Options

Jimmy Saville to be revealed as a paedophile? (Part 5)

Comments

• Options
    jamtamarajamtamara Posts: 2,250
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Interesting that in the brother of Sutcliffe interview the photo of the Yorkshire Ripper and Frank Bruno shaking hands with JS looking on had Bruno omitted/cropped from the image.
  • Options
    dollylovesshoesdollylovesshoes Posts: 14,531
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Clifford on protecting his clients (this may get deleted) so watch asap

https://player.vimeo.com/video/53035544
  • Options
    mmpfbmmpfb Posts: 14,768
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    clemmati wrote: »
    I just watched it.

Cameron said

"... there is a danger that if we are not careful this could turn into a sort of witch-hunt particularly against people who are gay"

And he's right.

Except are any of them actually self-defined as 'gay' other than the ex BB contestant?

The Thatcher bankroller has been married three times...

The name I'm most dubious about being accurate is married.

I haven't seen the names on the card but 1/ it's a terrible deflection. And 2/ Cameron is the one here who is conflating paedophilia with homosexuality, not the media for once.

Paedophilia involving young boys is a paedophiliac thing, not a gay thing.
  • Options
    premixxedpremixxed Posts: 3,364
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Clifford on protecting his clients (this may get deleted) so watch asap

https://player.vimeo.com/video/53035544

Clifford reminds me of this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ANPsHKpti48
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 313
    Forum Member
    yorkiegal wrote: »
    I completely agree with this. There's been a lot of language on blogs such as ''predatory homosexual'' which has made me uncomfortable. If there was a paedophile ring in operation the main focus should be on the fact that people are paedophiles, not whether they are gay or straight. There's an inference on the web that gay men are going after young boys which is not the case.

Hate to say it, but I agree with Cameron too... that was a cheap attempt at a 'money shot' from Schofield in my view... not sure he's up to doing grown-up journalism.
  • Options
    Pisces CloudPisces Cloud Posts: 30,240
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mmpfb wrote: »
    Except are any of them actually self-defined as 'gay' other than the ex BB contestant?

The Thatcher bankroller has been married three times...

The name I'm most dubious about being accurate is married.

I haven't seen the names on the card but 1/ it's a terrible deflection. And 2/ Cameron is the one here who is conflating paedophilia with homosexuality, not the media for once.

Paedophilia involving young boys is a paedophiliac thing, not a gay thing.

I thought he was playing the homophobic card too for deflection purposes.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,095
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    clemmati wrote: »
    I just watched it.

Cameron said

"... there is a danger that if we are not careful this could turn into a sort of witch-hunt particularly against people who are gay"

And he's right.

A danger that something could happen versus 40 years of something that is already happening i.e. the cover-up.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6
    Forum Member
    Eurostar wrote: »
    Even shorter I believe : Miss Jones' diary says he first arrived in February 1974 and we know the Duncroft girls were appearing at the BBC within weeks.

It's quite unclear why Saville seemed to lose interest in the place and why there are no accounts of him still visiting post-1974.
    The so called Visitors book which Saville autographed is questioned by many ex girls and the Teacher was banned from the site she posted on because a couple of girls believed she was not an ex teacher but a fake.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6
    Forum Member
    The so called Visitors book which Saville autographed is questioned by many ex girls and the Teacher was banned from the site she posted on because a couple of girls believed she was not an ex teacher but a fake.
  • Options
    ebjeebeebjeebe Posts: 7,810
    Forum Member
    bubble2 wrote: »
    A danger that something could happen versus 40 years of something that is already happening i.e. the cover-up.

Intelligent people are capable of seeing the difference between a gay person and a paedophile. We act NOW Cameron to protect children - NOW - we don't spend time thinking about what an ignorant imbecile might make of it all and get on with protecting the victims and future victims. They're the most important ones in all of this. They have no voices. The Gay community are very strong and quite capable of speaking out about ignorance and paying no attention to it.
  • Options
    i4ui4u Posts: 55,038
    Forum Member
    I never voted for Cameron:confused:

I've never voted Tory in my life. Don't understand your post at all TBH.

Which in no way would colour your interpretation of events regarding Cameron.

Did Schofield say what names were on the paper, do we know which names out the multitude of names floating around on the internet were on the list?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 178
    Forum Member
    I completely agree with this. There's been a lot of language on blogs such as ''predatory homosexual'' which has made me uncomfortable. If there was a paedophile ring in operation the main focus should be on the fact that people are paedophiles, not whether they are gay or straight. There's an inference on the web that gay men are going after young boys which is not the case.

