Options

Never in the history of The X Factor have I disliked someone as much as Christopher.

Comments

• Options
    BananafishBananafish Posts: 13,889
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sun Tzu. wrote: »
    In your opinion though. In my opinion, he is playing it very well. He is just an OK singer and yet he is in week 6 now at the expense of better singers and he is getting the votes.

He is playing it well in my opinion. That is what the show is all about really, opinions.

So now it's an opinion, and not just something like jealousy.

Do you see how it works now? ;)
  • Options
    Sun Tzu.Sun Tzu. Posts: 19,064
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Bananafish wrote: »
    So now it's an opinion, and not just something like jealousy.

Do you see how it works now? ;)
    I didn't mean you, I meant some of the other people who came across as a bit jealous.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I didn't mean you, I meant some of the other people who came across as a bit jealous.

Stick to the messages, not the messengers. An opinion is an opinion. Disagree? Explain why.

Otherwise we both know what state the XF forum would end up in.
  • Options
    Sun Tzu.Sun Tzu. Posts: 19,064
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Stick to the messages, not the messengers. An opinion is an opinion. Disagree? Explain why.

Otherwise we both know what state the XF forum would end up in.
    I don't disagree with that. It is just my opinion that he is playing it well. We have had this argument before I think.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't disagree with that. It is just my opinion that he is playing it well. We have had this argument before I think.

Well as long as we all only concern ourselves with the contestants on a TV show and not the posters themselves discussion should thrive :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    34 going on 6. He's pathetic. Nothing more than a working man's club singer and not a very good one at that. I don't think it has ever been more obvious that regional voting does in fact exist.

Regional may be playing a part, but it's more a direct assault on the most gullible. Practically emotional blackmail at this point, and been all grabs for sympathy since day 1. In a 34yo man it is pathetic.

If he was on BB, because his tactics are straight out of that, he'd be absolutely crucified. Lucifer is being generous with how the editing would portray him these days.
  • Options
    mollymoonymollymoony Posts: 110
    Forum Member
    There is something about him that is not likeable, he seems to be quite unpleasant. It's obvious the other contestants don't like him as they are very guarded in what they say if they are asked about him.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 41
    Forum Member
    Blondie X wrote: »
    He's in my top 3 most disliked contestants of all time along with dead wife man and Rachel Hylton. Its not just his hideous performances and his fakeness, he just has a really bad aura about him and there is something deeply unlikeable about him.

Rachel Hylton was awful!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    mollymoony wrote: »
    There is something about him that is not likeable, he seems to be quite unpleasant. It's obvious the other contestants don't like him as they are very guarded in what they say if they are asked about him.

Some people just don't come across as genuine, and if people aren't genuine it's because they are hiding something. If they are hiding something they will then appeal to emotion rather than logic to deflect from it. And if they are doing all that it's probably because they really aren't that nice in the first place, just desperate.

And lo and behold every single thing that comes out is him hiding something and then trying to distract from it with yet another grab for sympathy and playing the victim.

If his singing wasn't bad enough already the combination of both is simply unbearable each week, and makes Dead Wife Man seem semi-tolerable. Something I thought I'd never see, and wish I hadn't.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 16,986
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Who is / was DWM? Don't remember them either. :D
  • Options
    Littlegreen42Littlegreen42 Posts: 19,964
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I can't stand the acting and all the lies, how he is still in the competition is beyond me, his voters should feel ashamed, will they truly buy his album?!!!!!!

Thank the lordy this forum has me in stitches over him!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Who is / was DWM? Don't remember them either. :D

Daniel Evans in 2008, the warm-up act for Lucifer:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-1085897/The-sob-story-Daniel-doesnt-want-hear-X-Factors-widower-doesnt-mention-women--love-children.html

It's the Daily Fail, but you'll get the idea.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oh yeah. Him.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I can't stand the acting and all the lies, how he is still in the competition is beyond me, his voters should feel ashamed, will they truly buy his album?!!!!!!

Laughing in the face of adversity is really the only way to deal with it.

While occasionally weeping for humanity :(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I'd buy it if it was a Duets album with Mary Byrne :p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'd buy it if it was a Duets album with Mary Byrne :p

Would probably have to get another supermarket endorsement to fund it first.

