Options

Does this year show they were wrong to scout acts?

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 340
Forum Member
This was the first year they allowed acts with management deals and(openly) did their BGT trick of inviting acts to audition and fast tracking them

Jahmene for definite and I suspect(I have no evidence just suspect) Rylan,Lucy and Carolynne were asked to audition.

Does the reaction and ratings point to them making the wrong decision?

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,888
    Forum Member
    Mk1 were also asked. And as people have said Ella had an album and SyCo recording artist written on her twitter page before the lives I'm guessing she was asked along too.

To a point it's a bit of a dodgy decision, and a little unfair to let managed acts through but as long as they're treated like everyone else and given the same chances its all not so bad. It's alright.
  • Options
    xeoxeo Posts: 6,429
    Forum Member
    I don't think Jahmene was asked, how would the producers know about him?

Or is there proof to it?
  • Options
    xeoxeo Posts: 6,429
    Forum Member
    angella wrote: »

Oh that's interesting, I didn't know that :p

I'd say Jahmene, Lucy, Ella, MK1, District3 and Rylan were asked. Carolynne and James as a possibility.
  • Options
    twingletwingle Posts: 19,322
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Don't you know they ahve been scouting acts for years. We had a poster on here 2012 who worked as a scout for Sony and said most acts that get to the lives are scouted
  • Options
    Stuart1000Stuart1000 Posts: 1,275
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Triple J were also scouted before they became Union J for the live shows.
  • Options
    mimik1ukmimik1uk Posts: 46,701
    Forum Member
    well if this lot were the best they could do after actively scouting for acts then i think they need some new scouts
  • Options
    Visitor QVisitor Q Posts: 604
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't know if the scouting idea was wrong, but it certainly didn't result in a better top 12 this year.
  • Options
    achroachro Posts: 3,262
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This is NOT the first year that acts were scouted. It is nothing new.
  • Options
    spkxspkx Posts: 14,870
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They've "scouted" acts for years.

They scout thousands of acts, only a few make it even as far as the auditions just like the open shows.

Most 'scouting' just involves spamming people's YouTube inboxes
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 340
    Forum Member
    I know this had been done in the past (thats why i said "openly")but I do think the scale of it has increased hence them having to admit it otherwise they could have just continued to do it on the sly.Bar Chris and Jade I don't think any of the acts took a genuine route(by this I mean queued with thousands of others) to get on the show.
  • Options
    InVyInVy Posts: 559
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    poor George is one of the only ones really from the street. At least he is genuine because of it.
  • Options
    researchshirleyresearchshirley Posts: 2,978
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They've always scouted acts. This year they picked up several of the wrong ones, that's all.