Options

Jimmy Saville to be revealed as a paedophile? (Part 2)

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 115
    Forum Member
    i wonder if js name is on the tony blair d notice (locked for 100 years) on operation ore i think a online petion is required as was paramount to end the hillsbrough cover up .because at the moment few will be thrown to the wolves.to apease the sheeple while the elite in the d notice can be vilifiled in 100 years time
  • Options
    sozzled2daysozzled2day Posts: 1,217
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lexi22 wrote: »
    Sorry, can anyone answer this please? I just want to know if they were broadcast because I'm finding it hard to believe, with what's now known, that they went ahead with them.

It seems like they were.
    Grant Shapps, chairman of the Conservative Party, told BBC1's Question Time last night that it "seems unimaginable" that people at the BBC were unaware of the child abuse allegations.

He said: "What happened now appears to be outrageous.
    It's particularly disturbing that a programme paying tribute, a three-parter, went out just last Christmas after it was already known at senior levels within the BBC that something was wrong, enough to have had a serious Newsnight programme made about it and enough to raise serious concerns.

http://www.standard.co.uk/news/crime/bbc-to-reveal-why-jimmy-savile-newsnight-programme-was-never-aired-8208459.html
  • Options
    XXRunXXXXRunXX Posts: 2,485
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lexi22 wrote: »
    Sorry, can anyone answer this please? I just want to know if they were broadcast because I'm finding it hard to believe, with what's now known, that they went ahead with them.

I can remember Shane Ritchie hosting a tribute Jim'll fix it over Christmas or just before, I wasn't really watching it so have no idea if JS was shown in clips, other than that I've no idea, as I have avoided all things JS for years.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2
    Forum Member
    Thought this required a bump.

Seriously, what the f*** is wrong with these people?.

I've posted the link in another forum too, is it just the power and influence that warps these peoples minds?

I've a feeling Ben Fellows( the actor in the link) is going to have a role to play, as this appalling underbelly of our depraved society begins to unravel.

• Options
    KidPokerKidPoker Posts: 4,294
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Can someone PM the names of the other 5. I know one.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 17,060
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I just read that Peter Sutcliffe actually killed one of his victims outside Saviles house. I don't even know what to make of that. Is it possible they were friends before Sutcliffe ended up in Broadmoor?

Even if that is out of the realms of possibility (though it's seeming little is when it comes to Savile) it takes a sick mentality to befriend a serial killer, and one who murdered someone while you were potentially only feet away in your home!
  • Options
    lexi22lexi22 Posts: 16,394
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    bubble2 wrote: »
    Don't know, sorry.
    They did indeed. I watched them myself.
    It seems like they were.
    XXRunXX wrote: »
    I can remember Shane Ritchie hosting a tribute Jim'll fix it over Christmas or just before, I wasn't really watching it so have no idea if JS was shown in clips, other than that I've no idea, as I have avoided all things JS for years.

Thanks, All. :)

Unbelievable. Absolutely unbelievable. How can they possibly justify it? Knowing what we now know they all knew, but they still, quite deliberately, kept up the JS pretence long after there was any need to pretend anymore?? Just unbelievable.

Now I'm actually shocked.
  • Options
    sozzled2daysozzled2day Posts: 1,217
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jerrica09 wrote: »
    I just read that Peter Sutcliffe actually killed one of his victims outside Saviles house. I don't even know what to make of that. Is it possible they were friends before Sutcliffe ended up in Broadmoor?

Even if that is out of the realms of possibility (though it's seeming little is when it comes to Savile) it takes a sick mentality to befriend a serial killer, and one who murdered someone while you were potentially only feet away in your home!
    And Sutcliffe killed women only in the most brutal way possible, mostly prostitutes if I remember. It's beginning to make sense why JS would have had something in common with him, both despising women as they did.
  • Options
    Tal'shiarTal'shiar Posts: 2,290
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The whole thing is a joke. Why is it only coming out now? some no mark footballer can sleep with someone not his wife and the world knows about it the next day, yet this massive abuse cover up involving huge numbers of people was unknown for most of JS lifespan?

I am not defending the man as to be honest, he seemed the type anyway. But what worries me more is what are the news outlets trying to avoid by making this non-story seem like a huge incident?
  • Options
    KidPokerKidPoker Posts: 4,294
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Its hardly a non-story.
  • Options
    AbrielAbriel Posts: 8,525
    Forum Member
    Re the J Tribute shows, I'm sure there was one where JS was putting the lights out at TOTP at the end, but was that a TOTP tribute, rather than a JS one?
  • Options
    EurostarEurostar Posts: 78,519
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tal'shiar wrote: »
    The whole thing is a joke. Why is it only coming out now? some no mark footballer can sleep with someone not his wife and the world knows about it the next day, yet this massive abuse cover up involving huge numbers of people was unknown for most of JS lifespan?

I am not defending the man as to be honest, he seemed the type anyway. But what worries me more is what are the news outlets trying to avoid by making this non-story seem like a huge incident?

