Options

Craig Dean - gay? (Part 17)

Comments

• Options
    mistrimistri Posts: 3,783
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hmm, so James is in Dublin at the same time Emmett and Kieron are there filming for Hollyoaks (and Helen filming something else). Certainly sounds like he could be filming. Lots of people asking him on Twitter about it so I imagine the silence will sort of confirm it.

It seems weird to begin in Dublin though. Where would Craig have gone? I can't quite imagine (in denial) them killing off another one of Frankie's kids. Besides she's there to film something called COLD so hopefully isn't doing anything Oaksy.

No doubt spoilers will start leaking out soon!
  • Options
    sazb12sazb12 Posts: 2,021
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Flukie wrote: »
    Saw this somewhere:

I find it a little…morbidly interesting, that Bryan Kirkwood apparently is quite known for ruining Eastenders (that’s right, right? I haven’t watched an episode of Eastenders since I was, 15, and even then it was only because my friends parents watched it lol) and…upsetting viewers… And yet if John Paul’s return is gonna result in a broken up McDean… Bryan Kirkwood’s way of trying to save his reputation and get back to title of ‘soap legend’ is by destroying the best thing he ever did? Hm…

I’m also thinking James Sutton might wanna be a bit careful saying comments like “Fictional show. Fictional character. It’s just entertainment”…it wasn’t just that at the time though, was it? It spoke to people, helped people, didn’t it? Which I thought was something he was proud about and thankful he could do… And really, it’s the whole reason he’s had any success at all…right?
    Or does none of that mean anything anymore?
    Plus, if you really wanna argue that way…the people who give the ratings don’t know James Sutton. Will never know James Sutton. To them, he’s technically just an impression of said fictional character that they adored and appreciated…
    Totally can’t blame the dude for having a headache for currently being hounded or talked about so much, but honestly, what did he think was gonna happen?
    Hm… Well, this could get interesting…

Just wanted to post to say i completely agree with all of this. And this is a point i was trying to make, but probably didn't do it as well as this person.

I've not been posting, but i've still been lurking occasionally. I've been to busy trying to block this news out of my mind and have been doing quite a good job of it really. :cool:

Hope everyone is ok. x :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,151
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So if this tweet is anything to go by,
    @Hollyoaks Just seen Brendan, Ste and John Paul from #Hollyoaks in Dublin.
    James IS filming with Kieron and Emmett? :confused:
    So I can't even enjoy Ste/Brendan scenes anymore, without JP popping up?! How can I pretend he doesn't exist when he's randomly appearing in Stendan scenes?!
    Hopefully the guy just meant that he saw them together and not that they were actually filming together.
    If they are, I am baffled. He can't hook up with Brendan whilst Ste is there and vice versa so what is the point?
    My head hurts from trying to work this crap out.

F off now HO, you annoy me more by the day. :p
  • Options
    FlukieFlukie Posts: 40,578
    Forum Member
    As I'm following the football on my lap top (apart from the time it's taking me to write this!) I've got a SE compilation DVD on that I'm watching.

It started with Craig getting out the taxi ... and I've just seen the moment they see each other for the first time. And it just proves to myself (even tho I knew already!) that even tho I know BK is going to destroy the SE from the very heart of it - the most brutal and heartless way he could do it - from Dublin - to me it's just destroying THEIR SE cos nothing changes about the way I feel watching this.

It's just reached the 'You do love him,right?' just before they go outside the Dog and they hug, which Kieron sees ...

BK can try his best, but he won't ruin MY Sunset Ending. But then, this JP isn't the man whose going back, so it's no problem at all to me, it just make me angry that he's doing it in Dublin. The heart of the SE because it's where JP and Craig have lived happily for 4 years.

It probably sums it up that he's involving two of the many gay men JP will probably shag along the way when he's back in HO, to help destroy it.

I'm closing the soaps thread (as in never visiting it again like I hadn't for years anyway, beyond a brief dip to look at Emmrdale) now.

