Options

Prisoner Cell Block H

Comments

• Options
    GroutyGrouty Posts: 34,043
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Im sure ive got the Edna Pearson somewhere as well, wonder if its worth watching those instead of the normal Prisoner ones, then when those are finished, continue it on from Prisoner again, as im a bit lost at the minute, or do the Edna ones miss bits of Prisoner out, as its manily focused on her.
  • Options
    Hit Em Up StyleHit Em Up Style Posts: 12,141
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yeah I would buy the Edna episodes and watch them before returning back to the cut versions on the box set. So much is missing on the boxset version of the episodes. I'm surprised they didn't update the episodes for the UK release but they just kept them the same as in Oz.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just dug it out, i knew i had it somewhere :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,040
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    First appearance of the Freak and those black leather gloves! :eek:

Chrissie's back inside for "doing the double" and trying to go interstate. But correct me if I'm wrong-didn't she go on the run with Mick, Elizabeth's father? Then all of a sudden she's back living with her brother and sister in law (who has a new head :D) and working in the bar. Or maybe I've forgotten something somewhere along the line. I've watched so many episodes recently that I'm probably confusing myself. :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,138
    Forum Member
    Ms Katt wrote: »
    First appearance of the Freak and those black leather gloves! :eek:

Chrissie's back inside for "doing the double" and trying to go interstate. But correct me if I'm wrong-didn't she go on the run with Mick, Elizabeth's father? Then all of a sudden she's back living with her brother and sister in law (who has a new head :D) and working in the bar. Or maybe I've forgotten something somewhere along the line. I've watched so many episodes recently that I'm probably confusing myself. :D

Glad you mentioned that because I was wondering the same thing, what happened with her? Did they abandon the story or did I just forget the outcome? I seem to remember her going back on the game and Meg paying her a visit and catching her in the act but I don't seem to remember much after that. :confused:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She didn't go on the run with Mick, from what i remember, 2x policemen were at the care home where Elizabeth was (or whatever it was called) recognised him, and eventually went round to where they were staying and arrested him, later on Chrisse was spotted in the dole queue by Meg, claiming money under loads of different names, which she was eventually nabbed for, as i think her sister inlaw dobbed her in for it, and the police picked her up when she was trying to flee the country, then later she got transferred to Barnhurst, and was never seen again, as she had other commitments or something, so they couldn't bring her back, shame really, as i liked Chrissie.:)

Started watching from 463 again last-night, the un-edited ones, makes sense now, saw Edna being brought in, and saw a scene where she was in the dining room (or was it the rec room, i forgot now), telling Judy and the others the story of why shes in.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks, Grouty, that's jogged my memory! :)

Amanda Muggleton did a lot of theatre work which is presumably why we didn't see Chrissy again. Although I am looking forward to her eventual run in with Neil Murray!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ms Katt wrote: »
    Thanks, Grouty, that's jogged my memory! :)

Amanda Muggleton did a lot of theatre work which is presumably why we didn't see Chrissy again. Although I am looking forward to her eventual run in with Neil Murray!

I think it was that :)

Neil Murray the psycho doc :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Another riot going on now, and it looks like Reb's bitten it :eek: :(:D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,138
    Forum Member
    mad Dr. Kate and Sandy Edwards have just arrived and what's 'er name just hanged herself.

I do like Sandy but can't remember what happens to her, is she the one who decides to escape in the garbage thing only to end getting crushed to death?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lil lexie wrote: »
    mad Dr. Kate and Sandy Edwards have just arrived and what's 'er name just hanged herself.

I do like Sandy but can't remember what happens to her, is she the one who decides to escape in the garbage thing only to end getting crushed to death?

Yeah thats her, but i think Peterson killed her. :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    In last night's viewing-Chrissie's back to her old lagging ways. :p

The Freak was going to stop her seeing Elizabeth so she spilled the beans on Bea's plan to frame Ferguson for "having it off" with the dull Hannah Simpson.

And that Donna's leading Suzie astray. :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I like seeing the soft side to the Freak, shes a right **** to all the women, but she really cares for that kid Shane :)
  • Options
    speedy_gonzalesspeedy_gonzales Posts: 1,167
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i have watched the first 35 episodes and i have to say that wonky lyn warner drives me nuts she is just so stupid sometimes.

also found it a bit odd the way that some characters have just vanished,like the women who ran over her daughters rapist,her and her family had a lot of screentime then they just disappear,also jean the social worker just vanishes without no explanation.
  • Options
    Paul1511Paul1511 Posts: 11,584
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    i have watched the first 35 episodes and i have to say that wonky lyn warner drives me nuts she is just so stupid sometimes.

also found it a bit odd the way that some characters have just vanished,like the women who ran over her daughters rapist,her and her family had a lot of screentime then they just disappear,also jean the social worker just vanishes without no explanation.

What you must remember is that the show was originally supposed to be a 16 part (increased to 20) mini series, but then it as decided to become an on going serial.

As such, they needed to start expanding storylines beyond the original ideas that would have seen a conclusion in the mini series.

The episode where the young girl is raped was very random in so much that we were given an insight to a family we had never seen before. A lot of time was put into the build up to the murder and the aftermath, yet once the story had been resolved and Catherine Roberts had been convicted, there wasn't then really much more to do with her, so they shipped her to another block.

I guess it was just experimenting with ideas in the early stages, there were other similar moments of randomness with other outsiders that ended up inside such as Melinda Cross, Clara Goddard and Susan Rice.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I remember when Jean Vernon just vanished, was after that they got Paul Reed wasn't it ?

I remember the girl who got raped, it was the bloke her dad worked for, or a friend of his or something wasn't it.
  • Options
    zx50zx50 Posts: 91,276
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Grouty wrote: »
    I like seeing the soft side to the Freak, shes a right **** to all the women, but she really cares for that kid Shane :)

She was a right pig to the women, because it was a female prisoner who killed her lesbian prisoner girlfriend in another prison. From then on, she saw all female prisoners as scum. She made a massive generalisation about them, basically. She tended to show her softer side to people outside the prison.
  • Options
    Lou KellyLou Kelly Posts: 2,778
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    zx50 wrote: »
    She tended to show her softer side to people outside the prison.

And her dog, Major (named after her Dad). :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    zx50 wrote: »
    She was a right pig to the women, because it was a female prisoner who killed her lesbian prisoner girlfriend in another prison. From then on, she saw all female prisoners as scum. She made a massive generalisation about them, basically. She tended to show her softer side to people outside the prison.

Yeah i remember that, was shown when she took her father to Sydney for some tests, as she went to visit her grave, and she was having a dream about it.

Shame what happened to her dog Major. :(
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,546
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Joan did try and be good to the women at least twice and each time they took advantage and took the piss out of her, so she reverted to type. Sad really.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah i remember when she started treating them well, but you can't really blame them for not believing she'd changed, as she'd treated them bad for so long.

Watched Winter escaping by helicopter last night, was hilarious that dummy that was supposed to be her hanging off it when it went back up in the air :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That social worker didn't last long, only been it it about 2 minutes, then he got stabbed by that Psycho Bev, who im sure was in Neighbours, Janes mother or something i think, shes a right nut job in this :eek:
  • Options
    Hit Em Up StyleHit Em Up Style Posts: 12,141
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I remember when Jean Vernon just vanished, was after that they got Paul Reed wasn't it ?

I remember the girl who got raped, it was the bloke her dad worked for, or a friend of his or something wasn't it.

Jean Vernon was so bizzare. She actually disappeared for ages then turned up at Meg's flat for 1 episode moving her stuff back in, without even asking Meg, but then wasn't seen again. :confused::D

I've always wondered if there was problems with the actress or something?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jean Vernon was so bizzare. She actually disappeared for ages then turned up at Meg's flat for 1 episode moving her stuff back in, without even asking Meg, but then wasn't seen again. :confused::D

I've always wondered if there was problems with the actress or something?

Yes, she did seem to go rather abruptly and I can't find any explanation. But I didn't mind as I found her rather annoying. :p

Much preferred Paul Reed, and we know the actor left due to illness but still wrote some of the scripts after his character's departure.

Last night's episode saw Margo escape from Barnhurst and turn up at Judy's halfway house then nicking Meg's car and running some poor bloke over. Meg not wanting to implicate the halfway house is done for contempt of court and it ends with her being led into Wentworth as a prisoner-oh dear oh dear! :D

And Neil Murray's now on the payroll! Watch out, Chrissie! :eek:
  • Options
    stud u likestud u like Posts: 42,100
    Forum Member
    That social worker didn't last long, only been it it about 2 minutes, then he got stabbed by that Psycho Bev, who im sure was in Neighbours, Janes mother or something i think, shes a right nut job in this :eek:

Bev "The Beast" Baker played by the lovely Maggie Dence was in "Neighbours" as the wonderful Dorothy Burke.