Options

HIGNFY Series 44

Comments

• Options
    degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
    Forum Member
    BellaRosa wrote: »
    I would never watch anything she was in.
    Did you watch the whole of HIGNFY or did you turn it off?
  • Options
    robertaloud30robertaloud30 Posts: 3,394
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mal2pool wrote: »
    Programme just isnt funny anymore, hasnt been for years unless they have a brilliant guest host. The panel was completely dire. Conrad who? Boring....switched off again

you are psychic??
  • Options
    BellaRosaBellaRosa Posts: 36,610
    Forum Member
    degsyhufc wrote: »
    Did you watch the whole of HIGNFY or did you turn it off?

I was zoneing in and out of it...
  • Options
    niceguy1966niceguy1966 Posts: 29,560
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    degsyhufc wrote: »
    She uses that persona. Ok, she's not a comedian but it doesn't mean she doesn't like to play games and be sarcastic, ironic, dead pan, show faux outrage etc.
    It's part of the act.

She certainly does like to play games, especially poker.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,274
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    For fans of the celebrity hosts, I was at Paul Mertons stage show a few weeks ago, and he let it slip that Roger Moore has been booked to host at some point....

Seems a weird choice, but then look how the classic Brian Blessed and William Shatner shows turned out! :p
  • Options
    AmbassadorAmbassador Posts: 22,333
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mal2pool wrote: »
    Programme just isnt funny anymore, hasnt been for years unless they have a brilliant guest host. The panel was completely dire. Conrad who? Boring....switched off again

Conrad who?

Perhaps news quizzes aren't for you.
  • Options
    JCRJCR Posts: 24,136
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Surrealist comedian and Edinburgh legend in his own lunchtime Mr Tony Law is apparently on HIGNFY on 2nd November.

Go Mr Tony, go! Go for the big prize Mr Tony!

Expect complaints on points of view- and this thread- about him. :p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    JCR wrote: »
    Surrealist comedian and Edinburgh legend in his own lunchtime Mr Tony Law is apparently on HIGNFY on 2nd November.

Go Mr Tony, go! Go for the big prize Mr Tony!

Expect complaints on points of view- and this thread- about him. :p
    Saw him at the fringe and he was shit. He was voted the no.1 fringe comedian :eek:

A similar looking and also surreal Canadian comedian called Craig Campbell is so much better.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    allafix wrote: »
    Victoria Coren was probably the best she's been as a guest
    I think she's had several better appearances. Infact I think all gher previous appearances were better.
    I was thinking that when she was on Paul's team she wasn't as good as she kept a running joke going but now that I think back it was still a good appearance.

Her best was probably her first with Richard Herring.
    Ian can be a bit obsessive and not funny when he dislikes a guest. This week was a prime example of this.
    Spoilt the show for 10 minutes. Cut that bit out and the rest of it was good.
  • Options
    MrSuperMrSuper Posts: 18,630
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    allafix wrote: »
    Victoria Coren is not as funny as she thinks she is and Conrad Black is not known for his sense of humour. He will have been invited primarily to be a target for Ian Hislop, and Black will agree to go on to publicise his book and push his claims of innocence. Alexander Armstrong is always a good host though.

Watched the extended edition last night and that's exactly how it played out. Victoria wasn't funny in this one, she's done better episodes. Ian did lay into Black which was deserved imo as Black protested his innocence. Alexander was quality as usual.
    Conrad himself deserves credit for going on there in the first place and biting back, and his bash at Paxman was brilliant.:D

That clip of Paxman interviewing Conrad and Conrad's reply was hilarious! :D Wish he had punched Paxman in the face! Also loved the Paxman clip shown when discussing Newsnight/Savile row.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I don't know if HIGNFY have considered having a character hosting (it could be the final straw) but imagine if Peter Capaldi appeared as Malcolm Tucker :D

It could turn out like Kyle's rand from South Park episode Cartman Gets an Anal Probe with all the beeping the beeb would use.

Or Capaldi could host as himself and just do a special round as Tucker.
  • Options
    IJoinedInMayIJoinedInMay Posts: 26,329
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've just watched the extended version of last week's episode. I had never heard of Conrad Black but I thought he took the jibes dealt to him relatively well. I can see where people are coming from with regards to Ian's rants against the more infamous guests but Alexander Armstrong was the more consistent basher this time round. I don't mind that though.

The best episode out of the 3 for me, partly due to Paul's "I was raised by monkeys, says northern housewife" answer being almost spot on! :D

Speaking of Paul, I get the impression he also gets tired of Ian's rants sometimes too, or is that just part of his aloof act?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I've just watched the extended version of last week's episode. I had never heard of Conrad Black but I thought he took the jibes dealt to him relatively well. I can see where people are coming from with regards to Ian's rants against the more infamous guests but Alexander Armstrong was the more consistent basher this time round. I don't mind that though.

The best episode out of the 3 for me, partly due to Paul's "I was raised by monkeys, says northern housewife" answer being almost spot on! :D

Speaking of Paul, I get the impression he also gets tired of Ian's rants sometimes too, or is that just part of his aloof act?
    AA was funny though. Hislop was just ranting.
  • Options
    Clank007Clank007 Posts: 2,799
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Who is this canadian idiot comedian? "Oh Obama's gotta look presedential" ...shut up you moron - jokes about a real disaster are sick in the extreme
  • Options
    blindsideblindside Posts: 4,576
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tonight's episode: a crashing snore-fest Zzzzzzzzz :yawn:
  • Options
    clm2071clm2071 Posts: 6,656
    Forum Member
    This episode has just passed me by, worst in quite a while
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 445
    Forum Member
    I kept cringing when that canadian guy spoke. So embarassing to hear utter silence from the audience.
  • Options
    pete137pete137 Posts: 18,530
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Christ that was awful. This show is dying.
  • Options
    lundavralundavra Posts: 31,790
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Clank007 wrote: »
    Who is this canadian idiot comedian? "Oh Obama's gotta look presedential" ...shut up you moron - jokes about a real disaster are sick in the extreme

Was he a "comedian"? I thought some of the British ones were bad but he managed to equal them.
  • Options
    friendlyguy2friendlyguy2 Posts: 4,511
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tonight started ok lost a bit of momentum but picked up again at the end.

Quite enjoyable from what I saw.
  • Options
    toastietoastie Posts: 2,508
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Clarkson is a great presenter (in my opinion) but the guests on tonight's show were dreadful.
    Hate to say it but it feels like the show is dying on it's arse.
  • Options
    lankyguy007lankyguy007 Posts: 214
    Forum Member
    The extent to which Hislop and Merton are just about having to carry the show is poor.

I have no idea why the guy on Paul's team was even there. May as well have got the Tub of Lard back on.
  • Options
    The TerminatorThe Terminator Posts: 5,312
    Forum Member
    ^The Rt. Hon. Tub of Lard to the likes of you and I.
  • Options
    petelypetely Posts: 2,994
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Clank007 wrote: »
    If you want a real disaster, how about the statistic that every year over 1,000 people are murdered in the regions of the USA that Sandy blew over.
  • Options
    lankyguy007lankyguy007 Posts: 214
    Forum Member
    ^The Rt. Hon. Tub of Lard to the likes of you and I.

Ha I should be less disrespectful.