Options

Jimmy Saville to be revealed as a paedophile? (Part 4)

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 87,224
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jimmy Savile: BBC internal inquiry hasn't asked Mark Thompson for evidence
    The BBC’s inquiry into why a Newsnight investigation into Jimmy Savile’s sexual abuse was scrapped has yet to contact Mark Thompson, the Corporation’s director-general at the time.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/crime/jimmy-savile/9649710/Jimmy-Savile-BBC-internal-inquiry-hasnt-asked-Mark-Thompson-for-evidence.html
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 173
    Forum Member
    The BBC’s inquiry into why a Newsnight investigation into Jimmy Savile’s sexual abuse was scrapped has yet to contact Mark Thompson, the Corporation’s director-general at the time.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/crime/jimmy-savile/9649710/Jimmy-Savile-BBC-internal-inquiry-hasnt-asked-Mark-Thompson-for-evidence.html

This man needs to be held accountable! He was earning over I million pounds per year of tax payers money as head of the BBC and now says he didn"t have a clue what was going on there.
  • Options
    skp20040skp20040 Posts: 66,874
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Maybe they want to leave him until last to see what others say first or leave him to Dame Janet Smith
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,095
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    tenchgirl wrote: »
    so reading back on the last couple of pages, seems the consensus amongst us appears to be a couple of token stars or names and the rest get away. So what do "We" (The public) do to ensure this wont happen and that all involved however high up the food chain don't get away with it?
    Is there anything we can do?

If a media storm this size isn't enough to overturn the standard institutional cover-up it's hard to say what will.
  • Options
    benjaminibenjamini Posts: 32,066
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    bubble2 wrote: »
    If a media storm this size isn't enough to overturn the standard institutional cover-up it's hard to say what will.

I agree. The loss of public confidence is now too huge to ignore and I believe we will see results.
    In 2004 Greg Dykes and his cohorts were swept ignominiously out of the BBC, one would have thought that was a big lesson but no. Here we are again mired in BBC crap. Never thought Id say it but Im done with them.
  • Options
    sofieellissofieellis Posts: 10,327
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    k9fan wrote: »
    Does anyone else remember "clunk click every trip"?

I vividly remember these adverts, but I don't remember the programme "Clunk Click".
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 87,224
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mark Williams-Thomas‏ @mwilliamsthomas
    To confirm the arrest of Freddie Starr is directly related to Op Yewtree and #jimmysavile investigation. More arrests in due course.
  • Options
    jzeejzee Posts: 25,498
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mr Blunders and his son should have taken some driving lessons! The ads were really quite graphic for that time though, enough to make my mum 'clunk click every trip'!

This one used to give me the creeps, mainly because Alvin Stardust spooked me out, don't know why, he just did. Funnily enough, Savile never spooked me, I just thought he was a loud-mouthed poser on TOTP, but not creepy.
    Funny you should say that as Savile used his coach to take girls from Duncroft to the theatre:

"i remember going to a theatre with js we were taken there on a coach belonging to alvin stardust it is funny i cant remember the name of the play or what it was about but i can remember the doughnuts we were given after does anyone else remember the day?"

http://www.friendsreunited.co.uk/Discussion/904411?take=10&page=2
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,978
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    sofieellis wrote: »
    I vividly remember these adverts, but I don't remember the programme "Clunk Click".

I have not seen one person say they remember the program yet, I don't remember it either.

The seatbelt campaign slogan is well and truly embedded in my head though.
  • Options
    Penny CrayonPenny Crayon Posts: 36,158
    Forum Member
    Swinetown wrote: »
    I have not seen one person say they remember the program yet, I don't remember it either.

I have a really vague recollection of it but it's only the recent clips that have jogged my memory TBH.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 254
    Forum Member
    bubble2 wrote: »

The revolution will not be televised...
  • Options
    ElectraElectra Posts: 55,660
    Forum Member
    Swinetown wrote: »

I'm another one who was a kid back then but I don't remember the show either. I do remember the 'Clunk click every trip' slogan though.
  • Options
    IzzySIzzyS Posts: 11,045
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'd never heard of the Clunk Clink TV show either, though I'd heard of the advertising campaign. It seemed a little tenuous to have a, I presume, teenage-based entertainment show named after a road safety campaign - did they feature some piece(s) of advice for motorists in each episode or was the title the only link to road safety? there have been some really random names for children and teenager shows like one on a Saturday morning on BBC which sounded like it was named after a train, it was called something random and daft like the 9:15 from Manchester (I guess it aired at 9:15am and it was filmed in Manchester but it always sounded like a stupid name to me :-/ call me picky lol).
  • Options
    EurostarEurostar Posts: 78,519
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dragon1950 wrote: »
    I can't imagine the police arresting FS just on what Karin Ward said. She said that the worst part of the ordeal with FS was the humiliation of him making fun of her when she rejected his advances. There must have been other victims who have come forward claiming far more. Quite frankly, I do not understand why FS took the stance that he did by appearing on TV vehemently rejecting any claims of wrong doing. He would have done better to have said nothing.

