✭✭✭
    RikScot wrote: »
    Another Queen one...

"Beelzebub has a devil for a sideboard...ME!!!"

The same song as where he is "sparing his life for his pork sausages"!:D
  • Options
    tortfeasortortfeasor Posts: 7,004
    Forum Member
    I've searched the thread and couldn't find a previous post about Wamdue Project's 1999 hit and former UK #1 'King of My Castle' so thought I'd mention it.

Until recently I'd never bothered to check what the actual lyrics of the refrain for the end of the second sentence were.
    I always assumed they were:

Must be the reason why I'm freeing my trestle.

I thought it made some sort of odd sense because the previous lyric is 'Must be the reason why I'm King of my castle.'

However, the actual lyric is:

Must be the reason why I'm freeing my trapped soul.

Now I know that the middle t isn't pronounced in the word 'trestle' but the next time you hear 'King of My Castle,' ask yourself whether the singer skips the ps in 'trapped' or not.
    I can definitely now hear the word 'soul' but the previous word she sings does not (in my opinion) sound like 'trapped.':o
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,519
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jessie J's Domino: I thought she was saying 'take me dancing in the moonlight' but it was 'dirty dancing in the moonlight' - I might be a bit too old to like her songs :D

Lady Gaga's Pokerface: I thought she was singing 'cherry pie, cherry pie' but it was 'can't read my, can't read my'. :o
  • Options
    Brummie Girl Brummie Girl Posts: 23,126
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    tortfeasor wrote: »
    I've searched the thread and couldn't find a previous post about Wamdue Project's 1999 hit and former UK #1 'King of My Castle' so thought I'd mention it.

Until recently I'd never bothered to check what the actual lyrics of the refrain for the end of the second sentence were.

I thought it made some sort of odd sense because the previous lyric is 'Must be the reason why I'm King of my castle.'

Now I know that the middle t isn't pronounced in the word 'trestle' but the next time you hear 'King of My Castle,' ask yourself whether the singer skips the ps in 'trapped' or not.
    I can definitely now hear the word 'soul' but the previous word she sings does not (in my opinion) sound like 'trapped.':o

I always thought it was 'feeling my trestle'.
  • Options
    hornbeamhornbeam Posts: 9,483
    Forum Member
    Celine Dion - My heart will go on

"Near far, wherever you are"
    I believe that the hot dogs go on"
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I always thought it was 'feeling my trestle'.

I like your interpretation better! :D
    I think it's fair to say that the singer's diction is a tad fuzzy on that song.
  • Options
    MiddleotroadMiddleotroad Posts: 1,283
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

This song has quite a staccato sound, or at least the notes are quite short and quickfire. The singer does actually say 'trapped', but unlike the other words in the song (short, clipped, mostly one syllable), 'trapped soul' doesn't really fit the tune and it sounds more like 'tra - sole'

It's a case trying to fit too many words into one line. There's another example further up the thread, where several posters discuss 'Freed from Desire' (Gala?). This contains the line 'My love has got no money, he's got his strong beliefs'.

If she'd sung 'My Love's got no money; he's got strong beliefs', we could have understood, but in trying to cram too many words into one line, Gala just left everyone wondering what this "trombelise" instrument was that her boyfriend had got hold of!
  • Options
    The22ndRachelThe22ndRachel Posts: 652
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    On The Script's Hall of Fame, I thought they were singing
    "It don't matter what the ballers say" I know, not much sense in that!

Actual lyric: "you'll be burning with the brightest flame"
  • Options
    Kyle123Kyle123 Posts: 25,782
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    SuperAPJ wrote: »
    On her debut single "You Bring Me Joy", I thought that former X Factor contestant Amelia Lily sang something about "ghetto madness" in the chorus. She actually says "forget all the madness". I preferred it when I was mishearing it!

In that same song, she sings "you bring me joy, you bring sadness" but I originally thought she sang " you bring me joy, you bring me sax" :)
  • Options
    meechyemoomeechyemoo Posts: 659
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

you mean it isn't trestle? :eek:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ... The singer does actually say 'trapped', but unlike the other words in the song (short, clipped, mostly one syllable), 'trapped soul' doesn't really fit the tune and it sounds more like 'tra - sole'

It's a case trying to fit too many words into one line. There's another example further up the thread, where several posters discuss 'Freed from Desire' (Gala?). This contains the line 'My love has got no money, he's got his strong beliefs'.

If she'd sung 'My Love's got no money; he's got strong beliefs', we could have understood, but in trying to cram too many words into one line, Gala just left everyone wondering what this "trombelise" instrument was that her boyfriend had got hold of!

Gala's 'Freed from Desire' - you were right - is definitely another one in the same category as my suggestion. I think it is a case of too many words into one line on both accounts. The other lyrics are pretty clear so it's not the diction that's at fault. That aside I do like both of them very much despite hearing them over and over at the time.

