Options

Little Mix Discussion Thread - singles & upcoming debut album (Part 2)

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Stally wrote: »
    Turn Your Face and Red Planet are my favourite snippets. Have you guys heard the twitter rumour that LM might be supporting 1D on their US tour next year? :eek: I'm not sure if that's a good idea or a bad idea.

1D seems like nice lads but LM need to stay away from them because some of their American fans are crazy. "They're only using them for their fame"
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Me. I cant respect whoever wrote the song for so blatantly ripping off (I refuse to use the euphemism "sampling") the melody and lyrics from this:

Curiousity Killed the Cat - Name and Number

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mj9Onf6EnH0

I don't think LM are the only people to have used it. I know another few artists have used the melody and the chorus lyrics
  • Options
    casualviewercasualviewer Posts: 31,447
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Both Chem's and Shaunnashines' comments, plus, it would cast Little Mix in the subordinate role to 1D. Besides I dont recall a girl band ever supporting any boy band, arent they usually separate? I can see a mixed band supporting either.
    Chem wrote: »
    I don't think LM are the only people to have used it. I know another few artists have used the melody and the chorus lyrics

All the more reason not to retread that same ground yet again.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,671
    Forum Member
    Imo Wings and Stereo Soldier are similar in terms of the beat and the production, Wings and WAWWA are similar in terms of the message the song wants to give out.

Tbh the album isn't as diverse as they described it would be,

Change Your Life
    Always Be Together
    Pretend It's OK

Wings
    Stereo Soldier
    We Are Who We Are

DNA
    Red Planet
    Madhouse

the songs in each category are all very similar to each other.

So far the reviews are quite mixed, the negative ones are mostly about the songs being "dated" and the album "lacking dance tracks on it", which is exactly the reason why other people like it as it's quite a breath of fresh air after all the dance pop music dominating the charts at the moment, so I guess it'll most likely be a "either love it or hate it" album.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So far the reviews are quite mixed, the negative ones are mostly about the songs being "dated" and the album "lacking dance tracks on it", which is exactly the reason why other people like it as it's quite a breath of fresh air after all the dance pop music dominating the charts at the moment,

Weirdly enough, I think this puts them slightly ahead of the curve as I think the dance music is heading out the door in the next few months.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,057
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Eurgh...( I love the boys but) I hope not for a number of reasons.

The negativity towards Perrie would increase, '1D/Zayn make Little Mix famous' etc......

I love the boys too, and if this rumour turns out to be true then I would be really concerned for Perrie's safety if I were Syco as some of the fan girls can be seriously scary. Syco might just for the easier route and just get LM to support 1D on their tour instead of someone like Taylor Swift.

I also want the girls to make it on their own without the 1D connection, as it's not fair on Jesy, Leigh and Jade.
  • Options
    LandslideBradLandslideBrad Posts: 5,085
    Forum Member
    I kind of hope LM support someone like Demi Lovato.
    Cher Lloyd is supporting a band called Hot Chelle Rae. So maybe LM will be supporting someone of a complete different genre too? I really hope its not 1D for all the reasons above.
  • Options
    19921992 Posts: 4,677
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I really hope they dont support 1D aswell.

As they wouldn't want the support act to be better than the headliner ;)
  • Options
    OMGItsAnnieOMGItsAnnie Posts: 2,025
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think they will support 1D in the US as Simon Cowell thinks that will launch their career.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Stally wrote: »
    I love the boys too, and if this rumour turns out to be true then I would be really concerned for Perrie's safety if I were Syco as some of the fan girls can be seriously scary. Syco might just for the easier route and just get LM to support 1D on their tour instead of someone like Taylor Swift.

I also want the girls to make it on their own without the 1D connection, as it's not fair on Jesy, Leigh and Jade.

Things are beyond ridiculous now, for everything the girls do it will be linked to 1D somehow.

So the guy in the video is called Ryan... now if you replace "R" with "Z" and swap "a" and "y"... what do you get? ZAYN!

Oh dear god what a modification!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    nooneoo wrote: »
    So far the reviews are quite mixed, the negative ones are mostly about the songs being "dated" and the album "lacking dance tracks on it", which is exactly the reason why other people like it as it's quite a breath of fresh air after all the dance pop music dominating the charts at the moment, so I guess it'll most likely be a "either love it or hate it" album.

But do people know they were going for that sound? (dated/old skool). I rather have them stay away from the Dance trend. I bet you if they did release a few dance tracks on the album, everyone will be going "oh, they're just following the trend blah blah blah blah"

I like it that they are doing their own thing
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Chem wrote: »
    But do people know they were going for that sound? (dated/old skool). I rather have them stay away from the Dance trend. I bet you if they did release a few dance tracks on the album, everyone will be going "oh, they're just following the trend blah blah blah blah"

I like it that they are doing their own thing

Apparently not! To be fair to the girls though they HAVE BEEN hinting on the old school sound since day 1 so I don't know why people start moaning about it now. Personally I'm really glad they stayed away from the dance music trend. There are still 3 songs on the deluxe version we haven't heard of yet, maybe one of two of them are dance tracks, who knows.
  • Options
    19921992 Posts: 4,677
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There are still 3 songs on the deluxe version we haven't heard of yet, maybe one of two of them are dance tracks, who knows.

TBH I hope one of them is a dance track as its nice to have a bit of everything on the album. Dance tracks are great if they have a good beat :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    So these reviewers would rather an album full of Girls Aloud - Something New type songs? :s I'm sure in the future they will feature on a David Guetta/DJ Fresh/Calvin Harris song (and it will be epic) but that's not them, old school(ish) is Little Mix.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I'm not too certain about the different genres of music but is the album in any way urban/R&B? (the only song sounds urban to me is How Ya Doin, probably Wings and SS too).
  • Options
    OMGItsAnnieOMGItsAnnie Posts: 2,025
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I would class "Madhouse" as dance track.
  • Options
    Forum Member

8/10 is really good! But they want WAWWW or SS as a single :/

Really? I'd just say it was pure pop.
  • Options
    avon942avon942 Posts: 18,831
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

So would I:)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The whole album is full of the bloody lovely constant surprise that all four girls have got stonkin’ voices, at a time where so many bands have one or two strong singers and let the others do the “oohs ‘n’ aahs” in the background.

Thumbs up for that. I still love ABT though.
  • Options
    wise-upwise-up Posts: 2,023
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I agree that little mix shouldn't support 1D. I Think it would be good if they supported cher lloyd if she goes on tour, they seem more suited to her fans.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    wise-up wrote: »
    I agree that little mix shouldn't support 1D. I Think it would be good if they supported cher lloyd if she goes on tour, they seem more suited to her fans.

Supporting Cher Lloyd probably isn't the best idea either, they are quite similar to Cher in a way (especially Jade), people might claim them to be "4 Cher Lloyds".
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,231
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'd prefer they do their own small tour.

Btw, Wings is probably gonna be out of top 20 videos in USA soon.
  • Options
    RayforeverRayforever Posts: 9,846
    Forum Member
    Supporting Cher Lloyd probably isn't the best idea either, they are quite similar to Cher in a way (especially Jade), people might claim them to be "4 Cher Lloyds".

Ive actually read that about little mix a few time this tour support rumor was started by a LM fan page on twitter i think its just that a rumor and more they would like them to support :rolleyes:
  • Options
    RayforeverRayforever Posts: 9,846
    Forum Member
    I'd prefer they do their own small tour.

Btw, Wings is probably gonna be out of top 20 videos in USA soon.

It must be about 4 weeks on for an almost unknown act its done good. I'd love to know what the sales where though:D
This discussion has been closed.