Options

Jimmy Saville to be revealed as a paedophile? (Part 2)

Comments

• Options
    occyoccy Posts: 65,241
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    A few others who worked at the BBC at the time could be questioned, expecially who worked closely with Savile. "Shhh keep this quite, brush it under the carpet as he's big and we need Christmas shows to bring in the ratings"
  • Options
    twingletwingle Posts: 19,322
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    occy wrote: »
    Police knocking on peoples doors, just like the phone hacking scandal.

Yes, but high high will they go? Sadly I think there will be a lot of high honchos who will escape notice and justice
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This culture was different in the 70's and 80's women were just coming into the business with top jobs as it was more dominated by men. It still doesn't make it write, but we need to draw a line under this sooner than later, but seems a story will roll on and on.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    twingle wrote: »
    Yes, but high high will they go? Sadly I think there will be a lot of high honchos who will escape notice and justice

It's only likes of Liz Kershaw and a few people's words saying they were cuddled and groped by ? ... They need to give peoples names out unless she never saw the person. Is she and others scared, cause of a backlash. I'm not saying it was right, but was she referring to Jimmy Savile? No, why did she need to mention it at all, it's not as if it's effected her career or a person she is?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This must be complicated for George Entwistle and didn't expect to be thrown into this. Maybe Mark Thompson will be spoken too. James Moir / Francis Line will probably need to be called to speak up. Maybe former Radio 2 colleagues as well. God it could be a revolving door of oldies entering the BBC for statements soon.
  • Options
    whatever54whatever54 Posts: 6,456
    Forum Member
    well the interview on This Morning with the former boy scout was interesting, I'm no detective but:rolleyes: we walked round all these bends and corridors, through these double doors got to dressing room, person walked in on them etc etc, but no one noticed I was missing as we were only gone 2-3 minutes:o the walk to the dressing room alone sounded like it took a good few mins
  • Options
    AsmoAsmo Posts: 15,327
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    With his back to Camera, the guy who says he was molested by Savile in his dressing room as a 9 year old Cub Scout was just on ITV's This Morning - he made a point at the end of his interview of stating that all payment for his newspaper interview went to the NSPCC.
  • Options
    i4ui4u Posts: 55,024
    Forum Member
    Because they'd already had the story a few years, and tried to blow the whistle on him themselves (including speaking to police). It was well known he was protected as it was that he wasn't to be trusted around girls and women. People in media protect each other, most of the time so i could kind of understand why he wasnt being exposed, but i think if they would have known the full extent of all thats recently come forward they would have definitely done something about it. They were (and are) well used to celebs being screwed up (tho not specifically pedos) - as i have said before, most of them usually have huge problems, and when you see all these threads on showbiz a lot of the time its the less juicier stuff that gets reported on, usually even with the celebs consent - they are able to hide a lot more than people would think.

Well known to whom?

If you know who was protecting him then isn't it your duty to name names?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The BBC and other broadcasters need to draw a line under this. How can anyone have a trial or enquiry if former victims keep milking it on TV. You supposed to sell the story afterwards , not before.
  • Options
    tamara1969tamara1969 Posts: 81
    Forum Member
    festyflo wrote: »
    Hi, first post please be gentle. I've been following this thread since the start as someone who was abused by an older child, she was female and our next door neighbour, her mum and my mum were good friends, I was terrified of her, still am. I could never tell my father it'd break his heart.

I'm now a mum of 3 who are all my world and wanted to say please keep talking and should we be doing something to make sure we get full and honest answers to so many questions?

Welcome to the forum and I am sorry to read of your abuse. Your perspective on this subject will be appreciated.