"Can of worms" springs to mind. It's impossible to see how all of this could have gone on without widespread knowedge, including the top brass. We may find out that Saville got away with it because of collusion and corruption all over the place.
  • Options
    saralundsaralund Posts: 3,379
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    IRL, I'm struck by the number of people I know who are aware of the JS scandal, but can't bear to think about it, and would rather the media just shut up about it and didn't pollute the innocence of 'nice' people.

I don't think it's because these people have dodgy secrets. I think it's simply that they have few emotional resources to cope with the true horror of all this, and are resistant to acquiring such resources.

I suspect that the reason JS got away with this for so long was partly because 'nice' people preferred to insulate themselves from the unpleasant knowledge of what he was doing. I'm sure JS knew he could rely on that reaction from 'nice' people. Add in the likelihood that many people in the media / politics / police had their own (probably much smaller) secrets, and he could rely on a conspiracy of silence from people in positions to expose him.

In the end, I do think we'll find that much of the cover-up was down to a widespread, dilute cowardice on the part of nice, good, ordinary people.
  • Options
    ee-ayee-ay Posts: 3,963
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She's realised there will be no money in it for her now.

Her claims had already been in doubt back in July. No DNA matched, cigars, hairbrush or bedding.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,095
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jerrica09 wrote: »

That ought to feel completely impossible but it doesn't. Weird.
  • Options
    EurostarEurostar Posts: 78,519
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    saralund wrote: »
    IRL, I'm struck by the number of people I know who are aware of the JS scandal, but can't bear to think about it, and would rather the media just shut up about it and didn't pollute the innocence of 'nice' people.

I don't think it's because these people have dodgy secrets. I think it's simply that they have few emotional resources to cope with the true horror of all this, and are resistant to acquiring such resources.

I suspect that the reason JS got away with this for so long was partly because 'nice' people preferred to insulate themselves from the unpleasant knowledge of what he was doing. I'm sure JS knew he could rely on that reaction from 'nice' people. Add in the likelihood that many people in the media / politics / police had their own (probably much smaller) secrets, and he could rely on a conspiracy of silence from people in positions to expose him.

In the end, I do think we'll find that much of the cover-up was down to a widespread, dilute cowardice on the part of nice, good, ordinary people.

A lot of truth in that, but the management of the various places had a duty to protect children from Saville (they were further up the chain than him and would certainly have had the power to stop him in his tracks). The fact that they didn't or chose not to is a big scandal.
  • Options
    Phoenix LazarusPhoenix Lazarus Posts: 17,336
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Abriel wrote: »
    Re the J Tribute shows, I'm sure there was one where JS was putting the lights out at TOTP at the end, but was that a TOTP tribute, rather than a JS one?

He did that at the end of the final ever edition of Top of the Pops, in 2003-this being deemed appropriate, as he was the first ever presenter, nearly 40 years earlier, on New Year's Day 1964.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2
    Forum Member

" All it takes for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing" - Edmund Burke
  • Options
    lexi22lexi22 Posts: 16,394
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I'm sure there's some of that going on but I also think people wish it would just ease up for more mundane 'human nature' reasons - plain old inevitable fatigue at the sensational bombardment and overload.

Personally, I wish it would all stop now and there was no more reporting of it until the investigation has been done. We're going to be stuck with it until/unless something really dramatic happens news-wise to take away the spotlight.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,095
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tal'shiar wrote: »

Normal people don't collect future protection in advance. They do stuff then run off to someone like Max Clifford afterwards. I think predators / sociopaths collect protection.

For example, there were stories earlier this week that Diana Dors used to run sex parties for celebs. It didn't say anything about Savile going to them but knowing who did go and what they got up to would be the sort of info useful to someone who wanted to collect protection. So if Savile knew of someone who did go and was maybe a bit thick he might make friends with that guy and pump him for that information.
  • Options
    Phoenix LazarusPhoenix Lazarus Posts: 17,336
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Well, when you think that Jimmy Savile evokes memories of innocent childhoods/early teens listening to pop on the radio, and watching Top of the Pops and Jim'll Fix It, it's not surprising people don't like having that ambience of innocent fun rudely shattered.
  • Options
    Dean DareDean Dare Posts: 545
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Anyone able to pm me the other 5 names cos I don't have a clue who they are
  • Options
    skp20040skp20040 Posts: 66,874
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    i just went back to part 1 of this thread, it's interesting to see on page one how quick people were to assume the victims were liars.

I think if you look you will see a great many said they would wait until the ITV Documentary before making judgement and questioned why some people waited and also questioned why some people went to The Daily Mail and not the Police which was a valid question.
  • Options
    skp20040skp20040 Posts: 66,874
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    KidPoker wrote: »
    Can someone PM the names of the other 5. I know one.

Speculation and a stab in the dark is not a very good or fair way to go to my mind.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 17,060
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Dean Dare wrote: »
    Anyone able to pm me the other 5 names cos I don't have a clue who they are

I'll PM you, but I regret posting them to be honest. They were five names listed in a Popbitch email, but no actual rumours or evidence, just names.
This discussion has been closed.