Options

Twitter - I'm horrified

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,749
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tt88 wrote: »
    I first heard of this story on facebook as i have a friend who loves joining these types of pages so she can say how much shes crying after reading it.

At first i thought it was one of those hoax ones that does the rounds but it seems this one is true.

I havent read it in detail but from what i gather social media websites are getting the blame for this girl being bullied online. Couldnt she just avoid certain sites or change her settings so the bullies couldnt contact her? And although i feel sorry for her,making videos just seemed to make her bullying worse.

From what I hear she also knew the bullies 'in real life' as she went to school with them and some also lived by her. The main bullying was taking place in school and by her house where she was beaten up.
  • Options
    The DoveThe Dove Posts: 1,221
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    And here we have exhibit A; the exact type of scumbag who makes children do these things.
    sootysoo wrote: »
    A self loathing female? Perhaps she herself is a **** and she can spot this trait about herself that she doesn't like in other's and picks them apart for it. It's psychology 101.
    Damanda wrote: »
    I dont mind a bit of controversial, I don't mind devils advocate, it can be useful to challenge sometimes but using language like that (the other FMs) on topics such as this ... is shameful behaviour in my view.

The threads about April Jones and Jimmy Saville are havens for such attention seeking thoughtless creatures.

This is a heavily moderated site but instead of alerting and ignoring, you all have chosen to launch personal insults against a forum member.

Vintage_girl's comments won't be seen by the person she made them about but yours will. How do you justify what you're doing?
  • Options
    quatroquatro Posts: 2,886
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    80sfan wrote: »
    Why was Twitter & Facebook ever created? They just seem like the most pointless things ever :confused:

My thoughts exactly, why anyone wants to go on them and tell the whole world what they are doing and when is beyond me. Just dont go on them if they disturb you.
  • Options
    Stepper44Stepper44 Posts: 54
    Forum Member
    I only go on facebook to arm myself with embarrassing facts that certain users put on it, when they're otherwise occupied. Then give em back some of their own medicine.Otherwise its a bunch of crap.
  • Options
    OswyOswy Posts: 101
    Forum Member
    I think targeting bullies is a lost cause, and it will turn a already policed nation even more like a police state. The old liberal ideology is right, start teaching diversity/tolerance from kindergarten/elementary schools. But on top of that, we probably should tell children constantly how little others' opinion matters and don't be too sensitive.
    It's a sad situation, but I'm not favoring creating more crime labels, ones as vague as "bullying", a lot of things can be subjectively labelled as bullying, how do you police that?
  • Options
    FizixFizix Posts: 16,932
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That video was really quite sad to watch. I don't know nor understand why someone would follow her around with a naked picture of her. That in itself is very, very creepy and I'm surprised that individual wasn't stopped as soon as the threat was made.

I mean, surely she told her parents at that point and the police might have been able to do something. I don't know; that's what I find most creepy about it.

Teenagers can do ill advised things (in her case, flashing on a webcam), it happens.
    Kids can be cruel and will bully other kids. I don't think that will ever go away.

But to follow her around with a picture, that really is wrong.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,607
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Horrible :( Who would stop being friends/bully someone because they flashed online :rolleyes:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Horrible :( Who would stop being friends/bully someone because they flashed online :rolleyes:

Kids can be *****.

I'd imagine it would be more complex than people finding out she flashed and then a prolonged period of bullying because of that one fact.

I would assume, normally, something like that would blow over. I remember when I was a teenager, there was the occasional revelation and it blew over.

So I would imagine something else fueled it and made it worse.

I mean, there was a group of kids when I was about 14 or 15; about 5 or 6 of them who got drunk (think they took some drugs too), broke into a parked bus and got caught "red handed".

When it got out, nobody thought it was cool and they were labelled. But it blew over and everyone had forgotten about it after a few months.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You all do realise the person she posed topless on webcam for was a 30-year-old man who frequented a webcam site aimed at 13-17 year-olds? He has been doxed all over the internet and Twitter.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The Dove wrote: »
    You all do realise the person she posed topless on webcam for was a 30-year-old man who frequented a webcam site aimed at 13-17 year-olds? He has been doxed all over the internet and Twitter.

Yes, clearly. The fact he tried to blackmail her gives that away. But how does it affect the bullying topic itself?

I'm not sure why you are saying "you all do realise"???

As I said in my first reply to this thread, its a shame he wasn't caught when he first threatened her.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Fizix wrote: »
    Yes, clearly. The fact he tried to blackmail her gives that away. But how does it affect the bullying topic itself?

I'm not sure why you are saying "you all do realise"???

As I said in my first reply to this thread, its a shame he wasn't caught when he first threatened her.
    Maybe that it's not a simple story about a girl being bullied to death? That there's a lot more to the story than which is being told here?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 485
    Forum Member
    80sfan wrote: »
    Why was Twitter & Facebook ever created? They just seem like the most pointless things ever :confused:

they are for talking on the internet like the near 5000 post you have done here

Am I actually having to point this out?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 485
    Forum Member
    Maybe that it's not a simple story about a girl being bullied to death? That there's a lot more to the story than which is being told here?

There allways is
  • Options
    Slarti BartfastSlarti Bartfast Posts: 6,607
    Forum Member
    Damanda wrote: »
    It's not really the sum total of what I said and its less simplistic than just saying there is parental responsibility, particularly when it's already been accepted.

This place sometimes, I swear!
    By "too simplistic" I meant that it does not account for any other reason. You seem to suggest that being unkind, etc, is the only reason anyone would point out the faults of the parents. I daresay there will be some people for whom that is the reason they respond thus, but since the subject of their remarks will very rarely actually read them I'd say it's far more likely that people who point out the parents' faults do so because they genuinely believe the parents are, to some degree, at fault!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,252
    Forum Member
    Urgh, I'm tired of all these emo videos of teenagers holding up cards. So, basically she acted like a slag stripped on webcam and then slept with another girl's boyfriend- then expected people to be nice to her?

