Options

Jimmy Saville to be revealed as a paedophile?

Comments

• Options
    uniqueunique Posts: 12,443
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    it was an open secret in the media, we all knew years back that once he was dead the floodgates would open. And it has.

There is a very famous singer (uk, a "legend") who we again know similar thing, files sitting around that cant be published due to restrictions etc. when he goes people will find out truth about him, hes a right fraud as his actual selling point he trades on is being squeaky clean

do you think he would fall off a cliff if they came out now? it would stop him hiding in the shadows
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,064
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nosnikrapl wrote: »
    The same rules about libel should apply to the dead as they do to the living. The only reason this is being aired is because Jimmy Saville is dead & they can say what they like without challenge. Do you think that is fair? If there is wrongdoing it needs to be told but I am concerned about open season on the dead from the tabloids. Hey - we can say what we like nobody can stop us. Hmm......

I agree i don't think it's fair.
    The truth is it is very possible that he did do these things, but he can't defend himself and that's the bit i don't like.

I feel sorry for his family though, it must be really hard for them right now :(
  • Options
    bitchboybluebitchboyblue Posts: 2,778
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    unique wrote: »
    do you think he would fall off a cliff if they came out now? it would stop him hiding in the shadows

Yes, apparently he likes the young ones.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,027
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If proven, the allegations would be serious..... unfortunately, there were no reports to the police, no police investigation, no assessment of witness statements or testimony, no formal charges, no court case, and no case which proved "beyond any reasonable doubt" that the allegations had any basis in fact.

The set up is almost as bad as Ulrika Jonnsen using her friendship with Matthew Wright to allege that a TV Presenter had raped her, which damn well destroyed his career, simply to support her Book and Book Promotion Tour.

Unfortunately, at the time of any alleged incident, the matter was never reported to the police, the individual was never interviewed, evidence was never collated and submitted to scrutiny, no case was ever brought, and no court was ever convened to assess the allegations and to bring in a guilty or innocent verdict.

Worse.... the guy in question has never regained his TV Profile, but conversely, someone who falsely raised an allegation of rape through a Third Party has continued in broadcasting.

Quite a pathetic set up.
  • Options
    chavetchavet Posts: 2,503
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    DariaM wrote: »
    If proven, the allegations would be serious..... unfortunately, there were no reports to the police, no police investigation, no assessment of witness statements or testimony, no formal charges, no court case, and no case which proved "beyond any reasonable doubt" that the allegations had any basis in fact.

The set up is almost as bad as Ulrika Jonnsen using her friendship with Matthew Wright to allege that a TV Presenter had raped her, which damn well destroyed his career, simply to support her Book and Book Promotion Tour.

Unfortunately, at the time of any alleged incident, the matter was never reported to the police, the individual was never interviewed, evidence was never collated and submitted to scrutiny, no case was ever brought, and no court was ever convened to assess the allegations and to bring in a guilty or innocent verdict.

Worse.... the guy in question has never regained his TV Profile, but conversely, someone who falsely raised an allegation of rape through a Third Party has continued in broadcasting.

Quite a pathetic set up.

Matthew Wright and John Leslie were both John Noel clients, weren't they?
  • Options
    nathanbrazilnathanbrazil Posts: 8,863
    Forum Member
    DariaM wrote: »
    If proven, the allegations would be serious.....

Indeed. What has irritated me the most is Esther Ransen doing her exaggerated haggard Diana look to the floor, and saying "The jury is no longer out."

The thing is, luv, there hasn't been any jury and you don't get to decide who is guilty!
  • Options
    FatsiaFatsia Posts: 1,187
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    egghead1 wrote: »
    Reading that account from Girls school,that isnt child abuse,ok they were all under age but they were willing.
    If any of rumours about JS are true Id assume it was just like a groupie thing,girls were there young pretty and were willing. Gene SImmons from KISS and no doubt many other rockstars had many girls throw themselves at him,so he obliged ;)

If they were 8,9 or 10 years old then it would be different.

I find this a really shocking statement! :eek:
    If you are under 16, legally you cannot give consent, no matter how "willing" you might appear to be!
  • Options
    bluebladeblueblade Posts: 88,859
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mr Perks wrote: »
    24000 results on Google.

Just been reading some of the articles ~ Jesus, there's some deep, deep shit in there :eek:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,064
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Fatsia wrote: »
    I find this a really shocking statement! :eek:
    If you are under 16, legally you cannot give consent, no matter how "willing" you might appear to be!

I really don't get why oh why did girls find him attractive, one of them kept meeting up with him by accident (i think it was within the bbc), and everytime he made a sexual and creepy advance towards her, if that was me I would have been out of there and not come back!! (read it in the daily mail online)

Actually in fact, that scenario did happen to me once, I was about 16ish, i got a job working in a mobile food van, and one day setting up my boss made advances towards me, i didn't want to do anything with him but felt pressured to do so as it was a new job for me (only my ever second job), anyway lets just say i didn't go back the next day..............urghh creepy :(

But i lived and learned from that experience.
  • Options
    ishinaishina Posts: 4,255
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This thread is unsettling. People are talking as though it is a fact that he's guilty based on nothing more than a Daily Fail article. The thought that some of the knee-jerk reactionary blowhards in this thread might get called up to do jury service for a serious case is actually quite depressing.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ishina wrote: »
    This thread is unsettling. People are talking as though it is a fact that he's guilty based on nothing more than a Daily Fail article. The thought that some of the knee-jerk reactionary blowhards in this thread might get called up to do jury service for a serious case is actually quite depressing.

If it were just the Daily Mail, I'd agree with you. But it is very far from that.

