Options

Explosive Newsnight about Pedo MP in the pipeline.

Comments

• Options
    Amanda_RaymondAmanda_Raymond Posts: 2,302
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Annsyre wrote: »
    Messham is not sure that his abuser is alive. Quite the opposite, he is quoted as saying that he thought his abuser was dead.

James McAlpine died in 1991.

Messham claims to have been abused by a few people, one of them being Thomas Kenyon I believe, who is dead.

He was convinced the man who police identified as Mcalpine was still alive cause he said on radio he should be arrested
  • Options
    AnnsyreAnnsyre Posts: 109,504
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Messham claims to have been abused by a few people, one of them being Thomas Kenyon I believe, who is dead.

He was convinced the man who police identified as Mcalpine was still alive cause he said on radio he should be arrested

He has said a lot of inconsistent things over the years. Having seen a picture of the much maligned Alistair McAlpine he has said that he got it wrong and he made a mistake. He said much the same after her was being sued for libel by a senior policeman and eventually signed a sworn statement saying that he was wrong, the abuse had never happened and it was all the fault of journalists who kept putting words into his mouth.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭

He has claimed to have been sexually abused by forty nine people and physically abused by twenty nine people.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He has said a lot of inconsistent things over the years. Having seen a picture of the much maligned Alistair McAlpine he has said that he got it wrong and he made a mistake. He said much the same after her was being sued for libel by a senior policeman and eventually signed a sworn statement saying that he was wrong, the abuse had never happened and it was all the fault of journalists who kept putting words into his mouth.

You are right however on the photo case, there's someone to back him up. Two people who were told Mcalpine was the man who attacked them, not that they should been told his name in the first place, pretty sure that's not police procedure
  • Options
    Biffo the BearBiffo the Bear Posts: 25,859
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You are right however on the photo case, there's someone to back him up. Two people who were told Mcalpine was the man who attacked them, not that they should been told his name in the first place, pretty sure that's not police procedure

Quite so. I think the right-wing character assassination of Mr Messham is a little premature, for the man himself has already stated quite clearly that his assumption was based on false information being given to him by the Police.

The only pertinent question is why this was done to him.
  • Options
    OvalteenieOvalteenie Posts: 24,169
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thread title needs changing to "Implosive Newsnight..." :o
  • Options
    StykerStyker Posts: 49,899
    Forum Member
    Jilly wrote: »
    I think they expected him to have a better grasp of what was going on, people who worked at the BBC were giving him a mauling. Did you listen to the interview he did on the Today programme, perhaps that tipped the balance for him.

But why not the same for the ITV Chief on Phillip Schofield? If that happenned at the BBC, MP's and anti BBC Press/Media people would have been saying "you should have known what Schofield was about to say, so should the director/producer, why don't you know".

In my view the MP's criticising Entwistle are full of the utmost hypocrisy. If you write to an MP, how long does it take to get a reply on average? (I don't count auto replies as a reply either).

Have you seen MP's when new at a Government job at a Q and A session in Parliament? They are often full of "I'l have to get back to you on this as I new in the job or just in post" or words to that effect and they often put things out to review and get outside consultants to help them even though they have tens of thousands of civil servants to help them, but when it came to Entwistle, they expected him to know everything and anything from up to 40 years ago just liken that!!!!! :confused: :mad: @ the MP's and their outrageous and hypocritical double standards!!!!!!!
  • Options
    RelugusRelugus Posts: 12,044
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Quite so. I think the right-wing character assassination of Mr Messham is a little premature, for the man himself has already stated quite clearly that his assumption was based on false information being given to him by the Police.

The only pertinent question is why this was done to him.

The police appear to have deliberately misled him, perhaps in order to discredit him. We know from Hillsborough, Jean Charles De Menezes, and phone hacking, that the police will do anything to cover their own asses.

The police seem to be completely incompetent and incapable of acting decisively in cases of pedophilia. I am sure this is nothing to do with the large number of Freemasons in the police. Nope, no conflict of interest at all.:rolleyes:

"If you have been abused, give evidence to the police, who will then destroy your evidence and smear you."

Cameron's advice to trust the police is stupid.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Jerry Sadowitz:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SQX3PzZ94NU

Suspect he will have a field day at the Leicester Square.
  • Options
    allaortaallaorta Posts: 19,050
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just a couple of things he said on the radio about wanted to see him being arrested.

So not only has he been corrected about Lord McAlpine, he's also been told who the real culprit was?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭

If it happened then, no.

However as there is an enquiry going on I shall await results. rather than rely on he said she said as a source.

There's already been far too much of that on this thread.

BTW there are many many people who have the surname McAlpine.
  • Options
    LostFoolLostFool Posts: 90,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Relugus wrote: »
    Cameron's advice to trust the police is stupid.

If you don't trust the police then who is left to trust - politicians, journalists, Twitter, breakfast TV hosts?

Do you really expect the PM to say: "Don't tell the coppers, they are all corrupt. Just announce it on Twitter and let mob justice rule."
  • Options
    OrriOrri Posts: 9,470
    Forum Member
    It was a woman who was interviewed on Channel 4 news who said they were destroyed. Can't remember the circumstances now, so perhaps someone else remembers what she said.

She confirmed that they were ordered destroyed, not that the order had actually been carried out or that there were no other copies.
  • Options
    terry66532terry66532 Posts: 581
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    does anyone think tom watson should resign?, he was the one that came up with the original fairy tale and bought it to george's attention.

the guy gives me the impression of being a complete buffoon.
  • Options
    What name??What name?? Posts: 26,623
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lemoncurd wrote: »
    I suspect you're right. It's impossible in this day and age to keep an injunction - even a super injunction - quiet. As the Giggs case proved. All that happens is that so many people will mention it on blogs and social media that they simply become unenforceable.
    How do youpossibly know that considering you won't know how many injunctions have been breached and how many have stood over the years and the gagged person not had the means or celebrity to fight back?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have a question. Which McAlpine had a lawyer at the inquiry into the child abuse and which McAlpine did the judge refuse to have recorded in the records, issue a gagging order about. I think this makes a difference as to whether Lord McAlpine can sue as if he was partly responsible for gagging a full enquiry and events being looked into fully a the time he is part responsible for fueling gossip about himself.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    tokenting wrote: »
    does anyone think tom watson should resign?, he was the one that came up with the original fairy tale and bought it to george's attention.

the guy gives me the impression of being a complete buffoon.

He can only be "sacked" by the people who elected him .

But I shall enjoy watching him at PMQs.

His fellow M.P.s especially those opposite will wipe the smug smile from his face. He has shot himself in the foot. Very few people took him seriously prior to his latest outburst. Now no one will.

Here's hoping Andrew Neil can lure him on to the Daily Politics.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I have a question. Which McAlpine had a lawyer at the inquiry into the child abuse and which McAlpine did the judge refuse to have recorded in the records, issue a gagging order about. I think this makes a difference as to whether Lord McAlpine can sue as if he was partly responsible for gagging a full enquiry and events being looked into fully a the time he is part responsible for fueling gossip about himself.

I am sure that Lord McAlpine is getting the best legal advice.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He can only be "sacked" by the people who elected him .

But I shall enjoy watching him at PMQs.

His fellow M.P.s especially those opposite will wipe the smug smile from his face. He has shot himself in the foot. Very few people took him seriously prior to his latest outburst. Now no one will.

Here's hoping Andrew Neil can lure him on to the Daily Politics.

Watson was not talking about the Wales case, though.

Speaking of Watson's, here's a helpful and fun definition of pedophilia:
    Hebephile want to bang teenage to present day Emma Watson.
    Pedophiles want to bang Emma Watson in Chamber of Secrets.

According to a recent documentary, all men are Hebephiles (we all want to bang nubile young adult females like Emma Watson), but some,like Savile, become Pedophiles.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I am sure that Lord McAlpine is getting the best legal advice.
    I'm sure he had that 20 yeas ago too but whatin order to do what? Legal advice has to have a purpose?
    • Was it to clear his name - clearly that didn't work
    • To protect a family member / colleagues / estalishment budies - maybe that was successful
    • Intimidate the press - anyone would certainly be wary of writing about him now
    • Or a combination of the above

If he was named wrongly and they knew it had to be mistaken identity 20 years ago then why the gag order? Why not want it looked into and your name cleared openly? Why block the victims being able to speak and clear up any misunderstanding openly?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm not quite so sure the general electorate are as in favour of ensuring the powerful are above answering to the law and public opinion as some in the Tory party assume. I don't think Mellor, Cameron etc are reading the public mood on this I think they are in a bit of a bubble assuming that it is ludicrous to think their mates might have dodgy habits because they are the right sort.

Anyone can be a paedophile but paedophiles can flourish in an atmosphere where their actions are above questioning and I think most people are aware of this. I don't think burying their head, hoping it will go away and lashing out at the victims - aka the Catholic response to abuse was that successful - ultimately it makes the scandal bigger as the scandal then becomes about covering up the various scandals and just how badly X & Y is implicated.
  • Options
    benjaminibenjamini Posts: 32,066
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I do wonder why Mark Thompson was paid £620 thousand and Entwisle £430 thousand. It seems to be quite a discreprancy.?
  • Options
    LostFoolLostFool Posts: 90,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    benjamini wrote: »
    I do wonder why Mark Thompson was paid £620 thousand and Entwisle £430 thousand. It seems to be quite a discreprancy.?

Because there were so many complaints that Thompson was paid so much in a pseudo-public sector position that his successor had a reduced salary.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    allaorta wrote: »
    So not only has he been corrected about Lord McAlpine, he's also been told who the real culprit was?

No this was before he was shown the photo of the actual Lord Mcalpine last week, point is if it was Jimmie Mcalpine who abused him he would have been 103 now
  • Options
    benjaminibenjamini Posts: 32,066
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    LostFool wrote: »
    Because there were so many complaints that Thompson was paid so much in a pseudo-public sector position that his successor had a reduced salary.

Thanks.:)