If it's the case that more celebs are to be arrested and questioned, it could open a proverbial can of worms. Many more victims may be prompted to come forward who were hesitating up until now....any celeb who is questioned and released without charge could find themselves being re-arrested shortly afterwards based on new allegations.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have a really vague recollection of it but it's only the recent clips that have jogged my memory TBH.

I am curious for someone who knows exactly what it was about to come along and tell us all, as so far i have seen young girls sitting on beanbags and Jimmy and Gary being creepy n pervy. Also another clip where Jimmy is rubbing a young girls back whilst pulling her into him tight, so I am flummoxed as to what the theme of the show was and why it was called clunk click.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Anyone remember the peach and the hammer?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IcAFNnVg0q8
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 173
    Forum Member
    jzee wrote: »
    Funny you should say that as Savile used his coach to take girls from Duncroft to the theatre:

"i remember going to a theatre with js we were taken there on a coach belonging to alvin stardust it is funny i cant remember the name of the play or what it was about but i can remember the doughnuts we were given after does anyone else remember the day?"

http://www.friendsreunited.co.uk/Discussion/904411?take=10&page=2

So, maybe Alvin Stardust was a "friend" of JS? Whatever happened to Alvyn Stardust? Is he still on the TV in England?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    IzzyS wrote: »
    I'd never heard of the Clunk Clink TV show either, though I'd heard of the advertising campaign. It seemed a little tenuous to have a, I presume, teenage-based entertainment show named after a road safety campaign - did they feature some piece(s) of advice for motorists in each episode or was the title the only link to road safety? there have been some really random names for children and teenager shows like one on a Saturday morning on BBC which sounded like it was named after a train, it was called something random and daft like the 9:15 from Manchester (I guess it was aired at 9:25am and it was filmed in Manchester but it always sounded like a stupid name to me :-/ call me picky lol).

From what I can gather, it was a teatime light entertainment show with a chat show type format and Saville as the host.....it doesn't seem to have had anything to do with the road safety campaign apart from sharing the name.
  • Options
    skp20040skp20040 Posts: 66,874
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Electra wrote: »
    I'm another one who was a kid back then but I don't remember the show either. I do remember the 'Clunk click every trip' slogan though.

I remember clunk click from the road safety ads not Saville, the only thing I remember Saville for is Jim'll Fix It and Top of the Pops
  • Options
    Pickle2012Pickle2012 Posts: 75
    Forum Member
    http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=SJHdtRQn2jw

Thought this was quite interesting
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Eurostar wrote: »
    From what I can gather, it was a teatime light entertainment show with a chat show type format and Saville as the host.....it doesn't seem to have had anything to do with the road safety campaign apart from sharing the name.

It's probably some private sick joke of Jimmys
  • Options
    Phoenix LazarusPhoenix Lazarus Posts: 17,311
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Did the 'Clunk Click' seatbelt ads predate the show of that name?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dragon1950 wrote: »
    So, maybe Alvin Stardust was a "friend" of JS? Whatever happened to Alvyn Stardust? Is he still on the TV in England?

Not at all, as his music career has stalled since the early 80s (he was never really that current and relevant to start with and was more of a retro 50s type rock and roller).

He was a close friend of Cliff Richard's too and is also a born again Christian.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Did the 'Clunk Click' seatbelt ads predate the show of that name?

As far as I remember yes they did. He was well known for the Clunk Click campaign so ............................they seemed to just name the show after it as far as I remember. Not very original :confused:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,095
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    benjamini wrote: »
    I agree. The loss of public confidence is now too huge to ignore and I believe we will see results.
    In 2004 Greg Dykes and his cohorts were swept ignominiously out of the BBC, one would have thought that was a big lesson but no. Here we are again mired in BBC crap. Never thought Id say it but Im done with them.

Hopefully. I was a bit disturbed a week or so ago when the police press briefing was so definitive about there being no paedophile ring inside the BBC when they'd only just started the investigation. I thought that was odd.

I think we're only likely to get the truth when different parts of the establishment are fighting each other and the trouble with paedophile scandals is the BBC, police, Labour, Conservative etc all have dirt in that area they don't want exposed so instead of fighting they collude in these stand-offs of mutual blackmail.

Still a bit early to get overly cynical but i'm edging towards it.
This discussion has been closed.