I know little about what's happened in HO this past 4 years and I have no interest in anything that will happen from now on and I'd rather not chance across any further mention of Dublin

it's sad he hates the SE so much he's doing that.

Ta ta all. The JP and Craig couple I know and love, lives on for me, and always will. :)

(and with perfect timing, as I sign off, before me I see JP saying 'It's you, it's always been you") :)
  • Options
    jendejende Posts: 21,432
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So if this tweet is anything to go by,

James IS filming with Kieron and Emmett? :confused:
    So I can't even enjoy Ste/Brendan scenes anymore, without JP popping up?! How can I pretend he doesn't exist when he's randomly appearing in Stendan scenes?!
    Hopefully the guy just meant that he saw them together and not that they were actually filming together.
    If they are, I am baffled. He can't hook up with Brendan whilst Ste is there and vice versa so what is the point?
    My head hurts from trying to work this crap out.

F off now HO, you annoy me more by the day. :p

BIB made me chuckle!

it does seem sods law they you want to avoid JP yet they could be forcing you to see him in Stendan scenes!!!

The whole fact though that those three were mentioned, all gay characters from HO, does seem a little like they could be working together. After all, as has been pointed out, who would JP actually talk to with no Craig there! Though not sure why Ste and Brendan would be there anyway, unless they're holidaying as Ste has left Doug! Maybe there's lots of HO characters there, they just thought they'd get the Stendan/JP fans excited!!!

OK Julie I think if you don't want SE ruined or you can't pretend it's not happening (like me!) then most probably best to stay away from things that will make you see SE being bashed! Enjoy your McDean DVD's with no doubt that is the end and JPC are still happily tucked away in Dublin. :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,241
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hi everyone. I hope you all don't mind me posting here as I wasn't actually a member of DS at the time McDean was happening, but I've been reading some of your views and wanted to put in my opinion.

What on earth are Hollyoaks playing at? If this is true, and they are thinking of incorporating John Paul into the mess that is 'Stendan' they're going to seriously p*ss off two large fanbases. I can't even imagine how they'd manage to fit John Paul into that storyline. Last thing JP knew, Ste was a girlfriend beating psycho and had, in 2006, crashed a stolen car that had his younger sister in the backseat.
    Hollyoaks can't just put a couple together based on the fact they have the same sexual orientation. It doesn't work like that. If they plan to have him sleep with Brendan it will almost be laughable to be perfectly honest. Looking back at all the sort of guys JP has shown an interest in in the past; Craig, Kieron (vom), Spike and the random guy in the bar that he took back to his room, none of them are in any way like Brendan. I just can't see JP ever going for a man that's mean, moody and controlling in an obvious way like Brendan is.

I don't see where he really fits into the show anymore. The only real friend he had from his era that is still on the show is Nancy, and even they didn't have much interaction post Craig's departure. Sure, he still has his family there, but I never really saw JP as the type to come crawling back to his family with his tail between his legs. I'm seriously hoping the reason for his return is a bloody good one, and is worth completely destroying arguably Hollyoaks' best ever storyline for. Doubtful.

I agree with all the previous comments about the nature of James' tweets. Does he not realise that the people tweeting and asking about what this means for the Mcdean relationship, are the same people that were the reason his character was so popular and successful? Also, a lot of the people concerned about the return are probably people that have supported James in his career post-Hollyoaks. I include myself in that, I started watching Emmerdale because he joined. (I have carried on watching since then btw, simply because Emmerdale is fantastic but that's beside the point!) He comes across as extremely ungrateful and he should be careful what he says on twitter because if this return is as unsuccessful as I'm expecting it to be, then he will have lost the loyalty of all the Mcdean fandom. I imagine this probably doesn't sound like much to him but I'm sure it would be a considerable gap in his fanbase if all Mcdean fans stopped supporting.

I'm prepared to give his return a go, I'm not exactly optimistic but I'm hoping BK has more sense than to completely ruin something that so special all those years ago. We shall see.

