Options

The Norty Step (off-topic) (Part 2)

Comments

• Options
    -Sid--Sid- Posts: 29,365
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just watched Mary Berry and Paul Hollywood and could murder a french fancy right now . A pink one or a yellow one please .

Just as well PP cos I like the chocolate ones best :p

Mary's face when Paul was slamming that dough on the counter was a picture!
  • Options
    PinkPetuniaPinkPetunia Posts: 5,479
    Forum Member
    -Sid- wrote: »
    Just as well PP cos I like the chocolate ones best :p

Mary's face when Paul was slamming that dough on the counter was a picture!

I prayed for it to go flying across the room like Cathryns !! Help yourself to the choccy ones Sid I dont care so much for them .Mind you if I had a choccy one right now I would eat it, in fact I would eat a plain one !
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,231
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    -Sid- wrote: »
    One of the stand-out dances not only of that night, but the series overall, I thought BB.

I liked the first Halloween Night they did - remember Kara's Paso, Scott's Viennese Waltz and Patsy's Jive? But the novelty does wear off rather quickly, and there is a feeling of 'here we go again' this time round.

I want to appreciate Vincent & Robin. They made me proper 'lol' tonight on ITT :)

Hope you guys like Angel Cake by the way....x

I've only just seen your post Sid. I agree with the first halloween night there was Scott's viennese waltz and Kara's paso but they were again the only standout dances from amongst a pile of rubbish. They were the only dances that had decent music for them. It makes such a difference when the music is right (ok Felicity and Vincent had good music too but just did a mediocre dance). This Saturday's choices sound completely dire so I'm not expecting anything good!

Anyway I can now celebrate that it is half term and I get to have some much needed sleep :)

Edit: wasn't a massive fan of patsy's jive.
  • Options
    Bonnie96Bonnie96 Posts: 5,415
    Forum Member
    I've only just seen your post Sid. I agree with the first halloween night there was Scott's viennese waltz and Kara's paso but they were again the only standout dances from amongst a pile of rubbish. They were the only dances that had decent music for them. It makes such a difference when the music is right (ok Felicity and Vincent had good music too but just did a mediocre dance). This Saturday's choices sound completely dire so I'm not expecting anything good!

Anyway I can now celebrate that it is half term and I get to have some much needed sleep :)

Edit: wasn't a massive fan of patsy's jive.

Was that the Paso where Vincent threw off his jacket in victory at 'felling the bull'?

Loved the ending lol
  • Options
    BuddyBontheNetBuddyBontheNet Posts: 28,166
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Morning all! :)

Showtime! :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bonnie, it was a viennese waltz to the Shostakovich waltz. They started off in hooded capes on the balcony above the band and wasted plenty of time up there! I can't remember what Vincent did at the end though. I just remember being underwhelmed!

Morning all, I am having a very lazy morning to celebrate the start of half term. I managed to sleep until nearly 9 am :) (which is pretty good going for me) and I've loafed around since. It's bloomin' freezin here this morning and the wind is really strong (though at least the sky is blue and the sun has put in an appearance). I think a couple of fence panels have nearly taken off along with some garden furniture so I suppose I ought to go and sort them out! Unfortunately I don't want to leave my warm house.

As I said, I hate halloween theme week so not looking forward to Strictly that much tonight, but I am possibly to Paloma Faith singing. I thought the song made a good viennese waltz so I'm looking forward to seeing whether she gets a pro dance VW to accompany her. I thought she was great on ITT last night. I thought her suggestion of Sid's music being "imaginative" was a good diplomatic way of saying she thought it was rubbish. The tone of voice gave her away!
    Actually I thought that ITT panel was rather good overall, though for the life of me I can't remember who the other panellst was beside Mel Giedroyc :o. Oh well I'll blame that on a half term fried brain!
  • Options
    StrictlyRedStrictlyRed Posts: 12,451
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hello Norties!:)

Bloomin' cold here today, too, and I can't see the grass in my garden due to the volume of fallen leaves!( My little dog was well camoflaged when she went out there earlier).:D

Never mind that though, because it's SCD day!

I've gone for Smarties and Hoola Hoops for my Strictly snacks this week. Not very sophisticated.:o

BB - the other ITT panellist was Larry Lamb. I did think he was a bit out of touch in suggesting that Sid could top the leader board.......or was he just being ironic?;)

Enjoy the show all - I know Halloween week isn't everyone's cup of tea.

Leaving a giant flask of hot chocolate for anyone who's feeling a bit chilly.:)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes please Red! And I've brought some hot cross buns. Help yourselves.

