Options

The Wright Stuff Discussion Thread (Part 2)

Comments

• Options
    stefthepeststefthepest Posts: 4,109
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    logansdad wrote: »
    And Jeremy Edwards???? Good Grief! Looks like i'll be catching up on stuff on Sky+ next week. Unless the third guest is fantastic i wont be bothering.

I like Jeremy and at least he'll be a counterbalance to Yasmin. As for Roy Walker what has he got to plug the DVD of Catchphrase?

Will be looking forward to see John from GBBO he's lovely.

As for Anne Diamond she appears almost as regularly as Lowri Turner and I can't stand either of them!
  • Options
    guernseysnailguernseysnail Posts: 18,922
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I like Jeremy and at least he'll be a counterbalance to Yasmin. As for Roy Walker what has he got to plug the DVD of Catchphrase?

Will be looking forward to see John from GBBO he's lovely.

As for Anne Diamond she appears almost as regularly as Lowri Turner and I can't stand either of them!

It's Edd Kimber the winner of the 1st series of GBBO that going to be appearing...I thought it was John too until I read the 'who's on next week' bit..I didn't watch the 1st series so don't know much about him!
  • Options
    stefthepeststefthepest Posts: 4,109
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's Edd Kimber the winner of the 1st series of GBBO that going to be appearing...I thought it was John too until I read the 'who's on next week' bit..I didn't watch the 1st series so don't know much about him!

Oh blast thanks for letting me know. He was the red haired bloke with glasses, quite nice who has written a book on baking. I think he has his own cookery school too although I could be wrong.
  • Options
    DVDfeverDVDfever Posts: 18,535
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Jon Ross wrote: »
    I think Madeley must have forgotten that he and Judy once ran a competition on This Morning for people to go on a date with Gary Glitter. :eek:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jvksWOyoD_U

I just spat my drink across the room when one of the questions was: If he fell off his platforms & sprained his ankle, how would you soothe the pain? :D
  • Options
    Cherry-chocCherry-choc Posts: 4,865
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yasmin was largely right on Saudi weapons and there were great calls from Matt and Steve. Can't quite equate it to slavery Yaz...there will always be a need for slaves and weapons in this world, it's human nature to fight and establish hierarchies. I'd take the pragmatic view - if we weren't arming 'em then others would and our economy can't afford not to exploit one of the few areas that we do still lead the world in.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Matt Curdle. Another Syco refugee? Audience are well obnoxious, led by the caramac mutton bird. Odd time for Wrighty to embrace the XF shortly before the Syco cashcow dies on its arse (hopefully).

More banal moralising about racism in football to look forward too, oh joy. If anything homophobia is the bigger issue. Football has jumped the shark in a big way when the actual footy comes secondary to reporting on the ref, pre-match handshakes and the rest.
  • Options
    yorkiegalyorkiegal Posts: 18,929
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Not sure I'll be voting for the police commissioner in my area. We only have one labour and one tory candidate. I can't bring myself to vote tory and I've had dealings with the labour candidate who would break the sound barrier to get to a photo opportunity but doesn't do much else of anything.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    BoJo has the de facto role as police commish where I am, that'll do me. Politicising the police seems foolish but it's bound to happen one way or another - maybe it's better that it is out in the open rather than behind closed doors.

No Yasmin today. If you miss the right-on lefty then fret not - tomorrow it's the bloke who seems to exist in a liberal bubble, Marcus Brigstocke (11th hour booking? Website has Friday as TBC).
  • Options
    AlrightmateAlrightmate Posts: 73,120
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yasmin was largely right on Saudi weapons and there were great calls from Matt and Steve. Can't quite equate it to slavery Yaz...there will always be a need for slaves and weapons in this world, it's human nature to fight and establish hierarchies. I'd take the pragmatic view - if we weren't arming 'em then others would and our economy can't afford not to exploit one of the few areas that we do still lead the world in.

Well in that case we wouldn't be best placed to be pointing our finger at other countries accusing them of amassing weapons and declaring that they are a threat to us would we?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well in that case we wouldn't be best placed to be pointing our finger at other countries accusing them of amassing weapons and declaring that they are a threat to us would we?
    Indeed. But that's what we do - this hypocrisy is usually pointed out by the likes of Russia and China but tends to be ignored. We find comfort in having a democratic system (in name only) and free press (owned by a handful of rich folk who tend to avoid tax).

Yeah, in no position to lecture anyone on the subject. It's a wonder anyone listens really.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Matt Curdle. Another Syco refugee? Audience are well obnoxious, led by the caramac mutton bird. Odd time for Wrighty to embrace the XF shortly before the Syco cashcow dies on its arse (hopefully).

I couldn't think of a more tedious guest than Milk Curdle.
    More banal moralising about racism in football to look forward too, oh joy. If anything homophobia is the bigger issue. Football has jumped the shark in a big way when the actual footy comes secondary to reporting on the ref, pre-match handshakes and the rest.

To tackle football racism, just get each racist to wave a chair leg under a blanket. Then send in a police marksman.
    yorkiegal wrote: »
    Not sure I'll be voting for the police commissioner in my area. We only have one labour and one tory candidate. I can't bring myself to vote tory and I've had dealings with the labour candidate who would break the sound barrier to get to a photo opportunity but doesn't do much else of anything.

I'll vote a protest vote, at the most.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Also had a thought about something Matthew does that annoys me. Kevin makes a standard joke about something, eg. Pollyanna Woodward keeping her clothes on for a change, and Matthew laughs as if Kev's just said the most acerbic thing ever in the history of the universe :rolleyes:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 961
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Indeed. But that's what we do - this hypocrisy is usually pointed out by the likes of Russia and China but tends to be ignored. We find comfort in having a democratic system (in name only) and free press (owned by a handful of rich folk who tend to avoistoryd tax).

Yeah, in no position to lecture anyone on the subject. It's a wonder anyone listens really.

They don't. We brits all love to point and act all self righteous because at this time in our history we can, but that will certainly change over the next century as our status, wealth and power declines and i fear other countries will point the finger at us first.
  • Options
    ValentineValentine Posts: 3,860
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    DVDfever wrote: »
    Also had a thought about something Matthew does that annoys me. Kevin makes a standard joke about something, eg. Pollyanna Woodward keeping her clothes on for a change, and Matthew laughs as if Kev's just said the most acerbic thing ever in the history of the universe :rolleyes:

O'Sullivan is about as acerbic and witty as a day old kitten, the man's a plank. For real wit, he should get Stuart Heritage on, or bring Ian Hyland back.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 21,093
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Have I missed any mention of Phillip Schofield?
  • Options
    swaydogswaydog Posts: 5,653
    Forum Member
    Have I missed any mention of Phillip Schofield?

Yes, but the 1st issue was "should Cameron apologise for gay paedo smear?"
    Not ,"did Cameron smear gay's as paedos?"
    Suggesting that he smeared gays was already a given and the issue was just whether he should apologise.
    Edwards and Bridgestock and 2 callers didn't think he did smear gays.
    One women caller said Cameron's sent us back to the dark ages:rolleyes: and Schofield was right to bring it up.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,910
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    swaydog wrote: »
    One women caller said Cameron's sent us back to the dark ages:rolleyes:

i know, i found that a bit OTT too!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,910
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Whats with Wrights obsession with Jeremy Kyle?:confused:
  • Options
    Westy2Westy2 Posts: 14,608
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    pjw1985 wrote: »
    Whats with Wrights obsession with Jeremy Kyle?:confused:

He wants to have his babies! LOL
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 21,093
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    swaydog wrote: »
    Yes, but the 1st issue was "should Cameron apologise for gay paedo smear?"
    Not ,"did Cameron smear gay's as paedos?"
    Suggesting that he smeared gays was already a given and the issue was just whether he should apologise.
    Edwards and Bridgestock and 2 callers didn't think he did smear gays.
    One women caller said Cameron's sent us back to the dark ages:rolleyes: and Schofield was right to bring it up.

Damn. Thanks for that though :)
  • Options
    iamsofirediamsofired Posts: 13,054
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ooh man vs food guy is on next week. :D
  • Options
    WoodentopWoodentop Posts: 3,088
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    For a well read educated man, Wright took an extreme misinterpretation of Cameron's response to the Schofield ambush. There again his show has a so obvious leftist outlook that he picks any opportunity to slate or slant debate. This was classic. He had to accept by end that he had gone down the wrong path, but it was a ridiculous position to start a highly topical debate.
  • Options
    StrakerStraker Posts: 79,934
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    McMoron, Dominic and Fatima next week.....Jayzus Chroist, what a line-up!
  • Options
    whirlingthunderwhirlingthunder Posts: 147
    Forum Member
    Yay Fatima Bingo! :) 'Grass Roots' and 'The Young Youth' already confirmed favourites. LIz Bingo: 'I, I, I, err, err, err, I, I, I...' Scintillating stuff I'm sure you'll agree. I'll probably have to change it to a drinking game :yawn:
  • Options
    ValentineValentine Posts: 3,860
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    iamsofired wrote: »
    Ooh man vs food guy is on next week. :D

Best guest EVER!! Cannot wait :)
This discussion has been closed.