Sorry for my rambling! I was only going to put a couple of sentences, ha. I guess this has all been building up since I first heard about James' return.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lily.xo wrote: »
    Hi everyone. I hope you all don't mind me posting here as I wasn't actually a member of DS at the time McDean was happening, but I've been reading some of your views and wanted to put in my opinion.

What on earth are Hollyoaks playing at? If this is true, and they are thinking of incorporating John Paul into the mess that is 'Stendan' they're going to seriously p*ss off two large fanbases. I can't even imagine how they'd manage to fit John Paul into that storyline. Last thing JP knew, Ste was a girlfriend beating psycho and had, in 2006, crashed a stolen car that had his younger sister in the backseat.
    Hollyoaks can't just put a couple together based on the fact they have the same sexual orientation. It doesn't work like that. If they plan to have him sleep with Brendan it will almost be laughable to be perfectly honest. Looking back at all the sort of guys JP has shown an interest in in the past; Craig, Kieron (vom), Spike and the random guy in the bar that he took back to his room, none of them are in any way like Brendan. I just can't see JP ever going for a man that's mean, moody and controlling in an obvious way like Brendan is.

I don't see where he really fits into the show anymore. The only real friend he had from his era that is still on the show is Nancy, and even they didn't have much interaction post Craig's departure. Sure, he still has his family there, but I never really saw JP as the type to come crawling back to his family with his tail between his legs. I'm seriously hoping the reason for his return is a bloody good one, and is worth completely destroying arguably Hollyoaks' best ever storyline for. Doubtful.

I agree with all the previous comments about the nature of James' tweets. Does he not realise that the people tweeting and asking about what this means for the Mcdean relationship, are the same people that were the reason his character was so popular and successful? Also, a lot of the people concerned about the return are probably people that have supported James in his career post-Hollyoaks. I include myself in that, I started watching Emmerdale because he joined. (I have carried on watching since then btw, simply because Emmerdale is fantastic but that's beside the point!) He comes across as extremely ungrateful and he should be careful what he says on twitter because if this return is as unsuccessful as I'm expecting it to be, then he will have lost the loyalty of all the Mcdean fandom. I imagine this probably doesn't sound like much to him but I'm sure it would be a considerable gap in his fanbase if all Mcdean fans stopped supporting.

I'm prepared to give his return a go, I'm not exactly optimistic but I'm hoping BK has more sense than to completely ruin something that so special all those years ago. We shall see.

Sorry for my rambling! I was only going to put a couple of sentences, ha. I guess this has all been building up since I first heard about James' return.
    Ramble as much as you like! It's always been good to be able to come here and have a vent or a cheer when needs be! You can post away as much as you want and I know what you mean, I often just want to say one thing that turns into a book! It's all part of McDean/JP/Craig world!!!!

I agree, I'm not really sure how JP is going to fit in with Stendan. There's been some pics of them in Dublin and it does seem a little coinicidental that James was going there while they're filming there, thus the assumption of JP and Stendan. But I really can't see him being even slightly attracted to Brendan or Ste or why he would meet them at all!!! Unless it's just a case of he meets them through a mutual friend like Kris, who wouldn't be there, but trying to think why they would meet!! Unless JP has another b/f and they just happen to know Brendan.

Or maybe James was just having a bit of time in Dublin which just happened to be while HO are there and actually he'll just pop up in HO at xmas!

I too couldn't see JP running back to a place he was pretty keen to get out of, unless it's a just visiting thing and he ends up staying due to another McQueen trauma and thus never leaves!