Seconded. I can't believe they would print a list off the internet and show it to Cameron. If This Morning is going to stray into the world of investigative journalism, they need to do more than spend three minutes on the internet. I despair.
  • Options
    Forum Member

Hello,
    The teacher being Theo?

Are you ex Duncroft?
  • Options
    premixxedpremixxed Posts: 3,364
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thinking about it, it's really tragic how this has happened.

Especially with so many knowing.

My father was a police officer in his prolific time (I am estranged from him) but he used to receive 'gifts' from JS (pipes, cigars & even a bracelet)

Was he being bought to keep quiet?
  • Options
    NosnikraplNosnikrapl Posts: 2,572
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I have to say I agree with this. Also a tone in places (elsewhere on web) of anti-semitism. This issue is of paedophilia & is not about race / sexuality / class / profession. I am concerned that some of those speaking out of the victims have underlying reasons for doing it which is going to prevent them from being open to all sections of society being involved. For instance when Tom Watson stands up in parliament & asks questions regarding 'known' labour paedophiles/D-notices then I will give him some credit. Until he does I will view it as him being partisan / playing to the gallery rather than genuine interest in the victims. He's proven with the phone-hacking it was totally/completely about politics as the recent cases going to court relating to Daily Mirror he is silent about. For me this just shows him up & his motives are not to be trusted. He'll expose what he thinks will suit him & his cronies - nothing more / nothing less.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    pina74 wrote: »
    Seconded. I can't believe they would print a list off the internet and show it to Cameron. If This Morning is going to stray into the world of investigative journalism, they need to do more than spend three minutes on the internet. I despair.

Yesterday the name Philip Schofield was all over the internet, so he must have done something.

Most times the names that keep popping up for me are Chantelle & Alex! But I don't think it has anything to with Savile.
  • Options
    Theo_BearTheo_Bear Posts: 997
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think I just saw Gordon on that list.

Gordon
  • Options
    welwynrosewelwynrose Posts: 33,666
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ebjeebe wrote: »
    Intelligent people are capable of seeing the difference between a gay person and a paedophile. We act NOW Cameron to protect children - NOW - we don't spend time thinking about what an ignorant imbecile might make of it all and get on with protecting the victims and future victims. They're the most important ones in all of this. They have no voices. The Gay community are very strong and quite capable of speaking out about ignorance and paying no attention to it.

Unfortunately there are a lot of morons out there who probably don't know the difference and people have committed suicide after their lives have been ruined by rumours
  • Options
    tenchgirltenchgirl Posts: 11,100
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So hundreds of lines of enquiry yet no more arrests since freddie starr. Seams to be a lot of feet dragging as far as I can see. How many weeks now has this investigation been going, how many more weeks do they need to start calling people in for chats.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 313
    Forum Member
    John Jillings unsure re names named in #Clywd report; maybe his co-authors Prof Tunstall or Gerrilyn Smith have clearer memories? Has anyone asked them specifically?
  • Options
    What name??What name?? Posts: 26,623
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i4u wrote: »
    In rape cases I believe woman used to be named but it was felt publicity and the way they were portrayed in court did not encourage woman who'd been raped to report the offence.

And yet we are at a point that children who were raped have been forced to openly speak about their abuse in order to push the police and prosectution services to act (and even that may not work) and meanwhile people who have multiple child rape accusations made against them right to privacy is respected and are not arrested.

What does that say about how seriously we view child rape as opposed to that of an adult?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    tenchgirl wrote: »
    So hundreds of lines of enquiry yet no more arrests since freddie starr. Seams to be a lot of feet dragging as far as I can see. How many weeks now has this investigation been going, how many more weeks do they need to start calling people in for chats.

Seeing as a lot of the accusation go back 30/40 years its going to take some time to collate and check people's statements
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 200
    Forum Member
    Ermm, they are homosexual we need to pay attention.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    And yet we are at a point that children who were raped have been forced to openly speak about their abuse in order to push the police and prosectution services to act (and even that may not work) and meanwhile people who have multiple child rape accusations made against them right to privacy is respected and are not arrested.

What does that say about how seriously we view child rape as opposed to that of an adult?

so you're happy for people that are accused to be named in the press
  • Options
    muddipawsmuddipaws Posts: 3,300
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mr Schofield needs to stick to "light entertainment and journalism" this was a very stupid thing to do, am sure it was with good intent, but what it has done is backfire on him and made a mockery of the seriousness of the whole situation
This discussion has been closed.