Options

EE Funeral *spoiler*

KBambiKBambi Posts: 3,425
Forum Member
✭✭✭
http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/soaps/s2/eastenders/scoop/a436253/eastenders-funeral-confirmed-unseen-pictures.html?utm_source=twt&utm_medium=snets&utm_campaign=twitter#article_continue

Derek, played by Jamie Foreman, will be killed off in an upcoming storyline - but details of how he dies are being kept firmly under wraps by show bosses.

Cast and crew have been busy filming Derek's funeral episode in recent days, and new pictures have now been revealed offering a glimpse at the scenes in store.

Perhaps surprisingly given the animosity between them, Derek's son Joey seems to be one of the characters most affected by his father's passing. Joey's sister Alice is seen comforting him as he breaks down outside the church.

Foreman joined EastEnders as Derek late last year and his departure from the soap was confirmed last month.

Although Derek's death has not been officially confirmed as a murder, Max Branning has emerged as the bookies' favourite to kill him off.

ETA: EE site confirm it takes place in the New Year: http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/eastenders/2012/11/eastenders-says-goodbye-to-der.shtml

Comments

• Options
    rick182rick182 Posts: 11,092
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I wonder if Jim will return?..
  • Options
    SOAPYFANSOAPYFAN Posts: 2,095
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    His funeral is in a few weeks.....

He must be getting killed off sooner.

I thought Christmas Day was his death episode.

Maybe the pictures of him running from the thugs are actually his final episodes, and that the whole 'Who Kills Derek' thing is just somthing made up by fans?
  • Options
    KBambiKBambi Posts: 3,425
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just added the EE site article link in my original post :)
  • Options
    LennieLennie Posts: 25,362
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Joey really looks devastated, its gonna affect him badly it seems
  • Options
    FallingPianoFallingPiano Posts: 962
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    SOAPYFAN wrote: »

Maybe the pictures of him running from the thugs are actually his final episodes, and that the whole 'Who Kills Derek' thing is just somthing made up by fans?

The BBC site says the funeral is taking place at New Year.
  • Options
    priscillapriscilla Posts: 34,370
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes!!! He dies.
  • Options
    HarloweHarlowe Posts: 20,022
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    new year so must of filmed a lot of xmas day stuff already.
  • Options
    JaymaJayma Posts: 6,418
    Forum Member
    priscilla wrote: »
    Yes!!! He dies.

Call it karma for the appalling way he treated Pat on her deathbed nearly a year ago!
  • Options
    los.kavlos.kav Posts: 8,053
    Forum Member
    Now THAT looks like a Branning funeral!
  • Options
    rick182rick182 Posts: 11,092
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They need Jim there... Travesty Kirkwood axed him
  • Options
    monalisa62003monalisa62003 Posts: 56,964
    Forum Member
    Harlowe wrote: »
    new year so must of filmed a lot of xmas day stuff already.

finished filming xmas last week i reckon xmas day or boxing day is dereks last ep then funeral on new years day
  • Options
    OhWhenTheSaintsOhWhenTheSaints Posts: 12,531
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm gonna miss him :(
  • Options
    Dannielle_HowelDannielle_Howel Posts: 1,551
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    SOAPYFAN wrote: »

The "Who kills Derek" theory is made up by fans and it spread like wild fire. As soon as the forum users got a whisper of Dereks death, they linked it to a "Whodunnit"

I've always thought his last scenes would be the one where we see him running from those thugs. We will have to wait and see though as they are keeping very tight lipped.
  • Options
    Forum Member

i hope he has some scenes with phil before he goes. how wasted their feud was :(
  • Options
    valdvald Posts: 46,057
    Forum Member
    Plant him good and deep...we don't want any more returning from the grave.
  • Options
    priscillapriscilla Posts: 34,370
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jayma wrote: »
    Call it karma for the appalling way he treated Pat on her deathbed nearly a year ago!

Exactly and for beating up Michael. For bullying and threatening everyone.
  • Options
    HarloweHarlowe Posts: 20,022
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I never really like the character but his year on the show has been wasted, just portrayed as panto villain and now his been prematurely axed to safe face that his character on most failed
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Harlowe wrote: »
    I never really like the character but his year on the show has been wasted, just portrayed as panto villain and now his been prematurely axed to safe face that his character on most failed

wasnt he always going to leave i thought i read he was on a 6 month contract which was extended
  • Options
    elliecatelliecat Posts: 9,890
    Forum Member
    rick182 wrote: »
    They need Jim there... Travesty Kirkwood axed him

What a daft comment. John Bardon was hardly in a good state to carry on acting. Kirkwood could hardly be blamed for him not wanting to carry on after his stroke.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,535
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bet they filmed the same day as those other spoiler pics last week which seemed to be more like a christening. Probably do both together to save on costs ... in which case wonder if Derek will be at his own funeral ... pretty sure I saw something on here that Archie (actor) was at Archie's :p
  • Options
    BathshebaBathsheba Posts: 6,654
    Forum Member
    I think it'll turn out to be Tanya or Joey who killed him off (if it's a murder).
  • Options
    JaymaJayma Posts: 6,418
    Forum Member
    priscilla wrote: »
    Exactly and for beating up Michael. For bullying and threatening everyone.

Exactly - how could I not mention Michael?! :eek: Mind you, much as I hated what he did to him, there was something highly offensive about Derek harrassing a dying icon on her deathbed, which sticks in the mind for me.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,133
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ooh this is juicy I cant wait.
    Is that David Witts I see actually conveying some emotion? wonders will never cease :D
  • Options
    haphashhaphash Posts: 21,448
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

So will I. When they brought him in they overused him doing the hard man bit then they brought in his kids for no real reason and left him with nothing to do except be an overprotective father. Bad writing, not the fault of the actor.

Am getting a bit tired of characters being killed off unnecessarily. A man like Derek could easily leave on dodgy business and return in the future.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,325
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Haha David Witts is gonna try to act. Better turn the subtitles on.