Options

Cowardly thugs.

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,471
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Whothaman wrote: »
    Whilst I agree to a certain extent, first and foremost it should be about making people face the consequences of their actions. If that means an extremely long prison sentence then so be it. Punishment first then rehabilitation.

BIB I totally agree with you. You can never learn from what you have done unless you face it. For me it should be half and half.
  • Options
    OhWhenTheSaintsOhWhenTheSaints Posts: 12,531
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    hyena wrote: »
    It's the only solution sometimes.

If that bastard had been set upon after dooing that and given a f****** good beating, I doubt he'd be so ready to go around kicking people any more.

It's never the only solution. And the likely hood is he WOULD do it again.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,801
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

It's possible in the minority of cases but in my experience a good beating makes cowards like that think twice in future. I mean a really good beating. Hospitalised with broken limbs.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's possible in the minority of cases but in my experience a good beating makes cowards like that think twice in future. I mean a really good beating. Hospitalised with broken limbs.

I've had plenty of beatings.They just made me even more angry when I took one which DIDN'T make me want to change my ways. The love and care that people around me showed me made me change my ways.
  • Options
    zx50zx50 Posts: 91,308
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

So you'd let someone beat you up without raising a hand to them? Bloody sure I wouldn't.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    zx50 wrote: »
    So you'd let someone beat you up without raising a hand to them? Bloody sure I wouldn't.

No. There's a difference between self defence and just bringing yourself down to their level.
  • Options
    DinkyDoobieDinkyDoobie Posts: 17,786
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Never Nude wrote: »
    Rehabilitation has nothing to do with molly coddling. Its about trying to bring down re offending rates. I would be first in line to give these two a good slap, but we need to think in the long term.

Stop trying to treat the symptoms, jail should be a punishment and a bloody good one. if you want to tackle crime do it before they get to prison.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's the only solution sometimes.

If that bastard had been set upon after dooing that and given a f****** good beating, I doubt he'd be so ready to go around kicking people any more.

That is going to solve absolutely nothing. In fact it will only cause problems. if we want people to be productive members of society they need to think society does give a shit about them.being violent towards them will only worsen the divide.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Stop trying to treat the symptoms, jail should be a punishment and a bloody good one. if you want to tackle crime do it before they get to prison.

So what? as soon as they are in prison we should just simply give up on them? yes of course prevention is better then cure, but if we just cast them out then it will only worsen crime rates. Of course I want people to be punished, but we need to think of what happens to them once they get out of prison.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That is going to solve absolutely nothing. In fact it will only cause problems. if we want people to be productive members of society they need to think society does give a shit about them.being violent towards them will only worsen the divide.

We're supposed to feel sympathy towards people beating up OAP's?

But they came from a poor broken home, it's not their fault... we care, we want to understand and help you not to do it again, it wasn't entirely your fault it was the environment you were brought up in. Give me a break.

Loads of people come from the same situation and they dont go around attacking people. bloody good slap a long time staring at walls eating shit and some hard work, make them think twice.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    We're supposed to feel sympathy towards people beating up OAP's?

But they came from a poor broken home, it's not their fault... we care, we want to understand and help you not to do it again, it wasn't entirely your fault it was the environment you were brought up in. Give me a break.

Loads of people come from the same situation and they dont go around attacking people. bloody good slap a long time staring at walls eating shit and some hard work, make them think twice.

Since when have I given any sympathy to these thugs :confused::confused: I think you are completely misreading my posts.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Since when have I given any sympathy to these thugs :confused::confused: I think you are completely misreading my posts.

Why should society give a shit about people who attack vulnerable people? Isn't that sympathy?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,147
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Liberals cause society to become like it is today. These thugs gave up their rights when they did what they did. The victim lives in fear whilst the Liberals try and make excuses for such scum. Lock these thugs up and don't bother trying to "change them" or better still execute them. Who would miss them? Send a clear message I say.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Why should society give a shit about people who attack vulnerable people? Isn't that sympathy?

No, again go back and read my posts properly. I said they should be punished and face the consequences of their actions. After that they should be rehabilitated so they don't re offend and can be integrated back into society. If society gives up on them all that will happen is they go straight out of prison, re-offend, and then go straight back in.

Look at America, a country with a notoriously hard prison system, then compare it to Norway, who would make you balk at their 'namby pamby liberalness'. Tell me who has the lowest re-offending rates.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    CaveMan wrote: »
    Liberals cause society to become like it is today. These thugs gave up their rights when they did what they did. The victim lives in fear whilst the Liberals try and make excuses for such scum. Lock these thugs up and don't bother trying to "change them" or better still execute them. Who would miss them? Send a clear message I say.

What clear message exactly? of course I forget, crime only happened when we abolished the death penalty. Society being the way it is today did not cause this, people have been assaulting each other for hundreds and hundreds of years,
  • Options
    Alan1981Alan1981 Posts: 5,416
    Forum Member
    Looks like a racist attack to me.

Strange that the majority of posters here would be saying the same thing if the ethnicity's were reversed.
  • Options
    U96U96 Posts: 13,937
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I wonder if they'd have kicked a fellow black man?.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Alan1981 wrote: »
    Strange that the majority of posters here would be saying the same thing if the ethnicity's were reversed.

I don't have enough facts to know if it was racist or not. To me the fact that they kicked a pensioner in the back shows that they went after the most vulnerable person they could find, someone who didn't have a hope in hell of defending themselves. :(
  • Options
    spookedspooked Posts: 1,241
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    gother wrote: »
    I don't normally post Daily mail rubbish but i .........

LOL, another "I hate the Daily Mail" dude...who, by definition, is obviously a Daily Mail reader.

Admit it gother,,,you love the DM. :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

If we gave up on people who have done bad things, we wouldn't have much of a society...
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No, again go back and read my posts properly. I said they should be punished and face the consequences of their actions. After that they should be rehabilitated so they don't re offend and can be integrated back into society. If society gives up on them all that will happen is they go straight out of prison, re-offend, and then go straight back in.

Look at America, a country with a notoriously hard prison system, then compare it to Norway, who would make you balk at their 'namby pamby liberalness'. Tell me who has the lowest re-offending rates.

40% of the people in americas "harsh" prison system dont reoffend. The other 60% dont give a shit, **** em, it's hard to reoffend when you have life in prison.
  • Options
    spookedspooked Posts: 1,241
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If we gave up on people who have done bad things, we wouldn't have much of a society...

Putting people away for a while, to give them time to reconsider their actions...and give us all a break for a while from these scumbags...

....isn't "giving up on people"
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    40% of the people in americas "harsh" prison system dont reoffend. The other 60% dont give a shit, **** em, it's hard to reoffend when you have life in prison.

No it isn't...You could attack a prison guard or somebody in there for a lesser crime.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Yeah. Let's just ****, who cares what crime they commit in the future, who cares about the people they hurt then. I mean after all crime only effects one person. However you spin it 60% is ludicrous.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    spooked wrote: »
    Putting people away for a while, to give them time to reconsider their actions...and give us all a break for a while from these scumbags...

....isn't "giving up on people"

I know...And I totally agree this is the best thing for them.