I totally agree that we need to keep asking questions however awkward and probing they may be. The only worry is that once the answers are uncovered they are not revealed and those that have uncovered the truth are made to be silent.
  • Options
    jzeejzee Posts: 25,498
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    whatever54 wrote: »
    well the interview on This Morning with the former boy scout was interesting, I'm no detective but:rolleyes: we walked round all these bends and corridors, through these double doors got to dressing room, person walked in on them etc etc, but no one noticed I was missing as we were only gone 2-3 minutes:o the walk to the dressing room alone sounded like it took a good few mins
    You try and remember something from 30+ years ago while getting every detail 100% accurate.
    I actually find it more outrageous that nurses and other hospital staff stood back and allowed these terrible things to happen to vulnerable people in their care , than ER s actions (or lack of) . These people had a duty of care and what should be investigated is WHO they were scared of and WHY ?? Child protection hopefully has come a long way since the 60s and 70s but the nursing profession has always carried that duty of care and hearing that nurses stood by and allowed these things to happen both to vulnerable adults and children is shameful and makes me ashamed of my profession .:cry:
    I think it's clear now it was the management they were afraid of, as well as Savile himself.
    Alexis07 wrote: »
    He was allegedly abusing young girls as early as 1958 according to a report I saw a few days ago , saying he was sacked from his job in 1958 , as a nightclub manager for sexually abusing young females .
    He didn't get sacked, he just paid the girl's parents off.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Asmo wrote: »
    With his back to Camera, the guy who says he was molested by Savile in his dressing room as a 9 year old Cub Scout was just on ITV's This Morning - he made a point at the end of his interview of stating that all payment for his newspaper interview went to the NSPCC.

I did hear that at the end but still all sounded a bit of a dodgy account. His parents bought him a tie to give to Jimmy but he didn't actually give it to Jimmy (someone else did) yet Jimmy thanked him personally for it:rolleyes:
    I am not a 'Jimmy has done no wrong' person but sounded an odd account:o
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 461
    Forum Member
    I did hear that at the end but still all sounded a bit of a dodgy account. His parents bought him a tie to give to Jimmy but he didn't actually give it to Jimmy (someone else did) yet Jimmy thanked him personally for it:rolleyes:

I didn't watch the interview but that doesn't seem odd really, perhaps whoever gave the tie to JS told him who it was from, as the for the 2-3 minutes thing, it could have taken 30 seconds to travel down a few corridors which would have seemed alot further and interesting to a child. I shall have to watch it, do you think he's lying then?
  • Options
    What name??What name?? Posts: 26,623
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Never mind the BBC. I was appalled by the statements in the newspaper about nurses warning children to pretend to be alseep when Jimmy came to visit. Horrendous. Why was this man given keys to hospitals and mental homes? Why? Why was he allowed to wander around wards alone?.
    Not that man. Any person whether celeb, charity worker, politician, royalty, spiritual advisor or whatever. Any group that is considered above criticism, monitoring or assumed to be especially trusted is bound to attract paedophilesand others looking for victims (exept royalty of course because although they dont' self select - but their hangers on do) .
  • Options
    Forum Member
    The BBC and other broadcasters need to draw a line under this. How can anyone have a trial or enquiry if former victims keep milking it on TV. You supposed to sell the story afterwards , not before.

and sweep it all under the carpet again? "All it takes for evil to succeed it for a few good men to do nothing" If those responsible are not held accountable the cycle may continue. :cry:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 17,021
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Esther's on This Morning now.

She saying Savile 'fooled the nation' and that people didn't want to know. She's denying ever knowing anything, and that if she knew she would've reported him. She's suggesting it was a more innocent time.

Philip Schofield rightly pointing out that a kid being in the studio and asking for an autograph is one thing, but taking a kid off to your dressing room is odd.

Esther says her conscience is clear. She was a young researcher etc etc.(she wasn't a young researcher in the 70s, she was presenting That's Life), her one regret is that people didn't speak up more (calling Childline, for example), she has no memory of being told of any allegations.
  • Options
    SmallalienSmallalien Posts: 1,044
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I believe all the women who have come forward, they are plausible and corroborate each other.

This guy though, he's the wrong age, the wrong sex. His story doesn't chime with the others as they were almost tricked into feeling that they were willing participants and Savile had done nothing wrong or he showered them with gifts to mke them willing. This man's account of him saying 'I'm Jimmy Savile, no one will believe you' and just chucking a Jim'll Fix It badge just doesn't ring true.with their accounts. He was too clever and manipulative to admit it was abuse like that.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 115
    Forum Member
    she was not asked the right questions she refused to take up the hollie greig abuse case. theres proof she has been told in emails

she says she has been givin the full backing re her position but whats this ?

http://www.digitaljournal.com/article/334919#ixzz29YHzQaBn
  • Options
    Cyril_SneerCyril_Sneer Posts: 2,314
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i4u wrote: »
    Well known to whom?

If you know who was protecting him then isn't it your duty to name names?

Pretty much everyone in media at a certain level.

No you didn't know who was protecting him. He was regarded like one of those dark shadowy figures you just don't go there with and don't ask questions.

I know it sounds completely crazy, but he really was!

When he calls himself "the godfather" i can quite believe it, and the public find it ridiculous because he was mr "jingle jangle".

