Options

What kind of idiot teacher runs off to France with a 15 year old student...

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 202
    Forum Member
    proviso wrote: »
    bahahahahah so the wrongdoing here is to her parents? And to his employers? And because of his defective moral choices?

You see, you're just proving my point. You're more concerned with him than with what is in the girl's best interests. As for her parents, she does not belong to them. What matters is what's in her best interests, not what they want. If she wants to go off with thsi guy, that is a very important consideration in deciding what her best interests are.

This kind of post is exactly the attitude that frightens me. I find it alarming that so many posts here are of this "she wants it, what's wrong with that?" tone. I don't know how old the majority of posters here are, but I really hope you aren't grown adults and you're not working around teenagers.
    Having been a 15-year-old girl I can assure you that what a girl wants at that age is in no way a sign of how well she can handle it if she gets it, and how badly she can be affected by those decisions. It is the job of adults to recognise that and protect children from themselves.

People keep saying "would you be as outraged if he was a 15 year old boy?" No, of course we wouldn't. A 15-year-old is as young, foolish and vulnerable as a 15-year-old girl. There is no-one in a relationship like that who ought to know better.

Whether this man is very stupid, slightly insane or a predatory sex pest remains to be seen and I cannot offer any opinion of what his motivations are, but in no way does he have this girl's best interests at heart if he embarks on a stunt like this.
  • Options
    treefr0gtreefr0g Posts: 23,728
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They bonded on a school trip to America seemingly.
    Hold the f*** up, a school trip to America ??

That's some trip , we only got to go the local manky Safari Park.

lol :D
  • Options
    LazerliteLazerlite Posts: 1,038
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Haha, tell me about it, I was lucky enough to go to Alton Towers for the day!

Having myself done some training in schools, there's so many facilities out there for them from laptops to gyms - teachers too being rewarded, yet we still get this.
  • Options
    zx50zx50 Posts: 91,299
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Electra wrote: »
    What if he won't let her bail out? I'm already worried that she hasn't made contact since texting her friend. What if he caught her doing it & became angry. She may already want to come home but can't.

Yeah. He might very well have pressured/persuaded her to just cut off contact, because contacting relatives would allow the police to trace their signal if using a mobile. Even if using a landline phonebox, he'll know that her parents could eventually persuade her to come back. I'm guessing it's mostly about fear for him now.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 36,630
    Forum Member
    dander wrote: »
    This kind of post is exactly the attitude that frightens me. I find it alarming that so many posts here are of this "she wants it, what's wrong with that?" tone. I don't know how old the majority of posters here are, but I really hope you aren't grown adults and you're not working around teenagers.
    Having been a 15-year-old girl I can assure you that what a girl wants at that age is in no way a sign of how well she can handle it if she gets it, and how badly she can be affected by those decisions. It is the job of adults to recognise that and protect children from themselves.

People keep saying "would you be as outraged if he was a 15 year old boy?" No, of course we wouldn't. A 15-year-old is as young, foolish and vulnerable as a 15-year-old girl. There is no-one in a relationship like that who ought to know better.

Whether this man is very stupid, slightly insane or a predatory sex pest remains to be seen and I cannot offer any opinion of what his motivations are, but in no way does he have this girl's best interests at heart if he embarks on a stunt like this.

It's almost as if you haven't bothered to read any of the thread, especially the last 20 or so pages.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,830
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He might dump her when she turns 16, if the attraction for him is that she is underage.
  • Options
    missymorganmissymorgan Posts: 581
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm not usually one for condemning the normal speculation in threads like these, but there is an increasing sense in this thread that people are waiting for the 'dramatic' outcome like it's an episode of Waterloo Road!
    Alexis07 wrote: »
    Given that they simply can't remain unnoticed for too long and given the trouble he's going to be in on his return , I don't see this ending well.

Whoosh!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Deleted - not worth it
  • Options
    Forum Member
    It's almost as if you haven't bothered to read any of the thread, especially the last 20 or so pages.

In what way is posting a direct comment about a specific post in the last two pages as though I haven't read the thread? Or are you just being randomly abusive because you don't like people having opinions that differ from yours?
  • Options
    vosnevosne Posts: 14,131
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Thank yourself lucky you've not eloped with a chimp.
  • Options
    Star_BrightStar_Bright Posts: 11,341
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    bbnutnut wrote: »
    He performs under the name Jeremy Ayre. Here he is on youtube singing his own composition My Little Emo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4u6A1SYeqeY

LOL!!!!! Probably about a pupil.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    In what way is posting a direct comment about a specific post in the last two pages as though I haven't read the thread? Or are you just being randomly abusive because you don't like people having opinions that differ from yours?

