LykkieLiLykkieLi Posts: 6,644
    Forum Member
    vidalia wrote: »

They're just a bunch of nonces! :rolleyes:
  • Options
    stoatiestoatie Posts: 78,106
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It'd be hilarious if Dacre got a post-Saville knock at the door...
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I've seen more womanly curves on a twiglet!:eek:

Not the point, she's a child.
  • Options
    stoatiestoatie Posts: 78,106
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've seen more womanly curves on a twiglet!:eek:

I don't think that's QUITE what the OP was getting at...
  • Options
    StarryNight1983StarryNight1983 Posts: 4,593
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    LykkieLi wrote: »
    Not the point, she's a child.

Yes it is - she looks ill in my opinion - she should be at home with her family eating decent meals & hanging around with school friends not being at all these fancy parties where she will probably be told she is too fat & needs to lose weight etc its disgusting!!
  • Options
    kingjeremykingjeremy Posts: 9,077
    Forum Member
    Great little actress though :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Yes it is - she looks ill in my opinion - she should be at home with her family eating decent meals & hanging around with school friends not being at all these fancy parties where she will probably be told she is too fat & needs to lose weight etc its disgusting!!

DM know that some warped men are attracted to precisely that though, and they are 'feeding' them titbits of girls with their paper.
    Who else cares about a 14 year old having curves?
  • Options
    blitzben85blitzben85 Posts: 3,020
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Who cares about these "womanly curves" i'm more scared of that halloween mask she has on. :eek:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    blitzben85 wrote: »
    Who cares about these "womanly curves" i'm more scared of that halloween mask she has on. :eek:

This article is actually more sinister than people realise.:rolleyes:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,797
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Stop fantasising, you have no idea how often she is at home eating meals, or what people say to her at those parties.

The point is The Mail, the supposed last bastion against immorality, is taking part in the lurid objectification of an under aged girl.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Stop fantasising, you have no idea how often she is at home eating meals, or what people say to her at those parties.

The point is The Mail, the supposed last bastion against immorality, is taking part in the lurid objectification of an under aged girl.

Yeah cause the fashion world & celebrity world isn't fascinated about how people look & I've made that all up in my tiny little mind:rolleyes:
  • Options
    AddisonianAddisonian Posts: 16,377
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    A new low in journalism.
  • Options
    Vodka_DrinkaVodka_Drinka Posts: 28,753
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Mail website also has a very unhealthy fixation with the younger Kardashian girls. Not sure how old they are but they are no older than 16/17. The articles written about them could have been written by a dirty old man, practically salvating about how grown up they look. Sick really.
  • Options
    ÆnimaÆnima Posts: 38,548
    Forum Member

Reminds me of something Emma Watson was talking about though. She hated all the fame and objectification, she said nobody said a thing like that until she was 16 and then apparently was "fair game", she said she found the whole thing really stupid. I agree with her.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Mail website also has a very unhealthy fixation with the younger Kardashian girls. Not sure how old they are but they are no older than 16/17. The articles written about them could have been written by a dirty old man, practically salvating about how grown up they look. Sick really.

Children should be allowed to be children - there should be a law with a minimum age for children to start modelling,acting etc etc kids are growing up to quickly nowadays
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,797
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah cause the fashion world & celebrity world isn't fascinated about how people look & I've made that all up in my tiny little mind:rolleyes:

Well actually you have, you have no idea what goes on in her day to day life. It's that kind of fantasy narrative that sells celebrity crap like this.
  • Options
    swingalegswingaleg Posts: 103,192
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    In a couple of years time she'll be.........erm......'all grown up'
  • Options
    RAINBOWGIRL22RAINBOWGIRL22 Posts: 24,459
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    We all know the DM is a vile publication but surely the problem here is that this 14 year old posted the pictures herself - she hasn't been papped??? No piccies would have meant no story afterall.

I think the question we really need to ask is who is looking after this childs interests and allowing her to dress in this way at such a young age?
  • Options
    Unigal07Unigal07 Posts: 22,326
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    We all know the DM is a vile publication but surely the problem here is that this 14 year old posted the pictures herself - she hasn't been papped??? No piccies would have meant no story afterall.

I think the question we really need to ask is who is looking after this childs interests and allowing her to dress in this way at such a young age?

She didn't label herself as "flaunting her womanly curves" though did she? The Daily Mail did.
  • Options
    tysonstormtysonstorm Posts: 24,609
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ah The Daily Heil. A tabloid tat written by paedos, for Middle-England paedos.

It's funny when you type into Google "Daily Mail" and "Paedos": http://www.google.co.uk/#hl=en&sclient=psy-ab&q=daily+mail+paedos&oq=daily+mail+paedos&gs_l=hp.3..0i22.351768.354130.0.354224.17.14.0.3.3.3.471.2477.4j7j0j1j2.14.0.les%3B..0.0...1c.1.mnUW8vUD2go&pbx=1&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.r_qf.&fp=4b4dc06b0214f5a3&bpcl=37189454&biw=1024&bih=653

I suspect this obsession with paedophiles is a cover for their own obsession with sexualising children.

http://www.anorak.co.uk/309567/celebrities/has-chloe-moretz-turned-daily-mail-writers-into-paedos.html/

http://www.anorak.co.uk/335757/celebrities/daily-mail-hates-paedophiles-loves-underage-chloe-moretz.html/

It's always the ones who scream about it the most that have so much to hide. ;)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well actually you have, you have no idea what goes on in her day to day life. It's that kind of fantasy narrative that sells celebrity crap like this.

I don't read the crappy newspaper that this story has come from

yes I was guessing as to wether she eats properly or wether she is to Told stuff by other people but she just doesn't look healthy at all & it's scary to think people in a few years will probably tell her she needs to lose weight or possibly have surgery to get far in the industry
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 25,310
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Children should be allowed to be children - there should be a law with a minimum age for children to start modelling,acting etc etc kids are growing up to quickly nowadays

Is this law a global law as the last time I looked Elle Fanning was an American in America.

Perhaps the media and the Mail in particular - who seem somewhat confused as to what line to take with under age girls when walking between Savile and salaciousness - could perhaps stop using loaded language when chosing to cover these stories.
    Phrases like "The 14-year-old took to Instagram to share a photograph of her Halloween outfit and wasn’t afraid to flaunt her curves for the camera" and "Elle was a posing professional as she wore a metallic maxi dress which looked rather demure at first glance. Although it covered up her chest area and thighs, the design featured a high split which allowed her to pop her leg out of the side. When she turned around, flesh was on show as the cut-out material scooped to just above her derriere and featured clasps which fastened at the centre of her beck."

It's just a bit, well, creepy and ill-thought out. Especially when you get comments underneath the article like "She's not a child, she's a woman, she's almost 15 for goodness sake"
  • Options
    ÆnimaÆnima Posts: 38,548
    Forum Member
    I don't read the crappy newspaper that this story has come from

yes I was guessing as to wether she eats properly or wether she is to Told stuff by other people but she just doesn't look healthy at all & it's scary to think people in a few years will probably tell her she needs to lose weight or possibly have surgery to get far in the industry

She looks totally normal to me. Does thin = not healthy to you then? I'm naturally skinny and perfectly healthy.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ænima wrote: »
    She looks totally normal to me. Does thin = not healthy to you then? I'm naturally skinny and perfectly healthy.

She just looks a little too skinny for me but it might be also because she is very pale - a little colour to her & she will probably look a lot healthier