I think James has a bit of an unfortunate way of saying things sometimes. But I think he was very connected to McDean, but after that he lost the connection. I also think he did get a little pee'd with the McDeaners going on about JPC, when through no fault of his own, he had to move on. Both him and BK were pretty much saying don't worry about McDean now, just support JP on his next step in life, but the JPK SL was so very very lame, JP fans could happily move on, but JPC'ers no!!!! Now I would imagine he thinks - here we go again, McD's hassling me and knows there is nothing he can do about McD, apart from not take the job, so decided niceness doesn't have to be part of how he reacts to McD's!!! Guess he feels if they don't watch, it's not such a big deal. I don't think he really cares anymore! After all, there were quite a few fans that loved JP regardless and I guess he think he will get new fans too.

McD is another life which I think he happily wants to forget. I saw an interview with James the other day, which he did in June and he pretty much said that the Em actors were much better than HO!! Hope no one on HO saw that interview. :D They asked him if he would go back to HO, which he said he would if the SL etc was right (which was quite a big step from when he left HO and said he'd never return!!!) although he said the cast was big so he couldn't see himself being asked back. I guess BK felt there was still space for him, unfortunatley!!!!
  • Options
    FlukieFlukie Posts: 40,578
    Forum Member
    jende wrote: »
    I saw an interview with James the other day, which he did in June and he pretty much said that the Em actors were much better than HO!! Hope no one on HO saw that interview. :D They asked him if he would go back to HO, which he said he would if the SL etc was right (which was quite a big step from when he left HO and said he'd never return!!!) although he said the cast was big so he couldn't see himself being asked back. I guess BK felt there was still space for him, unfortunatley!!!!

I think that could easily be construed as saying the last thing he actually wants to do is go back to the job he left 4 years ago, which was basically his first job of any note, 6 years ago.
    But as no one else will give him a job, he's relying on an old mate to give him work - so he's going back to that huge not very competent cast (according to him) to maybe play a minor part, in the end, who knows. But he needs the money.

He must be desperate to go back in other words. And who knows, he might feel a bit demoralised inside to know that he'll have his 30th birthday there, when it's probably the last place he expected he would have it seeing as he left when he was 25.

I didn't know he'd insulted the cast a few months ago. It's like when he was at HO in his last year and he had a go at the EE cast, saying (I think, something along the lines of) that it was depressing and miserable and not that good really.

There's an irony there, obviously! lol If he's not in a soap he insults it, hence he insulted EE when he was in HO, and insulted HO when he was in Emmerdale.

I seem to remember mention of the interiew where he said he'd only go back to HO if it was a good story - giving the impression he'd only go for a visit, cos I'm sure someone said that HE said something about how he'd never do anything t mess up the SE. And of course going back for a visit wouldn't do that.

Times do change in a few months!
    But I think it's fair to say he might have a point about the size of the cast and it's only because BK is in charge he's going back. No other producer wanted him back. But then he's not any other producers pet!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lily.xo wrote: »

Hi Lily.
    Don't worry about the 'Stendan' angle so much.
    Yes James was filming with Kieron and Emmett in Dublin but it wasn't for very long, he only stayed a day. Whereas Kieron and Emmett stayed on for a few days longer.
    The Stendan kiss pictures pretty much confirm a reunion for Ste and Brendan so I feel JP's involvement with them will be minimal now.
    He's clearly not going to hook up with either Ste and Brendan since Stendan appear to be reunited in Dublin as a couple.
    Far more likely that he just bumps into them somewhere and he and Ste recognise each other. Perhaps Ste makes some comment about the Mcqueens struggling to cope and that sends JP running back home to mum? I know that sounds odd but I mean there has to be a purpose of having JP meeting Stendan in Ireland! Perhaps he mentions he's a DJ and Brendan offers him a job at the club?
    I don't know. I know these scenarios seem ridiculous but realism isn't a strong point in HO.

The rest of the post I completely agree with you about.
    He doesn't fit in with the show anymore and I see his return as being nothing but a disaster.
    For what it's worth I think James tweets the way he does to deflect criticism. I haven't seen him give one straight answer when folks have tweeted him about HO and Mcdean.
    I think there's a certain amount he isn't allowed to say yet and a lot that he doesn't want to admit (like the fact that he never wanted to back in HO but needed a job!).
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Flukie wrote: »
    I think that could easily be construed as saying the last thing he actually wants to do is go back to the job he left 4 years ago, which was basically his first job of any note, 6 years ago.
    But as no one else will give him a job, he's relying on an old mate to give him work - so he's going back to that huge not very competent cast (according to him) to maybe play a minor part, in the end, who knows. But he needs the money.

