Doctor Who Series 7 Episode 4: The Power of Three- 22/09/12 19.30 BBC1

Comments

• Options
    OhWhenTheSaintsOhWhenTheSaints Posts: 12,531
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    zedders wrote: »
    I thought he looked like the face of Boe

OOOO I know who it is. He reminded me of 'Jonah' from Torchwood after he'd been aged 50 years.
  • Options
    2shy20072shy2007 Posts: 52,579
    Forum Member
    Welsh-lad wrote: »
    Wouldn't all those people who had heart attacks be severely brain damaged after being dead for that long?

Thats what I said, 2 billion brain damaged people, not a great outcome.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 423
    Forum Member
    So have we got a new brig. Reckon we'll see her agian.
  • Options
    GogfumbleGogfumble Posts: 22,155
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Fantastic episode. Everything about it. And it seemed to last for ages too which was really good! Usually the really good episodes seem to finish in a flash, but that was well written and used the time very well in my opinion.

Good stuff!
  • Options
    COMMANDER SMITHCOMMANDER SMITH Posts: 42
    Forum Member
    Lame ending for a funny episode...
  • Options
    DragonicDragonic Posts: 2,146
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Love me a bit of River, and the weeping angels. Looking forward to next weeks.
  • Options
    The Alpha GamerThe Alpha Gamer Posts: 3,122
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I reckon this was the worst ep so far, but it wasn't bad, just average, so that says something good about this series.
  • Options
    CD93CD93 Posts: 13,940
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That was a proper feel-good episode. The quick resolution we were warned about all week didn't bother me at all because the cubes were just a b-story as far as I was concerned.
  • Options
    bb2011fanbb2011fan Posts: 2,687
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That was amazing! Absolutely loved that and i was even moved to tears at one point! Next week is going to be so heartbreaking and final! 10/10 :D

NOTE-i havent been a fan of moffats who but i've loved every episode of series 7! I'm now converted!! Long Life Moff!!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    Good episode, but a rushed ending. Shame.
  • Options
    Welsh-ladWelsh-lad Posts: 51,998
    Forum Member
    .... also it was all resolved with a few flicks of the doctor's screwdriver.

That ship wasn't very well defended was it.
  • Options
    VerenceVerence Posts: 104,626
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    So have we got a new brig. Reckon we'll see her agian.

If science is now in charge of UNIT she's more like a new Liz Shaw :)
  • Options
    Muttley76Muttley76 Posts: 97,888
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought this was a really lovely story that effectively was nothing whatsoever to do with an alien invasion and everything to do with the relationship between the lead cast, and indeed the relationship between The Doctor and those that he has lost in the past.

Sure the alien threat was dismissed far to easily, and the bad guy was a bit of poor impression of the emperor from star wars, but much like the chicken monster in Vincent and the Doctor, it really mattered very little.

I thought Kate Stewart was a marvellous new character, and Brian I thought was really great this week also, but mostly I was so so impressed by Matt, Karen and Arthur tonight. Next week is going to be very tough.

8/10
  • Options
    dodradedodrade Posts: 24,130
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well that was a bit of an anti-climax, unless Berkoff is back later in the series.
  • Options
    So 3008So 3008 Posts: 2,052
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Was it actually explained why the hoover faced aliens were kidnapping people like Rory's dad?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Welsh-lad wrote: »
    .... also it was all resolved with a few flicks of the doctor's screwdriver.

That ship wasn't very well defended was it.

Yet another rushed ending that made no sense. Its a shame, it could have been a really good episode but so many things were overlooked.if 2 billion( one third) of the population had been wiped out, the Doctor would have been beside himself, but it didint seem to bother him.
  • Options
    darrenh2011darrenh2011 Posts: 2,608
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
  • Options
    spiderbootsspiderboots Posts: 235
    Forum Member
    Loved it. Am really looking forward to next week :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    So 3008 wrote: »
    Was it actually explained why the hoover faced aliens were kidnapping people like Rory's dad?

Nope, dont think so,lots of it made no sense.
  • Options
    Ed SizzersEd Sizzers Posts: 2,671
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    2shy2007 wrote: »
    Nope, dont think so,lots of it made no sense.
    ...to you.
  • Options
    TheSilentFezTheSilentFez Posts: 11,107
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I expected more from this episode, but I don't think it was too bad. A bit slow getting to the point and a bit rushed to finish off with, but it was nice learning about Amy and Rory's lives, there were plenty of funny moments and I really liked the idea of the "Pest Controllers of Time" (whatever they were called). It was just a shame that the ending was a bit rushed.
    It felt a bit like Closing Time for me. Not too bad a story and funny, but a bit slow.

Roll on next week which will almost certainly be fantastic.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    Ed Sizzers wrote: »
    ...to you.

Or me actually. I enjoyed the ep but I can't think what that was all about. Care to explain?
  • Options
    SillyBillyGoatSillyBillyGoat Posts: 22,266
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Decent episode, not mindblowing but it was only meant as a bit of filler anyway. Kate Stewart was great. :)

Looking forward to next week so much!
  • Options
    SeventeenSeventeen Posts: 435
    Forum Member
    The hologram guy deserved more screen time, he was great.

Yeah that plot resolution was super lazy. But overall a pretty good episode!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Ed Sizzers wrote: »
    ...to you.

So how did the 2 billion not have massive brain damage? and why were the hoover faces collecting odd people? and how did a flick of the sonic bring them all back to life then?