Options

Taylor Swift Vs Adele

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,139
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Casual wrote: »
    What specifically are we being asked to judge them on?

The usual bitchy reasons like 90% of DS threads :)
  • Options
    Joe_ZelJoe_Zel Posts: 20,832
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm not too familiar with Taylor Swift. But if her X Factor performance is anything to go by, she's dreadful.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 237
    Forum Member
    One of them will be remembered. And her name is not Adele.
  • Options
    Hav_mor91Hav_mor91 Posts: 17,183
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

And the other could go the way of Shania Twain and where is she now ;)
  • Options
    my name is joemy name is joe Posts: 4,450
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i despair at this thread

nowhere else in the world other than this forum are these two recording artists linked in any way at all

it was geordieloon that started this but that's no excuse for anyone else to carry it on;)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 637
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

A ridicoulous statement. Even if Adele never releases another piece of music, she will always be remembered. You don't easily forget an artist who managed to sell over 25 million copies of one album. Even Madonna doesn't manage that these days.

Both artists are completely different. I've never understood the comparisons on this board to be honest. It is possible to like them both. :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 32
    Forum Member
    This is a random subject!!!

Lets do Beyonce vs Ellie Goulding next!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    People are mssing the point i'm not pitting them against each other in a VS way but that people usually bring them up in threads regarding the other so i thought to keep those clear of those petty arguments just create a dedicated thread for it ;)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,019
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Clancey83 wrote: »
    A ridicoulous statement. Even if Adele never releases another piece of music, she will always be remembered. You don't easily forget an artist who managed to sell over 25 million copies of one album. Even Madonna doesn't manage that these days.

Both artists are completely different. I've never understood the comparisons on this board to be honest. It is possible to like them both. :)

Of course you do, a high percentage of those sales were to randoms who dont own adele nothing, if adele has retired for good then in 10 years time people wont even remember who she was, sales mean nothing you need quality music to be remembered.
  • Options
    robo2robo2 Posts: 1,470
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Of course you do, a high percentage of those sales were to randoms who dont own adele nothing, if adele has retired for good then in 10 years time people wont even remember who she was, sales mean nothing you need quality music to be remembered.

most of the world doesnt even know who taylor swift is now, never mind in ten years
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hav_mor91 wrote: »
    People are mssing the point i'm not pitting them against each other in a VS way but that people usually bring them up in threads regarding the other so i thought to keep those clear of those petty arguments just create a dedicated thread for it ;)

You needed to word the thread title a bit different, like " jealous adele stans, posts your taylor dislikes here and nowhere else".;):D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

If that is the case it can be argued a large portion previously unaware of TS have been randoms so Red is a somewhat hollow victory and she will slide back to her previous position.

And also there have been artists who have had high albums sales have experienced longevitiy s its difficult to gauge until album #3.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If that is the case it can be argued a large portion previously unaware of TS have been randoms so Red is a somewhat hollow victory and she will slide back to her previous position.

And also there have been artists who have had high albums sales have experienced longevitiy s its difficult to gauge until album #3.

I cant comment on red but doubt many people who bought fearless and speak now were just randoms, she is not that sort of artist to attract a high proportion of randoms as she is not a substitute for another artist.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I cant comment on red but doubt many people who bought fearless and speak now were just randoms, she is not that sort of artist to attract a high proportion of randoms as she is not a substitute for another artist.

Substitue for who ?

And of course she is all artists atttract randoms they may have an album that crosses over its happened to loads of big name artists and its no bad thing.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

shes a substitute for jewel or leann rimes or any other of the country women in the last 20 years
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Substitue for who ?

And of course she is all artists atttract randoms they may have an album that crosses over its happened to loads of big name artists and its no bad thing.

All artists attract randoms but would guess 21 must be up there as having the geatest number of randoms ever. She has done nothing to gain any love from fans on a big scale and like any album that sells an unhealthy, unnatural number of records people will buy it to see what all the fuss is about especially when its cheap.

I would say adele is a substitute for susan boil certainly to start with.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    All artists attract randoms but would guess 21 must be up there as having the geatest number of randoms ever. She has done nothing to gain any love from fans on a big scale and like any album that sells an unhealthy, unnatural number of records people will buy it to see what all the fuss is about especially when its cheap.

I would say adele is a substitute for susan boil certainly to start with.

Firstly 21 is still full price even on itunes, And she has done alot to gain adoration from fans she has worked hard and solidly to get to where she is and has a massive appreciation for the people who buy her records and for most is seemingly down to earth and an antidote to the modern popstar.

And Susan Boyle never bought one of her records never will if youn really want to trace it back 2008 during the absense of Amy Winehouse and the start of the massive wave of British females i.e Duffy, Florence Welch, Ellie Goulding etc
  • Options
    Joe_ZelJoe_Zel Posts: 20,832
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    geordielady what are you smoking?

Some of the rubbish you come out with astounds me.

All these generalisations about Adele and then scrambling to try and make them not apply to Swift in return. lol

And Susan Boyle? Lmao. Where did that come from? They're not even in the same genre.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Firstly 21 is still full price even on itunes, And she has done alot to gain adoration from fans she has worked hard and solidly to get to where she is and has a massive appreciation for the people who buy her records and for most is seemingly down to earth and an antidote to the modern popstar.

And Susan Boyle never bought one of her records never will if youn really want to trace it back 2008 during the absense of Amy Winehouse and the start of the massive wave of British females i.e Duffy, Florence Welch, Ellie Goulding etc

21 was often reduced, it was at the 4 quid mark on more then one occasion in tescos, over the summer.
    My comments about adele doing nothing was simply that she has just released albums, no touring, nothing to buid a decent fanbase.
    Many people saw adele filling the hole that SB left behind, maybe it was just the style of both artists were simular. Adele appeals to some youngsters but also a high proportion of the sort of people who would buy SB style music. But am really talking about before the hysteria started when she was just a normal artist.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    21 was often reduced, it was at the 4 quid mark on more then one occasion in tescos, over the summer.
    My comments about adele doing nothing was simply that she has just released albums, no touring, nothing to buid a decent fanbase.
    Many people saw adele filling the hole that SB left behind, maybe it was just the style of both artists were simular. Adele appeals to some youngsters but also a high proportion of the sort of people who would buy SB style music. But am really talking about before the hysteria started when she was just a normal artist.

the lowest it has been on the tesco site is £7 stop fibbing
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

adele sounds nothing like susan boyle, the correct comparison would be with amy winehouse as they have a similar sound
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

In this instance i have to entirely disagree on two counts firslty Adele is nothing like Susan Boyle and has no relation as what hole was thre to fill as subo releases an album annually and prior to 21 released her second huge seller. And secondly Adele has toured not extensively perhaps but enough to build a solid fanbase. And coincidentally my favourite artist hasn't toured since 1979 but has one of the mst loyal and solid fanbases in the world so touring means sod all except mass revenue :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    In this instance i have to entirely disagree on two counts firslty Adele is nothing like Susan Boyle and has no relation as what hole was thre to fill as subo releases an album annually and prior to 21 released her second huge seller. And secondly Adele has toured not extensively perhaps but enough to build a solid fanbase. And coincidentally my favourite artist hasn't toured since 1979 but has one of the mst loyal and solid fanbases in the world so touring means sod all except mass revenue :)

She has not toured enough to build any kind of fanbase up,a few shows here and there are really not enough, I am sure your favourite who I assume is kate bush has a solid fanbase but guess its very small. To have a large dedicated fanbase you need to tour its a simple fact.
    I know for a fact many people though adele was another SB so it is of course just your opinion that adele did not fill that hole. Them sounding the same or not has no relation to it, for many she was another female artsit who just stood there singing dreary songs, and believe it or not many people like that kind of artist.
    I cetainly understand see why people said that as the first time I saw her sing my first thoughts were SB, simular drab looks and drab songs.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She has not toured enough to build any kind of fanbase up,a few shows here and there are really not enough, I am sure your favourite who I assume is kate bush has a solid fanbase but guess its very small. To have a large dedicated fanbase you need to tour its a simple fact.
    I know for a fact many people though adele was another SB so it is of course just your opinion that adele did not fill that hole. Them sounding the same or not has no relation to it, for many she was another female artsit who just stood there singing dreary songs, and believe it or not many people like that kind of artist.
    I cetainly understand see why people said that as the first time I saw her sing my first thoughts were SB, simular drab looks and drab songs.

my first thought on hearing taylor was another dreary country singer with limited talent
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

The fact of the matter is your arguments against Adele do not hold water as yes a majority of 19 sold after 21 but the fact still stands prior to 2011 she was a viable artist with two grammy's under her belt already and a US platinum album. 21 was always going to sell based on that factor alone before the hype or anything else 21 sold in excess of 200,000 copies in the Uk alone which was mostly the return of a dedicated fanbase myself included. And in my life i have never heard or seen any one making even a passing conection to Adele and Subo :p