Lidl might go for Lucifer, with their love of things that aren't quite what the packaging makes them out to be.
  • Options
    tellywatcher73tellywatcher73 Posts: 4,181
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    just like to point out... Jahmene said he worked as a Tesco worker.. Carolynne as a Furniture repairer.. Kye as a chimney sweep... all true.. but not their main jobs their main income i suggest come from Singing.. Chris said he worked as a customer service advisor.. he has never hidden he worked on a cruise ship/ferry infact he mentioned it this week... there is a difference in singing to neally 200 people to 5-6000 knowing their is 10 million at home.. and singing to people like Gary Barlow,Louis Walsh etc knowing they could help make or break your dreams..
    I will admit i dont struggle to read a bed time story to my kids.. but ask me to read the same story to a packed pub and i think i would work myself upto a right state before i delivered it.. and i wouldve shook like a leaf.. would that make me fake? cos i can do it fine to my kids..?
    You put a Shirlie basset comparison in there as though it is a insult..
    and not everybody can dance.. so what if he dances like a dad.. atleast he is attempting to dance.. unlike some of the golden children.. You need to realise his type of singing is what some people like.. not everybody likes Rap or Adele.. thats why we have different Genre in music to cover everybody taste..
    nobody can deny he gives his all and hits the big notes.. people rave about Ella hitting 1 note (just) and Yet Chris hits them week after week effertlessly!

First of all I said Shirley Bassey (not Shirlie Basset) and I wasn't talking about his singing, I was talking about the fact he holds his mic like a female singer in her 70's. I would never compare Christopher Maloney to Dame Shirley Bassey. When the contestants singing was analysed, Christopher sung more bum notes than Rylan. Louder isn't always better. Basically, and I'm sorry if this offends, he just does my head in.
  • Options
    Karl MarksKarl Marks Posts: 3,173
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He's a wonderful human being and has bags of talent.

One of the best performers this year is Christopher Maloney.

Chris FTW.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,153
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Rachel Hylton was awful!

I saw her in my local corner shop and she asked where I got my Dr Martins and I shrugged and said my mum bought them for me. She then proceeded to "Coo" and "aww" saying "aww mummy buy them for you? that's Luvlaaaay" :eek:

I WAS 18 YEARS OLD! :rolleyes:

For mainly that reason I do not like her. :p
  • Options
    sinbad22uksinbad22uk Posts: 892
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I lost my dad to illness and will happily call him Dead Wife Man. Because that is all he did, play on her memory in order to try and stay in a poxy singing contest.

Thoroughly unlikeable man, only superceded by Lucifer.

Then you are a nasty insensitive person and your dad must be ashamed of you.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    sinbad22uk wrote: »

No, that would be you.

My dad taught me everything I know, and my mum. And my mum can't stand Lucifer any more than I can. Or Dead Wife Man for that matter.

I also suggest you stick to contestants on reality TV shows who you are invited to form an opinion on, rather than stumbling embarrassingly into areas you know nothing about.

Such as other forum members.
  • Options
    Sorcha_27Sorcha_27 Posts: 138,988
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    sinbad22uk wrote: »

you're below the belt with that pathetic comment and I feel ashamed of you
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    you're below the belt with that pathetic comment and I feel ashamed of you

Thanks.

But my dad was in the army before, even lied about his age to enlist because he wanted to do his duty, and saved his friends from their tank when it was hit. Lost his best mate though.

He had a complete understanding of what it is like to lose people close to you, as do me and mum after losing him in one of the most unfair and difficult ways possible.

And he, like us, would say you don't parade someone's memory around to try and get what you want. And least of all on a poxy singing contest like XF. It diminishes their memory and how important they were.

He would actually be ashamed of me if I ever did that. Or said some of the things that poster did.
  • Options
    Sorcha_27Sorcha_27 Posts: 138,988
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thanks.

But my dad was in the army before, even lied about his age to enlist because he wanted to do his duty, and saved 3 of his friends from their tank when it was hit. Lost his best mate though.

He had a complete understanding of what it is like to lose people close to you, as do me and mum after losing him in one of the most unfair ways possible.

And he, like us, would say you don't parade someone's memory around to try and get what you want. And least of all on a poxy 'singing' contest like XF. It dismisses their memory and how important they were.

He would actually be ashamed of me if I ever did that. Or said some of the things that poster did.

Well said . you can be very proud of your dad. I agree with you about the x faxtor contestants using sob stories to manipulate the public and it pisses me off.

that ignorant comment reminded me of the tweeeter who said something similiar about tom daley during the olympics and both comments made me see red
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well said . you can be very proud of your dad. I agree with you about the x faxtor contestants using sob stories to manipulate the public and it pisses me off.

that ignorant comment reminded me of the tweeeter who said something similiar about tom daley during the olympics and both comments made me see red

Agreed.

And if it was a few more years ago I would have seen more than red at that comment.