Because we've been over all of that already, a few times.

And would you care to explain how you arrive at the conclusion I don't like anyone having a different opinion, in fact explain how on earth, on a public forum, I nor anyone else can stop you posting your opinions. But if you do post your opinions, you do know you will have those opinions challenged by someone. That is, after all, how debate and discussion on a public forum works.

And it seems to be you that doesn't like people disagreeing, especially with comments like this:
    I don't know how old the majority of posters here are, but I really hope you aren't grown adults and you're not working around teenagers.

You are doing the same thing others tried to do many, many pages ago. Insinuating that those who don't agree with you are somehow a danger to children or teenagers. That's a classic case of trying to stifle debate, by making completely inappropriate and unfounded snide allegations.

By all means disagree, but don't include such snide and nasty inferences.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Perhaps because there have been very few 'she wants it so whats wrong with that' type posts. Some people have questioned the age of consent and other areas of discussion but there have been very few posters that haven't condemned the teacher in this case.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,313
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think the issue of age of consent has nothing at all to do with this story. It's about an abuse of power, a teacher and a pupil. I can't even begin to imagine what on earth he was thinking. Of course, it's all going to be very romantic and evidence of their love to her. It's going to wind up no more than a big pain in the arse for him. Seriously, people talk about maturity, it seems lacking in both of them!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,799
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    proviso wrote: »
    Nonsense. 16 was brought in to preserve the purity (their marriageable value) of young girls.

Notice that the age of marriage remained 12 until 1929. It wasn't about protecting girls from being exploited, it was about stopping them being defiled...
    I don't believe so. I'm sure it was one of those idealistic social campaigns. It was to give more girls the opportunity of an education by stopping their families putting them into prostitution from 12 and into other work from any age, and to save them from the main hazards of those activities; alcoholism and syphilis, also early onset of physical infirmity. The people mainly affected by it didn't have much of an idealised view of female 'purity' and it wouldn't have meant anything, though maybe among campaigners there was some idea of the purity of the young.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Wasn't there a case a few years ago when a policeman ran off with a fifteen-year-old girl ?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,376
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Whoosh!

and your point is ?

I'm simply sharing my concerns in a forum .
  • Options
    swehsweh Posts: 13,665
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    and your point is ?

That you missed her point.
  • Options
    Star_BrightStar_Bright Posts: 11,341
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    vosne wrote: »
    Thank yourself lucky you've not eloped with a chimp.

Chimps are more attractive.

This guy looks like a right doughnut. How anyone could find him attractive is beyond me.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    and your point is ?

Having just said people are treating this like a storyline you are then conjecturing about it not ending well.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Perhaps because there have been very few 'she wants it so whats wrong with that' type posts. Some people have questioned the age of consent and other areas of discussion but there have been very few posters that haven't condemned the teacher in this case.

Indeed.
    It's the snide insinuations that anyone with differing opinions, or who is actually getting involved in the various debates and discussions, is somehow a paedophile or a danger to children or teenagers, that I find quite objectionable. I thought we'd got past all of that nonsense several pages ago. It's exactly those type of allegations and insinuations that are used to try and stifle debate "if you don't agree with me you must be a supporter of paedophiles" type of argument, unfortunately we see it all the time on DS.
  • Options
    vosnevosne Posts: 14,131
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Chimps are more attractive.

This guy looks like a right doughnut. How anyone could find him attractive is beyond me.

*...steers thread frantically in a bestial direction*

Even I never saw that one coming.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    You are doing the same thing others tried to do many, many pages ago. Insinuating that those who don't agree with you are somehow a danger to children or teenagers. That's a classic case of trying to stifle debate, by making completely inappropriate and unfounded snide allegations.

No, I am not making snide insinuations, I am out and out stating that if someone thinks, and I quote from the post I directly responded to, "What counts is whether this young girl... is actually being harmed at all by all of this. I'm not convinced she is, or that if she is, that the harm is any more than is involved in the sort of relationship any average 15 year old would be involved in with a boy her age." they have, at best, a lack of judgement and I would not want someone like that in a position of trust.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    vosne wrote: »
    *...steers thread frantically in a bestial direction*

Even I never saw that one coming.

:eek::eek: Did they have a pet dog?.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The age difference is the problem.