He must be desperate to go back in other words. And who knows, he might feel a bit demoralised inside to know that he'll have his 30th birthday there, when it's probably the last place he expected he would have it seeing as he left when he was 25.

I didn't know he'd insulted the cast a few months ago. It's like when he was at HO in his last year and he had a go at the EE cast, saying (I think, something along the lines of) that it was depressing and miserable and not that good really.

There's an irony there, obviously! lol If he's not in a soap he insults it, hence he insulted EE when he was in HO, and insulted HO when he was in Emmerdale.

I seem to remember mention of the interiew where he said he'd only go back to HO if it was a good story - giving the impression he'd only go for a visit, cos I'm sure someone said that HE said something about how he'd never do anything t mess up the SE. And of course going back for a visit wouldn't do that.

Times do change in a few months!
    But I think it's fair to say he might have a point about the size of the cast and it's only because BK is in charge he's going back. No other producer wanted him back. But then he's not any other producers pet!

To be fair Flukie, James made a comment about Eastenders after one of the Eastenders actors had slagged off Hollyoaks first.
    He was just responding to that so I personally never saw anything wrong with that comment he made (and I say this as an Eastenders fan!).
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't know much about his remark re EE. But he kind of said in the interview that Emmerdale were better apparently due to them doing it longer or something! To me it was like he was justifying why he was working on another soap. You know, HO's fine, but if I want to work with great actors, Emmerdale it is!!!!

Candy_Floss, that may be the way it is. I forgot he did know Ste so it could be as you say. The McQueens normally lurch from one disasterous SL to another, so no doubt by xmas, they'll have some trauma going on that JP may feel the need to go back for. Though I guess stuff like mum going to prison, sister having face disfigured, other sister going a little nuts, didn't bring him back, it's gonna be something huge!!!

I must admit thinking about it, not sure they would want JP involved with Stendan. After all, like McDean, they have quite a big following, so bring JP in could pee off that fandom. So would be a case of upsetting two fandoms - McD (what's left of it!) and Stendan! Not sure HO would want to take that on!!!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't know much about his remark re EE. But he kind of said in the interview that Emmerdale were better apparently due to them doing it longer or something! To me it was like he was justifying why he was working on another soap. You know, HO's fine, but if I want to work with great actors, Emmerdale it is!!!!

Candy_Floss, that may be the way it is. I forgot he did know Ste so it could be as you say. The McQueens normally lurch from one disasterous SL to another, so no doubt by xmas, they'll have some trauma going on that JP may feel the need to go back for. Though I guess stuff like mum going to prison, sister having face disfigured, other sister going a little nuts, didn't bring him back, it's gonna be something huge!!!

I must admit thinking about it, not sure they would want JP involved with Stendan. After all, like McDean, they have quite a big following, so bring JP in could pee off that fandom. So would be a case of upsetting two fandoms - McD (what's left of it!) and Stendan! Not sure HO would want to take that on!!!

When I first heard he was filming with Stendan, my initial thought is that he has to be sleeping with one of them! It just seemed too soapy for Hollyoaks to resist.
    But then we see all these loved up Stendan pics and I am baffled by it? He clearly isn't sleeping with Ste or Brendan (unless HO is going to stray in to threesome territory, which I highly doubt :rolleyes:) so why was he seen in Dublin with them? Why is he in Dublin at all, given he had such a relatively short amount of filming to do?
    So there has to be a reason for it all, otherwise why not just film these scenes in Hollyoaks? This Dublin thing really is a strange business.....
    But at least we can be fairly certain, going by the Stendan reunion pictures, that JP isn't about to become part of a Ste/Brendan/JP triangle (well not straight away anyway!)

