Options

Maria and Marcus

Comments

• Options
    valtimmyvaltimmy Posts: 7,158
    Forum Member
    Louise32 wrote: »
    I think they could have done the scene better.

Sometimes you can see the attraction on screen and it's obvious there's something there but just didn't seem that way tonight.

I think Paul and Priya have better chemistry.

They are not in Corrie are they?
  • Options
    Louise32Louise32 Posts: 6,784
    Forum Member
    They're not no.

But just a comparison.
  • Options
    avon942avon942 Posts: 18,831
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well Marcus deep down is still attracted to men (at least he's bisexual) so odds are if they become a couple he'll cheat with men.

And what's Maria gonna do then? Realistically seeing the man you love sleeping with others is soul destroying and heart-breaking. Unless she agrees to an open relationship but I can't see it.

Three months at tops!

Marcus isn't bisexual. Only time will tell but I hope these two make a proper go of it.:)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    avon942 wrote: »
    Marcus isn't bisexual. Only time will tell but I hope these two make a proper go of it.:)

Well he was always attracted to men and now slept with a woman so seems to be acting like a bisexual! But I suppose he could just be confused.
  • Options
    Vodka_DrinkaVodka_Drinka Posts: 28,760
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't think the writers know what to do with Maria's character anymore. She's run her course and should have been written out years ago, having her suddenly seduce a gay man is ridiculous.
  • Options
    trevor tigertrevor tiger Posts: 38,000
    Forum Member
    I thought it was a very embarrassing scene. Marcus lunged at her in order I believe to get across how keen he was but nothing else about the kiss demonstrated any keenness, in fact far from it. Maybe because they are such good friends in real life they couldn't carry it off or maybe because Marcus is gay and is not and never will be attracted to a woman let alone his best pal :rolleyes:

I was all for this story line on hearing about it but it's been handled really badly and I'm not a bit convinced those 2 are attracted to each other.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,359
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well Marcus deep down is still attracted to men (at least he's bisexual) so odds are if they become a couple he'll cheat with men.

And what's Maria gonna do then? Realistically seeing the man you love sleeping with others is soul destroying and heart-breaking. Unless she agrees to an open relationship but I can't see it.

Three months at tops!

According to Charlie Condou, Marcus is gay. They are denying he's bisexual. I reckon he will eventually want to be with a man again and yes possibly cheat on Maria

This is my point about their friendship being ruined
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't think the writers know what to do with Maria's character anymore. She's run her course and should have been written out years ago, having her suddenly seduce a gay man is ridiculous.

Maria isn't suddenly seducing a gay man - they are two people who have fallen in love despite one of them being gay. This storyline has been building up for nearly a year. I think people forget it didn't start with a kiss.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Tom_Willis wrote: »
    According to Charlie Condou, Marcus is gay. They are denying he's bisexual. I reckon he will eventually want to be with a man again and yes possibly cheat on Maria

This is my point about their friendship being ruined

Well it will work out the way the writers want it to write out. I think it's easier to predict what might happen if it were real life but with fictional characters its a lot harder to predict.

It's gonna be intresting when Marcus's parents come to town for Christmas.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I don't see how Marcus can be gay if he's slept with a woman.

That's like eating steak and saying you're vegetarian.

I think there's a sexual spectrum and he's mostly but not completely gay.
  • Options
    hetty100hetty100 Posts: 4,873
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought they had really good chemistry, I think he bedded her a bit too quickly though, It seemed strange that Marcus would have had sex with a woman so instantly, they should have been together a while first.
    Can't wait for the fall out:p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Marcus can't even blame drink on it!
  • Options
    priscillapriscilla Posts: 34,370
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Agree.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    avon942 wrote: »
    Well it will work out the way the writers want it to write out. I think it's easier to predict what might happen if it were real life but with fictional characters its a lot harder to predict.

It's gonna be intresting when Marcus's parents come to town for Christmas.

Sometimes it doesn't work out the way the writers want it to work out

For example, Marlon and Laurel in Emmerdale, Sunita's mid-life crisis etc

I am looking forward to seeing Marcus's parents though
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    hetty100 wrote: »
    I thought they had really good chemistry, I think he bedded her a bit too quickly though, It seemed strange that Marcus would have had sex with a woman so instantly, they should have been together a while first.
    Can't wait for the fall out:p

I wouldn't want to be Marcus when Jason find out!:eek:
  • Options
    trevor tigertrevor tiger Posts: 38,000
    Forum Member
    I get the story they are trying to portray and I believe it is possible though very rare for a gay man and heterosexual woman to fall in love. The problem is I don't believe Maria and Marcus in this story line. It's down to a mixture of rushing and forcing the story line and the actors for whatever reason not being able to put it across plausibly.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I find it difficult to believe too

We'll see what happens after they've been together for some time
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

It is a complex storyline but Charlie who plays Marcus has given some fantastic interviews which should help explain the storyline - worth a read.:)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Charlie Condou was on This Morning today talking about the story line
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Tom_Willis wrote: »
    Charlie Condou was on This Morning today talking about the story line

Yeah they showed a great up comming clip from next Mondays episode.
  • Options
    fi_onafi_ona Posts: 1,066
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Has Stuart Blackburn taken over CS yet?

Oh no, not quite yet.
    Trust me you really would have noticed. Total character asasination. Getting rid of really well loved characters.
    Trust me, had SB have been in charge a few months ago, Ken Barlow would have copped it from being a newly recruited tram driver, who in the live episode would have crashed the tram off the viaduct and landed his driving cab in the front shop of the bookies at the feet of his son Peter who would then have run amok in the street and due to a serious personality change killed off even more of the most loved characters.
    So rest assured, truly you would know if stuart blackburn had taken over, coz you wouldnt recognise a soul that you knew and loved walking those hallowed cobbles.
  • Options
    AngiBearAngiBear Posts: 3,004
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    On another note, how big is Maria's flat in Corrie? She lives there with Jason, Marcus, Kirk and little Liam. It doesn't look any bigger than a two bedroom flat so do Maria, Jason and little Liam share a room and Kirk shares with Marcus, you could see this being a problem when Aidan also stays over.
  • Options
    Lucy LouLucy Lou Posts: 8,574
    Forum Member
    priscilla wrote: »
    Agree.

Yep I agree also, I am just finding this whole SL unrealistic
  • Options
    dancingdemelzadancingdemelza Posts: 536
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They're not no.

But just a comparison.
    So who the heck are Paul and Priya? In fact what's a Priya? Without saying what they're in (presumably they're characters in another soap), you might just as well have said Pinky and Perky.
  • Options
    40-40J's40-40J's Posts: 6,067
    Forum Member
    Any Gay men/women on here that can shed some light on the subject or know anyone that it has happened to?

Would be interesting to hear.