bratty child, given some of the comments made in these threads
  • Options
    valtimmyvaltimmy Posts: 7,158
    Forum Member
    I wasn't going to comment on last's night's offering of ED, but as it will be my 1,000 post I thought I would share it with you! It's only taken me four years to get to 1,000. How long to the 2,000, if I should live that long.:p

What a load of old cobblers from beginning to end. I looked up from my newspaper and saw, in full HD, on our giant telly, with my new specs, the moron with a face like a bloodhound with a hangover, wittering one minute all pity me, the next snarling that he was going to fix Paddy and Rhona.

Next he walks into Paddy's house without a by your leave, Paddy tries to be fairly nice about that, and big man Moron starts laying down the law. Paddy should have picked him up by the scruff and slung him out the door. Pearl, once again at the root of it, wagging her tongue and speaking out of turn.

I thought that I couldn't hate Maurel any more, but last night did it for me. No more Mr Blackburn, the end of my tether has been reached. Maurel are the angels of innocence and everyone else in t'village of the damned is wrong. In future I shall just read the P&P and ignore the "show" until the Chef and the Shrew are gone or they get their comeuppance.

So that means I will not be watching this pile of horse manure until SB is out and replaced by a producer who knows the show and its roots, and those roots are not "real, or gritty or so, so, so, romantic" It is and always was a rural soap.

Isn't it 5 years not 4? 2007 to 2012?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 226
    Forum Member
    I'm quite liking Gabby at the moment, I think both the actress who plays her and the boy who plays Arthur are doing a great job. I quite enjoyed the throwaway line the other week about Gabby freaking someone out, I think it was Charity, the girl does good stare :)
  • Options
    Matt35Matt35 Posts: 30,568
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So from last night`s ep i assume paddy is gonna ignore marlon`s threats and go to new zealand and rhona isn`t on her way back?

I think i must be the only one who is on marlon`s side. Paddy and rhona don`t care about anyone but themselves and certanly not a court order. I`ve no idea how or when this storyline will end. i just hope its soon.
  • Options
    Jimmy SkitzJimmy Skitz Posts: 3,584
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Matt35 wrote: »
    So from last night`s ep i assume paddy is gonna ignore marlon`s threats and go to new zealand and rhona isn`t on her way back?

I think i must be the only one who is on marlon`s side. Paddy and rhona don`t care about anyone but themselves and certanly not a court order. I`ve no idea how or when this storyline will end. i just hope its soon.

You are not the only 1 but we are the vast minority on here. With most not caring about facts just hating Marlon
  • Options
    Matt35Matt35 Posts: 30,568
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You are not the only 1 but we are the vast minority on here. With most not caring about facts just hating Marlon

Why let the facts get in the way of they`re hatred of marlon.
    I don`t like the storyline because its completely out of character for all of them. They just wouldn`t do what they`re doing. Who ever thought of this storyline doesn`t have clue what these characters are like and should leave.
This discussion has been closed.