BB - Some celebrating going on in our house too as both my mum & brother are teachers. It really gets on my nerves the way some people dismiss teaching as an easy profession (because of all the hours and long holidays) when I've seen first hand just how much work they put in out-of-hours. Their workload is HUGE! I couldn't do it. Anyway, rant over :D

I'm quite looking forward to Halloween Night (more so than Hollywood anyway). I do want to see some wow dances SOON though.

Haven't seen Ed for a while. Hope he's ok. Didn't even get a chance to flirt with him :(:p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sid - teaching is currently belittled so relentlessly it's disgusting. I am with you on the rant as though I'm not a teacher I see a lot. I am potentially considering going into teaching as my career hopes haven't turned out how I was expecting, but I'm seeing a lot of things to put me off!

There definitely hasn't been a wow dance on Strictly yet this series. Lisa's latin dances made me smile, but they still don't have quite the 'boom' factor that makes me sit up, take notice and constantly go to rewatch the dance.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sid - I'm an ex teacher so I know just how your mum and brother, not to mention BB, are feeling about the half term, and I agree about the massive workload. ( I daresay they are doing a fair bit of it during the break, too). I was an Early Years teacher and all I ever heard was "that's easy, they don't do much writing so you don't have as much to mark"! You try teaching 30 ankle-biters who don't even know how to sit facing the right way.:eek::D

Making the job look easy took its toll, so am I mad in still trying to decide whether to go back to it?;)

BB - One of my former teaching assistants has just qualified as a teacher. If you go for it, at least you are going in with your eyes open, and will be under no illusions about the job.:)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ...You try teaching 30 ankle-biters who don't even know how to sit facing the right way.:eek::D...

Sounds no different to the secondary school where I work. I'm constantly amazed by the number of children who will try to sit facing backwards to the board/projector :rolleyes::eek:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    *Tidies up the step: throws rubbish in bin and sweeps up crumbs, plumps up the cushions and straightens the furniture*

Anyone around? As I thought last night was not my favourite show, but so pleased to see Michael and Natalie's dance. A proper quickstep and such an improvement. Victoria also made a big improvement too.
    Just waiting for the results show now. I don't like to read the spoilers in advance.

It's very cold again today here. I'm sat at home freezing. I'm wearing 4 layers and curled up under a duvet and I'm still cold. At least the heating should kick in soon. I think I'll be making myself another cup of tea to warm up though.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Wow, that's spooky - I was just coming to post on here!:eek:

wooooooo ...........Halloween:p:D

Don't really know what to make of that show, but the costumes alone were a real horror story. Who was cruel enough to put a short girl like Dani in orange knee high socks and Lisa in bright green tights!:eek:

Favourite performance: I was so pleased for Michael's transformation. Natalie is a great teacher.:)

Favourite costume: Victoria and Brendan (she performed well too.:))

Just about to have some hot buttered crumpets so leaving a plateful here.;)

P.S. I can never resist the spoiler thread so I know who leaves, but I shall still be watching the show!!

Keep warm BB.
  • Options
    PinkPetuniaPinkPetunia Posts: 5,479
    Forum Member
    First time in about three years I havnt looked at the Spoiler thread .I always cared too much about my favourite to wait .This year I dont have a favourite so not as tense about anyone going .I am hoping its Lisa but a feeling it wont be ,I am bored of her .Failing that Sid or Fern .

I think I might cheer on Michael , he genuinely wowed me last night .Natalie is amazing and I love their sense of fun
  • Options
    Mystical123Mystical123 Posts: 15,827
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    As I thought last night was not my favourite show, but so pleased to see Michael and Natalie's dance. A proper quickstep and such an improvement.

I agree with all of that :)

I'm going to miss Ola. Sid was rubbish the past couple of weeks and deserved to go on that basis, but poor Ola being eliminated after the week she's had. :( She's always fun on ITT as well, such a shame she's been eliminated so early. Another reason why I hate theme weeks, people who could build on their potential don't end up doing so because the dances have to be twisted to fit the stupid theme, then they get eliminated because of it!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just missed most of the results show .:mad:

Took the dog into the garden for a quick 5 minutes just before it started and slipped on some wet leaves on the path.

Crash landed on my left knee, twisted right foot and grazed both palms. I'm really sore and feeling sorry for myself now.:cry:

Not only that, it was so dark because of the clocks going back that I couldn't see properly where my dog went for a while.

Limping off to find some chocolate.........................
  • Options
    Bonnie96Bonnie96 Posts: 5,415
    Forum Member
    Just missed most of the results show .:mad:

Took the dog into the garden for a quick 5 minutes just before it started and slipped on some wet leaves on the path.

