Options

Girls Aloud - New Single - Children In Need 2012

Comments

• Options
    Littlegreen42Littlegreen42 Posts: 19,964
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The Radio 1 live lounge is probably a part of their promo circuit, also Daybreak, This Morning and possibly Jonathan Ross?
  • Options
    tracystapestracystapes Posts: 3,309
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    EP at #33 on iTunes. Still strong :D
  • Options
    cnbcwatchercnbcwatcher Posts: 56,681
    Forum Member
    EP at #33 on iTunes. Still strong :D

I presume that's on pre-orders?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I presume that's on pre-orders?

Yes :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    EP at #57 on pre-order album chart. Brilliant still :)
  • Options
    glyn9799glyn9799 Posts: 7,391
    Forum Member
    I absolutely love this song. After repeat listens I can say it definitely ranks up among their best. However, just like a lot of their singles (Sexy, No No No! in particular) it ends FAR too early. That outro should be extended by at least 2 minutes :D

GA really do have a fantastic back catalogue of singles and I expect 'Ten' to sell incredibly well.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The best part of 'Sexy No No No' was the intro. That was epic. A lot of people said that's really where the best part of the song ends because the rest of it sounds nothing like the intro.
  • Options
    KieranDSKieranDS Posts: 16,545
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The best part of 'Sexy No No No' was the intro. That was epic. A lot of people said that's really where the best part of the song ends because the rest of it sounds nothing like the intro.

I think I read that the intro and the rest of the song started out as two separate songs, but Xenomania cut and paste them together because it sounded good.

They did that with a lot of songs.
  • Options
    kenny12kenny12 Posts: 1,310
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sunny B wrote: »
    The World Tour that was cut short you mean?

Cut short?

The Return of the Spice Girls world tour was announced as having 12 dates... they eventually went on to play 47. LOL. It was the highest grossing tour of the 07-08 season beating the likes of Led Zepplin for goodness sake!

When Girls Aloud manage to sell out venues like Madison Square Gardens in New York.... come back and try again lol.

Their mini-tour is UK only.. and there seems to be hardly any demand even here.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    And not even mentioning the Spice Girls sell out shows across Europe Canada and the USA... According to Forbes magazine 17 nights at the O2 Arena sold out within one minute...

Let's see if Girls Aloud can sell out The Nottingham Arena.... :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    KieranDS wrote: »
    I think I read that the intro and the rest of the song started out as two separate songs, but Xenomania cut and paste them together because it sounded good.

They did that with a lot of songs.

That makes sense then. But I would love to hear the song that the intro from 'S,NNN' belonged to! :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That makes sense then. But I would love to hear the song that the intro from 'S,NNN' belonged to! :)

This was Sexy! No No No as a development track....
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ssYFhgTjd5M
    From 1:20 it sounds like the music they play in Nandos :D
  • Options
    Julie_EvansJulie_Evans Posts: 2,868
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    kenny12 wrote: »
    Cut short?

The Return of the Spice Girls world tour was announced as having 12 dates... they eventually went on to play 47. LOL. It was the highest grossing tour of the 07-08 season beating the likes of Led Zepplin for goodness sake!

When Girls Aloud manage to sell out venues like Madison Square Gardens in New York.... come back and try again lol.

Their mini-tour is UK only.. and there seems to be hardly any demand even here.

The tour was still cut short though - that's true yeah?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    And not even mentioning the Spice Girls sell out shows across Europe Canada and the USA... According to Forbes magazine 17 nights at the O2 Arena sold out within one minute...

