Options

Worst advert on TV at the moment (Part 8)

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13,572
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just saw IKEA new advert.

Its some kids playing with some people dressed up as Monkeys and animals ect and going crazy then they all sit down at the table and zoom into the mirror and it reveals that the animals are the kids parents but wearing weird outfits making the kids imagine the parents are animals

You beat me to it, I was just coming on to say about it :mad:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 29,701
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Brad Pitt's monologue in that Chanel No 5 advert is just crap.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 21,093
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't know if it's the worst but I've just seen an advert for hair transplants with a load of cricketers and I'm crying laughing, not at hair transplants, but at the naffness and terrible music (plus Shane Warne's eyebrows)
  • Options
    SuperAPJSuperAPJ Posts: 10,402
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ghanastar wrote: »
    The Brad Pitt one for Chanel - what on earth is he babbling on about?!?

I don't know but he is looking rough (said the oil painting).
  • Options
    Wynne EvansWynne Evans Posts: 1,066
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    maurice45 wrote: »

i prefer the term moronlogue :D
  • Options
    GoCompareThisGoCompareThis Posts: 10,260
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    IKEA - WTF... just... W...T...F?

Kitty Bingo - You gotta be freaking kidding me, ANOTHER Bingo advert?!
  • Options
    Andy23Andy23 Posts: 15,928
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    LYNN(E) wrote: »
    :mad:That lottery ad where their Saturday numbers came up on Wednesday
    why did they use such a horrible looking man for that bit, almost as if they are saying something about people who play the Health Lottery.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 29,701
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Money Supermarket.
  • Options
    mo mousemo mouse Posts: 38,822
    Forum Member
    I absolutely loathe that old woman called Betty (Joyce's friend) on the Wonga.com adverts. She's lucky that a half decent bloke like Earl is interested in her in the first place. Stupid old sow.
  • Options
    conceptasconceptas Posts: 739
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    mo mouse wrote: »
    I absolutely loathe that old woman called Betty (Joyce's friend) on the Wonga.com adverts. She's lucky that a half decent bloke like Earl is interested in her in the first place. Stupid old sow.

Is Betty the blonde bimbo one of the two ? Always get them mixed up.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The new Post Office advert. What a load of pretentious CRAP! :mad:

DFS - There are Elves and they are playing Christmas music. We haven't had Halloween or Bonfire Night yet. SOD OFF DFS!! :mad:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 803
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    "Little boxes on the hill side...."

I. HATE. THAT. "SONG". :mad:
  • Options
    Danno2020Danno2020 Posts: 281
    Forum Member
    There is a new (ish) ad for Febreeze on at the moment where a bunch of "Real people, not actors" are brought into a scruffy looking mens toilet and make out it smells fresh as a daisy.

Ah this reminds me of an advert that always did my head in. Think it was febreeze, where they put blindfolded people in a men's locker room (why all the men = smelly abuse anyway??) and sprayed febreeze (or whatever tat it was). One woman said "it feels like I'm being hit in the face with flowers" or something. WHO THE BLEEB says such a thing?? What a dozy mare... :mad: I just don't get why, of ALL things you could say, she said that, and worded it like that too. Why. Just, why?
  • Options
    Yoshi FanYoshi Fan Posts: 13,921
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    DFS for sneaking in a shamefully early Christmas advert!:mad: By all means advertise your in-time-for-Christmas delivery, but don't make it a Christmas advert.

Should be NO Christmas adverts before December 1st in my opinion.
  • Options
    DeltaBluesDeltaBlues Posts: 4,256
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    maurice45 wrote: »

I was really hoping that was going to be a spoof 'profound' advert for Pot Noodle or something, but no, it was the usual pretentious perfume bollox.
  • Options
    ilovenicnacsilovenicnacs Posts: 43,660
    Forum Member
    elena wrote: »
    Although I've made this point before, it's not the nicey-nicey 2.4 kids family out playing I Spy they really have to worry about.. I'd have thought kids playing near the tracks on their own or people out drunk would be more relevant to the dangers of a railway line. :confused:

.. Whilst it is depressing, it's nowhere near as creepy (read borderline child abuse nightmare inducing and terrifying) as some of the public safety information ads we used to get:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sg6IVUvVsAs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bjgeUiNwtEU&feature=related

... and that's BEFORE mentioning the Charley Says ones, where if the message didn't give you nightmares, the freaky animation would! :eek:

Does anyone remember the one with the contest where all the children had to do games like running through a train tunnel and the train would come and kill some of them each time and the parents would come and cover them up, really strange and I still hate going anywhere near train tracks even now!
  • Options
    IJoinedInMayIJoinedInMay Posts: 26,329
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There is a new (ish) ad for Febreeze on at the moment where a bunch of "Real people, not actors" are brought into a scruffy looking mens toilet and make out it smells fresh as a daisy.

What interests me is this "not actors" claim as the last person to appear (the black woman) has a remarkable similarity to one of the characters in The Bill from around 8 - 10 years ago.

For the life of me, I can't remember the characters name but i do remember she was a PC (she might have even became a sgt) who at one point was suspended after being accused of beating a suspect to death.

Anyone else spotted this or remember who the character was to allow us to double check?

Seems a bit of a con if i'm right.

I think I recognise the character you're referring to. Yvonne Hemmingway?
  • Options
    cantelpitcantelpit Posts: 403
    Forum Member
    The Santander ad set in Shrewsbury where members of the public get told how many "Piends" they will save:mad:
  • Options
    sarahj1986sarahj1986 Posts: 11,305
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    2 adverts...

1, activia I've noticed has dropped martine and now has some random person promoting it.

2, toys r us...that dreadful Xmas advert is back AGAIN, they didn't learn from last year!
  • Options
    GroutyGrouty Posts: 34,140
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The heads in the coffee beans, gives me the sodding creeps.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    sarahj1986 wrote: »
    2 adverts...

1, activia I've noticed has dropped martine and now has some random person promoting it.

2, toys r us...that dreadful Xmas advert is back AGAIN, they didn't learn from last year!

So they are still using that crap one from last year? BRING BACK THE CLASSIC!
  • Options
    sarahj1986sarahj1986 Posts: 11,305
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So they are still using that crap one from last year? BRING BACK THE CLASSIC!

Yes I saw it earlier today :mad: I want Geoffrey back!!
  • Options
    eXOBeXeXOBeX Posts: 38
    Forum Member
    j22kh wrote: »
    "Little boxes on the hill side...."

I. HATE. THAT. "SONG". :mad:

That one always reminds me of Roy Chubby Brown, it's one of the lines in his "Last 24 Hours" medley.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 533
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    For some reason the ASDA pie advert makes me cringe everytime I see it. Perhaps because some herbert seems to have had a camera stuck in front of him and told to talk about pies for 5 minutes.

"I love pies."
    "I grew up on pies."
    "I really like pies. Can I go now?"
    "Um, can't think of anything else to say about pies. Do I really have to carry on?"

Also the really bad haircut makes him look like a pie.

It's a close second to the sex chat channel ad using a 50 year old to encourage men to phone a premium rate sex line. Am I on the only person who fails to see the hidden attraction of rough 50 year women?
  • Options
    EastEnders-1105EastEnders-1105 Posts: 11,022
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    tinkie wrote: »
    You beat me to it, I was just coming on to say about it :mad:

:D Sorry about that :D
This discussion has been closed.