Options

World Wrestling Entertainment Discussion XXV (Spoilers)

Comments

• Options
    SteelEdgeSteelEdge Posts: 6,904
    Forum Member
    I presume some other company will take over Silver Vision's role in distributing WWE DVD's in the UK.

I'm really going to miss Silvervision. Their prices were very reasonable and delivery was very quick. I hope prices don't rise too much next year.

I presume that old WWE DVD's will still be on sale everywhere, but there won't be any new titles available until a new license is sorted out.
  • Options
    steven1977steven1977 Posts: 3,968
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    SteelEdge wrote: »
    Really? I don't see it. I haven't seen any of his work as Chris Hero, but I can't really get into him.

Chris Hero is a nasty piece of work especially when you see that match were he basically attacked a fan at ringside that wasent a plant in the audience.
  • Options
    steven1977steven1977 Posts: 3,968
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I presume some other company will take over Silver Vision's role in distributing WWE DVD's in the UK.

I'm really going to miss Silvervision. Their prices were very reasonable and delivery was very quick. I hope prices don't rise too much next year.

As i understand it WWE will be taking full role of selling the DVDs now.
  • Options
    SteelEdgeSteelEdge Posts: 6,904
    Forum Member
    steven1977 wrote: »
    As i understand it WWE will be taking full role of selling the DVDs now.

Oh hooray, inflated prices! I'd rather wait 6 months and get them cheaper off eBay or 2nd hand in CEX.
  • Options
    DANCE OF DEATHDANCE OF DEATH Posts: 4,781
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Beth Phoenix has given her notice and will be leaving the WWE next month.

Full Story here.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,505
    Forum Member
    Shame about Beth. Kind of glad she won't be treated like she is anymore though.

Wow!! Liz Fenix is in the impact zone......?

Awesome SD this week, best for ages, Team Friendship is GOLD :D
  • Options
    Harris_07Harris_07 Posts: 27,986
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Loving Kane and Daniel Bryan!
    Been a long time since something in WWE was genuinely entertaining.
  • Options
    WillbertWillbert Posts: 1,090
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Kane and Bryan stuff is the first thing in a very very long time in the WWE that has actually made me genuinely laugh. It's also great to see the tag titles being used well.

I have no doubts this will all end terribly however, but it's been fun recently.
  • Options
    vampirekvampirek Posts: 4,022
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Willbert wrote: »
    The Kane and Bryan stuff is the first thing in a very very long time in the WWE that has actually made me genuinely laugh. It's also great to see the tag titles being used well.

I have no doubts this will all end terribly however, but it's been fun recently.

Yep nothing like a good old fashioned comedy tag team.

Of course it'll end badly and if the shows for the upcoming UK tour are anything to go by, then it will happen very shortly.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 553
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Impact has lost quite a few women recently, so there probably really is an opening there...
  • Options
    batdude_uk1batdude_uk1 Posts: 78,722
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Does anyone know what is happening with Khama? I have forgotten what the latest is with her, is she still with the WWE?
  • Options
    OminousGloryOminousGlory Posts: 5,019
    Forum Member

Awesome SD this week, best for ages, Team Friendship is GOLD :D

She owns the rights to her name, so if she did turn up in TNA she could be called Beth Phoenix, much like CM Punk could be called CM Punk if he ever left.
  • Options
    richie4evarichie4eva Posts: 217,945
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Does anyone know what is happening with Khama? I have forgotten what the latest is with her, is she still with the WWE?

She got released unfortunately
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,679
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Beth Phoenix has given her notice and will be leaving the WWE next month.

Full Story here.

They seem to be running down the Divas division the last year or so, the ditching of the Bellas, Gail Kim etc there are far fewer women and ditching the Womens Championship title, seems likely never again will we see a divas match headlining which is sad.

Still as a big fan of Beth Phoenix im happy and hoping to seeing her actually wrestle again instead of this watered down 30 second PG crap we get nowadays.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,505
    Forum Member
    She owns the rights to her name, so if she did turn up in TNA she could be called Beth Phoenix, much like CM Punk could be called CM Punk if he ever left.

Ah, good for Beth. I take it her 'Glamazon' name also comes under the same deal? Would love to see her take on the Knockouts Division :)
  • Options
    richie4evarichie4eva Posts: 217,945
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kharma‏@Kharma

I must do some investigating when I touch down. Because if a particular rumor is true, I will lose my ��. #DreamMatch
  • Options
    DanielFDanielF Posts: 2,006
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ... which would suggest Karma was back with WWE? If not, surely it would mean her "dream match" would be more likely?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,055
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Best Smackdown Ever!
  • Options
    KieranDSKieranDS Posts: 16,545
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I love Damien Sandow and his promo's....I learn a new word every time he speaks :p
  • Options
    gothergother Posts: 14,706
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    KieranDS wrote: »
    I love Damien Sandow and his promo's....I learn a new word every time he speaks :p

I can see him doing what Matt Striker used to do have a blackboard in the ring and be a teacher lol.
  • Options
    COTTONHEATCOTTONHEAT Posts: 12,104
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Who would you like to see & hear alongside Michael Cole on Raw monday night ?
  • Options
    Steveaustin316Steveaustin316 Posts: 15,779
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    COTTONHEAT wrote: »

I'd love it to be Jesse Ventura. Don't see it happening though.
  • Options
    vampirekvampirek Posts: 4,022
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    COTTONHEAT wrote: »

Wouldn't mind seeing Cole and Vince, however they have plenty of options with JR, JBL (when available), Regal and Mathews for this never to happen. Although with Cena injured, the opening is there to use him in that capacity for the first hour of Raw or something like that (which would go down well...)
  • Options
    QWERTYOPQWERTYOP Posts: 6,878
    Forum Member
    I'm in the minority it seems, but I can't be doing with the team friendship thing.

Daniel Bryan is an amazing technical wrestler, and they've got him doing some Santino style comedy stuff, and Kane (IMO) is at his best when he's a genuine evil monster setting people on fire and making small children cry.
  • Options
    ags_ruleags_rule Posts: 19,561
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    QWERTYOP wrote: »
    I'm in the minority it seems, but I can't be doing with the team friendship thing.

Daniel Bryan is an amazing technical wrestler, and they've got him doing some Santino style comedy stuff, and Kane (IMO) is at his best when he's a genuine evil monster setting people on fire and making small children cry.

But I think that's why it's so effective, from Kane's perspective anyway. He's being forced to be something he isn't - that's why the anger management skit was genius, because you've got this absolute freak of a human being just cast into a setting he is totally uncomfortable with. Now he's being forced to work in a team with someone who clearly annoys the living daylights out of him :D

Really, the Kane "monster" angle has been overdone so many times, and WWE have continually dropped the ball with it. His initial run after losing his mask was one of the best angles of the last decade IMO, but then that all went down the shitter by involving him in marriage angles with Edge.
This discussion has been closed.