Options

The Leona Lewis Appreciation Thread (Part 45)

Comments

• Options
    Eliott1301Eliott1301 Posts: 2,020
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    adamlele wrote: »
    not playlisted on R1, be lucky if the song reaches top 40 when released. But Leona, doesn't care as usual, she's off in Paris probably performing for some French horses in a stable or something..

The rate she is going..

Leona will be singing in pubs soon..

shes fading away fast.. :(

If lovebird flops, i dont see this album doing well..

Will most likely end up with Leona going back to the US and not going on twitter for WEEKS like before i bet
  • Options
    LeonagwenLeonagwen Posts: 2,430
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It doesnt make sense that the most radio friendly song on the album doesnt get playlisted.The rolling stones,prince, and jake bugg got playlisted,but not leona? Sonething is just not right.Is it possible that radio is purposely snubbing ,leona?
  • Options
    DJW13DJW13 Posts: 4,283
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You're right there, it's all about Radio. Though I agree with the bold.

As for the chart statistics, Rod Stewart is obviously Rod Stewart. Mumford have the acclaim, a strong fanbase through touring and support from Alternative stations. Similar to Muse. Big touring acts always sell well.
    Yes I can honestly see Leona becoming a Celine Dion type artist and putting out albums every couple of years but never having a big commercial Pop hit again. Which wouldn't bother me. She might be better off focussing her attention on the Adult market as they will purchase her albums time and time again if she gives them what they need.

I would really love Leona to become a big touring act, but doubt her voice would hold up.

Unless Leona magically discovers another Bleeding Love (unlikely) I completely agree with this. Personally I do not believe that Glassheart as a single would have done any better than Trouble did. Leona's time in the harsh spotlight has come and gone IMO although obviously I hope for her sake that I am wrong.
  • Options
    EnvoirmentEnvoirment Posts: 9,486
    Forum Member
    After thinking about this for a while/looking at reactions, she should definitely go with:

1. "Glassheart"
    2. "Come Alive"

As the One-Two punch of the worldwide campaign.
  • Options
    Eliott1301Eliott1301 Posts: 2,020
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I agree,

IMO its Leonas own fault for what has happend to her career

its her own fault because she went into hiding for so long and had massive gaps where she was so silent from the world..

This had an effect as people forgot about her and i think she thought she wouldn't.

she only really goes on about how much she loves her fans when there is something to sell.. blegh

I am gutted really.. I do wonder whats going to happen to her when Lovebird does not even make the top 20.. :S

I also agree with enviroment, she needs to SHOCK now if she has ANY chance.. - Glassheart and then Come Alive will be the only two that can save her.. in that order

Love you leona, i will still buy your music ofc :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I know what you mean but Celine isn't a good example. celine i still serlling extremely well. her album in 2007 and in french

Celine hasnt had a hit song in over 10 years,and there is a big difference in,their ages.Leona is 27 and celine is in her 50s.
  • Options
    poker_faceLeonapoker_faceLeona Posts: 2,552
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Leonagwen wrote: »
    Celine hasnt had a hit song in over 10 years,and there is a big difference in,their ages.Leona is 27 and celine is in her 50s.

Sorry, but this is not true.
    Celine Dion is extremely successful.
    Her Taking Chances album was and she was selling well.

And Celine was doing those Las Vegas shows non stop and every of it was sold out.

Doing succesfull concerts is more worth than selling albums nowadays

In addition her French albums are also very successful.
  • Options
    SoeplepelSoeplepel Posts: 24,983
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Eliott1301 wrote: »
    I agree,

IMO its Leonas own fault for what has happend to her career

its her own fault because she went into hiding for so long and had massive gaps where she was so silent from the world..

It has nothing to do with the gaps. Watch Adele going straight to #1 when she finally releases her third album. Or just take a look at Celine Dion now.. "Parler à mon père"
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Envoirment wrote: »
    After thinking about this for a while/looking at reactions, she should definitely go with:

1. "Glassheart"
    2. "Come Alive"

As the One-Two punch of the worldwide campaign.