I'm starting to wonder just who was protecting him, obviously someone. There are definitely other "stars" the same too.
  • Options
    SmallalienSmallalien Posts: 1,044
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Esther Rantzen came out quite well in that interview. She pointed out that Shy Keenan is herself an abuse campaigner but she didn't contact the police herself, nor did she speak to Ray Wyre who she claims introduced her and Esther and was also an abuse campaigner. She was right to question why Keenan didn't report any of these supposed allegations herself and ask why she is any less culpable than Esther IF she DID indeed make these allegations to her.

I feel sorry for what happened to Shy Keenan but she is a shocking self publicist who will do anything to get her name in the paper.

Re Esther and the Holly Greig case - she's not on to discuss that case and I would see why she wouldn't.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 993
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

This will stick to the BBC forever.

Honest.

Just as Priests and little boys will always come up when anything to do with the Catholic church is in the news.

So whenever the BBC gets invovled in some news item, there will be people refering to the pedo ring and Savile.

And really, why should we trust a broadcaster to tell us the truth on ANYTHING, when they are seemingly deliberatley covering up this horrendous crime?

What else are they not telling us? Can we trust the BBC on issues of......sex? morality? relationships? Politics? Just what sort of wierdos work there and what secrets are hidden?

It seems a LOT of people want this swept under the carpet and forgotten.....again.

Why? Are they affraid of something?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 759
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    festyflo wrote: »
    and sweep it all under the carpet again? "All it takes for evil to succeed it for a few good men to do nothing" If those responsible are not held accountable the cycle may continue. :cry:

Agree with your sentiments.

Every time we hear about another child abuse scandal, be it by an individual or organisations, we hear about how if agencies had worked together they would of seen that something had to be done and the children would not have been let down.

I still find it hard to understand why all the previous enquiries when all put together did not alert people to investigate further. Nurses complained, children complained, seperate complaints were made to the police. And everytime it appears we let the children down.

I read an interesting piece by Dominic carman, the son of a lawyer. In it he says his father was such a great lawyer that his father may have helped Saville escape justice in relation to an incident, and that because people can retain great lawyers with money it helps in this matter.

I went into this thread with an open mind. i then began to look further for myself. People may think it is all a conspiracy theory and the threads when joined up mean nothing. I am sure this was said about casa pia, dutroux, rochdale, kincora, magdelene laundries, belfast. People did not believe the children, it is only rumours people said.

The best protection these perverts get is the protection we give them by closing our eyes and ears.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Superior wrote: »
    This will stick to the BBC forever.

Honest.

Just as Priests and little boys will always come up when anything to do with the Catholic church is in the news.

So whenever the BBC gets invovled in some news item, there will be people refering to the pedo ring and Savile.

And really, why should we trust a broadcaster to tell us the truth on ANYTHING, when they are seemingly deliberatley covering up this horrendous crime?

What else are they not telling us? Can we trust the BBC on issues of......sex? morality? relationships? Politics? Just what sort of wierdos work there and what secrets are hidden?

It seems a LOT of people want this swept under the carpet and forgotten.....again.

Why? Are they affraid of something?

I couldn't agree more and it seems a few of them are posting on this thread. Don't these people want the answers to these important questions. Don't these people want to know how it happened and who was involved to ensure it never happens again? very odd!
  • Options
    MutterMutter Posts: 3,269
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Very true Alison Phillips who writes in the Mirror. Police Stations would be full to the top.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/jimmy-savile-child-abuse-gripes-1382912
    A very good article, I agree with every word.
    The women claiming to have had their breast felt are actually undermining the exposure of this sick individual and are very selfish.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Smallalien wrote: »
    I believe all the women who have come forward, they are plausible and corroborate each other.

This guy though, he's the wrong age, the wrong sex. His story doesn't chime with the others as they were almost tricked into feeling that they were willing participants and Savile had done nothing wrong or he showered them with gifts to mke them willing. This man's account of him saying 'I'm Jimmy Savile, no one will believe you' and just chucking a Jim'll Fix It badge just doesn't ring true.with their accounts. He was too clever and manipulative to admit it was abuse like that.

glad I'm not alone, I felt something didn't chime too, I am also at the stage of thinking speak to the police or enquiry (daytime tv shows/tabloids seems the wrong route to go down) :confused: I also kept getting distracted thinking it was Mitch Winehouse:o
This discussion has been closed.