Crash landed on my left knee, twisted right foot and grazed both palms. I'm really sore and feeling sorry for myself now.:cry:

Not only that, it was so dark because of the clocks going back that I couldn't see properly where my dog went for a while.

Limping off to find some chocolate.........................

Oh, Red!!
    A classic catalogue of catastrophes!!

I treated myself to a bumper box of chocolates today - mixed milk, dark and white chocolate.
    Here, you have first choice (the more you take, the less I'll eat :)
  • Options
    Button62Button62 Posts: 8,463
    Forum Member
    I had no idea this thread was up and running again :eek:

For those of you who remember me from the last couple of years .... hello !
    Since being on here I have become a Nanna to two lovely baby boys, still in retail and preparing for the silly season, not a lot else happening in the Button world.

I must confess to not enjoying Strictly as much this year, no stand out contestant for me yet. Plus the fact I hate the theme weeks .....
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ouch! Strictly Red hope you're feeling better today.

I think I will have to wear my tin hat and full body armour if I venture onto the forums today because I agreed with Len at the dance off. I would have saved Sid. There was a bit where Colin seemed to stop dancing and just give up. He was just standing there, legs in an A frame sort of shape with the weight evenly spread, not doing anything. His face seemed to have panic on it and Kristina was flapping around him. I think he did it in the main show too, but I think their dance was when I got to the point of having to go for a loo break, so I can't remember if I saw it all or not.

In contrast Sid didn't forget what he was doing and he rectified his previous mistake. In the main show he turned the wrong way during his zig-zags but in the dance off they all went in the correct direction and he remembered more of the cha cha cha steps in the new yorks.
    Hmm well that was my armchair judging opinion anyway!

Congratulations on becoming a grandmother, Button.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Bonnie - Thanks for first dibs on the choccies. Hope you don't mind that I had one of each.:D

Button - Congrats on Nanna-hood!:)

BB - Feeling much less sore today, thanks. Should be used to it by now, because I'm so accident prone.:o
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Evening ya all :)

I've just finished watching Nigella make chocolate pasta with butterscotch sauce. I think that's too sinful even for us steppers.

Ouch Red :eek: You clumsy mare! Have a <smoooch> from Sid to make you feel better x

Hey Buttons, stop being a stranger! Are you doing lots of babysitting and spoiling them? My folks were over the moon when the grandkids came to visit at the weekend. I adore my niece & nephew - I won't have children of my own so I spoil them rotten! Just trying to decide what to buy them for Xmas. Kids seem to have everything already these days. The twins do love to read though (unusually) so might get them lots of books and some DVDs - classics like Bambi & Watership Down maybe.

I'm with most of you guys. Not overly enthusiastic about this series. I was dead chuffed for Michael & Nat but I think it might be a different story when he's out of hold again for the Latin. Still, the American Smooth this week should be right up their street and cement Michael's confidence. They can take it from there. Nat is a wonderful teacher - the best.
  • Options
    BuddyBontheNetBuddyBontheNet Posts: 28,166
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    BIG but gentle {{{HUGS}}} for Red (and anyone else who needs one. ;)

Sid you must have been in heaven tonight watching Vincent on ITT! A whole film starring Vincent! :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    BIG but gentle {{{HUGS}}} for Red (and anyone else who needs one. ;)

Sid you must have been in heaven tonight watching Vincent on ITT! A whole film starring Vincent! :D

I think I love Vincent even more than he loves himself Buddy!

He looks especially yummy in this pic, with a bit of chest hair peeking through: http://instagram.com/p/Q7n_u1H6NZ/ :)

I've made an Earl Grey and cut myself a big slice of coffee & walnut cake (will leave the rest for you guys) and am going to tuck into Jenny Eclair's new book.

Night night x
  • Options
    Button62Button62 Posts: 8,463
    Forum Member
    Sid, can I come and live with you ? Earl Grey, coffee and walnut cake and my nose in a good book sounds my idea of heaven :)

The twins are just delighful and I babysit one day a week for my daughter. They are a handful but I love spending time with them.

I loved seeing Craig show us how the Charleston should be done on ITT tonight. Lisa was sadly lacking in any correct footwork on Saturday and I'm glad she has finally been given a smidgeon of truth from Craig.

Off to read my book .... John Harvey is one of my favourite authors.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 143
    Forum Member
    Hi everyone. Just come back from an unexpected trip to London so haven't had the chance to post on here.
    I really hated the Halloween show on Saturday. Why do they choose such awful music? :confused: No wonder people find it so hard to get the footwork etc correct. There isn't a beat to follow!
    Going to eat now. Might see you all later.