Options

Jimmy Saville to be revealed as a paedophile? (Part 2)

Comments

• Options
    Phoenix LazarusPhoenix Lazarus Posts: 17,321
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Look at Savile in the photo in this article. It's quite a notorious photo, now, and many will have seen it before. My point here is, with that hard cold look Savile has in the photo, doesn't it seem a more candid picture than all the ones where he's putting on a big cheery grin?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2216489/Sir-Jimmy-Savile-set-Broadmoor-keys-How-sick-star-access-mentally-ill-patients.html
  • Options
    NosnikraplNosnikrapl Posts: 2,572
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
  • Options
    sozzled2daysozzled2day Posts: 1,217
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Here he is grinning away having photos taken while he's on the bed with a patient. Talk about BLATANT! It's the same girl in both photos but taken at different times. It's hard to believe he didn't molest her as well. After all, there she is, helpless, just as he seems to prefer them.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2216274/Chilling-photograph-Savile-inside-Stoke-Mandeville-hospital-nurses-told-patients-pretend-youre-asleep-hes-star-came-calling.html
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If Murdoch perhaps is causing problems for the BBC I wonder if he'll go further and name the establishment figures also allegedly involved ?

Oh he can bring he pack of cards down I don't doubt. Lets face it would be the ultimate revenge before he departs.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,060
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm fed up with two things on these SaVILE threads.

1) People saying 'Why didn't anyone speak up earlier?'. - It's been explained time and time again why they didn't. I'd advise those people to read the threads properly and not just the last paragraph in The Sun or the last three posts on DS.

I have not commented on these threads over the last few days as my feelings have generally been one of incredulity about the whole thing. It really is like being told that Father Christmas is a peadophile or even worse make believe.

I have read quite a few explanations on here and elsewhere for people not stepping forward and whilst I feel that the apparent victims may not a have come forward because of his supposed power is a fair escuse, it does not explain why those who claim to be witnesses never pursued it or indeed why a paper like the News of the World never sought to reveal the story. At the end of the day he was DJ on Radio 1 who demonstrated a persona of being good with children and then went on to make a unique TV show. He then did a bit of charity work. Thats it. He was not mafia, royalty or a secret agent.

I therefore cannot understand why any of these allegations have not come out before especially seeing that we are now supposed to believe that alleged incidences of abuse took place in different locations throughout the country.
    2) People (usually the same ones) saying 'He's dead, let's not do anything now'. Because his victims aren't dead and this whole disgraceful saga needs to be fully known, however bad it was/is.

I am not defending him in any way. If he committed sexual assaults on adult or child there is no defence . However if he found himself the subject of idolisation in an era of sexual liberation that started in the 1960's and continued throughout the 70's then it might not be surprising that he took advantage. He would not be the first and will not be the last. An adult who consents to sexual activities cannot turn around and say they were forced to do consent. that would not make it consent in the first place.

It has been said before, and I agree it was an age when PC only had one meaning - police constable. No one heard of political correctness until the 1990's. Benny Hill was prime time viewing and sexual innuendo was at its peak. How can we judge someone who cannot defend himself without considering the attitudes of the day? I don't think we can and it would be hypocritical to do so. We would need to judge every celebrity and politician of the last century.

I do feel it is unfortunate how this has become a witch hunt when the full facts have not been investigated of a man who did a lot of good. A man who and had his eccentricities that modern society seems to be unable to understand to an extent that his gravestone has been removed and there is even talk of digging him up.

Three facts. He was asked about it in 2007 on Irelands Newstalk programme . His response now seems to be rather prophetic in that there no doubt that there has been a lot of prodding in the last couple of weeks.

He was also interviewed under caution about it in 2007 as we know no charges were brought

Finally even as far back as 2000 Louis Theroux raised the issue in the documentary that was high profile at the time. Even then no one appears to have come forward to suggest that his denial was questionable.

Personally I will wait to see the results of the investigations of allegations before I feel able to judge the man
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,505
    Forum Member
    Nosnikrapl wrote: »
    Again I've seen that said before.

When? Before this all kicked off recently, or since then?
  • Options
    gilliedewgilliedew Posts: 7,605
    Forum Member
    C19th Fox wrote: »
    I have not commented on these threads over the last few days as my feelings have generally been one of incredulity about the whole thing. It really is like being told that Father Christmas is a peadophile or even worse make believe.