And what about her parents- when she decided to commit suicide, did she not think for a moment how their lives will be ruined? Selfish kid.

Wow.

The bitchest post of the day goes to.............
  • Options
    Si_CreweSi_Crewe Posts: 40,202
    Forum Member
    Speaking of Amanda Todd, I stumbled across THIS delightful chap a couple of days ago, who's thoughts on the subject can be found HERE and HERE as well as some broader advice HERE.

Enjoy.
  • Options
    annette kurtenannette kurten Posts: 39,543
    Forum Member
    Urgh, I'm tired of all these emo videos of teenagers holding up cards. So, basically she acted like a slag- stripped on webcam and then slept with another girl's boyfriend- then expected people to be nice to her?

And what about her parents- when she decided to commit suicide, did she not think for a moment how their lives will be ruined? Selfish kid.

what an utterly vile post and just the attitude such a bully would have.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,252
    Forum Member
    Vintage girl seems to have a recurring issue with calling females slags.
  • Options
    R410R410 Posts: 2,991
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bullying is hard. I know. I was a bit of a trouble boy back in primary school, because then I had undiagnosed hyperactivity disorder. So I got myself into trouble a bit (tipping a book case over once), and got bullied for it.
    My hyperactivity was eventually sorted by stopping me have certain foods and drinks, but the bullying didn't.

But I stood up to them and retaliated. My bully was this horrible cow. (still is, but then I don't have anything to do with her now).
    One day she pushed me over at the end of school. I just snapped and ran after her, and hit her that hard it knocked her over. Safe to say I never had any problems after that.

In life you have be prepared to stand up to the problems. Mine was through no fault of my own and I did.

I have absolutely no sympathy for this Amanda. She got herself bullied by posting topless pictures of herself on the internet. The bullying started because of this.
    She took the cowards way out instead of confronting her problems.

This is a problem with teenagers these days. They are wanting to grow up so fast, to act like an adult, but they do not have to capacity to be able to cope with adult situations. They them just think in their selfish minds "I'll kill myself that will solve the problem"
  • Options
    paulschapmanpaulschapman Posts: 35,536
    Forum Member
    mumbles26 wrote: »
    I'm not much of a twitter fan but I just so happened to be reading about a poor 15 year old girlvAmanda Todd in Canada that has hung herself after some serious bullying..

Some random person is tweeting such disgustingly, vile hateful comments that I'm practically on the verge of tears. She's also directing insulting tweets at one of the Kardashians.

Now regardless of whether you like or dislike someone, surely this can't be allowed.

I'm truly appalled.

That would be a matter for the Canadian authorities - a person in the UK may find that they are charged with a crime (the Communications Act IIRC) - but a Canadian citizen should be covered under the Canadian equivelent.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just found this on a picture posted on Facebook:

(Mods this is not mine, so delete if needed)
    Just to throw this out there to anyone who is an Amanda Todd sympathizer, she wasn't an "angel" like everyone is making her out to be. She got the shit kicked out of her because she ****ed another girl's boyfriend and the girl found out. By the way, this happened multiple times in the different schools she attended, not a one time occurrence. She was taunted and teased in school because of the way she treated other people. She was known for being rude, mean and snobby. She was also known for having sex for money and having sex with older men as a sugar daddy type arrangement so she could have money and material possessions. She had fully admitted to her friends that she knew the difference between right and wrong and she didn't care because she got what she wanted. She killed herself because people knew the truth about her, confronted her about it, and she couldn't take it anymore. Her parent's, actual close friends and teachers released statements confirming everything I just typed out, so it's not me being a bitch and ragging on a dead girl. If someone is legit being bullied and kills themselves because they feel they have no other way out, its an honestly sad situation. If someone like Amanda Todd kills themselves, its kind of deserved.
  • Options
    LykkieLiLykkieLi Posts: 6,644
    Forum Member
    R410 wrote: »
    Just found this on a picture posted on Facebook:

(Mods this is not mine, so delete if needed)
    A load of nasty comments

Why do these idiots take such pleasure in misery?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    LykkieLi wrote: »
    Why do these idiots take such pleasure in misery?
    Pleasure? I see no pleasure taking. Just truth.

People who are driven to suicide because of actions out of their control deserve sympathy.
    But people who kill themselves because of their own actions, don't.
  • Options
    LykkieLiLykkieLi Posts: 6,644
    Forum Member
    R410 wrote: »
    Pleasure? I see no pleasure taking. Just truth.

People who are driven to suicide because of actions out of their control deserve sympathy.
    But people who kill themselves because of their own actions, don't.

Who wrote that nasty comment? Some one who knew her? Someone who's fault free?
  • Options
    DamandaDamanda Posts: 34,208
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This is a heavily moderated site but instead of alerting and ignoring, you all have chosen to launch personal insults against a forum member.

Vintage_girl's comments won't be seen by the person she made them about but yours will. How do you justify what you're doing?

Why are you telling me its moderated?
    Have you reported VG's post?
    Have you reported mine?
    In what way do they qualify for reporting?
    Where is the personal insult I have launched?

If you look at what I said I made a post that showed posting history that was odds with the FMs views on another FM being a dismissive and harsh regarding another persons woes (not a FM so the comparison is entirely apt).

You appear to have complained about people doing something while repeating the 'flaw' yourself.
    Weren't you told that when you point the finger there are 3 fingers pointing back at you?