Options

This is Most Definitely Not An Appreciation Thread **Part 15**

Comments

• Options
    ellieb123ellieb123 Posts: 7,546
    Forum Member
    Hi all

No anniversary for me- not married... A boyfriend once thought that it would be nice on our '1 year of being together' anniversary to go and watch a cricket match in the afternoon and get absolutely hammered with his friends... I had to pick him up, and he vommed all over my car. Strangely we didn't last that much longer. ;)

I like that analogy about Louis/Flavia and Fern/Artem- as one couple seems to be developing, the other seems to be going sour. Although as Alli says- it was rather an 'argument before a dinner party- let's try to be civil' atmosphere.
  • Options
    geordiegumpgeordiegump Posts: 1,455
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Alli-F wrote: »
    :eek: Make sure you stay safe. We all think you're living in utter luxury swanning about the French countryside, your reality is a bit more The Good Life I take it.

Mind you, I'm only about half an hour away from France, although I think I'll wait to invite myself until the house is finished. ;)

The DOTS will have an open invite.... naturellement... and when the weather is fine we have an acre to camp in.

When we bought it from Henri Didier he observed that..

"Vous avez le cœur des mammouths laineux"
    (You have the hearts of woolly mammoths)

and more recently...

"Vous faites bien avec votre bite et couteau"
    (You are doing well with very few tools (literally: "with your dick and knife")
  • Options
    Agent KrycekAgent Krycek Posts: 39,269
    Forum Member
    ellieb123 wrote: »
    Hi all

No anniversary for me- not married... A boyfriend once thought that it would be nice on our '1 year of being together' anniversary to go and watch a cricket match in the afternoon and get absolutely hammered with his friends... I had to pick him up, and he vommed all over my car. Strangely we didn't last that much longer. ;)

I like that analogy about Louis/Flavia and Fern/Artem- as one couple seems to be developing, the other seems to be going sour. Although as Alli says- it was rather an 'argument before a dinner party- let's try to be civil' atmosphere.

I can beat that - first date with a bloke I'd lusted after for years, he finally asked me out, arranged to spend a Saturday together, very excited, got all dressed up thinking picnic in the park, maybe lunch somewhere and a romantic stroll, absolutely sure he had something special lined up as we were due to spend the day together, and he took me to......... his local bookies :(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I can beat that - first date with a bloke I'd lusted after for years, he finally asked me out, arranged to spend a Saturday together, very excited, got all dressed up thinking picnic in the park, maybe lunch somewhere and a romantic stroll, absolutely sure he had something special lined up as we were due to spend the day together, and he took me to......... his local bookies :(

:eek::eek::eek: I know men can be clueless sometimes- but why- even for one millisecond- would that ever have entered his head as being a good idea?!
  • Options
    SCD-ObserverSCD-Observer Posts: 18,560
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Gosh, really? :(

*feels ashamed of my sub-species*
  • Options
    Alli-FAlli-F Posts: 32,519
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Now that's a keeper. :D:D:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The DOTS will have an open invite.... naturellement... and when the weather is fine we have an acre to camp in.

When we bought it from Henri Didier he observed that..

"Vous avez le cœur des mammouths laineux"
    (You have the hearts of woolly mammoths)

and more recently...

"Vous faites bien avec votre bite et couteau"
    (You are doing well with very few tools (literally: "with your dick and knife")

I like that one, a dick and a knife. :D Monsieur Henri definitely has a way with a phrase. :D

I now have a completely different image of Mr Gump. ;)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    :eek::eek::eek: I know men can be clueless sometimes- but why- even for one millisecond- would that ever have entered his head as being a good idea?!

He probably farts in bed and traps your head under the duvet. :rolleyes:
  • Options
    mindyannmindyann Posts: 20,264
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

:D:D

What made you think he wasn't the one! :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    He probably farts in bed and traps your head under the duvet. :rolleyes:

Believe me, that would have been one of his more charming qualities :o
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I like that one, a dick and a knife. :D Monsieur Henri definitely has a way with a phrase. :D

I now have a completely different image of Mr Gump. ;)

Monsieur Henri for threat pet :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mindyann wrote: »
    Monsieur Henri for threat pet :D

Definitely. Although I think Artem might need sanctuary from a hormonal Fern. ;)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    My WUM-ometer is on the blink... :eek:
    Does anyone else have those moments when you read something and think 'Really? You really, honestly think that?', but the person who said it is not one of your usual suspects...
  • Options
    blindsideblindside Posts: 4,576
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Artem's hiding behind a thicker and thicker beard. :confused: He's beginning to look like a member of the Russian royal family. Mind you, he does seem to be able to go from stubble to full on beard in 3 days, Pasha take note.