I have read quite a few explanations on here and elsewhere for people not stepping forward and whilst I feel that the apparent victims may not a have come forward because of his supposed power is a fair escuse, it does not explain why those who claim to be witnesses never pursued it or indeed why a paper like the News of the World never sought to reveal the story. At the end of the day he was DJ on Radio 1 who demonstrated a persona of being good with children and then went on to make a unique TV show. He then did a bit of charity work. Thats it. He was not mafia, royalty or a secret agent.

I therefore cannot understand why any of these allegations have not come out before especially seeing that we are now supposed to believe that alleged incidences of abuse took place in different locations throughout the country.

I am not defending him in any way. If he committed sexual assaults on adult or child there is no defence . However if he found himself the subject of idolisation in an era of sexual liberation that started in the 1960's and continued throughout the 70's then it might not be surprising that he took advantage. He would not be the first and will not be the last. An adult who consents to sexual activities cannot turn around and say they were forced to do consent. that would not make it consent in the first place.

It has been said before, and I agree it was an age when PC only had one meaning - police constable. No one heard of political correctness until the 1990's. Benny Hill was prime time viewing and sexual innuendo was at its peak. How can we judge someone who cannot defend himself without considering the attitudes of the day? I don't think we can and it would be hypocritical to do so. We would need to judge every celebrity and politician of the last century.

I do feel it is unfortunate how this has become a witch hunt when the full facts have not been investigated of a man who did a lot of good. A man who and had his eccentricities that modern society seems to be unable to understand to an extent that his gravestone has been removed and there is even talk of digging him up.

Three facts. He was asked about it in 2007 on Irelands Newstalk programme . His response now seems to be rather prophetic in that there no doubt that there has been a lot of prodding in the last couple of weeks.

He was also interviewed under caution about it in 2007 as we know no charges were brought

Finally even as far back as 2000 Louis Theroux raised the issue in the documentary that was high profile at the time. Even then no one appears to have come forward to suggest that his denial was questionable.

Personally I will wait to see the results of the investigations of allegations before I feel able to judge the man

Try Googling Jersey Opera House and Jimmy Savile
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Look at Savile in the photo in this article. It's quite a notorious photo, now, and many will have seen it before. My point here is, with that hard cold look Savile has in the photo, doesn't it seem a more candid picture than all the ones where he's putting on a big cheery grin?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2216489/Sir-Jimmy-Savile-set-Broadmoor-keys-How-sick-star-access-mentally-ill-patients.html
    What the hell was Frank Bruno even doing shaking hands with a man who'd killed 13 women? Punching him in the face I could understand, but shaking his hand?

Lord Bannside

“The smallest, the most innocent, and the least powerful of the human race, are soft targets, an easy prey for the vilest of mankind.”

He added: “We have laws that protect the targeters. We have sentences that do not fit the crime.

“We have tolerated double standards that allow a pervert to hand over charitable donations with one hand, while his other gropes the innocent!

Why?

“Because it would be bad for business!
    The voice of a little one is a voice that has become too quickly talked down – seen but not heard!”

http://www.newsletter.co.uk/news/local/lord-bannside-hits-out-at-jimmy-saville-scandal-1-4360413
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Here he is grinning away having photos taken while he's on the bed with a patient. Talk about BLATANT! It's the same girl in both photos but taken at different times. It's hard to believe he didn't molest her as well. After all, there she is, helpless, just as he seems to prefer them.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2216274/Chilling-photograph-Savile-inside-Stoke-Mandeville-hospital-nurses-told-patients-pretend-youre-asleep-hes-star-came-calling.html

I saw that but we do need to be careful as I suspect there may be a few other celebs who have willingly posed for photographs with patients. Doing that doesn't mean that there anything immediately suspicious.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Looks as if Frankie Boyle's got himself in hot water (again) over the whole imbroglio!

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/posts/view/275092/Fans-turn-on-Frankie-Boyle-after-Sir-Jimmy-Savile-and-Madeleine-McCann-quip/
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 87,224
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just catching up on tonight's Newsnight. Ex-patients talking about him; John Lindsay, former Det. Inspector with Thames Valley Police, took it to his superiors but they didn't believe him because Savile was an "icon".
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    When? Before this all kicked off recently, or since then?

Oh in the last couple of weeks. Funnily enough I watched a New Tricks on Alibi the other night & it was a BBC show about DJ's & underage sex. It seems that it had just become part of folklore if it was so readily written about.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    How can we judge someone who cannot defend himself without considering the attitudes of the day? I don't think we can and it would be hypocritical to do so.
    The guy prowled brazenly through children's wards looking for sick unresponsive kids in wheelchairs so he could ram his tongue down their throat and grope them. What "attitudes of the day" do you presume might have permitted that type of behaviour?

He can't defend himself because he made damn sure this didn't come out while he was alive. He got exactly what he wanted.

This scandal isn't about 'idolisation' and consenting adults. It's about him seeking out young girls to molest, and mostly vulnerable young girls who wouldn't be believed if they dared tell on him. Hell, even the nurses who told the police weren't believed.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,095
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    it does not explain why those who claim to be witnesses never pursued it or indeed why a paper like the News of the World never sought to reveal the story. At the end of the day he was DJ on Radio 1 who demonstrated a persona of being good with children and then went on to make a unique TV show. He then did a bit of charity work. Thats it. He was not mafia, royalty or a secret agent.

Quite true so how come? One possibility is he had dirt on lots of other people so he had lots of people protecting him as a way of protecting themselves.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Has he deleted the tweet, i can't find it :confused:

It's for the 1st October. Looks like the paper took a while to pick it up. It's still there.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just catching up on tonight's Newsnight. Ex-patients talking about him; John Lindsay, former Det. Inspector with Thames Valley Police, took it to his superiors but they didn't believe him because Savile was an "icon".

I see the BBC have got animated on the subject now they can deflect the story to other institutions ;) It's been confirmed that the Nationwide story was a 10 min job about exposing the CPS. At the end of the day if BBC hadn't allowed this monster to be created then he wouldn't have got access to the vulnerable in the way that he did.
  • Options
    KidPokerKidPoker Posts: 4,294
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Don't often agree with the big man, but agree with him there.

Disgusting lack of human empathy, whilst sick and vulnerable kids were being abused people they trusted turned a blind eye to ensure the coffers were full. Absolutely sickening and highlights everything that is inherently evil about man.
  • Options
    DamandaDamanda Posts: 34,208
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The interesting piece of information I picked out of Exposure was when Fiona said:

"We knew what was expected of us, we had to pay"

As a consequence of an action? Or probably that he enjoyed punishing women.

I took that to mean that as he offered opportunity for escape from their everyday lives with access to other celebs, TV shows, alcohol, cigarettes, parties and for that he expected recompense.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Someone linked to a page on sociopaths earlier

http://www.mcafee.cc/Bin/sb.html

I think at least some of the time paedophilia is actually a cowardly variety of sociopath. So you might get a brave sociopath who joins the foreign legion and jumps into trenchs full of enemy soldiers with just a bayonet, then you get more cowardly ones who form a gang to attack lone males, then more cowardly again who attack adult females, then more cowardly again who go for teenagers and then the most cowardly of all who go for littler kids.
  • Options
    21stCenturyBoy21stCenturyBoy Posts: 44,523
    Forum Member
    Surely at this point it would just be easier to decide which 1970's entertainer ISN'T involved and just persecute everybody else?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    bubble2 wrote: »
    Someone linked to a page on sociopaths earlier

http://www.mcafee.cc/Bin/sb.html

I think at least some of the time paedophilia is actually a cowardly variety of sociopath. So you might get a brave sociopath who joins the foreign legion and jumps into trenchs full of enemy soldiers with just a bayonet, then you get more cowardly ones who form a gang to attack lone males, then more cowardly again who attack adult females, then more cowardly again who go for teenagers and then the most cowardly of all who go for littler kids.

No. It is becoming evident that JS was a sociopath first & foremost. His sexual behaviour is one of the features of a sociopath. Not all child abusers are sociopaths.

Promiscuous Sexual Behavior/Infidelity
    Promiscuity, child sexual abuse, rape and sexual acting out of all sorts.
  • Options
    JCRJCR Posts: 24,129
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dunno if this has been posted yet, but here is an extract from Jerry Sadowitz 1988 album Gobshite, which was withdrawn, due to fears it libelled Saville:

http://www.popbitch.com/home/2012/10/11/psychic-sadowitz-on-jimmy-savile/ (contains profanity.)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,505
    Forum Member
    Yeah, i posted it earlier tonight.. There is an audio extract from a gig in 1987, so 25 years ago now.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nosnikrapl wrote: »
    No. It is becoming evident that JS was a sociopath first & foremost. His sexual behaviour is one of the features of a sociopath. Not all child abusers are sociopaths.

Yes that was the point i was trying to make.
This discussion has been closed.