Options

Jimmy Saville to be revealed as a paedophile? (Part 5)

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 466
    Forum Member
    taratia123 wrote: »
    I think this has happened for one reason -

to distract forum members from the case in hand.

Newsnight mucked up - but they are not stupid. They are already being investigated, why on earth would they take the chance of looking like idiots? They named nobody.
    Philip Schofield named nobody - you would have had to have great eyesight.

David Cameron speaks out on it. It is all over the news.

Are we forgetting this is the country that

had Saville, a paedophile on our screens for years.

He managed to stop papers printing about him.
    He was given an OBE and made a sir
    He was given keys to Broadmoor.
    He had access to hospitals, schools.
    He was great friends with royalty and advised them.
    He was great friends with the Police.

People were looking into saville and his connections.

Maybe auntie, needed the Macalpine story to be true, to take the heat off of them.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 87,224
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    News special on BBC1 @ 22.50 - that'll piss off the Match of the Day fans!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 178
    Forum Member
    brandon99 wrote: »
    No but the point is that they gave credence to the rumours, and added bravado to the internet chatterati who then ramped up their name and shame campaign on the basis that 'if Newsnight and the BBC think it's true, then we really are onto something'.

Sad about this for so many reasons.

Sad that Lord McAlpine has been so badly libelled and defamed for so many years (and I hate the Tories, not least Thatcherism, so find his politics vile).

Sad for Steve Messham on a personal level.

Sad for the other abuse victims whose cause has been set back by this.

Sad to see those who wish to bring the BBC to its knees being given powerful fuel for their cause (whatever you say, it's one of the best media institutions out there - just needs a major shake-up in terms of how it's run).

I agree on every point, but I also thought it was shocking for people like George Monbiot and Sally Bercow (well, maybe not so shocking in her case) to tweet the name.
    A London correspondent of Al-Jazeera actually named McAlpine as the subject of the Newsnight report hours before it went on air.
  • Options
    NosnikraplNosnikrapl Posts: 2,572
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    hydon wrote: »
    Maybe auntie, needed the Macalpine story to be true, to take the heat off of them.

Never a truer word said. They wanted so desperately to implicate the Tories that they lost their heads. I know that sounds ridiculous but I do think it was that simple.

http://blogs.telegraph.co.uk/news/damianthompson/100188920/the-bbc-wanted-to-read-the-words-paedophile-and-tory-in-the-same-headline-but-things-didnt-go-to-plan/
  • Options
    Pisces CloudPisces Cloud Posts: 30,240
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    festyflo wrote: »
    It seems the latest Newsnight fiasco was the final nail in the coffin for George although they didn't name names and have apologised. It may just be me being cynical but perhaps this is the end result that was wanted. Bloggers and journalists to back off and stop asking awkward questions, the new DG now sacked, all sorted, job done.

I still find it incredible that no-one involved, including journalistic investigators, bothered to produce a photograph to make sure. If they actually did, why not say anything now? Perhaps we haven't heard the full story, yet.
  • Options
    DiamondDollDiamondDoll Posts: 21,460
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Does anyone know anything about a Ken Livingstone radio interview this morning, in which he supposedly alluded to MI5 filming abuse at a care home?

What?:confused:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 127
    Forum Member
    He seemed convinced it was Lord Mcalpine because police told him

smoke and mirrors isnt it? somebody deliberately told that poor guy the man in the pic was mcalpine how can this ever be resolved? that was the reason the victim was mislead as to assailants identity imo.
  • Options
    NosnikraplNosnikrapl Posts: 2,572
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    pina74 wrote: »
    I agree on every point, but I also thought it was shocking for people like George Monbiot and Sally Bercow (well, maybe not so shocking in her case) to tweet the name.
    A London correspondent of Al-Jazeera actually named McAlpine as the subject of the Newsnight report hours before it went on air.

Guardian the newspaper arm of BBC were in for the kill as well on this story. They put a massive U-turn in making out they were supporting McAlpine when it became clear they had got it so wrong. Attempt to avoid libel but suspect it may not work.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Stephen Fry ‏@stephenfry
    Inevitable George Entwistle would fall on his sword. Damned for stopping a Newsnight, damned for allowing one. A kind, wise man. Heigh ho.

Aasmah Mir‏ @AasmahMir
    Please read Jeremy Paxman's statement via @CapelLand: Entwistle’s departure a great shame. He has been brought low by cowards + incompetents
  • Options
    Pisces CloudPisces Cloud Posts: 30,240
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What?:confused:
    I've seen mentioned on other forums that Ken Livingstone gave a London radio interview this morning in which he allegedly claimed that MI5 secretly filmed politicians abusing children in a care home, for blackmail purposes. So, wondered if anyone on here had heard anything and could report what was actually said, if anything was.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oops, techical snafu with the BBC1 news report. Stuck on the graphic.
    Then only shows the last few words of Entwistle's statement.
  • Options
    Theo_BearTheo_Bear Posts: 997
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Love Kate Silverton wearing full black. You'd have thought the Queen had died. :D
  • Options
    skp20040skp20040 Posts: 66,874
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Does anyone know anything about a Ken Livingstone radio interview this morning, in which he supposedly alluded to MI5 filming abuse at a care home?