No 'Movember' growing-it-out issues for Artem :D

One bloke I work with started not-shaving over a week ago to try and get a head start. Bless him, there's a vague shadow of something on his top lip but it ain't looking good :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    blindside wrote: »
    No 'Movember' growing-it-out issues for Artem :D

One bloke I work with started not-shaving over a week ago to try and get a head start. Bless him, there's a vague shadow of something on his top lip but it ain't looking good :D

The doctor's where I work do the same... One of them always reminds me of that Friends episode (if any of you watched it) where Monica is going out with Richard (played by Tom Sellick), and Chandler and Joey try to grow moustaches... and fail miserably! :D:D This doctor gets to the end of Movember and has barely got a shadow over his top lip!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Definitely. Although I think Artem might need sanctuary from a hormonal Fern. ;)

I'm sure Henri would be deeply honoured....I will inform him of this accolade on Saturday evening.

He is having a busy week on his tractor cutting his maize crop.

I passed him in the car yesterday and he complained that..

"Son cul était rouge comme un babouin"
    (his arse was a red as a baboon's)
    from sitting on the tractor all day
  • Options
    Kmc1978Kmc1978 Posts: 7,144
    Forum Member
    mindyann wrote: »
    :D:D

What made you think he wasn't the one! :D

Are we absolutely sure it's not Mr AK she's referring too? :p
  • Options
    CrystalplayerCrystalplayer Posts: 327
    Forum Member
    Hi all,
    This thread moves Sooo fast!
    Am off to Oz for 3 weeks, so will be back to lurking for a bit
    Just want to thank all you lovely DOTs for making a delurk so much fun!
    Sorry if I haven't got to grips with smilies etc...
    Hope haven't offended anyone
    At least when I get back the strictly wheat and chaff may be sorted out!
    Many thanks, will be thinking of you all...
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Hi all,

Australia? Colour me very jealous! :D My brother lives in Sydney and I'm saving to go and see him- not getting very far though... :o;) Have a lovely time- as you say, the chaff should be nicely separated by the time you get back!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Kmc1978 wrote: »
    Are we absolutely sure it's not Mr AK she's referring too? :p

Good god no :eek: - although I have to confess bookie boy did get a second and third date, which I've thankfully wiped from my mind :o

Have a fab time Crystalplayer :) and no, not jealous in the slightest, nope, not at all *looks out window to see rain lashing down, wind howling and the trees looking all bare and sad an sobs a little :( *
  • Options
    Forum Member
    flugella wrote: »
    Morning all!!

Sorry for not posting for a while - life has been nuts - but I need to at some point put a linky up to my AT that I did on Sunday for exams - and got highly commended! Now I need a suitably sarky notgoalie critique!

Keep missing ITT because it clashes with miniDOT's bedtime - is it worth catching up on??

Congratulations! That's fab... :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Congratulations! That's fab... :D

That's brilliant:D

I'd love to be able to AT.

I try to give it a bit of a bash when a good choon comes on the radio.

It looks like a cross between a very bad 'Riverdance' and a whirling dervish.

I also don't have a partner.

The only way Mr Gump would ever dance would be if I stood him on a tray of hot cinders
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That's brilliant:D

I'd love to be able to AT.

I try to give it a bit of a bash when a good choon comes on the radio.

It looks like a cross between a very bad 'Riverdance' and a whirling dervish.

I also don't have a partner.

The only way Mr Gump would ever dance would be if I stood him on a tray of hot cinders

You never know, Henri might oblige :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hi all,

Oh wow, lucky, lucky you.
    Have a fabulous time :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Not sure why, but I get the feeling Louis is going to get another Uncle Len Lecture *barfs* this weekend...
This discussion has been closed.