Options

Hollyoaks general discussion (Part 16)

1153154155156157159»

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 650
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hollyoaks PD is a mess. There should be a showdown between Shawnee and DI Small. DI Small would win.

Mitzee seems interesting. Good to see Doug. Not sure how I feel about Ste, but I suppose sweet he was excited planning details.

The deli scene where Cheryl imitated Tony's blindness weirded me out.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 650
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That's because everyone is so desperate to box people into labels, instead of just leaving them to be what they want to be.

That's why I'm interested in this current Marcus/Maria story, a gay guy falling in love with a woman is controversial subject but it feels real. It's like the opposite of Craig and John-Paul.

I'm pretty sure towards the end though, Craig said he was gay after being pressured by JP or did I imagine that?
    I'm not desperate to label people. Specially since I wouldnt know what I'm talking about at this level of complexity.

Which soap is Marcus and Maria? Sounds interesting.
  • Options
    Chrissy 2005Chrissy 2005 Posts: 9,645
    Forum Member
    I'm not desperate to label people. Specially since I wouldnt know what I'm talking about at this level of complexity.

Which soap is Marcus and Maria? Sounds interesting.

I didn't mean you, I just meant in general. Society seems to fail to function if your not gay, bi or straight.

Corrie.
  • Options
    dequeendequeen Posts: 1,179
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That's because everyone is so desperate to box people into labels, instead of just leaving them to be what they want to be.

That's why I'm interested in this current Marcus/Maria story, a gay guy falling in love with a woman is controversial subject but it feels real. It's like the opposite of Craig and John-Paul.

I'm pretty sure towards the end though, Craig said he was gay after being pressured by JP or did I imagine that?

BIB - Sorry to say but yes you did imagine it.
    I think that John Paul in some way wanted to believe that Craig had to be gay because of wanting to be with him and even when Craig return and told him about breaking up with someone and what was his reasons for it, JP still had to come up with the line, 'you told her you were gay'? to which Craig responsed 'no I told her I was still in love with my ex'.
    We never knew if Craig told her his ex was a man though.

And if you watched the HOL from 2008 there was a scene between Craig and his sister Steph where she was teasing him about like kissing boys. He told her he kiss A boy meaning only one of course.

Maybe John Paul did at times want to pressure Craig into being a gay man but Craig up and til he left the first time, upon his return and in the laters never at any time say he believed himself to be a gay man.

And Guy who played Craig said it time and time again he did not see Craig as being gay or even bi but just having fallen for one man and this is why I think that the Maria/Marcus SL is more or less being played out in the same way as two close friends, where one has fallen for the other but tries to move on from it. A situation happens that begins a chain reaction where the other one realises that they also feel this way.
    McDean went down the jealousy route while Maria/Marcus have gone the sickness scare one but both ending up with genuine feelings between both couples.

The big difference is that because of the ages of Maria and Marcus they won't let them have some prolonged affair behind their respective partners's back but we still get to see the reactions of all those that are involved or were involved in the case of Sean.
    I can't wait for that. And I hope that this is a SL that will be ongoing for a good year or so before they decide to do the obvious and have Marcus turn to a man for some sex which would be believable.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mitzeee is awesome. Myra is awesome. Jacqui is awesome.

But if I have to watch one more second of this Stug sh*te, I will claw my own eyes out.

That is all. :cool:

BIB - :yawn: :p

Agreed :D:)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That's cos of Queen Victoria, I think. She didn't believe in lesbianism, and so laws against homosexuality only applied to men.

Onto tonight's HOs. Mmm... nice start to the episode. ;)

I quite liked Jono's lego proposal *ducks to avoid flying objects* although Ruby is terrible. Very pretty, but just terrible.

Oh dear Cheryl. What have you done, you stupid woman.

Tony and Jacqui have still got that old magic. But this blind storyline is a bit bizarre. Good to see Steph Waring get to do some proper acting for a change. She's very good.