Is lovebird really done? Could it get playlisted next week?
  • Options
    EnvoirmentEnvoirment Posts: 9,486
    Forum Member
    Leonagwen wrote: »
    Is lovebird really done? Could it get playlisted next week?

No, not at all. It could still surprise us and doing very well in TV play and the TV performances could give a significant boost to the song. BBC Radio 2 could also still playlist if we're lucky.
  • Options
    adamleleadamlele Posts: 1,174
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    watch Lovebird smash download records when it is released ;)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 879
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    watch Lovebird smash download records when it is released ;)

That sounds good but unortunately it doesn't seem realistic
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,935
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If Leona records a new album, I want all uptempos with the exception of a couple ballads and few mid tempos. I think she should go the dubstep route (she does it well).

Something like this would be nice
    http://soundcloud.com/keshasupernaturalx/sebert-supernatural
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It seems that the music currently doing well is very different to what Leona has produced in this album, Glassheart and Come Alive being exceptions ofcourse
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,898
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If I was in charge of a Top 40 radio station and I didn't love Leona so much, I probably wouldn't playlist Lovebird either. Releasing a soppy, middle-of-the-road single like Lovebird after an underperforming lead single like Trouble was never going to get radio support. Glassheart is/was her only chance. The lack of public appearances and the Fireflies fiasco didn't help either.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,898
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If Leona records a new album, I want all uptempos with the exception of a couple ballads and few mid tempos. I think she should go the dubstep route (she does it well).

I've loved that song since that snippet leaked ages ago, I need the full!

Would love to hear Leona's vocals on that.
  • Options
    Toy_HeroToy_Hero Posts: 11,358
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I've actually got the opposite thought. I want Leona to have more rock or live sounds in her music. I like how Leona can take rock songs and 'Leonafy' them. I'm not talking about "rock rock" but alternate or soft rock. Rock inspirated ballads would be awesome! I've been listening to Grace Potter & The Nocturnals lately and would love Leona on her kind of music

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ml7TmC__eDc
    I'd love to hear Leona on this. Such an amazing song! It was sang on The Voice and has shot the song up Itunes
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,935
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    snoinipO wrote: »
    I've loved that song since that snippet leaked ages ago, I need the full!

Would love to hear Leona's vocals on that.

YAAAAS you know the tea Ske. Leona would slay the charts! I don't get why Syco are so afraid of releasing a uptempo. Collide didn't perform as well because it's not that good/drama mess
  • Options
    SoeplepelSoeplepel Posts: 24,983
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think Shake You Up would have been a great single, I just stan for that song :p GH and Come Alive should be next single too tho
  • Options
    adamleleadamlele Posts: 1,174
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Soeplepel wrote: »
    I think Shake You Up would have been a great single, I just stan for that song :p GH and Come Alive should be next single too tho

yeah Shake You Up would slaaaaay! :D great fun tune plus epic vocals on bridge and last chorus

I stan for Sugar, better than half songs on Standard CD, dunno why it was pushed onto Deluxe
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I love shake you up too, it's fantastic
  • Options
    DinosaurusDinosaurus Posts: 361
    Forum Member
    yeah Shake You Up would slaaaaay! :D great fun tune plus epic vocals on bridge and last chorus

I stan for Sugar, better than half songs on Standard CD, dunno why it was pushed onto Deluxe

The decision not to include Sugar on the standard album really baffles me!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,573
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

These type of songs are for people with limited vocal talent, hence why they are so overproduced. Leona does not fall under that category.
  • Options
    katieknolweskatieknolwes Posts: 1,561
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What leona needs to do is take note from Harry
    Pretend to be nick grimshaws friend/lover/whatever and she'll be a-listed straight away
This discussion has been closed.