Yes the EE remark was in retaliation to another actor. I remember at the time wondering why everyone was so angry about James comment but no one seemed to care about the EE guy (with a much higher media profile than James!) slagging off Hollyoaks.
    I'm not James biggest fan at the minute but he does often get bashed for comments taken out of context.
    The classic 'I don't want to do soap again' being a good example. I don't get why people keep bringing that up as if he isn't allowed to change his mind?
    It's not easy being an ex soap actor, particularly with Hollyoaks on your cv! James probably left HO with certain ambitions and realised it was tougher out there then he realised so decided to go back to soap, where he has a regular job and income. It happens!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    When I first heard he was filming with Stendan, my initial thought is that he has to be sleeping with one of them! It just seemed too soapy for Hollyoaks to resist.
    But then we see all these loved up Stendan pics and I am baffled by it? He clearly isn't sleeping with Ste or Brendan (unless HO is going to stray in to threesome territory, which I highly doubt :rolleyes:) so why was he seen in Dublin with them? Why is he in Dublin at all, given he had such a relatively short amount of filming to do?
    So there has to be a reason for it all, otherwise why not just film these scenes in Hollyoaks? This Dublin thing really is a strange business.....
    But at least we can be fairly certain, going by the Stendan reunion pictures, that JP isn't about to become part of a Ste/Brendan/JP triangle (well not straight away anyway!)

Yes the EE remark was in retaliation to another actor. I remember at the time wondering why everyone was so angry about James comment but no one seemed to care about the EE guy (with a much higher media profile than James!) slagging off Hollyoaks.
    I'm not James biggest fan at the minute but he does often get bashed for comments taken out of context.
    The classic 'I don't want to do soap again' being a good example. I don't get why people keep bringing that up as if he isn't allowed to change his mind?
    It's not easy being an ex soap actor, particularly with Hollyoaks on your cv! James probably left HO with certain ambitions and realised it was tougher out there then he realised so decided to go back to soap, where he has a regular job and income. It happens!

It does! But I think it was the way James said it as it sounded a little superior. Whenever I read people from soaps saying that, I do sometimes think they should just stay quiet!! Or do the never say never line. It means less egg on their face when they go back!

Was the EE thing where one of the cast had a bit of a ruck with some of the HO crew at some awards or another? Or is that totally wrong and another thing that happened!

Maybe they will have a gay threesome, they haven't done that before! The nearest was Ravi, Kris and Nancy!
  • Options
    dequeendequeen Posts: 1,179
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It does! But I think it was the way James said it as it sounded a little superior. Whenever I read people from soaps saying that, I do sometimes think they should just stay quiet!! Or do the never say never line. It means less egg on their face when they go back!

Was the EE thing where one of the cast had a bit of a ruck with some of the HO crew at some awards or another? Or is that totally wrong and another thing that happened!

Maybe they will have a gay threesome, they haven't done that before! The nearest was Ravi, Kris and Nancy!

BIB - Well you really can't say that they never did a proper threesome with Ravi, Nancy and Kris!!
    They all were involved with each other but never got involved with each other all together in one big bed!! ;)
    Which is such a shame as that would have made an interesting HOL but I would imagine that TPTB were too scared to push it that far so can't believe for one moment that they will do this with Stendan and JP.

As for James, sorry but I've lost all interested in him and his career but hey good luck to him in what ever he does but I'm done.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dequeen wrote: »
    BIB - Well you really can't say that they never did a proper threesome with Ravi, Nancy and Kris!!
    They all were involved with each other but never got involved with each other all together in one big bed!! ;)
    Which is such a shame as that would have made an interesting HOL but I would imagine that TPTB were too scared to push it that far so can't believe for one moment that they will do this with Stendan and JP.

As for James, sorry but I've lost all interested in him and his career but hey good luck to him in what ever he does but I'm done.

