Options

Supernatural Season 8 - US Pace *Tagged Spoilers*

Comments

• Options
    Jennifer JayneJennifer Jayne Posts: 9,022
    Forum Member
    Love the scene with Garth at the end when the car wouldn't start, Balls! only thing that would have made that better would have been with a little less emphasis on the A seemed a little to sharp where bobby would have said it softer i.e instead of bAlls ... Baalls
  • Options
    LightningIguanaLightningIguana Posts: 21,859
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The first episode that i have felt slight boredom during it, however the last 10-15 mins made up for it!!! Dean and Sam have so many issues i love it when the sh*t get's aired!;)

...and Garth (especially copying Bobby!) is always brilliant.

Pretty much agree. Alas, Sam's flashbacks are boring the hell out of me. He has zero chemistry with Amelia.
  • Options
    F1etchF1etch Posts: 4,100
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    *marv* wrote: »
    Love the scene with Garth at the end when the car wouldn't start, Balls! only thing that would have made that better would have been with a little less emphasis on the A seemed a little to sharp where bobby would have said it softer i.e instead of bAlls ... Baalls

Yea, he says it more like a "**** I can't believe this" under his breath "balls" and not like a kid who ust found a bag of basketballs "BALLS!!!!" :D

Also his pronouncing of Eejit annoyed me. It isn't IiJit, It is EEJit as in (Bee)Jit not how he said it

As for the episode, it was okay. The last 15 was better than the rest. I found myself getting distracted because I was a little bored. Deans side of the story is defo more interesting than Sams side of it. What happened to Cas? What is up with Benny? How did they escape? Did they meet Dick? I want more Purgatory. AS for Sam, he found a girl and stopped hunting. We know how that goes and as she isn't a main character I don't care about her so developing her is of no interest to me.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just seen the preview for next weeks episode....excuse me while I clean up the mess I made :D
  • Options
    Margo ChanningMargo Channing Posts: 5,240
    Forum Member
    I'm not loving this season and I hate to say it but I wouldn't care if it wasn't renewed.

Maybe it's just me but it seems all over the place
  • Options
    Sniffle774Sniffle774 Posts: 20,290
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm not loving this season and I hate to say it but I wouldn't care if it wasn't renewed.

Maybe it's just me but it seems all over the place

I know what you mean. It's not that it's bad.....it's just not .....great. I can't put my finger on what it is but the show is lacking the high standards of earlier ones. Maybe it has gone on too long :(
  • Options
    Flash525Flash525 Posts: 8,862
    Forum Member
    8x07 - A Little Slice of Kevin

It's all systems go from here on out. Our beloved Angel is back (you'll find out how exactly right at the end of the episode) and there seems to be some higher Angelic End Game in place too, one that revolves around the tablets.

I swear too (though it might just be my interpretation of what was said) but I could have sworn it is insinuated that there is something worse than Leviathans in the Supernatural Universe.

It's also stated there are more Archangels (Metatron to be precise); though I did mishear it as Megatron and wonder what a Transformer was doing working under God). Still, it begs the question of where Metatron got too when the whole Apocalypse thing was going on, the tablet (from the episode) seemed to indicate Metatron was rooting for humanity.

And then you've got Naomi. It's taken 7 episodes to get here, but the season has started to pick up for sure, and Crowley was the perfect Demon as always. Mark pulls that part off exceedingly well.
  • Options
    dgembadgembadgembadgemba Posts: 18,308
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Brilliant episode this week. for me it was one of the better ones of the last 2 years.

love crowley being truly evil and loved seeing Cas get all powerful
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Season 8 Preview: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B5wLDdpT7Dg&feature=player_embedded

"I was being bad Cop!" Epic! This episode will be another one of the greats, I can see it now!
  • Options
    2FS2FS Posts: 8,679
    Forum Member
    I wonder if Chuck is Metatron (and not god)? I might be clutching at straws there :D

Delighted to have Castiel back, even if he's unknowingly a spy...