I've been listening to the Wamdue Project a bit since my post about it. Think I'll dig out 'Freed from desire' tonight!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    meechyemoo wrote: »

Nope! I only made a point of looking it up the other night when I was reading through this thread because it's one song that had stuck in my mind as potentially having misheard lyrics. I'd intended to look it up before the other night but never got around to doing it. Since 1999 I'd assumed it was 'trestle' too.:D

Just read through my original post about it and noticed I typed that I thought the lyrics had been 'freeing my trestle.' I actually thought she sang 'free in my trestle.' I must have had 'freeing' on my mind after looking up the actual lyrics.

If anything 'free in my trestle' kind of makes sense given the previous lyric is 'free in my castle.'
  • Options
    mimicolemimicole Posts: 51,078
    Forum Member
    meechyemoo wrote: »

I always thought it was that too. I'm listening to it now and can hear "trapped soul"
  • Options
    deanieboydeanieboy Posts: 740
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I was mishearing a lyric in "We Found Love" for absolute ages until someone corrected me!! I was singing "We found love in a homeless place" when in fact in was "We found love in a hopeless place"...kept on giving me visions of a homeless shelter!!
  • Options
    StratusSphereStratusSphere Posts: 2,813
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    hornbeam wrote: »
    Celine Dion - My heart will go on

"Near far, wherever you are"
    I believe that the hot dogs go on"

How could you POSSIBLY mishear that when its the TITLE of the song?
  • Options
    Brummie Girl Brummie Girl Posts: 23,126
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    R Kelly - She's Got That Vibe

Towards the end of the song where he is reeling off various girls names I used to think one of the lines he was singing was:

"My niece has got it (She's got that vibe)"

Then I thought it actually was:

"Bernice has got it (she's got that vibe)"

I have now found out the actual lyric is:

"Leonice has got it (she's got that vibe)"
  • Options
    cat666cat666 Posts: 2,063
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    R Kelly - She's Got That Vibe

Towards the end of the song where he is reeling off various girls names I used to think one of the lines he was singing was:

"My niece has got it (She's got that vibe)"

Then I thought it actually was:

"Bernice has got it (she's got that vibe)"

I have now found out the actual lyric is:

"Leonice has got it (she's got that vibe)"

A lot of the songs of the mid-late 90's feature people singing about the "vibe". I like to think they mean vibrators as it brings whole new meanings to songs.

In a similar vein, Gabrielle and East 17 had a song called If You Ever which starts with East 17 singing "the very first time, that i saw your brown eyes". Now Gabrielle always wore an eye patch so he should have sang "the very first time, that I saw your brown eye" which again changes the whole meaning of the song and makes me chuckle like a schoolboy.
  • Options
    marcina bolanmarcina bolan Posts: 645
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    bump :)
  • Options
    unclekevounclekevo Posts: 20,749
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I always thought Paramore sang about Fairies and Castles in Brick By Boring Brick :o

Oh and please don't tell me I'm the only one who thought Lady Gaga was singing about a night called Mary on first listen to Marry The Night?

Stooshe's Black Heart
    Misheard: 'He's big and he's black, I love him like that'
    Actual: 'He's big and he's bad, I love him like mad'
  • Options
    kenny12kenny12 Posts: 1,310
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Like a Gherkin. Touched for the very first time.
  • Options
    DandemDandem Posts: 13,453
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    In the song "All About Us" by He Is We, I thought this sentence;

"Would you let me lead? You can step on my feet"

was

"Would you let me lead? You can suck on my feet"

I was like...err what? :eek:
  • Options
    brymbo76brymbo76 Posts: 216
    Forum Member
    Shanice - I Love Your Smile
    The middle line of this section: "Now I know I'll never ever go back
    Taught me that
    I can be a better girl with love you give"

Always thought she was singing "SUCK ME BAD"!!!

Carly Simon - You're So Vain
    "Some underworld spy or the wife of a close friend
    Wife of a close friend"
    Always thought she was singing "Wife of a POSTMAN"!!!
  • Options
    mimicolemimicole Posts: 51,078
    Forum Member
    unclekevo wrote: »
    I always thought Paramore sang about Fairies and Castles in Brick By Boring Brick :o

Oh and please don't tell me I'm the only one who thought Lady Gaga was singing about a night called Mary on first listen to Marry The Night?

Stooshe's Black Heart
    Misheard: 'He's big and he's black, I love him like that'
    Actual: 'He's big and he's bad, I love him like mad'

:D "Bury the castle"
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 316
    Forum Member
    Nelly Furtado - Play

What I heard: "I got no plan in my antenna, Berry"
    Real lyrics: "I've got no plan on my itinerary"

Lol.