Also, believe the evidence of your own eyes, and this was on live TV !!!

link ~ from about 3.00 mins onwards

How the hell was he not brought to book for that ?
  • Options
    2shy20072shy2007 Posts: 52,579
    Forum Member
    blueblade wrote: »
    If it were just the Daily Mail, I'd agree with you. But it is very far from that.

Also, believe the evidence of your own eyes, and this was on live TV !!!

link ~ from about 3.00 mins onwards

How the hell was he not brought to book for that ?

All I see is a man with his arm around the waist of a teenager, a 14 year old, that does not make him a paedophile. If that is evidence then they should just let this drop, as they are clutching at straws.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ishina wrote: »

I agree, this is how paediatricians got abused, ignorant people clutching at straws.
  • Options
    Julie_EvansJulie_Evans Posts: 2,868
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Anyone see Paul Gambaccini on Daybreak this morning? He said he's been waiting for this story to come out for the last 30 years. Apparently anyone who 'spoke out' about JS were told that if they did, hospitals like Stoke Mandeville would suffer because the DJ did so much charity work.

Gambaccini has always struck me as decent, honest bloke - I believe him.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    2shy2007 wrote: »
    All I see is a man with his arm around the waist of a teenager, a 14 year old, that does not make him a paedophile. If that is evidence then they should just let this drop, as they are clutching at straws.

Jimmy Savile: You know, if a copper came and said "You was a bit heavy with them, that kid or those two guys, whatever", I'd say "Your daughter comes in here, she's 16, she's not supposed to come into town but she does and she comes here. Presumably you'd like me to look after her, if you don't want me to look after her, tell me, and I'll let them dirty slags do what they want to her" "All right, Jim, all right, all right, all right" "All right, then. Don't give me a ****ing hard time, then" "Yeah, you're right, you're right, you didn't give the bastard half enough, I'll tell you, Jim. Thank you, goodbye" And I never got nicked.
    [he chuckles]
  • Options
    Forum Member
    chavet wrote: »
    Jimmy Savile: You know, if a copper came and said "You was a bit heavy with them, that kid or those two guys, whatever", I'd say "Your daughter comes in here, she's 16, she's not supposed to come into town but she does and she comes here. Presumably you'd like me to look after her, if you don't want me to look after her, tell me, and I'll let them dirty slags do what they want to her" "All right, Jim, all right, all right, all right" "All right, then. Don't give me a ****ing hard time, then" "Yeah, you're right, you're right, you didn't give the bastard half enough, I'll tell you, Jim. Thank you, goodbye" And I never got nicked.
    [he chuckles]

Whats that, you have typed that with no source, where is it from, 16 years old? that still does not make him a paedophile. Even if he did say that.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Whats that, you have typed that with no source, where is it from, 16 years old? that still does not make him a paedophile. Even if he did say that.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0304938/quotes

It's Jimmy talking about his approach to people being with young girls. You may have thought this attitude would make him reluctant to get so close to a girl under 16, given how he himself would deal with it.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Anyone see Paul Gambaccini on Daybreak this morning? He said he's been waiting for this story to come out for the last 30 years. Apparently anyone who 'spoke out' about JS were told that if they did, hospitals like Stoke Mandeville would suffer because the DJ did so much charity work.

There's never going to be a good outcome, but I hope that people could learn stuff from this, like how to deal with it in the future.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    chavet wrote: »
    http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0304938/quotes

It's Jimmy talking about his approach to people being with young girls. You may have thought this attitude would make him reluctant to get so close to a girl under 16, given how he himself would deal with it.

He was talking about a 16 year old though. that together with the arm round Coleen Nolan at the age of 14 does not make him a paedophile. His family are right to be upset about this, it will only hurt them, now he is dead, why wait until now with all of these allegations? His poor family are in for a rough ride, and it is them we should be thinking about, it is not fair to put them nder such a strain.
  • Options
    HotgossipHotgossip Posts: 22,385
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I believe PG too. JS was seen as a Saint and never off the TV at one time. There was also all his charity walks, hospital portering etc.

I've been reading reports from girls in homes/approved schools who said they were abused and it sounds like the staff there colluded with JS. Let's face it, they would not have been earning much money and if JS bunged them £20 or so to be left alone with these young girls, I bet they did. Several girls mention staff at these gatherings with JS.

My brother used to know a girl who spent a few years in an approved school and they really were just dumped there and left. They were seen as very bad and they deserved all they got. I don't think much effort was made to better themselves or help them just to contain them until they were let out again.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He was talking about a 16 year old though. that together with the arm round Coleen Nolan at the age of 14 does not make him a paedophile. His family are right to be upset about this, it will only hurt them, now he is dead, why wait until now with all of these allegations? His poor family are in for a rough ride, and it is them we should be thinking about, it is not fair to put them nder such a strain.

It's not him with the 16-year-old girl - it's him tying men or boys up and then beating them up for being with young girls.
  • Options
    Richard1960Richard1960 Posts: 20,344
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

If Paul Gambaccini has been waiting 30 years! why did he not say a lot more over the years he has a high enough profile to be listened to?

If he knew stuff you might say he has been complicit to a cover up if indeed thats what it was.
  • Options
    roddydogsroddydogs Posts: 10,308
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ah, the Nolans reminiscing about the time men found them attractive!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

That's not just having his arm round a girl ~ it's directly under her right tit, and jiggling it about. You think that's OK towards a 14 year old girl ?

With regard to the allegations, just remember how many other celebrities pass away each year, without a murmur against their good name.

They interviewed a former BBC producer last night (Sue Thompson ?) who said she also saw JS behaving inappropriately with young girls.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I agree, this is how paediatricians got abused, ignorant people clutching at straws.

So you'd rather all the people who are making allegations were just ignored and the issues they have raised, swept under the carpet ?
This discussion has been closed.