Well seeing as HO still seem to play by the rule of if you have two men in bed, one must wear a top, can't imagine they're be happy to shoot 3 in a bed all at once, after a bit of nookie!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Next bit of not so exciting (or if a JP fan, exciting!) news.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/soaps/s13/hollyoaks/news/a435022/james-suttons-hollyoaks-return-storyline-has-never-been-done-before.html

So something a soap has never covered before?? Get's Craig stuffed and carries him around in a very long case... yep, that'll be it......

Or the threesome idea with three in a bed at the same time.... could be that....

and he's going to be gritty, emotional, sympathetic, controversial with lots of snogging. Surprise!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/soaps/s13/hollyoaks/news/a435022/james-suttons-hollyoaks-return-storyline-has-never-been-done-before.html

So something a soap has never covered before?? Get's Craig stuffed and carries him around in a very long case... yep, that'll be it......

Or the threesome idea with three in a bed at the same time.... could be that....

and he's going to be gritty, emotional, sympathetic, controversial with lots of snogging. Surprise!

We've been discussing this over on FH.
    Ruled out the threesomes/three-way thing, briefly looked at the male prostitute angle but decried that James would not return for that...he might be desperate for a job but not that desperate I think.
    I feel like every kind of love and relationship drama has been covered by soap already (incest, affairs, love triangles, love squares, whose the daddy, tempting catholic priests from the church;), even mystery shaggers over on EE!) so if this really is a 'never seen in soap before' storyline then I'm thinking and hoping that it will be nothing to do with his love life at all and maybe something to do with JP himself or his family?
    If you read the original article here:
    http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/liverpool-news/local-news/2012/11/01/pete-price-actor-james-sutton-is-making-a-big-comeback-to-hollyoaks-100252-32141355/
    It's unclear whether the lots of snogging part refers to JP's past and the character he was when he left, or if it means he will be doing the snogging when he returns! :p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ruled out the threesomes/three-way thing, briefly looked at the male prostitute angle but decried that James would not return for that...he might be desperate for a job but not that desperate I think.
    I feel like every kind of love and relationship drama has been covered by soap already (incest, affairs, love triangles, love squares, whose the daddy, tempting catholic priests from the church;), even mystery shaggers over on EE!) so if this really is a 'never seen in soap before' storyline then I'm thinking and hoping that it will be nothing to do with his love life at all and maybe something to do with JP himself or his family?
    http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/liverpool-news/local-news/2012/11/01/pete-price-actor-james-sutton-is-making-a-big-comeback-to-hollyoaks-100252-32141355/
    It's unclear whether the lots of snogging part refers to JP's past and the character he was when he left, or if it means he will be doing the snogging when he returns! :p

ooo I see - need to get to FH!!!

Re the snogging, James did say he'd come back if the story was right and can't see him, even if desperate for work, coming back to tons of snogging story!!! Most probably will be some McQueen trauma that brings him home.

Though still going for the stuffed Craig thing though and as mentioned on the HO thread, sexual urges towards hedgehogs!!!!
  • Options
    yikesyikes Posts: 7,276
    Forum Member
    I fear that Craig must be dead . Anything else would be too much of a McDean trashing .

It was always likely after he left Emmerdale . I am afraid his career has never taken off as hoped and he needs the work.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Re the snogging, James did say he'd come back if the story was right and can't see him, even if desperate for work, coming back to tons of snogging story!!! Most probably will be some McQueen trauma that brings him home.

Though still going for the stuffed Craig thing though and as mentioned on the HO thread, sexual urges towards hedgehogs!!!!

That's defo it, you've cracked it! :p
    I dunno about dead Craig. A character dying is not new or never seen before...unless he died in a particular way that is new but then that wouldn't be about JP, that would be about Craig?
    Unless Craig snuffs it THEN this 'never seen before in soap' storyline happens which brings JP back?
    Oh I have no idea. I bet it turns out to be something really boring in the end. :p
  • Options
    dee123dee123 Posts: 46,343
    Forum Member
    I really hope JP does descend into the whole BB & Ste storyline but it looks that way.

