Options

Helen Flanagan reveals she quit Corrie because of depression

Green KnickersGreen Knickers Posts: 756
Forum Member
✭✭
http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/showbiz/tv/4630708/Helen-Flanagan-Depression-made-me-quit-Coronation-Street.html Makes revelation in interview today and thinks some may assume her life is too perfect to suffer from depression.

Comments

• Options
    -Batman--Batman- Posts: 7,391
    Forum Member
    Gorgeous Looking lass hopefully one day she will return to the cobbles.

Looking forward to see Helen in the jungle in her bikini and her hot rack
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,519
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/showbiz/tv/4630708/Helen-Flanagan-Depression-made-me-quit-Coronation-Street.html Makes revelation in interview today and thinks some may assume her life is too perfect to suffer from depression.

Such a shame she has been hit by depression and depression isn't a respecter of whether you have a perfect life or not. If her depression has been caused by a chemical imbalance or too many negative experiences, she could be Princess Grace of Monaco and still suffer severe depression.

I liked the character of Rosie very much and I thought Helen played it very well. I always wondered why Corrie didn't make more of her but now I guess we know the reason why.

Hope she wins that battle though :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,519
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    -Batman- wrote: »

I might just watch IAC this year - it will be interesting to see if Helen is anything like her character in Corrie. The hot rack won't be much of an appeal to me though ;)

If she gets nabbed by the Tory MP - she could straight into Rosie-mode: no politician could handle that :D
  • Options
    Uncle FesterUncle Fester Posts: 15,357
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This was stated at the time
  • Options
    M@nterikM@nterik Posts: 6,982
    Forum Member
    Presumably she is "curing" this depression by having convenient photo-ops that then appear in the Sun and the Daily Mail and other tabloids.

I don't believe a word of it.
  • Options
    Sick BulletSick Bullet Posts: 20,770
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Rubbish like someone said it's just a stroppy diva wannabe, Depression is horrible I just don't believe that article.
  • Options
    HankshawHankshaw Posts: 4,224
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not curing it, just getting on with life. Although I think she'd be better off with the modelling and acting work rather than subjecting herself to the extreme conditions of a reality show. Especially one without creature comforts.
  • Options
    Utopian GirlUtopian Girl Posts: 8,275
    Forum Member
    Rubbish like someone said it's just a stroppy diva wannabe, Depression is horrible I just don't believe that article.

Me neither. She's be allegedly been strutting her stuff around our Welsh city, I never liked her, even in Corrie. Can't stand the wannabe either tbh.:mad: Brat IMO.
  • Options
    Stupid_HeadStupid_Head Posts: 37,826
    Forum Member
    Being depressed and going on a reality TV show that is filmed 24/7 is hardly the best combo.
  • Options
    FrankieSFrankieS Posts: 499
    Forum Member

She's not the best-looker on telly but worth watching for the quoted reasons.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,133
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

My thoughts exactly .
    I simply cannot wait to see this beautiful girl in the Jungle . Good times :D
  • Options
    LousianaLousiana Posts: 1,974
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She said when she left Corrie it was because of panic attacks.

I know it's not my place to doll out career advice but she needs to be careful with these raunchy shoots she is doing they are not exactly adding credibility to her acting career. (I'm referring to the ones of her in her bra and knickers that have appeared in other publications, not the one in the OP)

Although it's up to her I suppose and she may have given up acting for now.
  • Options
    Forum Member

Well she has done enough shoots and tabloid spreads for the whole of the UK to have seen them plenty of times.

Yeah, she has big norks, wow. So does Nadine Dorries.

It is all about her, more self-publicity and using this 'depression' thing to sell the show is, rather like Flanagan, very cheap.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Lousiana wrote: »
    She said when she left Corrie it was because of panic attacks.

I know it's not my place to doll out career advice but she needs to be careful with these raunchy shoots she is doing they are not exactly adding credibility to her acting career. (I'm referring to the ones of her in her bra and knickers that have appeared in other publications, not the one in the OP)

Although it's up to her I suppose and she may have given up acting for now.

She is the next Natalie Cassidy only slightly less classy.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,682
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    if she is anything at all like Rosie she wont last long in the jungle
  • Options
    LW09LW09 Posts: 3,301
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Being depressed and going on a reality TV show that is filmed 24/7 is hardly the best combo.

Denise Welch will vouch for that :o.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,133
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    M@nterik wrote: »
    Well she has done enough shoots and tabloid spreads for the whole of the UK to have seen them plenty of times.

Yeah, she has big norks, wow. So does Nadine Dorries.

It is all about her, more self-publicity and using this 'depression' thing to sell the show is, rather like Flanagan, very cheap.

What a ridiculous thing to say .
    What has Helen Flanagan ever done to you :confused::rolleyes:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    klendathu wrote: »
    What a ridiculous thing to say .
    What has Helen Flanagan ever done to you :confused::rolleyes:

What has that to do with anything :confused:

As for the other comment it was in response to a poster who seemed to be salivating at the thought of her in a bikini, mentioning her "rack".
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13,448
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Might have believed it if the article didn't coincide with her going into the jungle. Just seeking publicity and the sympathy vote already.
  • Options
    Louise32Louise32 Posts: 6,784
    Forum Member
    Panic attacks and depression especially severe depression can be hell on earth and absolutely anyone can suffer from it.

I wish her well and hope she recovers and feels better as soon as possible.
  • Options
    jw2011jw2011 Posts: 841
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It must be so depressing going to work in Television and getting payed thousands and thousands for it then going home to a big house with a lot of people that love her. Yep, where's the rope.
  • Options
    Louise32Louise32 Posts: 6,784
    Forum Member
    Kurt Cobain and Richey Edwards of the Manic Street Preachers were both rich famous rock stars.

One dead by suicide, other alcoholic, anorexic, self mutilator, disappeared and feared to have commited suicide.

Being wealthy doesn't make you immune to depression.

Although I think wealth helps to a certain extent as it gives you one less thing to worry about but it's not a cure all.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 25,310
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jw2011 wrote: »
    It must be so depressing going to work in Television and getting payed thousands and thousands for it then going home to a big house with a lot of people that love her. Yep, where's the rope.

Depression can affect absolutely anybody no matter how much money or how loved you are or what size of house you have. If you haven't experienced it, with all due respect you really have absolutely no idea what it can do to you.
  • Options
    FingersAndToesFingersAndToes Posts: 9,956
    Forum Member
    jw2011 wrote: »

How surprising, working on television, having tons of money, a big house and people who love them around them does not make someone immune from depression.

I actually commend her on going on with her life, but being open about her issues. It is shameful, that people who are open about their mental issues get bashed for it.
  • Options
    mvlocamvloca Posts: 955
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I have no doubt that depression can strike even someone with a seemingly "easy" life. I'm just very suspicious that she "reveals" this the day before she goes into the jungle. Also, if you read her little profile for I'm A Celeb she lists all her phobias as basically everything that happens in the bushtucker trials.

I have suffered from depression and anxiety. I had a lovely 8 months having to live with my parents and when getting out of bed and washed was an achievement. I can't believe someone with depression and anxiety as Helen claims would put herself up for such a thing! Her timing of this "news" speaks volumes. Obviously she's got a direct line to the KP School of Self Promotion!