Can't wait till next week, especially after watching the trailer!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Really enjoyed that episode. Mark was yet again fantastic as Crowley and it was nice ot see him actually show his bad side when he hurt the little piggy. :P

Cas was amazing. Great to have him back now and under orders to help the boys out. Not sure what the whole ending was about though, normally when someone sends in sleeper cells it is to disrupt the heros and cause them to fail. Cas is a sleeper cell but under orders to assist the boys when they need him...Kinda goes against the whole undercover agent thing shows do lol Does raise the question as to what Naomi wants and who she is though to have the power to summon Angels and leave them helpless but to obey.

Hopefully, we now get some answers RE Chuck. After all these years he finally gets mentioned again at the same time we see into Heaven and some new power...Fingers crossed.

Oh and Cas going all super powered was amazing. I want to see it more. For a moment I thought he might show his real self and grow to be taller than the Crysler building but what we got was still pretty cool :D

Can't wait now. Apart from one or two episodes this season has been pretty good. Enjoying it.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    2FS wrote: »
    I wonder if Chuck is Metatron (and not god)? I might be clutching at straws there
    Given the choice between Chuck being God or Metatron, I'd rather him be Metatron. However, I'd rather him be neither.

If Chuck is / was Metatron then there is no reason why Raphael would have needed to come to his aid against a mere Demon. I'd rather have Chuck as a mere Prophet; one that has since fulfilled his use and moved on.
    2FS wrote: »
    Delighted to have Castiel back, even if he's unknowingly a spy...
    F1etch wrote: »
    Not sure what the whole ending was about though, normally when someone sends in sleeper cells it is to disrupt the heros and cause them to fail. Cas is a sleeper cell but under orders to assist the boys when they need him...

Does raise the question as to what Naomi wants and who she is though to have the power to summon Angels and leave them helpless but to obey.
    I'm not so sure about him being a spy. "Naomi" told him he'd be working for her but would have no knowledge of such, did she mean that literally or did she mean that in the sense that he knows, but he is bound from talking about it? After his meeting, it's almost as though he remembers the conversation, else surely he'd just whip back to the point he was at before he went (thus no hesitation).

If the former, then Naomi is obviously significantly more powerful than Castiel (and is willing to sacrifice other angels so that Castiel may work with the brothers). Maybe it is Naomi that is actually Metatron?

Done some research too, according to some articles, there are seven Archangels, though their names are all over the place (depending which century you read about). Raphael, Gabriel, and Michael are always mentioned, as it (often) Uriel; though we know he's no Archangel.

If there are more, it would be nice to see them, and to know what they've been up to during the Apocalypse. I figure some of them left with God, and others stayed in Heaven?
    Oh and Cas going all super powered was amazing. I want to see it more.
    Indeed, that was quite the showing.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I always got the feeling the Archangels felt they were above getting involved in the whole apocalypse stuff, with Michael only getting involved to do his duty at the end and ice Lucifer.

Gabriel obviously wanted to let them end the world and watch as the "trickster" while Raphael was quite happy to let it happen so he could take control once all was said and done. Michael didn't get involved (outside his role) so going by them, yea. I got the feeling they felt they were above it.

So they were probably all sat round some Angel Tele watching the world end and Lucifer try to take over Sam lol
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I always got the feeling the Archangels felt they were above getting involved in the whole apocalypse stuff, with Michael only getting involved to do his duty at the end and ice Lucifer.

Gabriel obviously wanted to let them end the world and watch as the "trickster" while Raphael was quite happy to let it happen so he could take control once all was said and done. Michael didn't get involved (outside his role) so going by them, yea. I got the feeling they felt they were above it.
    You make a valid point, quite the obvious statement that I seem to have overlooked. Hah! You're right though, Michael only got involved as he believed was his destiny, Raphael only got involved (moreso) after the Apocalypse. Maybe the other Archangels simply didn't care.

That being said, as mentioned by me in an earlier post, this Metatron seems to hold humanity in somewhat of a higher regard than other Archangels, yet this is the first we've heard of him?

Edit: Then again, I don't suppose there was any need to mention him before. :/
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just another of these things with this show. People you never hear of suddenly appear and have this huge power and you're like "if he can do that why haven't we heard of him/her before?"

Take Leviathan, never heard of then suddenly in 1 episode, Death mentions them and at the end Crazy Cas is being posessed by none other than the Leviathan. Mother of all, never heard of and then Bobby reads about her from a book and BAM, two goons are sacrificing a Virgin to the Mother of all lol

I would think that if God holds Metatron in such high regard as to let him scribe his words he will probably be hanging with him wherever God is atm and we all know what they say about God. He doesn't get involved and lets us solve our own issues (also as was said by the gardener in Heaven if you recall him) so I imagine God has told Metatron to let us be and watch from the side (like the other Archangels did) and so despite his desire to help...he obeyed his Lord and done nothing, unlike Castiel who followed his gut instinct.

I expect we will meet him in the closing seconds of the episode before the mid season break lol :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I would think that if God holds Metatron in such high regard as to let him scribe his words he will probably be hanging with him wherever God is atm and we all know what they say about God. He doesn't get involved and lets us solve our own issues (also as was said by the gardener in Heaven if you recall him) so I imagine God has told Metatron to let us be and watch from the side (like the other Archangels did) and so despite his desire to help...he obeyed his Lord and done nothing, unlike Castiel who followed his gut instinct.
    Another good recall. You're on top form today. ;)

By the way, Joshua is the name you were looking for (Garden Angel).
    I expect we will meet him in the closing seconds of the episode before the mid season break
    Oh, I'm not so sure. Last I heard Supernatural has been green-lit for two more seasons after this one, it makes sense to think they might stretch this story out, or at the very least, take it in a different direction. I doubt we'll see Metatron until after the mid-season break to be honest.
  • Options
    servelanservelan Posts: 354
    Forum Member
    Oh yes this was back to form. White glowing Castiel was wonderful.
    I'm glad they mentioned Chuck. Even though it was a bit ambiguous 'he must be dead' it is still good to know that the character is not forgotten.
    Glad I'm not the only one who heard 'Metatron' as 'Megatron'.

This is setting up the rest of the season nicely. We have evil Crowely, mysterious Angels, Castiel back and the boys hunting for tablets of stone. Yea.
  • Options
    dgembadgembadgembadgemba Posts: 18,308
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Since the Arch-angels are supposed to poof in and help when prophets are in trouble, and Cas turned up when Kevin needed it, is it possible that Cas has been promoted?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Since the Arch-angels are supposed to poof in and help when prophets are in trouble, and Cas turned up when Kevin needed it, is it possible that Cas has been promoted?

Not sure if that rule still exists or not. Remember back in Season 5 all a demon had to do was enter the same room as Chuck and it looked and sounded like someone had set off a nuke outside the room. Yet in this season Kevin has been kidnapped by Crowley, went to an auction with lots and lots of bad guys in attendance and even faced off against Dick Roman at the end of last with no sign of any glowing white light and mini nukes going off outside the room before mass smiting occurs.

I'd even suggest that it only applies to "active" prophets but Kevin is out active prophet at the moment and no sign of an Arch Angel so far despite everything so if they won't appear for him I wouldn't have expected one to appear when Crowley killed the two in this past episode who weren't active prophets yet.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Honestly, I don't think such a promotion exists within the Supernatural Universe.

Archangels came before Angels, their power was given to them by God (least, one would assume). There is nobody left in Heaven who can dish out the kind of power that an Archangel has, thus who would be in a position to promote any Angel? No mere Angel has that sort of power, so no, I don't think Castiel was promoted. Just happened to be around when he was needed.
    Not sure if that rule still exists or not. Remember back in Season 5 all a demon had to do was enter the same room as Chuck and it looked and sounded like someone had set off a nuke outside the room. Yet in this season Kevin has been kidnapped by Crowley, went to an auction with lots and lots of bad guys in attendance and even faced off against Dick Roman at the end of last with no sign of any glowing white light and mini nukes going off outside the room before mass smiting occurs.
    There are two answers to this, the solid truth, and the defined explanation.

The Solid Truth Answer: The writers probably changed the way Prophets work, or maybe they overlooked the whole Chuck business.

The Explanation Answer: It would only have been 'Active' Archangels that would have looked over the Prophets, thus Michael and Raphael; both of which are now lost causes. Lucifer was banished to Hell, and Gabriel was enjoying a 2nd life on Earth. It stands to reason that any other Archangels in existence (such as Metatron) are off, elsewhere (maybe with God) doing other things. The Archangels of Heaven don't exist at the moment (Michael is in Hell with Lucifer, Raphael is dead) thus there is no Archangel around to watch over these Prophets.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Flash525 wrote: »
    Honestly, I don't think such a promotion exists within the Supernatural Universe.

Archangels came before Angels, their power was given to them by God (least, one would assume). There is nobody left in Heaven who can dish out the kind of power that an Archangel has, thus who would be in a position to promote any Angel? No mere Angel has that sort of power, so no, I don't think Castiel was promoted. Just happened to be around when he was needed.

There are two answers to this, the solid truth, and the defined explanation.

The Solid Truth Answer: The writers probably changed the way Prophets work, or maybe they overlooked the whole Chuck business.

The Explanation Answer: It would only have been 'Active' Archangels that would have looked over the Prophets, thus Michael and Raphael; both of which are now lost causes. Lucifer was banished to Hell, and Gabriel was enjoying a 2nd life on Earth. It stands to reason that any other Archangels in existence (such as Metatron) are off, elsewhere (maybe with God) doing other things. The Archangels of Heaven don't exist at the moment (Michael is in Hell with Lucifer, Raphael is dead) thus there is no Archangel around to watch over these Prophets.

Yea I could buy that :D You would think though that if God can bring back Cas after getting turned into Angel Slushie he would bring back his favourite son (Michael) from the deepest reaches of Hell.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    You would think though that if God can bring back Cas after getting turned into Angel Slushie he would bring back his favourite son (Michael) from the deepest reaches of Hell.
    Maybe God has chosen to leave Michael in Hell to teach him a lesson? Michael did what he thought to be right and he is paying the price. Castiel did what he thought was right, and got turned into slush (twice). Thankfully for Castiel, Angels can't learn from their mistakes if they're slush. ;) God probably figured that Castiel was better off alive than he was slush.

Add to the fact that God didn't help Castiel when he was loosing the plot, or when he was in Purgatory. My guess is God wants to keep these Angels around so they're able to learn and come to terms with things they might have done. Raphael was becoming power-crazed, thus bringing him back would have further disrupted Heaven. Gabriel made a concious decision to elude the wrath of God and the laws of Heaven, he made his wishes perfectly clear and died for a cause he believed in as such, God has no reason to bring him back either.
  • Options
    CaldariCaldari Posts: 5,890
    Forum Member
    Have to say, it's good to see Amanda Tapping in the mix as Naomi. If you know your scripture, there's a woman who has every reason for finding where God is hiding (bitter revenge).
  • Options
    Pisces CloudPisces Cloud Posts: 30,240
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What happened to Dean and Sam's half-bother did he die or is he in hell?
  • Options
    Sharon87Sharon87 Posts: 3,698
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What happened to Dean and Sam's half-bother did he die or is he in hell?

Still in Hell as Michael rode his body there. Sam only escaped because he got dragged out.

This series of Supernatural really is getting better, much better than last year in terms of overall story arc.

Love having Cas back and love the fact he's a sleeper agent. I don't believe he does remember, he just maybe felt a bit weird for a moment, not knowing what happened when he got zapped back to the Winchesters.

Am I the only person here to have heard of the Metatron before? Anyone else watched Dogma? The Metatron played by Alan Rickman. Well that character was always with God or on the orders of God (Alanis Morissette of all people lol), so the Metatron could be with God in Supernatural wherever he/she/it may be!