Secret service involvement in order to blackmail people has been alluded to for a long time.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've seen mentioned on other forums that Ken Livingstone gave a London radio interview this morning in which he allegedly claimed that MI5 secretly filmed politicians abusing children in a care home, for blackmail purposes. So, wondered if anyone on here had heard anything and could report what was actually said, if anything was.

MI5 being involved in this whole saga is well known if you know where to look. Either Ken has just picked this up from basic Google searches and is repeating it without evidence (not clever given what's happened today), or he really does know how deep the rabbit hole goes.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 127
    Forum Member
    Theo_Bear wrote: »
    Love Kate Silverton wearing full black. You'd have thought the Queen had died. :D

glad she didnt wear a polo neck her ears are in the wrong place for a polo neck....;)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 29
    Forum Member
    Nosnikrapl wrote: »
    Never a truer word said. They wanted so desperately to implicate the Tories that they lost their heads. I know that sounds ridiculous but I do think it was that simple.

If that was there aim why did they run with the story of a living individual who could sue. They could have dragged out the name of the late Sir Peter Morrison Margaret Thatchers PPS and who was an MP in Chester not far from North wales. He was identified by some of the Bryn Estyn boys as visiting their childrens home and was named as a pederast who had sex with under age boys by no less a person as Edwina Currie in her autobigraphy in 2002. Moreover, Nick Davies had already found evidence that he had been arrested and cautioned by the police for soliciting boys. Morrison In his day he was quite an influential figure and was even deputy Chairman of the Tory party. I am still puzzled how given that open goal the BBC somehow contrived to miss it
  • Options
    dsnikdsnik Posts: 6,800
    Forum Member
    I believe that he broadcasts on LBC on Saturday mornings. They do podcasts but through a paywall.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jeremy Paxman statement via his agent

Capel & Land‏@CapelLand
    Statement from Jeremy Paxman - "George Entwistle’s departure is a great shame. He has been brought low by cowards and incompetents.
    The real problem here is the BBC’s decision, in the wake of the Hutton Inquiry, to play safe by appointing biddable people.
    They then compounded the problem by enforcing a series of cuts on programme budgets, while bloating the management.
    that is how you arrive at the current mess on Newsnight. I very much doubt the problem is unique to that programme.
    I had hoped that George might stay to sort this out.It is a great pity that a talented man has been sacrificed while time-servers prosper. I shall not be issuing any further statements or doing any interviews." ENDS
  • Options
    IzzySIzzyS Posts: 11,045
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Nosnikrapl wrote: »
    BBC credibility overseas has been falling steadily over the years. There was a analysis done & it has moved down the rankings & is increasingly seen as 'another' liberal left media organisation. Sad really as it did have this status of unbiased worldwide media organisation.

Ah ok, I wasn't aware of that. I always thought (or presumed?) the BBC World Service was very highly regarded overseas, though maybe thats mainly by ex-pats? its surely well known - when I've travelled abroad with my family, one thing we always do is try to tune in to BBC World Service.

The BBC can't be seen as bad as Fox for political bias at least though, surely?!.
  • Options
    sozzled2daysozzled2day Posts: 1,217
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just saw a pic of Tim Davey on BBC News.

How old is he, 10?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    IzzyS wrote: »
    Ah ok, I wasn't aware of that. I always thought (or presumed?) the BBC World Service was very highly regarded overseas, though maybe thats mainly by ex-pats? its surely well known - when I've travelled abroad with my family, one thing we always do is try to tune in to BBC World Service.

The BBC can't be seen as bad as Fox for political bias at least though, surely?!.

Fox = rabidly right wing
    BBC = rabidly left wing

Most news stations have their own political agenda. You won't get much in the way of balanced news reporting anywhere in the world.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just saw a pic of Tim Davey on BBC News.

How old is he, 10?

He looks almost identical to Millipede Banana Boy.
  • Options
    IzzySIzzyS Posts: 11,045
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He seemed convinced it was Lord Mcalpine because police told him

If the police insisted that was the name of the person in the photo, will they be investigated about this or will it be somehow overlooked? *sigh*
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 29
    Forum Member
    pina74 wrote: »

Best of luck to all in pursuing that libel action in Qatar

More seriously what are the British establishment going to do if they dont have the BBC and everyone is watching foreign owned channels (including the Murdoch ones) when a similar scandal breaks in the future, Will they simply close down most of the the airwaves and show the Potters Wheel or Test Card all day long (it would still be more interesting than the X factor)..
  • Options
    dsnikdsnik Posts: 6,800
    Forum Member
    Multiple tweets

Statement from Jeremy Paxman - "George Entwistle’s departure is a great shame. He has been brought low by cowards and incompetents.. tbc

"The real problem here is the BBC’s decision, in the wake of the Hutton Inquiry, to play safe by appointing biddable people... tbc

"They then compounded the problem by enforcing a series of cuts on programme budgets, while bloating the management... tbc

I had hoped that George might stay to sort this out.It is a great pity that a talented man has been sacrificed... tbc

"That is how you arrive at the current mess on Newsnight. I very much doubt the problem is unique to that programme... tbc

hile time-servers prosper. I shall not be issuing any further statements or doing any interviews." ENDS
This discussion has been closed.