I can see it now: "Oh Brendan, touch me with those big strong arms you killed your grandmother with" :rolleyes: :p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    But again Brendan and JP wouldn't be never seen before or original. If anything that would be one of the most predictable comebacks, coz it's putting JP onto Stendan's orbit just because they are all gay! :p
    I don't have a clue what it is. I feel like soaps have already covered every storyline already, especially when it comes to love and relationships.
  • Options
    dequeendequeen Posts: 1,179
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well seeing as HO still seem to play by the rule of if you have two men in bed, one must wear a top, can't imagine they're be happy to shoot 3 in a bed all at once, after a bit of nookie!

Well seeing at they chickened out IMO of showing Ravi/Nancy/Kris in a threesome, all in bed together 'doing it'! They are hardly likely to go down a gay threesome and most certainly not in the 6.30pm show?! :eek:

Whatever it is, I be amazed if it is something so originally it blows my mind.
    What I will say it will most likely be something that not really realistic in the slightest.

Well if it's any snogging particular with Emmett, James better brush up on his skills and be prepared to be devoured!! ;):D

The fact that he's coming back at all makes me think he's not too fussed about the 'right story' in the way he use to be.
    The likelyhood of him not being with Craig and being a single man will mean at some point he will be snogging some man or other. Especially as it would seem he is going to be on HO for a while yet.

That's defo it, you've cracked it! :p
    I dunno about dead Craig. A character dying is not new or never seen before...unless he died in a particular way that is new but then that wouldn't be about JP, that would be about Craig?
    Unless Craig snuffs it THEN this 'never seen before in soap' storyline happens which brings JP back?
    Oh I have no idea. I bet it turns out to be something really boring in the end. :p

And that is the 64 million dollar question at the moment, 'What will/has happened to Mr Craig Dean'??
    Now will they put in a good solid SL into this without us seeing Craig or will it be a case of a quick one possible two line mention?........ I'll take the second choice!

But again Brendan and JP wouldn't be never seen before or original. If anything that would be one of the most predictable comebacks, coz it's putting JP onto Stendan's orbit just because they are all gay! :p
    I don't have a clue what it is. I feel like soaps have already covered every storyline already, especially when it comes to love and relationships.

For me the fact that it looks like JP's return will start in dublin with a joint appearance between him and Brendan possible Ste makes it totally unoriginally off the bat.
    So they had to have the return of gay character John Paul Mcqueen some how cross over with the gay characters/couple that is Ste and Brendan while they are in dublin?!
    Yeah really imaginative, right out of the box with that one :rolleyes:
  • Options
    callmemaybecallmemaybe Posts: 1,151
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's so convenient how John Paul and Craig left for Dublin and someone who is Irish comes to Oaks years later. It's like they had this sl set up.
    #latenightthoughts
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/soaps/s13/hollyoaks/news/a439428/hollyoaks-boss-promises-great-john-paul-storylines.html
    Hollyoaks boss Bryan Kirkwood has said that he hopes viewers will grow to accept John Paul McQueen's return as a single man.

Last month, Digital Spy exclusively revealed that James Sutton had agreed to reprise his role as John Paul, who will be back on screen just before Christmas.

John Paul's relationship with Craig Dean (Guy Burnet) is still fondly remembered by fans, but as he is heading back to the village alone, it appears that things have not worked out for the popular couple.

Kirkwood, Hollyoaks' executive producer, told Inside Soap: "As writers and producers, we were just as big fans of Craig and John Paul's love story as the viewers were - but the fact is that James wanted to return and Guy Burnet didn't.

"I hope the audience gives us time to prove that it's the right decision. Just because it's the end of Craig and John Paul for now doesn't mean there aren't some great stories we can tell about John Paul as a single man."

Well this is crap.
    There goes the last of my denial! :rolleyes: