Options

Jimmy Saville to be revealed as a paedophile? (Part 5)

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 799
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    pina74 wrote: »
    She appears to be 'inactive' now, whatever that means.

I'm all for people forming their opinions based on facts only, by reading the original documents etc., but impartiality doesn't have to be incompatible with empathy.

Oops - and there was me assuming it was a man speaking like that. Apologies men... :o

I do hope she chooses a career over children.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 87,224
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Neville calling it:

Neville Thurlbeck‏ @nthurlbeck
    BBC DG has quit
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 178
    Forum Member
    Shy11 wrote: »
    Oops - and there was me assuming it was a man speaking like that. Apologies men... :o

I do hope she chooses a career over children.

No, you're right, the profile says male.
    My bad. :cool:
  • Options
    Logan_FiveLogan_Five Posts: 854
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He had to go.

Sadly, I bet he will be getting a good pay off. :(
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,414
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nosnikrapl wrote: »
    It was actually quite simple BBC is a wounded animal & it was lashing out at its arch enemy the Tory Party.

I do think that former Chief of C5 was spot on.(earlier on the news)
    BBC has to get some order before Children in need.
    At this rate they are just begging for the Goverment to come in and basically rip them apart and rebuild.
  • Options
    Phoenix LazarusPhoenix Lazarus Posts: 17,321
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Aidan11 wrote: »
    Entwhistle has gone - confirmed.

Really? I've just Googled. Nothing on there about him having left his post.:confused:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not on the Beeb 9pm News.
  • Options
    lexi22lexi22 Posts: 16,394
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Think they may need to give it a break until say after Christmas. Entwistle needs to go.

Does he? I'm not so sure. He looks to me like someone that's also under heavy manners. Very odd all this, a benchmark news programme peopled by senior, very experienced journalists, all suddenly behaving like headless chickens and acting as if they've only been in the job for 5 minutes with schoolboy errors at every turn.

Be interesting to know what's really going on behind the scenes because we're getting only a fraction of the real story imo.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 638
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Has he went?
  • Options
    Aidan11Aidan11 Posts: 539
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Really? I've just Googled. Nothing on there about him having left his post.:confused:

Lucy Manning broke it via Twitter.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Andrew Neil ‏@afneil

Well no statement so far on the 9pm news. False alarm?
  • Options
    EurostarEurostar Posts: 78,519
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Concern is I think that the programme is basically at war within its ranks & lacking necessary quality resource. Unless BBC can find folks quickly to put in there the risk is going to be of there being more cock-ups

Agree that the current editorial policy is disastrous but I think the actual programme is salvageable.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Andrew Neil ‏@afneil

ITV reporting Entwhistle has resigned. I await confirmation. Not on BBC News so far.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Eurostar wrote: »
    Agree that the current editorial policy is disastrous but I think the actual programme is salvageable.

what gives me hope are shows like Panorama and the Brilliant job they did getting convictions of the abuse of the disabled people in the Carehome.

theres a large section of the BBC thats working,Makes you wonder if only they didnt pull the JS story in the first place.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 461
    Forum Member
    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/crime/jimmy-savile/9667935/I-do-not-doubt-men-in-smart-cars-preyed-on-boys-but-justice-needs-detective-work-not-trial-by-media.html

I don't think this has been posted yet but lots more info about the cover-ups in this article and a balanced view on the best way to expose the truth.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Andrew Neil ‏@afneil

ITV reporting Entwhistle has resigned. I await confirmation. Not on BBC News so far.

No sympathy for him if true : he has come across as a bumbling buffoon for the last few weeks devoid of any leadership qualities.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 466
    Forum Member
    Because there are a few on here who are lazy / have an agenda / are terribly busy making their own prejudices fit the few available facts / have worked themselves into a drooling frenzy of prurience.

It is all very unseemly. surely the priority here is all wrong? There are paedophiles out there, that is a fact. Most paedophillic activity takes place within families. Victims of paedophiles often do not feel able to come forward and accuse their abusers. We should be trying our damndest, as a nation, to ensure that victims are able to come forward WITHOUT their horrific experiences being turned into a three ring circus for the media and certain sectors of the public to dribble over.

My admiration for Mr. Messham has grown by leaps and bounds, he has realised that he had been mistaken as to the identity of one of his abusers and has had the great courage to say so in the full glare of publicity. A very brave thing to do IMO. We should admire that bravery, not (as some are doing) assume that he is some poor weak soul who has been pushed into it. He is a survivor and deserves our respect. I profoundly hope that he realises the strength he has shown and that this helps him find some peace of mind.

Fingers down throat time.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    BBC scooped on its own story by ITN and Sky News? Weird if it's true.
  • Options
    NosnikraplNosnikrapl Posts: 2,572
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lexi22 wrote: »
    Does he? I'm not so sure. He looks to me like someone that's also under heavy manners. Very odd all this, a benchmark news programme peopled by senior, very experienced journalists, all suddenly behaving like headless chickens and acting as if they've only been in the job for 5 minutes with schoolboy errors at every turn.

Be interesting to know what's really going on behind the scenes because we're getting only a fraction of the real story imo.

Did you listen to him on Today programme this morning? Shocking.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

How did he ever get the job? He sounds like some faceless civil servant thrown in at the deep end.
  • Options
    NosnikraplNosnikrapl Posts: 2,572
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    BBC scooped on its own story by ITN and Sky News? Weird.

Par for the course of late.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 178
    Forum Member

I missed that. Was it bad?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

what struck me.
    people in this thread had a greater insight of whats going on
    you would never think he was basically the Boss of the BBC.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    pina74 wrote: »
    I missed that. Was it bad?

It's on I-Player. Item starts c. 90mins in.
  • Options
    brancakebrancake Posts: 259
    Forum Member
    overline wrote: »
    This bus-stop poster seems to have a very similar posting style to that homophobic poster that was banned just before the bus-stop turned-up.

Or, should I say he 'had' a very similar posting style, just noticed he's now an 'inactive member'.

Mmmmm. I was wondering whether BusStop appeared after a certain person arrived back from Paris seeing as he/she seemed determined to insult all paedophile victims, including the Duncroft girls.
This discussion has been closed.