Options

cats vs dogs

statenislandstatenisland Posts: 635
Forum Member
✭✭
as the title says, cats versus dogs.

East post should begging with either Cat: or Dog: and state ONE reason why that animal is the better of the two.

Just for fun, no nastiness please and let's respect each others pet choices :)

Comments

• Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    begin not begging. Sorry, different computer :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,596
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lol i predict there will be heated debates somewhere along the line in this thread :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    SCDchick wrote: »
    Lol i predict there will be heated debates somewhere along the line in this thread :D

NO!!!!!!!!!! :D

Not allowed!!! :D

That's why I gave instructions. Not because I am bossy (LOL!) but because I realise how dark argumentative some folk are! :D

Keep it simple :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,596
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    NO!!!!!!!!!! :D

Not allowed!!! :D

That's why I gave instructions. Not because I am bossy (LOL!) but because I realise how dark argumentative some folk are! :D

Keep it simple :)

The die-hard cat brigade and the canine club will be at war in this thread before you know it :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,639
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What if you love cats AND dogs?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,124
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    cats all the way for us
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 511
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Cat: Convenience, compatible with the lifestyle of two professionals.

(Dog: For every other reason)
  • Options
    annette kurtenannette kurten Posts: 39,543
    Forum Member
    cat: independent.

dog: walking.
  • Options
    molliepopsmolliepops Posts: 26,828
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Love them both, have dogs at the moment as we go away weekends a lot in the summer which wouldn't be fair on a cat but the dogs can come with us.
  • Options
    muddipawsmuddipaws Posts: 3,300
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    sorry but I have both and its FANTASTIC
  • Options
    SandgrownunSandgrownun Posts: 5,024
    Forum Member
    Cats: good companions, low maintenance although extremely fussy eaters.

Dogs: great companions, fun to walk, will eat anything you give them, but do require a lot more attention than cats.

I couldn't choose between them as pets though.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,606
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cats: You can work full time and still give them the attention they need. Fussy eaters and good quality food is more expensive than for dogs. Quieter and generally less destructive than dogs. You worry more about them when they stay out a bit too long or get into fights. Don't need to be walked.

Dogs: More cuddly, things can be more on your terms than theirs. Will eat anything but that means they often get a very poor diet. They need company for most of the day. Need walking. Smelly, although if you live with one you get immune to it.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,321
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dogs: Silkyears
  • Options
    bigpodbigpod Posts: 1,016
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    To be positive: comparatively, dogs don't smell.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cats: good companions, low maintenance although extremely fussy eaters.

Dogs: great companions, fun to walk, will eat anything you give them, but do require a lot more attention than cats.

I couldn't choose between them as pets though.

BiB, Wish my dog was like that, he even turns his nose up at fresh chicken.
  • Options
    koantemplationkoantemplation Posts: 101,293
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Mr. Tinkles: That is all... cats rule
  • Options
    spaniel-loverspaniel-lover Posts: 4,188
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have one of each & I love them both.
  • Options
    xdowxdow Posts: 2,388
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    despite being at least 6 times the size, my dogs butt doesn't smell (and when he sleeps he likes to point it at me, which makes that a major bonus)
    visiting cats butt on the other hand is an absolute disgrace. it looks clean, but sweet zombie jesus, it certainly doesn't smell like it.

the dog is also a damn sight cleaner than the cat. (white cat, likes to roll around in mud... yeah.)

still the convenience of being able to leave a cat is a bonus over a dog.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    xdow wrote: »
    despite being at least 6 times the size, my dogs butt doesn't smell (and when he sleeps he likes to point it at me, which is a major bonus)
    visiting cats butt on the other hand is an absolute disgrace. it looks clean, but sweet zombie jesus, it certainly doesn't smell like it.

the dog is also a damn sight cleaner than the cat. (white cat, likes to roll around in mud... yeah.)

still the convenience of being able to leave a cat is a bonus over a dog.

:eek::eek::eek:
  • Options
    xdowxdow Posts: 2,388
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    And once again, just for the record, i don't purposely sniff their butts! :p
    it takes a lot to make me notice a smell without purposely taking a lung full (regularly cleaning out donkeys first thing on a morning with a stinking hang over gave me that little skill)
    which just goes to show that when the cat jumps up on my shoulder to be carried over wet grass (irritating but still sort of sweet) it has a very, VERY strong smell to his button.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    xdow wrote: »
    And once again, just for the record, i don't purposely sniff their butts! :p
    it takes a lot to make me notice a smell without purposely taking a lung full (regularly cleaning out donkeys first thing on a morning with a stinking hang over gave me that little skill)
    which just goes to show that when the cat jumps up on my shoulder to be carried over wet grass (irritating but still sort of sweet) it has a very, VERY strong smell to his button.

I was getting ready to adopt some cats and all the hard work people on here have been doing to get me and my family ready may have been undone in one sentence.

Smelly assholes are not my thing! :eek::eek::D
  • Options
    academiaacademia Posts: 18,225
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What if you love cats AND dogs?

My thought exactly . Both have been our companions for thousands of years. Why cannot both be appeciated?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    academia wrote: »
    My thought exactly . Both have been our companions for thousands of years. Why cannot both be appeciated?

this is just a light hearted thread, not the darn election campaign! Go on then, speak up for both! :D
  • Options
    BZRBZR Posts: 2,197
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dogs because you feel they actually love you and are pleased your there where as cats are independant and can come across as cold.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    BZR wrote: »
    Dogs because you feel they actually love you and are pleased your there where as cats are independant and can come across as cold.

My cat was never cold, always affectionate and loving, to me anyway.:)