And Doug. Didn't you learn your lesson with Walker? It's gonna end in disaster. And you're gonna lose Ste over it. What a silly boy. Liked the scenes with him and Brendan, though, especially as Brendo seemed to have a bit of his old spark back. This Ste/Doug/Brendan stuff has so many twists and turns in it. HOs writers have sure been working overtime.

Lots happening and everything's moving along apace. A good episode.
    JoToBo wrote: »
    BIB: I think that was meant to show that apart from Jacqui and Tony still having that spark, that Jacqui knew how to deal with the situation, so much better than Cindy did.
    They have been showing a lot more of Jacqui and Tony together lately and how good they are together and I don't think this is unintentional.

Despite Tony spouting his love for Cindy and Cindy rallying round for Tony since his accident, I think Cindy will 'fall' again. If the spoilers are true and Tony knows about the affair but decides to marry her anyway, then I am guessing that Rhys will die. Cindy wil be as heartbroken as Jacqui and Tony wil realise that Cindy isn't who she says she is and helps Jacqui in her time of need. The clue is in the promo (Cindy and Rhys holding hands behind Tonys back and then her reaching out for him as he flies away)

It is not unusual for women to profess a love for someone who can give them a liftestyle they crave. They are not lying, they really believe it themselves.

BIB - I do love that HO are showing the strong connection between Tony and Jacqui.
    While I kind of like Cindy as a character, I now couldn't care less about Rhys as he's been turned into a bleeding idiot.
    And sorry but I don't for one moment believe in this suppose great passion between Cindy and Rhys. They were both bored and feeling stifled in their relationships and wanted a bit of fun and sex. Why TPTB decided to make out they had really fallen for each other is anyone's guess but it doesn't work for me.
    You could understand why Cindy still wanted Darren because in some ways he is similar to Rhys but Darren has a charm about him unlike Rhys who comes across as sleazy to me a lot of the time when he chases after girls.

I'm really hoping that this all leads to the long awaited reunion (well for me :D) of Jacqui and Tony being a couple again.

Can't say I'm too impress to hear
    Tony still marries Cindy even when he finds out about her affair with Rhys and please don't go down the pregnancy route with cindy unless they all know from the offset it's Rhys as I really don't want Tony thinking it is his only do at some point find out it's not.
    He's had so much heartbreak with trying to/having kids that he doesn't need another knockback again.
  • Options
    DuchessKittyDuchessKitty Posts: 821
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    dequeen wrote: »
    BIB - I do love that HO are showing the strong connection between Tony and Jacqui.
    While I kind of like Cindy as a character, I now couldn't care less about Rhys as he's been turned into a bleeding idiot.
    And sorry but I don't for one moment believe in this suppose great passion between Cindy and Rhys. They were both bored and feeling stifled in their relationships and wanted a bit of fun and sex. Why TPTB decided to make out they had really fallen for each other is anyone's guess but it doesn't work for me.
    You could understand why Cindy still wanted Darren because in some ways he is similar to Rhys but Darren has a charm about him unlike Rhys who comes across as sleazy to me a lot of the time when he chases after girls.

I'm really hoping that this all leads to the long awaited reunion (well for me :D) of Jacqui and Tony being a couple again.

Can't say I'm too impress to hear
    Tony still marries Cindy even when he finds out about her affair with Rhys and please don't go down the pregnancy route with cindy unless they all know from the offset it's Rhys as I really don't want Tony thinking it is his only do at some point find out it's not.
    He's had so much heartbreak with trying to/having kids that he doesn't need another knockback again.

I used to really like Jacqui and Tony together- she's a personal favourite of mine! I loved their scenes together, they have so much more chemistry together than Tony and Cindy ever have. I just feel like Cindy only wants to be with Tony because of the money and stability.
  • Options
    SupportSupport Posts: 70,853
    Administrator
      Admin Notice: This thread is continued here: http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showthread.php?p=62087021#post62087021
    This discussion has been closed.