Let's see if Girls Aloud can sell out The Nottingham Arena.... :D

I bet GA will do better with their CIN single than the Spice Girls did :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This was Sexy! No No No as a development track....
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ssYFhgTjd5M
    From 1:20 it sounds like the music they play in Nandos :D

That sounds quite good actually :D not keen on the instrumental as such though :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Something Kinda Oooh - demo http://youtu.be/R-KcXBVbIe0
    Long Hot Summer - alternative version http://youtu.be/z1jor5FhxXM

I love hearing songs before they were fully made.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Something Kinda Oooh - demo http://youtu.be/R-KcXBVbIe0
    Long Hot Summer - alternative version http://youtu.be/z1jor5FhxXM

I love hearing songs before they were fully made.

Me too :D

The most disappointing demo I heard was 'No Good Advice'. That was definitely improved for the better.

I want this box set :( (not sure if the official website still sell it!)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Does anybody remember with 3/4 of the CD singles (I think it was 'the show' 'love machine' and 'biology'..plus another I can't remember) you would get a game on the disc to play on the computer? It was so fun :D The girls in powerpuff style characters.

I think 'Wake Me Up' was the other game.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The tour was still cut short though - that's true yeah?

How can it be cut short when it was extended from 12 dates to 47?

The confusion lies in that the tour went where demand was highest.. The USA, Canada, UK and Europe.

Huge arenas just kept selling out and selling out. They kept adding dates in these places to meet demand.

Places where demand wasn't as fierce, Asia, South Africa, South America.. dates were scrapped.

The only other place where there was huge demand was Australia and the management didn't see any point in taking this huge production across the world when they could make the more money in the US....

Not sayng it was fair on fans - but let's be clear here, the tour was not cut short.
    Dates were scrapped in other parts of the world due to unexpected demand in the US, Canada Uk and Europe. Where maximum money could be made with less effort.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I bet GA will do better with their CIN single than the Spice Girls did :D

Well, when the Girls Aloud tickets go on sale tomorrow let's see if they sell out all 12 dates within one minute lol.

The Spice Girls sold out 17 nights at the O2 within a minute...
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well, when the Girls Aloud tickets go on sale tomorrow let's see if they sell out all 12 dates within one minute lol.

Oh who cares. The Spice Girls aren't on the scene anymore and GA are. There's no point comparing them because one act is on the scene, the other isn't. Great news for Spice girls that they were so successful but it really doesn't matter to GA.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Notice how you skip the CIN single, you really should be a politcian. You're brilliant at avoiding questions and your spin on the tour being cut short was fantastic :D:D

Spice Girls are history now - thanks to Posh, they'll never reform. Still, you'll always have your memories Kenny ;)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh who cares. The Spice Girls aren't on the scene anymore and GA are. There's no point comparing them because one act is on the scene, the other isn't. Great news for Spice girls that they were so successful but it really doesn't matter to GA.

Not on the scene?

They performed in front of billions of people at this years Olympics and stole the show.

Their musical Viva Forever! by Jennifer Saunders and Mamma Mia! creator Judy Craymer opens this winter....

lol.

Can't wait to see Girls Aloud on Strictly!!!11 I got my tix for Nottingham!1 haha

And just FYI -

Girls Aloud have sold 4million records....
    Geri Halliwell SOLO sold 12 million.
    Melanie C SOLO sold 10 Million.
    The Spice Girls sold 80 Million.

You're right... no comparison!

It's like comparing Peter Andre to Michael Jackson. :rolleyes:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not on the scene?

They performed in front of billions of people at this years Olympics and stole the show.

Their musical Viva Forever! by Jennifer Saunders and Mamma Mia! creator Judy Craymer opens this winter....

lol.

Can't wait to see Girls Aloud on Strictly!!!11 I got my tix for Nottingham!1 haha

And just FYI -

Kenny go and take a lay down please. Because I sure as hell need one.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not on the scene?

lol.

And just FYI -

Not still banging on about the Olympics are you? :yawn::yawn::sleep: And they did not steal the show, in your world of course they did, other's would disagree.

They are not together now though are they? Not as a band, not ever thanks to Posh.

A musical? Completely separate. That's like saying ABBA are still 'on the scene' because of Mama Mia :confused: